EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » cravings (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: cravings
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:
Originally posted by Sonomod_me:
7ayat is back because _hellraiser is gone. She will cruxify people, but can't take it herself.

Her coming back has nothing to do with HoleEraser's going with the wind. His being a c**t to her was not the first time a constipated pimp his type was rude to her. I mean come on Sono, he trashed you like you've never been trashed before, and you still mention his name?

7ayat has a new life that keeps her busy and a new forum where she's feeling like home.

Hope it will soon happen to you.

Yeah _hellraiser trashed me, but it wasn't a personal analysis like it was on 7ayat.

And her "new life" if it was that good she wouldn't need a forum like ES or any other forum.

the internet is not a healthy place to set down emotional ties.

Besides moving to a new country and a new marriage, the details she has given I have seen in person. these new brides brought to the shining and prosperous west are not exactly happy campers. And for that discomfort or straight out depression a "infidel" wife like myself is an excellent target for their agressions.

A Kuwaiti bride fresh from the Gulf to "Plymouth" suburb (I had to explain to her that the median income of Minnetonka is 6 times what it is in Plymouth, that was a delicious moment!) transfered to a different class period for the same class and same teacher because she couldn't get her claws out of me. The teacher intiated the switch, not her or I.

I've seen it and it isn't pretty. [Razz]

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sohyla:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by * 7ayat *:

QUOTE]ufff calm down ya benty, i have no problem with what you are saying, i quoted your reply by mistake.

By mistake? If I remember correctly you wrote something not so nice about Sono's mother and then erased it a few minutes later.

And on top of that 7ayat truly believes that poor people are ruining Egypt. he he he, got to love the nouvoue riche, so scared of where they come from.

7ayat is back because _hellraiser is gone. She will cruxify people, but can't take it herself.

nouvoue riche so brittle and fearful! [Razz]

lol ok hold on, i'm back? when did i leave? i've been posting every day as usual.

secondly, i'm nouveriche? you know what i have nothing against the nouveriche, they are simply simple people who worked hard and became rich. i'm amazed you hold so much predjudice towwards such people when you come from the land of opportunity where everyone has an equal chance of becoming rich .

and may i ask how do you know if i am nouveriche or not? i don't remember saying anything about my family history with the exception that my dad owns a factory. so how did you figure it out you smart ass? and don't give me this "i smell your likes from miles away" crap

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[[/qb]

And on top of that 7ayat truly believes that poor people are ruining Egypt. he he he, got to love the nouvoue riche, so scared of where they come from.

[/QB][/QUOTE]

oh and where did i say that i think poor people are runing egypt? i dare you sonomod I DARE YOU to prove to everyone here that i said that. and i'm NOT going to let this go until you prove it.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
quote:
quote:

QUOTE]ufff calm down ya benty, i have no problem with what you are saying, i quoted your reply by mistake.

By mistake? If I remember correctly you wrote something not so nice about Sono's mother and then erased it a few minutes later.

lol ok hold on, i'm back? when did i leave? i've been posting every day as usual.

secondly, i'm nouveriche? you know what i have nothing against the nouveriche, they are simply simple people who worked hard and became rich. i'm amazed you hold so much predjudice towwards such people when you come from the land of opportunity where everyone has an equal chance of becoming rich .

and may i ask how do you know if i am nouveriche or not? i don't remember saying anything about my family history with the exception that my dad owns a factory. so how did you figure it out you smart ass? and don't give me this "i smell your likes from miles away" crap

Heliopolis hasn't been around more than a century.

90% of the burb is nouvoue rich, unless you are with the government. And I know no one in your family holds a senior position.

And no one from old money complains about the instability of Egypt and blames the poor.

What the hell did you say about my mother?

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:

Her coming back has nothing to do with HoleEraser's going with the wind. His being a c**t to her was not the first time a constipated pimp his type was rude to her. I mean come on Sono, he trashed you like you've never been trashed before, and you still mention his name?

7ayat has a new life that keeps her busy and a new forum where she's feeling like home.

Hope it will soon happen to you.

Yeah _hellraiser trashed me, but it wasn't a personal analysis like it was on 7ayat.

And her "new life" if it was that good she wouldn't need a forum like ES or any other forum.

[Razz]

i have been on ES long before i got married you idiot. and i can join any form i want, it's none of your business
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Heliopolis hasn't been around more than a century.

90% of the burb is nouvoue rich, unless you are with the government. And I know no one in your family holds a senior position.

