EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Too all Foreign Women LIVING in Egypt (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Too all Foreign Women LIVING in Egypt
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 5 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mean this as an Egypt bashing thread, but a serious thread with concerns about living here. If you are a foreigner in Egypt, how do you handle it? I've already gone past the culture shock, now I'm in the zone of 'do I really think I can live here in 5 years'? I just don't see it happening.

Too many things (we don't have to list them, everyone knows what the annoyances are), and even for someone like myself who just wanted to live in an Islamic country and practice my Islam openly and freely, I feel the sacrifiace wasn't worth it at all. I gained a terrific husband throughout the experience, very very kind (to those who have met him you know what I mean), and patient, but still I just can't help but feel like I HATE IT HERE ! [Mad] It's so difficult to see things and know they could be BETTER or to see things there is no logic for, etc. And it isn't just the small city where I live, I have been to other cities, larger ones, Alexandria and Cairo and it's still the same....I just .......... don't GET IT [Confused]

If you are foreign and living in Egypt, how do you handle it??? I just don't know if I can stomach it much longer.... [Frown]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Smuck, your feelings are totally normal. Even after surviving the initial culture shock you still will find yourself later on in good and bad times. Why don't you mark your one year anniversary in Egypt by going on a vacation back to the US and enjoy what you are used to? Also the area where you live doesn't have many foreigners and some Western lifestyle to offer, it would be much different if you live in Cairo, Alex or in one of the vacation resort towns.

Seriously, did you talk with your husband maybe to leave back to the US together? Or at least move to another area inside Egypt, is it possible to accomplish to change the location?

Well hang in there and see how everything goes. I feel for you and totally understand your frustrations.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly Cairo or Alex just don't impress me much and even Alexandria is nice, but it reminds me of an ugly girl wearing LOTS of makeup (covering up what is everywhere).
I've talked to the hubby about going home but he isn't jazzed on the idea, at least he doesn't seem to be. I'm afraid if I go home for a visit I'll never want to come back! [Frown]

I just want to live a better life, better than what's here, even in the most allfluent of places in Egypt, it's not the same....
but thanks for your words Tiger, as always you're a doll.

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What do you find the most difficult to deal with? language ? the familly?
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To be honest, it's all so difficult it feels like a collage (sp?) (myriad) of problems. The language is not a big deal, but while I do love the in laws I hate the idea of always having to be with them. And my husband is quite progressive and pushes away a little for my sake. But like clockwork once a week we have to go there, they always come by (unannounced, I know it's the culture blah blah blah), it's the trash, it's the horrible smells, it's the noise omg the CONSTANT noise, it's loud children at 1:00 a.m., it's disorganization of everything from driving to paying bills (coming to the front door), people staring at me everywhere I go because I look different, everyone wanting to give me unwelcomed advice, the lack of a/c everywhere we go, lack of heat, water goes off sometimes, lights go off, and Not even in a storm !! ??? [Confused] No offense to anyone here, but I hate the rudeness of the people, the overt staring, the overt pushing me with shoulders to get by, I was walking down the street in Alexandria and someone threw a dirty diaper out of the window onto the streets and when it landed POOF baby crap everywhere. I just stood there staring at it and staring in disgust. I feel like SNAPDRAGON, I just want to get back to civilization again [Frown]
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hehehehe. A little piece of you has to die. That little piece that tells you that you CAN make a difference. It usually goea at about 10 to 14 months. The frustration never goes though, and that's the killer for me.

--------------------
Happiness is a choice!

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Assalamu alaykum Smuckers,

It sounds like you are moving into stage II of the enculturation process (I suggest that you have a look at some of that material, it might help), the initial novelty has worn off, the excitement of the new marriage is settling down and now you are being faced with the reality of the fact that you have chosen to live in a third world police state that has been under emergency law for as long as anyone can remember.

Sadly many people seem to overlook these points when they choose to come and live in countries like this; they come with a romantic image of...whatever, and ignore all that they have learned about the political and social situations in countries like this. Life can be easy if you have the financial means or the status to be able to rise above many of the difficult to cope with aspects, but most of us cannot escape them altogether.

When I was going through those stages I knew whether it was a good day or a bad, by whether I looked out of my window and saw the trees or the trash. I decided to look at things logically and work out what I could deal with and get on with it and make the most of it. Then I had to look at the things I couldn't deal with and see if there were alternatives to make it easier, or whether I had to work out how to avoid them or learn to live with them. I knew I couldn't change the world outside my door, so I had to learn how to cope with it if I was going to stay.

I treated myself as gently as I could, but tried to ease myself into life more. One of the biggest helps living in a new country is to have activities or work that you are involved in, and supportive friends who don't spend all their time complaining about how its not like home! You need to build your own life and have something to occupy yourself with. Sitting at home, playing the housewife role isn't the best situation to be in for someone who was active and working before, you have too much time to navel gaze and get depressed, and a husband can't fill all the roles of all the friends and family you left behind.

