EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptians on ES

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptians on ES
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just out of curiousity, i want to know which usernames on ES are egyptian.

i know that Mk, automatic, ngeg, lazeez, masrawi,and me of course are egyptians. anyone else?

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL... the top add in the google bar for this thread is 'stop swearing'!
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HEY JAPENESE oi ying pain es lama ting ua batty wang ,nay sorry 7ayat no egyptians here justpure japenese birds
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by charm el feikh?:

(Amazed by the stupidity)

Google ads are user specific dumbo!!

In real life, are you a paprika?

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:

i know that Mk, automatic, ngeg, lazeez, masrawi,and me of course are egyptians. anyone else?

Again telepathy repeating!

I was about to post the same thing.

Don't forget River of Love and Someone Lost (who are one person I believe)

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah but someone lost doesn't post anymore. neither does sam on line.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ael_husseiny
Member # 10201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ael_husseiny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im egyptian thankxx god

--------------------
samir

Posts: 150 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
cool ya ael [Smile] so people of all the members of ES, there are only nine egyptians? ya lahwi!
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gosh... that is a bit of a surprise. where is masrawi these days anyway?

i guess there will always be more non egyptians looking up egypt related stuff that egyptians (er.. if that makes sense) but it is a shame theres not more egyptians to offer up authentic advice.

7, i hate to point this out... but have you taken into account how many of those 9 actually live in egypt?!!!

not you.. nor masrawi nor whatsit, nor ngeg... er..

how many egyptians who live in egypt do we have here?

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Hoover The Hyena:
quote:

(Amazed by the stupidity)

Google ads are user specific dumbo!!

In real life, are you a paprika?

LOL.. just noticed you barking...

sit.. stay...

fetch! [throwing stick over edge of cliff]

wanna hold on to my feather...

oh.. too late

shame!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
gosh... that is a bit of a surprise. where is masrawi these days anyway?

i guess there will always be more non egyptians looking up egypt related stuff that egyptians (er.. if that makes sense) but it is a shame theres not more egyptians to offer up authentic advice.

7, i hate to point this out... but have you taken into account how many of those 9 actually live in egypt?!!!

well for the first year and a half i posted on ES i did live in egypt. then i moved to sydney last january. however, the fact that i don't live in egypt doesn't make me any less egyptian.

although i'm also curious, how many egyptians who live in egypt do we have here?

FUBAR
Member # 8177

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FUBAR   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FUBAR is Egyptian ... respect yo !
big it up fo yoself [Smile]

--------------------
http://www.walklikeanegyptian.dr.ag/

Posts: 49 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
POW
Member # 11450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for POW     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
POW is Egyptian
Posts: 209 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarah02
Member # 1332

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarah02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm an Egyptian that lives in Egypt
Posts: 116 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im danish and i look up egypt-related sites to talk to egyptians (mostly).. a shame theres not more of them here....

also nice to talk to people from other countries who just live in egypt

Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

however, the fact that i don't live in egypt doesn't make me any less egyptian.

Very interesting remark Charm. (I just read the thread abt pete and I hope u r both doing well... Enshaallah all will go well, u just hold on)

7ayat, the fact that we r away makes us more emotionally patriotic abt Egypt. I think our thoughts and judgements are a bit blurred- and sometimes not a 100% accurate. We can imagine what it's like, but how accurate can memory and imagination of daily life in Egypt be after 1, 5 or 10 yrs abroad???

We hear, read, and may be feel but not LIVE the everyday struggle of an average Egyptian.
Of course this differs from a person to another laken that's what I noticed.

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
im glad you still feel very egyptian 7.. you havnt lived in australia long. Ngeg is right.. it does vary from person to person but i have to admit ive lived in england so long i dont feel very scottish anymore.

its a strange feeling, its not as though i WANT to be english, and im proud that im scottish, but my accent has changed, my friends, colleges children, partner etc are all english... i live the english lifestyle on a daily basis.

when i travel now i am seen to be english and i tell people i am from london.

when i visit scotland i am always amazed at the changes i see and although in my heart i feel like im going home, in most other ways i feel like a tourist.

[Frown]

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
In most other ways i feel like a tourist.

[Frown]

[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] I wanna cry now!
This is quite close to how i feel at the moment. I'm moving back home and I have no idea how life is like. My memory isn't helping me much either...
I know it will take me 6months -a year to settle down. But that's how long it took me to move out of Egypt and settle down here! I don't even see my parents place as "home" anymore ! It's very sad.