And no one from old money complains about the instability of Egypt and blames the poor.

What the hell did you say about my mother?

lol everyone in helioplis is nouvoue rich, and your evidence is that it's a young suburb? and where may i ask are the rich people in egypt? which suburb do they live? el haram because it's an old suburb? you have the IQ of a grasshopper.

and everyone in egypt is complaining about the instablity in egypt ESPECIALLY the old money who have seen much better times.

and once again, and dont you let me ask you once more sonomod, where did i BLAME THE POOR?

ps: and how on earth would you know if anyone in my family holds a senior position, who in my family do you know aslan. and while we are at it what is a senior position??? [Eek!]

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
quote:
[

[/QB]

oh and where did i say that i think poor people are runing egypt? i dare you sonomod I DARE YOU to prove to everyone here that i said that. and i'm NOT going to let this go until you prove it. [/QB][/QUOTE]

"Criple Maker" remember that thread. You don't have to state "poor are ruining my country" specifically.

And you can deny it until the next century.

I think this illustrates your denial of your lack of compassion for others, which is typical of well off people who come from third world countries:

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member Icon 1 posted 23 March, 2006 09:03 AM Profile for * 7ayat * Send New Private Message Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote

quote:Originally posted by Anthropos:
Yes I agree with Serendipitiy.

We should not be shocked and outraged that people would have their legs broken in order to cheat "us" out of money. We should rather try to understand why somebody would actually resort to these measures. Surely it is always a desperate act. We need to see the larger context.

And even if there are some genuine scam artists out there we must not cancel out all the others who are in real trouble.

Saying that beggars are becoming a bigger problem in Egypt is right, but it is the problem of the whole society, not only of those unfortunate ones.

i agree with you and sara. the beggars bother me, but please dont think that i wrote this just to slander them. i do feel for them, and it astounds me that someone can be desperate enough to seek the help of somone like the cripple maker. you are right, it is a problem of the society. just the existence of the cripple maker in our society shows how far down we have gone.

But this was your original post:

Egypt’s streets like most of you know are filled with beggars. It’s becoming more and more impossible to walk the length of a street without being followed by one beggar or more nagging for money.
Often you will find that the beggars in Egypt usually have one deformity or another which they believe will get the sympathy of pedestrians and insure more money. An amputated leg or arm, a missing eye, a burned face, paralyzed legs are all common deformities.
Unlike what many people think, these beggars did not suffer these deformities through accidents or sickness. While most people in the world would do anything to avoid being deformed these beggars on the other hand pay to have it done, with the help of cripple makers.
Cripple makers, are men with limited or even no medical training (former nurses), and thus every beggar who asked for his services always risked their life from bleeding to death, or any other surgery going wrong. Further, often there is no anesthesia used, nor surgical equipment resulting in excruciating pain. Further, most beggars work for a “ma3allem,” who is responsible for them, and who they return to at the end of the day. Each ma3llem is responsible for a district in Egypt, which only his beggars are allowed to work.
Although beggars claim to be poor, many of them make a great deal of money each day. Think of it guys, if they work 12 hours a day, and get one pound every ten minutes (usually more), they would make more money than the average Egyptian. A few years ago the newspapers covered the story of an old woman, who used to beg in downtown Cairo for years, fooling pedestrians into thinking that she is needy, when in fact she was filthy rich and owned two huge apartment buildings!
The techniques used by Egyptian beggars vary greatly, and often I have to admit are very creative (and disgusting). Firstly, there is the good old fashioned way of standing on the pavement and extending their hands to passersby. That is supplemented with a pathetic look on the face, teary eyes, and if necessary pointing their fingers to the mouth to demonstrate their hunger. Of course, when passersby ignore them, they follow them around moaning about their sick mother, their deprived children and the fact that they haven’t eaten in ten days. There were two girls who used to beg right in front of my university, who were called Nashwa, and Sabah. They were two of the most beautiful Egyptian girls I’ve ever met, and were very famous around campus; everybody like me knew their names. Their method of begging were very aggressive though. They would run after the students, block their way, and even physically push them in order to get their attention. One time Sabah even slammed me on to a wall. However, their behavior was often tolerated by the students due to their prettiness, and young age. (They’re probably in their mid teens now).
Another form of common begging in Egypt, are people who sit on pavement to sell a bunch of useless stuff to passerby’s while moaning about their life. Also there are the beggars who walk around during traffic stops, and try to take money from the drivers and passengers of a car. Sometimes they try to sell items, like Kleenex boxes, which most people don’t take anyway even if they paid for them because they feel bad for the beggars! Of course, these kids usually approach a car, and when the drivers ignore them, they stick their faces to the windows and pretend to be crying, if still ignored they start banging on the window. If the traffic lights change and they still didn’t get their money, they cuss and swear at the drivers.
Another and fairly new methods are people who walk around selling papers with information on the sign language, while pretending to be mute and deaf. They motion to pedestrians with their hands, that each paper costs L.E 1. Again, when they are ignored a miracle happens and they get their voice back which they use to produce a stream of obscenities at the pedestrian. Also common are women who walk around with babies and children, which they use to get the people’s pity. Often however, the children are not theirs and are in fact rented.
As for the deformed beggars well I’ve seen ones with burned faces, amputated legs and arms, and paralyzed on chairs. There was one right where I lived that had no legs, and dragged himself on his hands in the middle of the cars to beg. He is so low on the ground that its difficult for most drivers to see him especially at night, and often he was almost hit by passing cars. One of the weirdest beggars I saw was in Kasr El Eini street. It was a woman walking around with a man who wore a white galabyia that was torn from the front. He had around his neck a tube with blood in it that was connected to a plastic bag full of blood lying on his side. I have no idea what the hell that was supposed to mean. There was also blood splattered on his chest and face. He looked disgusting, and in the heat the smell of blood and sweat was terrible. Most car drivers were more degusted than sympathetic and rolled their windows up when they saw him.
Also there are beggars who stand in front of the major mosques like El Hussein. They are usually in groups who attack any tourist or any person who was planning to pray for money. I was so angry when once I tried to pay in El Hussein and was stopped by some weirdo who told me I need to give him money to get in. The guy stood there taking money from people like it’s a ticket to a concert or something!
Last but not least are beggars who live in the tombs, and harass mourners who are trying to bury or are visiting a relative or friend. All these beggars usually use “duaa” (praying for a person) to get money. For example, they will tell you that they hope you get married, have children, go to heaven, pass your exams, be forgiven by god etc.
Anyway, I think beggars are becoming an increasing problem in Egypt. I would like to hear your stories with Egyptian beggars and if this problem also exists in other countries you have visited? Thank you

