EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » CAFÉ DEL MAR-HURGHADA (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: CAFÉ DEL MAR-HURGHADA
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but Imagine, if your government, unlike the egyptian government, takes care of you and gives you all you need, why would you move to egypt. if egypt is a country where "life is hard, and the economy is bad" then why do you come to settle?. i mean life is hard as you say, why don't you leave the remaining jobs for the locals so that they can survive? at least you have a choice to go home if you want, they don't, their only option is egypt. they NEED those jobs.

you know the last time i was in sharm, the receptionist at the hotel i was staying in was polish. and i was thinking my god, what can this woman do that an egyptian wouldn't be able to? why should she take a job, and not an egyptian?

many egyptians think of tourist towns as a haven for jobs. but sadly, they are all gulped down by expats.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by imagine:

firstly they don't pick you because they are better qualified, they pick you because you are a foreigner. ever heard of "3od2et el khawaga"

secondly, egypt is not denmark. egypt is a third world country that has 9 million unemployed people who can really benefit from the jobs that are swallowed up by foreigner again because of "3od2et el khawaga" [/QB][/QUOTE]

No i have never heard of "3od2et el khawaga"
so please explaine yourself... The job i got in advertising i got because i had the education to do the job, furthermore i can talk to the clients of the company in swedish, danish, english and german... you sure they didnt hire me cause i was the most qualified for the job??? The job i got was applied by bough forrigners and egyptians.. hmmmmm [/QB][/QUOTE]

"3od2et el khawaga" means the "foreigners complex" it's the egyptian obsession with anything that is foregin. if you bring two red shirts, if the exact the same quality. one of them is egyptian and the other is western, and you ask any egyptian which is better, they will tell you the western. that's 3od2et el khawaga.

Imagine, every time i visit a tourist town in egypt, im amazed how multi lingual the people there are. most of them speak at least three languages. the last time i visited, out tour guide spoke five languages, english, arabic, russian, german and french. so yes i think many egyptians could do your job easily. i'm sorry i don't mean to offend you. but i'm really upset because my people are not getting the jobs they deserve in their OWN country

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
but Imagine, if your government, unlike the egyptian government, takes care of you and gives you all you need, why would you move to egypt. if egypt is a country where "life is hard, and the economy is bad" then why do you come to settle?. i mean life is hard as you say, why don't you leave the remaining jobs for the locals so that they can survive? at least you have a choice to go home if you want, they don't, their only option is egypt. they NEED those jobs.

you know the last time i was in sharm, the receptionist at the hotel i was staying in was polish. and i was thinking my god, what can this woman do that an egyptian wouldn't be able to? why should she take a job, and not an egyptian?

many egyptians think of tourist towns as a haven for jobs. but sadly, they are all gulped down by expats.

7ayat , I agree that that is wrong in a way, but whos fault is it, it is not the fault of the polish girl, it is the fault of your government and the company who employs them.
I would prefere to be served in Egypt by and Egyptian insread of a polish girl.
I went on holiday to Greece to a very small island and there at the hotels and restaurants many Russians were working and it really annoyed me,A small island with 6000 inhabitants in the capital only 1.500 inhabitants and russians working at restaurants and hotels(I don't know why)
Also there were living and working about 100 egyptians.
The world is changing a lot people move from a country to an other more and more and I don't think it can be stopped.
The world is getting smaller and smaller
You live in Australia youself.
As long as you can support yourself and not benefit from others I think that that is the most important.
But really egyptian government should make it more difficult for foriegners to be able to work in Egypt and also the companies should change their policy, don't you think.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mimmi:
But really egyptian government should make it more difficult for foriegners to be able to work in Egypt and also the companies should change their policy, don't you think.

I agree and so do most of the Egyptians, unless they are taking advantage of the lax labour laws for their own benefit. But just because the Egptian government doesn't care about their own people, does that make it right for you not to?
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I dont come to egypt to be rich... not at all.. i come to egypt because the culture is so different from western culture (and i do mean in a good way).. I feel like i am myself in egypt and everytime i go there i feel like i am home.. do u understand???

yes i do know that many egyptians in tourist places speak many languages.. and they are qualified to do the job such as mine.. the difference is (maybe because i have the education) i had the guts to apply for the job.. and i got it.. only 2 egyptian people applied for it.. lucky for me none of them were more qualified than me (and im not saying that no egyptian is.. im sure alot of egyptian people are qualified for jobs like mine, but if they dont apply for it ofcourse someone else will have it.. egyptian or european)

Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[/qb][/QUOTE]7ayat , I agree that that is wrong in a way, but whos fault is it, it is not the fault of the polish girl, it is the fault of your government and the company who employs them.
[/QB][/QUOTE]

Its deffinately not the polish girls fault... but trust me everyone.. i do understand why egyptians get frustrated when they see another european person working in a good job a egyptian unemployed could have had...

for me it seems like the gouverment in egypt dosent care about its people.. when i am in egypt, everyday i see how many of my friends (egyptians) are struggeling to make a better life for themselves and find a or better job.. its not easy....

but who will change the situation??

Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
look mimi and imagine, really i'm not trying to offend you. and it's obvious that both of you are aware that the egyptian government doesn't care about it's people.

but as newcomer said, does that mean that it's ok for you to not care either?

imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
quote:
look mimi and imagine, really i'm not trying to offend you. and it's obvious that both of you are aware that the egyptian government doesn't care about it's people.

You didnt offend me.. uptil now that is.. What makes you think that just because i take a job in egypt i dont care about the egyptian people?? I am moving because i love being in the country, the atmosphere and the people.. but i have to support myself aswell.. u make it sound like i am a bad person who dosent give a **** about anyone else just for taking a job.. excuse me.. if i didnt take the job and another european got it who is the fool then?? Alot of egyptians, and most people in general, think about themselves and the ones they love before they think about everyone else... i am no different!!!

Does this make me a bad person?? u might think so, but then i have to tell u that u are wrong.. i do care, but i cant fix the world.. can u??

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
i do care, but i cant fix the world.. can u??

No you can't fix the world, but you can look at the consequences of your own actions on other people. And you can try to make sure that when you go into a bad situation that you don't make it worse...and that instead you add something to it.
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mimmi
Member # 3606

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mimmi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

We care and we love Egypt. But we can not change the egyptian government
If I would move to Egypt because I happen to love my egyptian husband I would perhaps need a job(don't be afraid I will not move there)
My husband moved to Finland and I made sure before he came that he had a job so that he would not be one of those living on our benefits and not introgate to the society at all.
Now he is working going to language classes playing football in a local team, sending a small amount of money to his family éach month.
So we are improving egyptian economy.
And really if my husband would not have had the job when coming here I am sure we would not be together anymore it would not have worked for us.
Him not doing anything day in and day out we would have lost respect for eachother
But reallly the governmentin Egypt should change a lot and do somtehing for it's people.
And I love and respect the egyptian people and the culture and traditions,but there are things that could be improved even in Egypt.

Posts: 523 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
quote:

No you can't fix the world, but you can look at the consequences of your own actions on other people. And you can try to make sure that when you go into a bad situation that you don't make it worse...and that instead you add something to it.
And how would you like me to add something to it newcome?? answer me this??

Im sorry but we dont share the same opinion.. i think that diversity creates atmosphere. Should us forrigners just stay away from egypt?? before u answer yes to this, keep in mind that many forrigners (as these 2 swedish girls) actually creates jobs for egyptian people by opening new companies!!!!

newcomer
Member # 1056

I have never said that I don't think that diversity is a good thing, although now you bring it up, I think any added diversity should be to the benefit of a country, and not to its disadvantage or harm.

And what would I like you to do? I would like you to look at Egypt and what areas it needs to improve its situation economically, socially, politically, etc., and then for you to look at your skills/abilities/positive qualities, and if think that you can really do something to contribute to it, then by all means come.

If you are just coming for your own benefit, but it will cause problems/difficulties for other people then perhaps you should reconsider.

imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
lol.. hmmm ok...

may i ask what u have done recently?? Ofcourse i would like to improve conditions in egypt and for the people in egypt and for the ones i love, but 1 person can only do so much... sometimes things has to be changed from the inside.. If the gouverment dosent care, how can i change anything even though i would like to??

Ofcourse i am coming for my own benifit and for those i care about, who want me near them.. most people who move abroad do so for that reason.. and to live the life they want to.

newcomer
Member # 1056

Well, I would be pretty much of a hypocrite if I didn't practice what I preach, but let's leave it at this and say that I do live by my own principles.

And yes, one person can only do so much, but if every individual tries to do the little bit that they can, then that will mount up to being a whole lot of little bits!

And it's easy to sit back and say, well if the government doesn't why should I, but that is a cop out, and it means that the situation will be made even worse by your presence. You will just be contributing to the problems. What's the saying? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
one person can do alot ya imagine
DamselInDistress
Member # 7061

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DamselInDistress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I will get canned for this, but a lot of times the foreigners get the jobs because they can do the work.

I know a lot of Egyptian business people that have sold up and moved overseas because doing business here has driven them nuts and lost them a lot of money. They can't find professional, staff and can't find professional, honest companies and suppliers to deal with.

You place an order for something and need it within a certain time. Very rarely will you end up with what you ordered and it is always late. An online content editor I know had a 2 month deadline on a project and because of the staff working for her, it took 12 months. Important deadlines come and go and a smiling face tells you bukkarah insha'allah. That is no way to do business if you want to stay in business.

The Egyptian government has a lot to answer for when it comes to unemployment but it also has a huge problem with education.