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ngeg:

7ayat, the fact that we r away makes us more emotionally patriotic abt Egypt. I think our thoughts and judgements are a bit blurred- and sometimes not a 100% accurate. We can imagine what it's like, but how accurate can memory and imagination of daily life in Egypt be after 1, 5 or 10 yrs abroad???

Ngeg, me and my other British friends living in Egypt are the same. We feel more patriotic to Britain than we ever did when living there. We frequently talk about the differences between here and home and when we get to our homesick stage and discuss leaving Egypt we always see the best of the UK. It doesn't take more than 1 week being back in UK to see that we are actually happy in Egypt!
Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This is quite close to how i feel at the moment. I'm moving back home and I have no idea how life is like. My memory isn't helping me much either...
I know it will take me 6months -a year to settle down. But that's how long it took me to move out of Egypt and settle down here! I don't even see my parents place as "home" anymore ! It's very sad.

Assalamu alaykum Ngeg!

They say that reverse culture shock is more difficult to cope with that culture shock...you think you are going home and will fit in, but although home hasn't changed much, the "you" that is going back has, due to your different experiences. Give yourself time and seek out others who have lived away...it will make it easier for you.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I left England at the age of 18 to work and live abroad. I returned at the age of 32 and ended up staying for a while, cos I got married, had a baby, got divorced but staying in the UK until my son grows up. During all that time I very rarely felt homesick. I missed my family sometimes and certain things, but not enough to want to go back. Can't wait to leave again though!
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
im glad you still feel very egyptian 7.. you havnt lived in australia long. Ngeg is right.. it does vary from person to person but i have to admit ive lived in england so long i dont feel very scottish anymore.

its a strange feeling, its not as though i WANT to be english, and im proud that im scottish, but my accent has changed, my friends, colleges children, partner etc are all english... i live the english lifestyle on a daily basis.

when i travel now i am seen to be english and i tell people i am from london.

when i visit scotland i am always amazed at the changes i see and although in my heart i feel like im going home, in most other ways i feel like a tourist.

[Frown]

you know i find that very stressful. i'm really worried about the day that i will start feeling like a tourist in egypt. i think i will have an identity crisis [Smile]
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
In most other ways i feel like a tourist.

[Frown]

lol ngeg i think i used to fight with people because of egypt more when i lived there. i've calmed down shwaya lately [Smile]

i hope your adjustment to life in egypt is easy. how long have you lived abroad? and if you don't feel comfortable can you leave again?

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by SleeplessInCairo:
It doesn't take more than 1 week being back in UK to see that we are actually happy in Egypt! [/QB]

Very true sleepless,
I always feel the same way when I go home-and I almost go for a weekend every six weeks or sth. But I know that Cairo is where I belong! Nevertheless, I can't deny that I have more fun here. I laugh more, relax more and have more time for myself to do things that IIIIIII want to do.
I totally understand what u say.
Cheers,
N

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
quote:
[Frown] [Frown] [Frown] I wanna cry now! ......

Assalamu alaykum Ngeg!

They say that reverse culture shock is more difficult to cope with that culture shock...you think you are going home and will fit in, but although home hasn't changed much, the "you" that is going back has, due to your different experiences. Give yourself time and seek out others who have lived away...it will make it easier for you.

Wa alaikum al salam newcomer;
Thanks for your advice. I'm doing my best to try and stick to ppl who understand that I'll definitely have a crash landing in Egypt soon. Ppl who understand that with this crashlanding, some damages have to take place and I don't intend to do it ontop of their lives. I'm trying hard to make ppl close to me understand, but I can't help being worried and stressed out abt it.

drew
Member # 11602

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for drew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello everyne, im a fish out of water too. i love egypt and egyptians, i fell in love with an egyptian girl, but i wasnt good enough for her family. i accept everything but i cat explain the attraction to not only her but her entire being, her lofestyle her country her family her everything
Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
7ayat,
I have been away for around 4 years. And yes I can always come back but I think that at my age I should be building up a proper career-in Egypt- and making lifetime friends and a family. I can't go running around and having fun keda for the rest of my life!

I do have ppl waiting for me back home kaman. They have frozen many plans for my sake and I can't leave again.