http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=009526#000000

Now to you this doesn't seem that discompassionate, but to westerners its really evil. No one on ES wanted to explain that to you in less than subtle terms like I will, do and will continue to do so.

I won't be politically correct. I don't have to be.

Go down and read the excerpt from Galal Amin's book "Whatever happened to the Egyptians".

I mean 7ayat not everyone here is going to be as vocal as I am, doesn't mean they aren't thinking the same thing I am.

I am just less polite about it.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
i knew that this is exactly the thread you are going to bring up. yeah i wrote about the beggars, a growing phenomenon in egypt. i wrote about the different begging techniques i've seen and read about, an interesting topic or so i thought. why on earth would that be blaming the poor in egypt? I'M STILL WAITING FOR AN EXPLANATION
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

I am going to bed, the yuppie alkies have straggled home and the hood is finally quiet.

7ayat I have always found you pretencious and snotty. I grew up around loads of people who were first generation college educated and were making no more than $200,000 a year. They felt they were Gods.

Then I grew up around kids who's parents were teachers and carpenters. But somehow had a $3million home on the lakeshore. I didn't really think about it because they didn't have servants and didn't have rolls royces, the house was in the family.

Later on I realized the kids who were freaking out, on drugs, gettin abortions, basically evil kids were the offspring of the nouvoue riche.

The good kids didn't realize that they were rich until much later and due to their parents guilt complex over having money sheilded their kids from that knowledge and focused on being there for the kids and the kids value systems.

No nannies, no chefs, no maids. Just mom and dad.

Going to bed, I am sick of this crap. Sorry MOST everyone else can't be this honest. I imagine that 7ayat hasn't been told off yet by her Australian neighbors. But give it time.....

--------------------
Don't freak out, sonomod, Organized Crime, whatever. If I annoy you its me!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
oh and by the way i've seen you make comments about how the "cripplemaker" thread shows how the poor "scare me" or whatever. and i always ignored it because i know you are stupid. i mean why else would you be 32 and still have no uni degree
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
I am going to bed, the yuppie alkies have straggled home and the hood is finally quiet.

7ayat I have always found you pretencious and snotty. I grew up around loads of people who were first generation college educated and were making no more than $200,000 a year. They felt they were Gods.