It might also help if you joined some of those groups that I recommended to you before you came here, there are many women in a similar situation to you, and some of them can be quite supportive.

I don't know if that helps, but basically, it gets easier if you try to focus on the good bits and minimize your focus on the difficult things.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they say you have to spend 2 winters, 2 summers etc before you cna judge a country. To get past that initial cultural differences. I know some I told this to and she said it took her 5 years.

How do I cope? Well I am busy, that is a big help, I am doing what I enjoy. my hubby was the catalyst for me to move here not the reason. If he had been Iraqi I wouldn't have moved there. I loved Egypt before I loved him.

in Luxor where I am I don't have any of those problems, it is clean, private and quiet

when things go wrong I just think of commuting to work in the rain on an overcrowded tube train. or look out of my window at the beuaty all around.

Sometimes the family annoy me, well some of them do. When we came back from the Uk everyone wanted their presents. one member couldn't even be bothered to say helio but just walked in demanding. But I told my hubby about it and he sorted it.

perhaps you ought to sit down write down the pros and cons and get it into perspective. I have a friend that wears hijab abd she feels very vunerable in the UK and will only go in the car places.

It is hard though

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Thank you to all for your kind words and advice, I WILL definitely take it into consideration.

I guess now after being in EGypt for sometime, I just appreciate my own country MORE...I mean sure it has its problems but I never realized how much GOOD it has until I was without it. I would give ANYTHING to be back in sanity again.

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
they say you have to spend 2 winters, 2 summers etc before you cna judge a country. To get past that initial cultural differences. I know some I told this to and she said it took her 5 years.

How do I cope? Well I am busy, that is a big help, I am doing what I enjoy. my hubby was the catalyst for me to move here not the reason. If he had been Iraqi I wouldn't have moved there. I loved Egypt before I loved him.

in Luxor where I am I don't have any of those problems, it is clean, private and quiet

when things go wrong I just think of commuting to work in the rain on an overcrowded tube train. or look out of my window at the beuaty all around.

Sometimes the family annoy me, well some of them do. When we came back from the Uk everyone wanted their presents. one member couldn't even be bothered to say helio but just walked in demanding. But I told my hubby about it and he sorted it.

perhaps you ought to sit down write down the pros and cons and get it into perspective. I have a friend that wears hijab abd she feels very vunerable in the UK and will only go in the car places.

It is hard though

Akshar:

Tourism town vs. Town were Egyptians don't live to cater to foreigners.

HUGE DIFFERENCE!

In addition to being treated like an actual wife, not a business wife.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The trick is definitely to keep busy, but finding the activities to keep you busy and satisfied is difficult. Maybe you could start a garden and get a cat?

--------------------
Happiness is a choice!

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuck, strangely enough, I do not at all get upset when you complain about living in Egypt. Why? Because you still keep a non-bitchy non-nasty tone. You're a very nice and well-raised person and that's why I would like to share some of my thoughts with you.. If you won't mind.

You had another user-name before, when you were still in the US. WE told you for months that it was a very very bad idea to move to "where there are no lanes" [Wink] You said but love and marriage will get us through life like horse and carriage [Big Grin] (oops sorry).. You heard a lot of warnings and chose not to take them.

I'm not saying you deserve what you got, but I'm saying that if you wanted to take the challenge you should stand strong for your choices. Know what you want and stand up for yourself.

Now if you can't live there anymore, you need to get away. The noise, the trash, the pollution and the rudeness CANNOT go away, but you can.

Tell your husband you need to go home, and if he loves you enough he will come with you.

And I'm almost sure that this was his Plan A!!

You can be Muslim anywhere. I actually believe practicing Islam is way better in Europe and the US. There's no cultural pressure or group hysteria like there is in Egypt. In Egypt, many people pray and fast so that others would respect them, while they are bad and evil from inside.

Good luck.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:

A beautiful post as usual NC, but please everyone, she lives in a hellhole for God's sake!!!

I wouldn't wish this situation for my worst enemy (I guess because my worst enemy IS in this situation already [Big Grin] )

Smuck, run baby run, before you get in double trouble.

What if you get kids? They won't let them go and you will become another Sonomod.

Wanna become another Sonomod, Smuck?

