EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Livin' La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin in Cairo!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Livin' La Vida Loca - Ricky Martin in Cairo!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ricky Martin in Cairo

Sara Kareem

For the first time in Egypt, the international Latin Pop music superstar Ricky Martin will ignite the summer season with his one night tour live concert on May 29 at 9 p.m at Egypt’s Media Production City. Be sure to buy your ticket online provided by Yallabina and avoid standing at those endless queues in the heat.

http://www.yallabina.com/Featured/Ricky.aspx

I wish I could be there tomorrow...... [Frown]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh ur joking the pomposs ass hes a little bio isint he but hey when he moves my ass starts rocking LIVIN LA VIDA LOCA YEAHHHHHHHHHHH SINGING HERE moving my tush shake yer baby shake ,ID BE KNOWN HAS THE ROCKING BOPPING HIJABI WOMAN [Big Grin]
Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually he was supposed to combine his performance in Egypt with the one in Greece. And it was announced that the later is cancelled. So the performance in Egypt may be cancelled, too? Check it out before you buy any tickets [Wink]
Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmmmmmmmmm...Rickito... caliente muchito! [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mi feng
Member # 9378

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mi feng     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he will come out of the closet in the middle east and go over to Bahrain to hook up with Michael Jackson for some gender bending niqab action.
Posts: 1161 | From: wo xiang xiao bian ji si le | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by QueenBee:
Maybe he will come out of the closet in the middle east and go over to Bahrain to hook up with Michael Jackson for some gender bending niqab action.

lol [Big Grin]
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eaasalam
Member # 8648

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eaasalam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw him in New York twice. I don't know if he is gay but he shakes his bom bom very nicely and makes you live la vida loca!!!!
Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eaasalam
Member # 8648

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eaasalam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karah_Mia:

...Y con mucho saborcito!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 98 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone been to his concert yesterday? How was it?
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by eaasalam:
quote:

...Y con mucho saborcito!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]
y deleite nuestro visto muchachito! [Razz]
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eaasalam
Member # 8648

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by karla:
quote:
Originally posted by eaasalam:
quote:

...Y con mucho saborcito!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Wink]
y deleite nuestro visto muchachito! [Razz]
LOL

...Oh Si, que rico baila Rickito! [Wink]

ninky
Member # 10736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ninky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Nancy Agram will be in Sharm on the 9th of June, I want to go but I not paying 500LE with dinner, but I would want the seat, its 200LE if you stand, I pregnant cant sit never mind stand at the moment

--------------------
Do you think I look like George Clooney!!!

Posts: 155 | From: Eeeegggyyypppttt | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh Ricky!

By Farah El Alfy
First Published: May 31, 2006

CAIRO: “We love you, Ricky!” screamed the Egyptian audience as the Latin star made his way offstage after a two-hour over-the-top performance on Monday night. The concert at Media City was a great success; Ricky Martin really knows how to put on a show.

Egypt is one of his stops on his global tour entitled, “Life,” the name of his new album, where he shares his life and emotions through music. He started in Mexico in October and has been halfway around the world, flying in from Beirut on Sunday.

The musician, famous for his allure, is even more attractive in person, and TV and posters just don’t do him justice. He is sporting a new look: a shark-fin haircut with a goatee and mustache.

“The concert will be theater-inspired,” says Martin earlier, and it certainly was. After every other song he changed his outfit, going for an entirely new theme in line with the bigger concept of global fusion.

Since Martin began his career in Broadway, playing a part in Les Misérables for 25 weeks, he is not shy of theatrics.

Martin is full of energy and lights up the stage with his presence. Whether he is Latino dancing, doing a ‘40s jazz motif or boxer-sizing in sweatpants, he has the audience mesmerized by his every move, drawing attention to how fit the 34-year-old is.

“It will be like a carnival in Cairo,” he says before the concert excitedly.

In addition to his personal talents, the stage was accessorized fabulously with both male and female dancers and musicians in sexy attire, adding some spice to the already saucy show. The lighting was bright and expressive, transforming the stage from hot red and sexy to a soft white dream.

While the star went backstage often to change his clothes, the screens provided entertainment for the brief interludes. Manga (Japanese animation) cartoons and dancing geishas were among the enjoyable entertainment on display, adding even more color to the show.

“I want to express myself not only through music but also through visuals,” explains Martin.

The Grand Hyatt Hotel was the sponsoring hotel for the event, where Martin and his entourage took 40 rooms. The hotel arranged for a limo to pick me up, bringing me to a pre-concert cocktail in the piano bar with a gorgeous view of Cairo.

With all of this fame, most people expect Martin to posses an arrogant attitude; quite the contrary, actually, as Martin is more down-to-earth, gracious and humble than most non-celebrities.

“I aim to live life to the fullest and be thankful... And create a better place for the children in need,” he says.

Indeed, he has accomplished much in terms of helping children, creating a foundation in 2004 aiming to do just that. The Ricky Martin Foundation (RMF) was formed to combat human trafficking, with special emphasis on child exploitation.

RMF is a respected voice that has created a high level of awareness of a crime to which 1.2 million children worldwide have fallen victim. They have created many counter projects geared toward the elimination of sex trafficking, debt bondage, forced labor and sex slavery. Many are partnered with large organizations such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO); Inter American Development Bank and the Human Health Services Division.

It is Martin’s second time in Egypt, and he says he really loves it. “Maybe in another life I was Egyptian… that’s the only explanation I can give, “he says.

An Arabian tune and an Arab female vocalist evident on his latest album reflect his interest in different cultures in general and the Middle East specifically.

“I have always been seduced by Arabic music; Middle Eastern sounds are very passionate,” he says.

He also adds that established British rock star Sting, who played by the Pyramids in the ‘90s, is his maestro; and has done great work with mixing musical cultures in a way that he admires.

He also plays with Asian, Latin and rock as well as Arabic themes in the latest album.

“In respect to the culture, I do it the way I see it, as humble as I can,” says Martin.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ninky:
I pregnant cant sit

It starts kicking, doesn't it? All the best for the delivery. How far are you along? [Smile]
catch a 4alling **ChImP**
Member # 10093

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catch a 4alling **ChImP**     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
livin la hijabi loca [Razz]

yes good luck in the birth day day ,its when it does a ful turn i cud not hack i felt like i was on a boat ,but oooooooh mashallah ,you be fine my lovely may all our wish es here look after you and keep you and the little one to be safe ,'allah hafeez ..

Posts: 1602 | From: the banana island shake me tweeeeeeee | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com