Then I grew up around kids who's parents were teachers and carpenters. But somehow had a $3million home on the lakeshore. I didn't really think about it because they didn't have servants and didn't have rolls royces, the house was in the family.

Later on I realized the kids who were freaking out, on drugs, gettin abortions, basically evil kids were the offspring of the nouvoue riche.

The good kids didn't realize that they were rich until much later and due to their parents guilt complex over having money sheilded their kids from that knowledge and focused on being there for the kids and the kids value systems.

Going to bed, I am sick of this crap. Sorry MOST everyone else can't be this honest. I imagine that 7ayat hasn't been told off yet by her Australian neighbors. But give it time.....

yeah go to bed, and i'm not surprised you found me snotty. i mean who do you like anyway? you've insulted everyone on this forum, you dont like arabs, you dont like europeans, you don't like anyone.

oh and one last thing? what did i say about your grandmother? you showed a pic of your grandma when she was 48 saying that she looks much younger. so i posted that i thnk she looks much older like 60 years old. then i showed my husband the pic, and i asked him how old do you think this woman is? he said in ehr 30's, i said no way she looks really old. he said no don't be silly she looks like she is in her 30's. so i thought maybe it's just me, and i regretted what i said and deleted what i said. and may i ask what is so wrong about that??????? i mean why it the edit button there anyway? haven't we all said things that we have regretted and removed?

and by the way the only reason sohyla told you is because she is pissed at me because on another forum, i accused her of constantly trashing egypt!

sohyla, you are a low life

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
oh and by the way i've seen you make comments about how the "cripplemaker" thread shows how the poor "scare me" or whatever. and i always ignored it because i know you are stupid. i mean why else would you be 32 and still have no uni degree

See that is the lack of compassion I am refering to. My parents didn't put me through college.

Your parents have pampered you beyound all extreme.

7ayat, have you ever had a job, lived on your own, paid all your own bills and didn't take a handout from mommy and daddy?

And when I refer to a job, one that a family member or friend didn't find for you? I mean earning something by merit?

Do you understand what merit and self-reliance is?

You are a child, will always be a child. And that is why your husband picked you. Your husband can't respect a woman who is his equal.

7ayat you have never grown up and never will. Which is sad.

That is my explanation. You wont' understand how disguisting, evil and void of any human decency your remarks are in that thread.

I mean some people just won't ever understand what it takes to be a good person and have some humanity.

And that is what is wrong in the world.

I can't fight now, must sleep.

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
quote:

yeah go to bed, and i'm not surprised you found me snotty. i mean who do you like anyway? you've insulted everyone on this forum, you dont like arabs, you dont like europeans, you don't like anyone.

oh and one last thing? what did i say about your grandmother? you showed a pic of your grandma when she was 48 saying that she looks much younger. so i posted that i thnk she looks much older like 60 years old. then i showed my husband the pic, and i asked him how old do you think this woman is? he said in ehr 30's, i said no way she looks really old. he said no don't be silly she looks like she is in her 30's. so i thought maybe it's just me, and i regretted what i said and deleted what i said. and may i ask what is so wrong about that??????? i mean why it the edit button there anyway? haven't we all said things that we have regretted and removed?

and by the way the only reason sohyla told you is because she is pissed at me because on another forum, i accused her of constantly trashing egypt!

7ayat my grandmother is 48 in the picture, her husband my grandfather is 51. He worked outside for 30 yrs at that point in the sun, wind and extreme cold. the capilaries are busted in his face which happens from the sun, wind and the cold. That shows the extreme difference.

I didn't want to do this but this shows that the woman in the pic is my grandma:

This shows my grandma, my mom and her sisters in 1996:

[IMG]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5171/grandmasisters5xc.th.jpg[/IMG]

This is my parents wedding photo:

[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2888/weddingportrait1np.th.jpg[/IMG]

This is my grandma and cousin with her husband in 2002:

[IMG]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8912/babyshower1ex.th.jpg[/IMG]

This is my grand aunt marion which shows the family resemblance is extremely strong and so its the youthful appearance:

[IMG]http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/112/grandauntmarion4cd.th.jpg[/IMG]

I had shown these photos of my family, my MIL and SIL thought my grandma was my mother. My sweet MIL actually started crying. My SIL didn't believe me and so the next time my husband called she grabbed the phone reciever from her husband and demanded to know the truth. After that point SIL got real bad to deal with, like you. And you responded in the same manner my SIL did. Go figure how typical. [Roll Eyes]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
you idiot, my whole family was against me being a journalist, i worked my ass off to find that job, prove myself and keep it. you don't know how many days and nights i have suffered to get my career going. as usual you are making judgments out of your ass.