Not that there's anything wrong with Sono!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuckers, in which city are you living now, if u don't mind? Are you currenly working? Are you looking for a job or do you want to do something private? Because if you keep yourself busy you will distract yourself a "little" bit from all this. I am not saying that it is the ultimate solution for you, I am saying that it will help you a little bit. Still reality is the reality & it won't change but hopefully we can think of ways to change how we see it.
I am Egyptian but how do you think I cope? I have been like everyone here abroad & to the States & I have seen what it's like over there. Do you think I don't compare, I don't get frustrated or feel like changing everything here.... I do... I wish our country is as clean, organized & developed as USA or Europe. But at some point i decided to see it differently.... Remember the movie Shallow Hall? I loved the idea behind that movie. I try to do that....I don't mean that we are shallow... I mean that it'd be wonderful if we could see it differently... better
I know it is easier said than done

--------------------
cinematic

Posts: 484 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by cinematic:
Remember the movie Shallow Hall?

We once had such a great chat about Shallow Hal, wish you were there back then Cine!

Oops wrong thread.

(Sorry Smuck) [Embarrassed]

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cinematic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Smuckers, take MyKingdom's advice.... she's the one that alwyas just gets straight to the point (no bullshit, cut the crap) just brilliant....... [Big Grin]
Posts: 484 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Connie Anderson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:
quote:

It sounds like you are moving into stage II of the enculturation process (I suggest that you have a look at some of that material, it might help), the initial novelty has worn off, the excitement of the new marriage is settling down and now you are being faced with the reality of the fact that you have chosen to live in a third world police state that has been under emergency law for as long as anyone can remember.

Sadly many people seem to overlook these points when they choose to come and live in countries like this; they come with a romantic image of...whatever, and ignore all that they have learned about the political and social situations in countries like this. Life can be easy if you have the financial means or the status to be able to rise above many of the difficult to cope with aspects, but most of us cannot escape them altogether.

When I was going through those stages I knew whether it was a good day or a bad, by whether I looked out of my window and saw the trees or the trash. I decided to look at things logically and work out what I could deal with and get on with it and make the most of it. Then I had to look at the things I couldn't deal with and see if there were alternatives to make it easier, or whether I had to work out how to avoid them or learn to live with them. I knew I couldn't change the world outside my door, so I had to learn how to cope with it if I was going to stay.

I treated myself as gently as I could, but tried to ease myself into life more. One of the biggest helps living in a new country is to have activities or work that you are involved in, and supportive friends who don't spend all their time complaining about how its not like home! You need to build your own life and have something to occupy yourself with. Sitting at home, playing the housewife role isn't the best situation to be in for someone who was active and working before, you have too much time to navel gaze and get depressed, and a husband can't fill all the roles of all the friends and family you left behind.

It might also help if you joined some of those groups that I recommended to you before you came here, there are many women in a similar situation to you, and some of them can be quite supportive.

I don't know if that helps, but basically, it gets easier if you try to focus on the good bits and minimize your focus on the difficult things.

A beautiful post as usual NC, but please everyone, she lives in a hellhole for God's sake!!!

I wouldn't wish this situation for my worst enemy (I guess becasue my worst enemy IS in this situation already [Big Grin] )

Smuck, run baby run, before you get in double trouble.

What if you get kids? They won't let them go and you will become another Sonomod.

Wanna become another Sonomod, Smuck?

Not that there's anything wrong with Sono!

[Big Grin]

I didn't even read Newcomers post and I try not to read Newcomers posts because I find that often they are a dig at others who have more to look forward to in life. Like many British she finds a tongue in cheek, holier than thou and very derogatory insults smoothered in layers of what she considers "wisdom of a revert".

Remember MK your father made many of the same decisions for you that my ex has made for our daughter.

The difference is I have the courage to stand up and put limits on his authority and dumped him in order to put an end to him ruling every single matter in our lives.

I put my child interests before my ex's, while your mother cared more about staying married than she cared about you.

Posts: 991 | From: My daughter is a stalker | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Albino_Eskimo:

Sono, I beg you, I kiss your lovelies to phuck off this thread.

PUHLEEEEEZ!

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Remember the movie Shallow Hall?

We once had such a great chat about Shallow Hal, wish you were there back then Cine!

Oops wrong thread.

(Sorry Smuck) [Embarrassed]

Wow tell me about that discussion i missed about Shallo hal.

ooops, by the way... there is going to be a fight between u & Albino

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:

Sono, I beg you, I kiss your lovelies to phuck off this thread.

PUHLEEEEEZ!

And who are you to blast insults at people and expect ES to just bow down to your authority?

You are becoming more and more like the alpha female of egy-boards day by day.

Watch out, in a year or two you won't like yourself. And stay away from the booze.

newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I realize that Smuckers lives in a small town, and I know that I certainly couldn't do that...it's just not me, especially in a new country and culture. I just hoped that some of the ideas might help.

There are quite a few American wives in similar situations on some of the e-groups, they might be able to give more relevant advice surviving life in the styx.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Yeah, that was a little too cutting.

You guys are quick, that was in reply to AE's comment "I put my child interests before my ex's, while your mother cared more about staying married than she cared about you."

