EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Baby Eyes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Baby Eyes
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, this might be a strange question coming from a mother with multiple children. But my youngest son is now 4 months old and I am wondering if his eye color will change or not.

I don't remember my other children's eyes were changing colors that late.

You know I am not really concerned but it would really surprise me if my son would keep his blue eyes (hubby already made a comment that maybe they switched babies in the hospital! [Eek!] ). All other family members have brown or hazel eyes.

Anyone knows?

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could take up to a year (or even two) to get one's real eyecolor.

But are you surprised he has blue eyes and you and your hosbond don't?

Do you remember boring Mr. Mendel from the biology class?

http://www.seps.org/cvoracle/faq/eyecolor.html

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My sister is blond and has blue eyes, while we all have brown hair and eyes. When I was a child (it was really bad of me, but...) I kept telling her she was adopted... How mean I was!!!
Talking about changes, I have been really surprised to see many blond babies in Egypt, who keep the same color until they turn 4 or 5, then their hair becomes totally black.

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My biology teacher in school was a nervous wreck. She was a total messie, didn't pay attention to answers and wouldn't even let you complete sentences. She would scribble on one corner of the blackboard and then suddenly open it and scribble something else somewhere on the inside, you couldn't follow. Guess what, even the sex education (which we all longed for so much I guesss it was in 8th grade) she skipped and showed us one day a little harmless movie. That's all, very depressing.

My friend mentioned it would take up to 6 months until baby's real eye color is visible. My husband and me we both have brown eyes but then again my mom is blue-eyed so who knows maybe if his eye color will not change it is meant to be a little gift from his "Oma". [Wink]

Guess we wait it out and no matter what this boy is so handsome since day one regardless of his eye color. [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ShannonAmr
Member # 10352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShannonAmr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mom and dad both have brown eyes, but it's only my youngest brother who has brown eyes also. My oldest brother, my sister and I all have blue eyes... We traced it back to my grandfather on my mother's side, because he's the only one to have blue eyes. [Smile] It's funny how genetics work, but crazy at the same time.

I have a friend whose parents are both Italian (brown hair/brown eyes) and he's got 8 brothers and sisters. He and one of his brothers has brown hair/brown eyes, like his parents. But than he's got 3 siblings with brown hair/blue eyes, 2 with brown hair/green eyes, 1 with blond hair/blue eyes, and 1 with RED hair/blue eyes! I wonder what the mailman looks like! [Big Grin]

Posts: 130 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ShannonAmr:
I wonder what the mailman looks like! [Big Grin]

You are soooooooo naughty!!!!! [Big Grin]
ShannonAmr
Member # 10352

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ShannonAmr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Tigerlily*:
quote:
Originally posted by ShannonAmr:
I wonder what the mailman looks like! [Big Grin]

You are soooooooo naughty!!!!! [Big Grin]
LOL! Thanks! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I'd love it if my children have brown eyes. I think brown eyes are beautiful. So dreamy. [Smile] My fiance has brown eyes, so there's a good chance our children will too. [Smile] I think he'd prefer our children have blue eyes like me...

Posts: 130 | From: Michigan | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you seen those Egyptians who have the black hair and dark skin and then beautiful blue or green eyes...they are to die for!
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tiger, my daughter has blue eyes and blonde curly hair... both her father and I had brown straight hair and brown eyes!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerry
Member # 6310

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmhhh dont know about that babything [Big Grin] but i dont look at all like the rest of my family, when im out with mom they think im a friend coz we dont look each other at all, even my dad, nothin [Frown] my mom asked herself sometimes that question 2 with that switchinthing in the hospital [Smile] BUT noway im hers [Big Grin]

and they were so happy that i look not typical like the family

--------------------
~InsHallAh~

Posts: 147 | From: Mainz,Germany/ Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com