one of the main reasons i fell in love with my husband is because he respected my career and has always encouraged me even when everyone else was putting me down. when i moved to australia he paid for a journalism course for me from money that we do not have, just to help me break into the field again. he is a wonderful, kind, and loving man. he does not treat me as an equal, he treats me as someone better than him.

good night sonomd, although i doubt you will ever have a good night's sleep

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:

7ayat my grandmother is 48 in the picture, her husband my grandfather is 51. He worked outside for 30 yrs at that point in the sun, wind and extreme cold. the capilaries are busted in his face which happens from the sun, wind and the cold. That shows the extreme difference.

I didn't want to do this but this shows that the woman in the pic is my grandma:

This shows my grandma, my mom and her sisters in 1996:

[IMG]http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/5171/grandmasisters5xc.th.jpg[/IMG]

This is my parents wedding photo:

[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2888/weddingportrait1np.th.jpg[/IMG]

This is my grandma and cousin with her husband in 2002:

[IMG]http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/8912/babyshower1ex.th.jpg[/IMG]

This is my grand aunt marion which shows the family resemblance is extremely strong and so its the youthful appearance:

[IMG]http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/112/grandauntmarion4cd.th.jpg[/IMG]

I had shown these photos of my family, my MIL and SIL thought my grandma was my mother. My sweet MIL actually started crying. My SIL didn't believe me and so the next time my husband called she grabbed the phone reciever from her husband and demanded to know the truth. After that point SIL got real bad to deal with, like you. And you responded in the same manner my SIL did. Go figure how typical. [Roll Eyes]

nice pics, most of my family members have aged very gracefully too. ill post some pics
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
you idiot, my whole family was against me being a journalist, i worked my ass off to find that job, prove myself and keep it. you don't know how many days and nights i have suffered to get my career going. as usual you are making judgments out of your ass.

one of the main reasons i fell in love with my husband is because he respected my career and has always encouraged me even when everyone else was putting me down. when i moved to australia he paid for a journalism course for me from money that we do not have, just to help me break into the field again. he is a wonderful, kind, and loving man. he does not treat me as an equal, he treats me as someone better than him.

good night sonomd, although i doubt you will ever have a good night's sleep

oh I had to save this, meaning your degree isn't worth anything in Australia. I figured that.

And your husband doesn't have the money for one class? Just one class? No wonder you are on your high horse, what a massive fall from grace.

And tuition is double here University of Melborne:

http://www.futurestudents.unimelb.edu.au/pdf/tuitionfees2006aust.pdf

100 credits at $14700 which is $147 a credit, I pay $300! He can't afford one class? Cripes. What a massive change is socio-economic class for you. No wonder your parents didn't want this marriage. Ha!

oh yeah the only people in the world that matter are Arabs and Europeans. I will remember this for the future.

Oh and another add:

nice pics, most of my family members have aged very gracefully too. ill post some pics

If your family aged as gracefully as mine you would've been able to snag a richer husband.

Uff!

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What makes you so sure husband alwayes want a wife who lives for long? specially in your case, sono?
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
lol actually my degree is fully recognized in australia. i took that course to brush up my skills and see how i can break in the field again.

and no my husband can't afford the course. first you are accusing me of being rich and now you are making fun me because i don't have money. you always have something to judge.

all the women in my family are beautiful, much more than yours. and believe me i dont want a richer husband, i love my husband. unlike you money doesnt mean anything to me

Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
lol actually my degree is fully recognized in australia. i took that course to brush up my skills and see how i can break in the field again.

and no my husband can't afford the course. first you are accusing me of being rich and now you are making fun me because i don't have money. you always have something to judge.

all the women in my family are beautiful, much more than yours. and believe me i dont want a richer husband, i love my husband. unlike you money doesnt mean anything to me

Alright smarty pants lets see you get into a journalists association or a reporters union, or get licensed to work as a journalist in Australia.

You need to have the credentials in order to attain such a licensure.

An Egyptian with a degree in Journalism from an Egyptian university wouldn't be able to get in with a syndicate here in the USA. They'd have to go back to college and re-earn the degree.

Besides even if you did go back and re-earn your degree you don't have the social elevation nor the connections to get into the field in Australia.

You came to Australia to be a housewife and escape Egypt. Your only consolation will be Australian citizenship and to brag about living in the west.

