EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin killed

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin killed
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 9 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CAIRNS, Australia - Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and environmentalist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was killed Monday by a stingray while filming an underwater documentary on the Great Barrier Reef. He was 44.

Irwin was killed by a stingray barb to the heart on Batt Reef, off the remote resort town of Port Douglas in northeastern Queensland state, his wildlife park Australia Zoo said in a statement.

Crew members aboard Irwin's boat, Croc One, called emergency services in the nearest city, Cairns, and administered CPR as they rushed the boat to nearby Low Isle to meet a rescue helicopter. Medical staff pronounced Irwin dead a short time later, the statement said.

Irwin was famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchword "Crikey!" in his television program "Crocodile Hunter," which was first broadcast in Australia in 1992 and has aired around the world on the Discovery channel.

He rode his image into a feature film, and developed the Australia Zoo as a tourist attraction.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I've just seen it in the news too. What a shame, I always enjoyed his documentaries on TV. He touched and held sometimes animals I wouldn't even dare to see. But as someone from his crew said he died while doing what he loved. I feel very sad for his wife and his two little children..... [Frown]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
your joking my daughter loved him ,she was facinated by him ,ohhhhhhhhhh she will dwell on it now if me say something i let her find out naturally ,oh that s sad....
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I liked to watch him too, thought he was crazy in a fun kind of way, I think he had a daughter, sad.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh that is so sad. I loved watching him on discovery when he was with the snakes. He would pounce on a great big one and grab it by the tail . I loved when he and his wife and their little dog went on the canoes and he and his wife would leap out and wrestle the crocs...........
Oh that is so very sad. He was so funny........ [Frown] and crazy

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
By a bizarre coincidence, we were only talking about Steve Irwin at the weekend. Our Australian friends had just returned from a trip to Oz and had visited his zoo. It was the first time my husband had heard of him, so we were telling him all about his crocodile wrestling and how he'd pick up all sorts of huge, scary snakes and lizards without even flinching.

What a shock, and so sad.

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 4 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To help make this a thread about Egypt I will put in my two cents.

I was lucky enough to have some private moments away from the family flat at the beach, but half the time it was after dark and so had to be extremely careful how I tread in the water and where I put my foot down.

Why? because jelly fish still hang out at night and you cannot see them. Secondly because I nearly stepped on a sting ray a few times. The sting ray were all quite small, but didn't want my first experience of stepping on one to be without anyone around to help.

The waves were awesome and body surfing is much better at the public beaches, but treading through the water at night can be dangerous in Alex.

Be careful.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my ex rang me this morning to tell me hed just heard it on the news.. he was actually upset by it. i feel so sorry for his wife and kids and his dog. [Frown]
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
germanjulia
Member # 8781

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for germanjulia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am very very sad too. he was so crazy and funny; i cannot believe that he's dead.

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
I think he had a daughter, sad.

he also had a son of 2 years [Frown]
Posts: 457 | From: Any Questions? | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe he wasn't dead years ago!
That stuff was really dangerous. Bet he didn't have life insurance.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
uklady
Member # 11161

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for uklady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt very sad hearing that news today to!
Posts: 142 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThePinkCamel
Member # 11718

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ThePinkCamel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shocking indeed. He would make me laugh in his shows.
Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana uhibbuk
Member # 11817

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana uhibbuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I just heard on the news! I still can't believe it's true. It is soooooooo sad. As I always watched him with the crocodiles, and see how brave he was, I never in my life would imagine he would be killed by a stingray....... I really loved watching him, even when many others stopped watching him when he was accused of putting his child in danger with a crocodile. His show was cancelled because of this.

My prayers go out to his family.....

Posts: 50 | From: New York City, USA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ya Ragal
Member # 11695

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ya Ragal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was shocked to hear this, and feel for his family. I suppose on the plus side, he died doing something he enjoyed, and as he always said " Crocs rule"
Posts: 377 | From: أنا نسيت | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ngeg
Member # 1271

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ngeg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is he the blond guy who comes on the DECLARE OR BEWARE ad that hits u when u r landing into australia?

Poor thing, whether it's the same annoying guy or not im really saddened by the news.

--------------------
Same crap...Different toilet

Posts: 1813 | From: Cairo | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad. He was a funny weird entertaining guy. I was a bit shocked (in the negative way) when he held his babyboy (very very little) close to a big crocodile. That was not a funny stunt and it nearly went wrong. From that time on I didn't like him much. Seing that little boys head flying around on the ONE! arm of his dad with a gig crocodile jaws just few feet away was too much. Then he crossed the line and had become to media attention horny........
Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was so angry last night when watching Sky News. The stupid commentator was talking to an 'expert' and asked: Do Stingrays often attack people?

Stingrays do not 'attack' people. If they are on the bottom and someone stands on it, the barb will be raised as a defense mechanism. The same if they feel threatened whilst swimming. Steve Irwin was only the third person to be killed by a Stingray in Australia.

According to his mate who was with him whilst filming, he was not in anyway threatening the Stingray when he was hit by the barb. Just an unlucky incident.

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This tragic event reminded me again on our birth, life purpose, God, and death, and that - Nobody knows how they'll die. I mean, who would ever tell that Steve will lose his life by a Stingray. [Frown] He accomplished his Mission and it was time for him to go.

I liked this guy very much, he was so passionate kind person and full of energy. I guess his children and wife will probably continue the work he did in the past.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"But I put my life on the line to save animals." (Steve Irwin...February 22, 1962--September 4, 2006)
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You see. He gave up his Life for love for Animals.
He probably was born to do that, then his tragic death now associates people with what he did, thus he accomplished his Mission.

One person can make a history. In fact I have read somewhere something along the lines, 'while you are here try to make a history'. If you can. The life is not only about basic living and paying bills.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

yes that reminds of me 'leave the world better than when you came into it'. I like that thought [Smile]
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the entire future history of all of humanity can depend on the change of heart of one simple man..

or something like that!

i read it tattooed on a man once!!!

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Farewell for Steve Irwin in Australia

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060920/ap_en_ce/crocodile_hunter_8

Pictures:

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/lf/090406steveirwin

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the pics Tiger.
Farewell Croc Hunter.............

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garfield
Member # 10258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for garfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thankyou for the pictures as I was not able to see it on TV. Let us always remember the work and goal of Steve and continue this in his name.
Posts: 91 | From: Egypt/Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
So sad. He was a funny weird entertaining guy. I was a bit shocked (in the negative way) when he held his babyboy (very very little) close to a big crocodile. That was not a funny stunt and it nearly went wrong. From that time on I didn't like him much. Seing that little boys head flying around on the ONE! arm of his dad with a gig crocodile jaws just few feet away was too much. Then he crossed the line and had become to media attention horny........

And of course that in noway can help Animals!

What if that little baby was killed? will people still call him a hero or nuts?

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LaZeeZ
Member # 10655

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LaZeeZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In Egypt we have a family called El 7elw family and they are known for their circus shows where they play with animals. They have lions at home and they keep the baby lions free there.

The big father of this family was killed by a lion he raised. the same lion stopped eating any food after that and died a week later.

Posts: 1539 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Placebo Flamingo
Member # 11857

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Placebo Flamingo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight Thurs 21st Sept @ 00.00 KSA time on MBC 4

Bindi Irwin talks of her wonderful daddy.
Moments from the memorial service tonight. [Frown]

--------------------
MK for head of cyber stalking.

Posts: 122 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com