And...I don't me to annoy you bas begad I do feel like a tourist and I havent even been away for that long! Not only that but when i go back home i got used to being treated like a tourist. My visit is a special occasion. My mom cooks(she never does), my sisters spoil me, my pa buys tickets for theatre plays, my friends cancel everything and hire nannies for weekends...and soforth!!! It's not like i woke up one day and decided i want to be treated like the Empress of Japan! It just happened.

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by drew:
hello everyne, im a fish out of water too. i love egypt and egyptians, i fell in love with an egyptian girl, but i wasnt good enough for her family. i accept everything but i cat explain the attraction to not only her but her entire being, her lofestyle her country her family her everything

Drewwwwwwwwwwwwww...
u r killing me! Did u move to egypt for her???? and why arent u good enough for her! How come? Plz do tell!!

drew
Member # 11602

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for drew     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
helo ngeg, i thank tyou, i m not free ith internet it is new foir me. i am living with a family in england. i am learning english. i met an egyptian girl in nepal. she from a family that has money and ,my family has none. i love her not her mkony but she feel she can be beetter and i sure she can be better
Posts: 9 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by drew:
helo ngeg, i thank tyou, i m not free ith internet it is new foir me. i am living with a family in england. i am learning english. i met an egyptian girl in nepal. she from a family that has money and ,my family has none. i love her not her mkony but she feel she can be beetter and i sure she can be better

Hey drew,
welcome onboard. It's ok abt the internet, u will get used to it. No worries. Hmmm, I hope u get over her. If a woman thinks she deserves better than she's not good enough for you. You will definitely meet the right person soon. Take care.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Ya Ngeg ya setty tanneshy di wa7da sa7betna sharba acetone 3al-3asha!
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Hyenas are people too:
Ya Ngeg ya setty tanneshy di wa7da sa7betna sharba acetone 3al-3asha!

teftekri? ikhs! wana et2sart wekeda wekhadt el 7ekaya 3ala alby!!!
Guest Of Life
Member # 11462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guest Of Life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian here, do we get finger printed now? [Big Grin]
Posts: 201 | From: A To : Z | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

me [Big Grin] [Big Grin] 3eb 3leeky
Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

I was about to post the same thing.

yaslem 3leky ya MK [Cool] ALL your thoughts are right
of course they are the same PERSON!
do you know that I'm still Receiving JUNK e-mails from this Idiot!! and the name is SOMEONE LOST

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah River_of_Sperms. Can't forget that one. [Big Grin]
Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
7ayat,
I have been away for around 4 years. And yes I can always come back but I think that at my age I should be building up a proper career-in Egypt- and making lifetime friends and a family. I can't go running around and having fun keda for the rest of my life!

I do have ppl waiting for me back home kaman. They have frozen many plans for my sake and I can't leave again.

And...I don't me to annoy you bas begad I do feel like a tourist and I havent even been away for that long! Not only that but when i go back home i got used to being treated like a tourist. My visit is a special occasion. My mom cooks(she never does), my sisters spoil me, my pa buys tickets for theatre plays, my friends cancel everything and hire nannies for weekends...and soforth!!! It's not like i woke up one day and decided i want to be treated like the Empress of Japan! It just happened.

what do you mean at your age? you're 26 ya benti, enti hatkabarina leh [Big Grin] nah i know what you mean, you are right of course, you need to have more stability!

i really like the empress of japan thing. i have another friend who works in dubai and she says the same thing. every time she goes back to egypt, everyone treats her like a queen!

and believe it or not the distance from my family has helped me too. i haven't had one fight with my mom for over 7 months! deeh mo3geza ya benti! but anyway mom is coming inshallah this saturday and i'm really looking forward to having her, fights and all [Big Grin]

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Asooma:
quote:

me [Big Grin] [Big Grin] 3eb 3leeky
ekhs 3aleiya how could i miss asooma!
Automatic
Member # 7290

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Automatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
7ayat,

You haven't been away long enough and you may not be all that clear in your mind as to why your moving back. You may be moving back because you think you have to or it's time but not because you really want to.

I don't believe in that reverse culture shock stuff.

I spent almost 11 years before visiting Egypt for the first time. I scheduled a vacation for 4 weeks and stayed exactly 4 days and booked a flight out. My instruction to the travel agent was any flight out of Egypt to anywhere in Europe would be fine. I took a flight to London and no connecting flight to Canada but I was glad to leave. I said the exact things being said here, I changed too much and Egypt didn't didn't change and all that. The reality was that I did not change at all and that was the problem.