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
escape egypt? me? i love egypt, and only left because my husband wanted us to live here for the first few years. if you want to know something about my life ask me instead of making silly conclustions.

i can't get into the field in australia? WATCH ME

i love australia but i'm egyptian and will always be egyptian. nothing else.

god sonomod your racism is stunning

good night

LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7YAT, sonomod is being herself and you can't blame her for that. the bltchy syndrome you know
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

the internet is not a healthy place to set down emotional ties.

Besides moving to a new country and a new marriage, the details she has given I have seen in person. these new brides brought to the shining and prosperous west are not exactly happy campers. And for that discomfort or straight out depression a "infidel" wife like myself is an excellent target for their agressions.

A Kuwaiti bride fresh from the Gulf to "Plymouth" suburb (I had to explain to her that the median income of Minnetonka is 6 times what it is in Plymouth, that was a delicious moment!) transfered to a different class period for the same class and same teacher because she couldn't get her claws out of me. The teacher intiated the switch, not her or I.

I've seen it and it isn't pretty. [Razz]

I don't know what HoleEraser's "analysis" of 7ayat was, but he doesn't know her, so I guess he's reflecting his frustrations with Egyptian woman on her.. And he has the mentality of a pimp anyway.. Just go have a look at his new forum.. It's all about pussy! And guess who's joined him? A couple of shmucks who wear the veil and preached us sick in some previous life under different names.

7ayat is online because she's homesick and home alone most of the day.. And why are you online 25/7 ya Sono? You're the ultimate psycho of the whole WWW.

Her move to the "shining and prosperous west" took her loads of sacrifice. Financially speaking, she's much better off in Cairo. But she's doing this for *love* . And I'm sorry Sono I got no time to explain this word for you.

And this Kuwaiti woman's crap story tells us only one thing: You're as annoying in real life as you are online..

Thank you.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7ayat here its true you will have an equal chance as anyone else does to get into journalism.There is no reason that you would not.Push hard and youll be right-just dont give up !!

7ayat I think your husband is on one of the higher tiers of earning-just paying the house is the australian pasttime for everyone here Sono-we are in property fever in sydney unfortunately-mortgages are what comes first.Ive met 7ayats husband and theres no way he would have married a child or whatever you said-hes been around the block a few times and knows what he wants in a partner, and actually 7ayat is FAR from a stuck up person Sono. She is actually totally the opposite, and she is not at all easy to manipulate as a child.
Look 7ayat I think you are brave to do it here-of course you could have done it easy in cairo, so could your husband if he would work in dubai or even cairo etc, but wheres the challenge in that?
Your relationship with your husband will be stronger for the struggle to get success-its fun!!!
And Sono for the most part in sydney we dont give a **** about peoples social " class" - as long as your ok and not full of **** who cares.Why is a lotto winner or canteen worker any less than a barrister ?
As we say here-same sh## different bucket.

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Lazeez:
7YAT, sonomod is being herself and you can't blame her for that. the bltchy syndrome you know

lol i'm used to that syndrome kicking in once in a while
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
my kingdom and melati, i can't thank you enough for your kindness
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by Melati:
7ayat here its true you will have an equal chance as anyone else does to get into journalism.There is no reason that you would not.Push hard and youll be right-just dont give up !!

7ayat I think your husband is on one of the higher tiers of earning-just paying the house is the australian pasttime for everyone here Sono-we are in property fever in sydney unfortunately-mortgages are what comes first.Ive met 7ayats husband and theres no way he would have married a child or whatever you said-hes been around the block a few times and knows what he wants in a partner, and actually 7ayat is FAR from a stuck up person Sono. She is actually totally the opposite, and she is not at all easy to manipulate as a child.
Look 7ayat I think you are brave to do it here-of course you could have done it easy in cairo, so could your husband if he would work in dubai or even cairo etc, but wheres the challenge in that?
Your relationship with your husband will be stronger for the struggle to get success-its fun!!!
And Sono for the most part in sydney we dont give a **** about peoples social " class" - as long as your ok and not full of **** who cares.Why is a lotto winner or canteen worker any less than a barrister ?
As we say here-same sh## different bucket.

Maleti for the most part I appreciate your posts....

As for this "property owning obession" America's home ownership rate surpasses Australia's and we still make room in our budgets for student loans. A college education secures your income so you can make those mortage payments.

Many immigrants especially Muslim immigrants are afriad of owing money and may of them don't see the point of their wives re-earning their educations as they have, nor actually putting themselves in debt for a wife.

