EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Intrusion.Win.MSSQL. worm.Helkern

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Intrusion.Win.MSSQL. worm.Helkern
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is anyone else having trouble with this virus on ES? I have had several attacks from this virus when I have been on ES in the last couple of days, fortunately they have all been repelled!
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know a couple of people who feel they've been hacked, here. Screwed up files on their computers...
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't tell me... [Eek!]
My new computer is running so slow tonight, please, don't tell me it's a virus.... But I'm almost sure it is... I don't understand, I have a good antivirus.
And now I'm trying to scan my PC, and even the scan isn't working. ****.

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Barbapapa:
Don't tell me... [Eek!]
My new computer is running so slow tonight, please, don't tell me it's a virus.... But I'm almost sure it is... I don't understand, I have a good antivirus.
And now I'm trying to scan my PC, and even the scan isn't working. ****.

Shut your computer down, reboot, and run your scan again. Isn't this particular worm pretty old?
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is some info about the virus/worm: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=10632

And: http://www.viruslist.com/en/news?id=59188
..."Helkern" infects only computers running Microsoft SQL Server 2000, a multi-functional database system widely used primarily on Web-servers. To home users of any Windows version without the installion of Microsoft SQL Server the worm poses no threat...

The worm is old, but still very active, apparently...any techies around?

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay this FREAK is flooding my computer with viruses.

I know they can do that if they hack websites.

So all of you, you're not safe every time you login here..

I'm out of here.. It was nice knowing you all!

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to know whose toes I stepped on here ... and why he or she is doing this to my profile ...posting someone's family pix all over the place as an insert in my posts ...

I WANT EVRYONE HERE TO KNOW IF THERE ARE PIX UNDER ANY OF MY POSTS FROM ( EGYPTTPYGE ) WEB SITE ..THESE PIX ARE POSTED BY THE HACKER WHO HACKED MY PROFILE ... nice knowing you all and stay safe ...this site is hurbering hackers and some psychos ..and I'm out of here..forever ...

Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
this site is hurbering hackers and psychos ..and I'm out of here..forever...

I don't get it. You've been posting on egypttpyge as well? [Confused] *That* is how your password here got hacked then.
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is american = tigerman?
Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com