I went back to Canada with the realization that I will spend the rest of my life in Canada as a tourist; I never felt truly Canadian.
But as time passed I began to understand things about myself that were the reasons for leaving Egypt and to this day influence my life.

There are way too many things to mention here that I learned about myself and my view of the world and life in general that caused me to leave Egypt and those include family problems but the point here is :

- Don't go back unless you really want to be there.
- Don't go back and try to live like you did before you left. Eliminate the reasons that made you leave so that you don't feel like leaving again.
- Don't play anyone else's game, play yours.

Posts: 140 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by awrah:

I love your new name Mafia man! [Big Grin]

Where have you been lately?!!

(Edited: (the new name was Snow Albino) Oops, it was just Sono'sPussy cracking a joke!! Good one Sono'sPussy!)

ausar
Member # 1797

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ausar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am an Egyptian. A Sa3eedi one to be exact.
Posts: 8675 | From: Tukuler al~Takruri as Ardo since OCT2014 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

(Edited: (the new name was Snow Albino) Oops, it was just Sono'sPussy cracking a joke!! Good one Sono'sPussy!)

Ladies and Gentleman the world famous Egyptian Sexologist.

Ah the attitude explains so much with so little. [Wink]

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:

Sono'sPussy, at this very moment I am totally relaxed with a mud mask that smells like mint from heaven.

So can we please beat the crap out of each other another day?

Oh and I made a mistake, the name was Albino_Eskimo, sorry about calling you the wrong name, Sono'sPussy.

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Traumatic for the Hyenas:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sono'sPussy, at this very moment I am totally relaxed with a mud mask that smells like mint from heaven.

So can we please beat the crap out of each other another day?

Oh and I made a mistake, the name was Albino_Eskimo, sorry about calling you the wrong name, Sono'sPussy.

Always feeling inadequate aren't you? [Roll Eyes]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Always feeling inadequate aren't you? [Roll Eyes]

(Oh boy..)

(Ouch, don't try facial expressions with a mud mask on!)

Sono, I would LOVE to hear those MP3s of your domestic fights.

Why don't YouTube them?

' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am Human. Thanks God. [Big Grin]
Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Asooma:
quote:
quote:

yaslem 3leky ya MK [Cool] ALL your thoughts are right
of course they are the same PERSON!

I totally disagree guys. Someone lost is a very decent guy. Plus, this river thing never managed to put a whole senetence in English (Not one that made sense yaani!)
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
7ayat,
I have been away for around 4 years....and soforth!!! It's not like i woke up one day and decided i want to be treated like the Empress of Japan! It just happened.

and believe it or not the distance from my family has helped me too. i haven't had one fight with my mom for over 7 months! deeh mo3geza ya benti! but anyway mom is coming inshallah this saturday and i'm really looking forward to having her, fights and all [Big Grin]

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Tell me abt it!!! Me and my mom have become bestfriends! It's scary! I've always been daddy's girl!! This was not supposed to happen [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
I'm glad ur mom is coming to visit. It's sooooo cool. And i'm sure u'll have a blast enshaallah.

Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Automatic:
- Don't go back unless you really want to be there.
- Don't go back and try to live like you did before you left. Eliminate the reasons that made you leave so that you don't feel like leaving again.
- Don't play anyone else's game, play yours.

Thanks a million for yr advice. I'm really touched by yr words. I have to admit u drew my attn to a couple of things i always saw from a diff angle.
*tigerman*
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *tigerman*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Automatic:
quote:
7ayat,

I spent almost 11 years before visiting Egypt for the first time. I scheduled a vacation for 4 weeks and stayed exactly 4 days and booked a flight out. My instruction to the travel agent was any flight out of Egypt to anywhere in Europe would be fine. I took a flight to London and no connecting flight to Canada but I was glad to leave. I said the exact things being said here, I changed too much and Egypt didn't didn't change and all that. The reality was that I did not change at all and that was the problem.

I had the same experience .... went to visit planning to stay a month and came back after two weeks .... Just could not take it anymore ...I felt like I was displaced ..... which is sad ... after all it is our homeland and it runs in our blood .... we can resent the circumstances but we still love it even if it was a hole in a desert ground ....
Posts: 2691 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com