But did you read the thread "Cripple Maker"?

If you don't find her comments and motivation for posting that thread questionable either you haven't read it or you didn't notice that other posters were not on the same page as her (meaning that they weren't as discompassionate, unfeeling and basically evil as 7ayat), or you share her same hatred for poor people.

The great depression had a puzzling beginning, for decades many Americans considered the fall of the stock market on a Tuesday in 1929 the work of Jews.

A survey was conducted later to query the American general public on their understand of the events surrounding "Black Tuesday". Socio-economic history, age, race, education and political affliations were accounted for and tallied.

Depending on those criteria above you can guess who blamed the Jews for "Black Tuesday" and the subsequent economic depression afterwards.

What many people didn't know until decades later is the person who created the fall out on that Tuesday was a Roman Catholic Italian immigrant called "Pontzi".

Even after many of the survey's participants were informed of the actual factor and person "Pontzi" that created the great depression they still thought it was the Jews, or that Pontzi was a Jew.

Heavy emphasis on the fact that Pontzi was a recent immigrant and very poor. His poverty, and his standing as a recent immigrant was to blame for his actions.

This poll was taken after the end of WW2, and can you guess how many of these poll participants were either first generation Americans or second generation Americans and new to the middle class.

I mean just because you claim you aren't hateful toward impoverished people, just because you are 1 generation or less away from the gutter doesn't mean you don't have a self-hating complex.

The poll showed that "urban myths" in addition to a paronia that one will return to their roots, gives you an good idea of why "certain" people have such a fear and hatred of the poor. And then claim they don't have a fear and hatred of the poor.

I rest my case.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I rest my case.

Aa ya sheekha we7yat giddik. (= Amen)
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _Masrawi_:
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
Yep makes it more fun........ We are colourfull people.

And remember : Dont mess with me - I have a cartoon in my backpocket. [Big Grin]

i am not amused ... the least bit.
Doesn't matter - I find it funny.... [Embarrassed]
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg
Member # 10776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
An Egyptian with a degree in Journalism from an Egyptian university wouldn't be able to get in with a syndicate here in the USA. They'd have to go back to college and re-earn the degree.
Not familiar with journalism, but all business degrees from Egyptian universities are recognized in the US. I graduated with an accounting degree, worked for 3 years under a certified CPA over here (Egypt), passed the CPA exam, became a licensed CPA and a member of the AICPA. Didn't have to redo my education not even take/retake a single extra course. What's funny is that I was sitting beside graduates from UCLA, University of California, Berkeley and other schools. My yearly tuition was $200, theirs was around $20,000, but we both ended up taking the same exam and worked for the same firms.
Isn't it amazing ?

There are hundreds of Egyptians and Arabs enrolled in top tier MBA programs in the States. All
you need is an excellent undergraduate GPA (from any university in world), outstanding work
experience, exceptional essays and a 650+ GMAT score.

Posts: 407 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
man how did you manage 3yrs accounting PLUS CPA????--I still have some assignments to do and I wish I had never taken up this course-my ex is also qualified in accounting ( works in different field though) and he teases me all the time-because he says he had to do it in another language here at uni( he is indo) and I have the advantage here LOL.He offered to tutor me but no way-thats trouble!!
I swear Im gonna end up dudding myself.
I just find accounting so damn counter intuitive.But its good too. I need a brain transplant honestly.

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iamthej9
Member # 11174

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamthej9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i think you guys are great mothers (in the nice sense of the word!) especially if you are doing it tough raising more than one and in a foreign country that doesnt always cater to what you need. your kids seem happy and healthy so keep doing whatever you are doing. i havent been pregnant pc but i was overweight until recently and still have all the cravings for the food you mention. it is a daily struggle not to drive through the drive through *ha ha * and indulge myself!!! and i agree that pregnant mothers do get bombarded with unsolicited advice, and horror stories and people thinking they can come up and touch your belly. as if you dont have enough to be going on with. i wish you good luck in your quest to have your next baby at home.
Posts: 47 | From: perth western australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
iamthej9
Member # 11174

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for iamthej9     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry bout that last posting guys....i seemed to be on page 1 not three and you guys are now well off the subject!!!!
Posts: 47 | From: perth western australia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by massenburg:
quote:
Not familiar with journalism, but all business degrees from Egyptian universities are recognized in the US. I graduated with an accounting degree, worked for 3 years under a certified CPA over here (Egypt), passed the CPA exam, became a licensed CPA and a member of the AICPA. Didn't have to redo my education not even take/retake a single extra course. What's funny is that I was sitting beside graduates from UCLA, University of California, Berkeley and other schools. My yearly tuition was $200, theirs was around $20,000, but we both ended up taking the same exam and worked for the same firms.
Isn't it amazing ?