Posts: 70 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fleur:
any wealthy country, most immigrants don’t take the job away they just do the job that national people do not want to do meanwhile they are blaming for stealing all those jobs

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mimmi:

I agree and so do most of the Egyptians, unless they are taking advantage of the lax labour laws for their own benefit. But just because the Egptian government doesn't care about their own people, does that make it right for you not to?
replace the word egyptian with the word british and you could be me.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:

Of course i am coming for my own benefit and for those i care about, who want me near them.. most people who move abroad do so for that reason.. and to live the life they want to.

exactly.

i would be coming to egypt for my own gains. financial. childrens safety. weather. etc.

but primarily because immigrants are raping the fuckin system here...

shitt... my bloke was battered half to death by black men... who are now claiming racial harassment.. AND GETTING A FREEEEEE COUNCIL HOUSE OUT OF IT!!!!!

yeah baby... move to britain... try to kill a white man... and you win £350,000!!!!!!

my house goes on the market next week... i WONT be re locating in london. chances are i'll be the next immigrant stealing some locals job...

WHAT ALTERNATIVE AM I BEING LEFT WITH???????

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by DamselInDistress:
I know I will get canned for this, but a lot of times the foreigners get the jobs because they can do the work.

I know a lot of Egyptian business people that have sold up and moved overseas because doing business here has driven them nuts and lost them a lot of money. They can't find professional, staff and can't find professional, honest companies and suppliers to deal with.

You place an order for something and need it within a certain time. Very rarely will you end up with what you ordered and it is always late. An online content editor I know had a 2 month deadline on a project and because of the staff working for her, it took 12 months. Important deadlines come and go and a smiling face tells you bukkarah insha'allah. That is no way to do business if you want to stay in business.

The Egyptian government has a lot to answer for when it comes to unemployment but it also has a huge problem with education.

maybe this is somewhat true with merchants, and tradesmen. but still why can't an egyptian receptionist do the same job as a polish one. why can't an egyptian restaraunt do as well as a swedish one?
plus where i worked we had both egyptians and foreigners and believe me both worked hard. so it's not ok to generalize like that. still, this is not a reason for people to come and take jobs away from the egyptians

bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
quote:
Originally posted by Queen of plans:
2 Smiley and very serviceminded swedish girls will be in charge of Café Del Mar- Hurghada-Sekalla from 1 of september. We will serve breakfasts, delicious salads, yammi sandwishes, pastas, BBQ, fish, pizzas and more....
Welcome!

This sounds like good news, girls.... does it mean the horrible big arrogant German guy with the attitude problem is no longer in charge.... or will you just be working for him???
If you're working for him.... good luck... you'll need it!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
horrible big arrogant German guy with the attitude problem

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ispy
Member # 5871

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ispy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

You work in egypt to [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all

I love Egypt and love to go live there, iam very qualified to get job there and not catering but jobs in my field but I will not do that because I don’t want to be responsible for taking jobs from an Egyptian who need it more than I do. Yes there is a lot of Egyptian in the west taking jobs but it is different storey, in the west you can work and if you can not find a job you can get benefit in Egypt you just starve. Comone people have you not seen those starving people. The poor kid’s do you just blind fold your eyes and give justification to yourself to feel good. Comparing Egypt to the west is like comparing apple to an orange, you know it is not fair to take jobs from this poor country and you know the government does not care. I saw so many Egyptian that touch my hearts and the only time I will go live there when I save good money to open a business and provide jobs for the locals. I saw a guy selling souvenir and he spoke 5 languages and he can not write or read he never went to school, now does his talents get appreciated ??of course not. I know we can not change the world but if everyone do their bit, the world might be a better place to live in, if we think of others first.

Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
sara-uk, you're an amazing woman [Smile] i really appreciate what you wrote above
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sara-uk you are sooooooooo right thanks for that comment about thinking of others we seem to forget how fortune we are just to be alive and well
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sara_uk
Member # 11454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sara_uk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7ayat and micky

you both welcome,i have seen so many talents in egypt shame it does not get appreicated. I am lucky to be British, i can go live anywhere in the world and change my sistution for the better if things not that good but not many egyptain can do that.

Posts: 816 | From: london | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AND I AM LUCKY TO BE AN AMERICAN BUT MY FIRST LOVE IS EGYPT WITH MY HUSBAND AND HELPING OUT HIS FAMILY
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Queen of plans
Member # 10629

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Queen of plans     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody,

We will have local stuff, and they will be payed and have more benefits than others who works in restaurant I heard of. I dont feel like I have to defense my self here, we have created work for at least 5 persons + a lawyer and an account.
I know we are lucky people who always have a choice, to change our situations compared to many other people- like some of the egyptians.

Posts: 42 | From: Scandinavia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
i think u girls are doing a great thing... u do your thing and trust your instincts
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
i will come see you when i get to hurghada i am flying into egypt sept3 and will probably visit the restuant sept5. cant wait to meet you 2
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com