There are hundreds of Egyptians and Arabs enrolled in top tier MBA programs in the States. All
you need is an excellent undergraduate GPA (from any university in world), outstanding work

I don't know how long ago that was....

But now in over half of the states in the USA you need a masters degree to test for the CPA. Things have change. Which is why I find your comment about the GMAT score a little pecular.

And you don't need to be a CPA to join AICPA:
http://www.aicpa.org/members/join.asp

Which your argument I find strange, because when you look at all those foreign born tax professionals who handle your taxes (Any non-franchise tax shop has a few) ask their credentials and they readily show you their diploma from an American university.

Unless a professional of any type is here on a "employer sponsored visa" they all cop to having an American university degree.

When I read any USA newspapers and look up the biography of the journalist they all have an American degree.

and now that I think about it massenburg, your arguement is moot actually you are argeeing with me in the fullest extent:

Here is where the gap is in our discussion:

I am refering to the fact that many immigrants have degrees that aren't recognized in the USA and cannot work in their profession until they complete further education at an American university.

You are saying the same.

Besides its extremely good foreign diplomacy to allow international students into our universities. Often international students pay double tuition and alot of "diplomatic snaffus" are forgiven when we increase a country's quota for "student visas". Its not that international students are better, its a diplomatic bargaining chip.

Nothing more!

If Egypt wants something from America does Egypt increase its "student visa" quota for Americans? No! Its not worthwhile to America's interests.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i knew that this is exactly the thread you are going to bring up. yeah i wrote about the beggars, a growing phenomenon in egypt. i wrote about the different begging techniques i've seen and read about, an interesting topic or so i thought. why on earth would that be blaming the poor in egypt? I'M STILL WAITING FOR AN EXPLANATION

I agree, that proves nothing! There is a growing phonemenon of beggars in Egypt and I dare you to go to New York and not try to find the same. I don't see her blaming them for anything?? [Confused]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
quote:

I agree, that proves nothing! There is a growing phonemenon of beggars in Egypt and I dare you to go to New York and not try to find the same. I don't see her blaming them for anything?? [Confused]
Smuckers the reasons for poverty in New York are different, even the strategies for allievating poverty, attitudes towards poverty, even the religious attitudes towards poverty are the polar opposite between NYC and Egypt.

Between NY and TX the poverty index is radically different.

I can put together a insightful packet of studies on poverty in the Arab world, specifically Egypt.

Poverty isn't cloned the world over, unlike wealth poverty is truly unique in each pocket of the world.

If you want the studies, I can send them to you. It would shock you to death if you read them.

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree poverty from US and Egypt is DRASTICALLY different and the reasons for it as well. But I don't see how 7ayat was blaming the poor for anything [Confused]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I agree poverty from US and Egypt is DRASTICALLY different and the reasons for it as well. But I don't see how 7ayat was blaming the poor for anything [Confused]

Okay when someone says in the USA, "Just go get a job!" it has a different context. Now say that today in 2006, vs. 1998 vs. 1932.

Now if you made that statement in 1932 and put it next to Egypt today, well you'd see why her statements are so callous.

And I find it really bizare that you need to dig up a post quite a few days old... Why?

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Ok you totally confused me, what?? (haven't had morning coffee maybe).

Also I haven't really had time to read all posts lately, drank the yuky Egypt water and got some stomach bug.....yukkkk

al-Kahina
Member # 12077

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for al-Kahina   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
quote:
Originally posted by God's favorite:
I went out of "my way" for something good. I certainly wouldn't go out my way to do what snoozing did, and, for the reason she did it. I posted that 'advice' in the best interest of pregnant cravings. So in my eyes, it was worth it. I certainly don't like it when I see people having sick babies. If I find something worthy of reading, I want to share it with others so that other people can draw advantage from it too.

Yeah, that's exactly what a pregnant woman loves, unsolicited advice. [Big Grin]
I think God needs to impregnant himself, carry a baby to term and then give birth to the baby. Opps I meant "God's favorite".

I think "God's favorite" is jealous of women.

Posts: 3168 | From: If you don't like it, don't look or read it! | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com