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:

ooops, by the way... there is going to be a fight between u & Albino

Yeah we have a regularly scheduled cat fight every week. She needs to do the online version of a female mud wrestling fight in order to feel sexy in front of a bunch of egy-males half her age.

Choose sides now, staying neutral is something that most Egy-board usernames promote but actively fail in, so its much more honest to choose sides now and come back with a fresh username in a few weeks.

cinematic
Member # 11514

Rate Member
OK NOW PLEASE DON'T FIGHT ANYMORE.... CALM DOWN, KISS & MAKE UP.... WE ARE IN THIS THREAD FOR SMUCKERS

--------------------
cinematic

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
Originally posted by gentle_giant:
Yeah, that was a little too cutting.

You guys are quick, that was in reply to AE's comment "I put my child interests before my ex's, while your mother cared more about staying married than she cared about you."

No thats NC normal style for women who have better prospects than hers.

Its the beauty of menopause, you are always right and never have to be nice.

Edit:

Oh that was a reference to me!

Okay so you are in the camp that MK is allowed to make a number of direct assualts on all egy-board usernames untill she actually attacks you?

I posted actual fact from her own posts, not a cliquey directive like I am some sort of royal authority.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
I didn't even read Newcomers post and I try not to read Newcomers posts because I find that often they are a dig at others who have more to look forward to in life. Like many British she finds a tongue in cheek, holier than thou and very derogatory insults smoothered in layers of what she considers "wisdom of a revert".

Remember MK your father made many of the same decisions for you that my ex has made for our daughter.

The difference is I have the courage to stand up and put limits on his authority and dumped him in order to put an end to him ruling every single matter in our lives.

I put my child interests before my ex's, while your mother cared more about staying married than she cared about you.

[Big Grin]

I guess you were part of my anal formation ever since I was created Sono, because obviously you know stuff about my parents that I myself don't know of!

Divorced parents is THE biggest life trauma for a child.

Therefore I'm not sure if your daughter's situation has any resemblance with mine in any way whatsoever.

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:

I realize that Smuckers lives in a small town, and I know that I certainly couldn't do that...it's just not me, especially in a new country and culture. I just hoped that some of the ideas might help.

There are quite a few American wives in similar situations on some of the e-groups, they might be able to give more relevant advice surviving life in the styx.

save
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
And who are you to blast insults at people and expect ES to just bow down to your authority?

Watch out, in a year or two you won't like yourself. And stay away from the booze.

Okay sorry I was rude. [Smile]

Now would you please be constructive for once?

Leave the past behind and let's give some advice to Smuck. I promise we'll fight again soon. [Smile]

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:

[Big Grin]

I guess you were part of my anal formation ever since I was created Sono, because obviously you know stuff about my parents that I myself don't know of!

Divorced parents is THE biggest life trauma for a child.

Therefore I'm not sure if your daughter's situation has any resemblance with mine in any way whatsoever.

If your husband is 35 and your eldest child is 11, is your current husband the father of all your children?

I managed to save the thread in which Charm ripped you a new one, I am not going to go look for it, but you do remember even through the pharmacutical haze you've been in.

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:

Okay sorry I was rude. [Smile]

Now would you please be constructive for once?

Leave the past behind and let's give some advice to Smuck. I promise we'll fight again soon. [Smile]

First off it depends on which small town she is in, ES usernames have pointed to what small town they think she is from, but I am not believing it.

I have a quiz for her if she really lives in this town or not. The last fake poster couldn't pass the quiz so she was exposed as a fraud.

But if she could pass the quiz then I could give her some pointers. I hear of all the "niqubi" did this and the ninjas do that jokes all the time from my in-laws. The niquibis or ninjas do have a life in this small town, but they are kept track of constantly by the authorities.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
She needs to do the online version of a female mud wrestling fight in order to feel sexy in front of a bunch of egy-males half her age.

Edit:

Okay so you are in the camp that MK is allowed to make a number of direct assualts on all egy-board usernames untill she actually attacks you?

I posted actual fact from her own posts, not a cliquey directive like I am some sort of royal authority.

Okay apology withdrawn.

You don't even know how old I am!

I am planning to have at least two more kids within the next ten years.

Would that make me a woman in her menopause?

And I have nothing to be ashamed of about the way I grew up. Now go dig out that thread you're hinting at because I don't feel like wasting my energy on this.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
If your husband is 35 and your eldest child is 11, is your current husband the father of all your children?

I managed to save the thread in which Charm ripped you a new one, I am not going to go look for it, but you do remember even through the pharmacutical haze you've been in.

Sober up Sono. Where the hell did you read that my child was 11?

My child was 11 months old 6 months ago!

And you're not getting any info about my other kids. I was married once and still am married and he's the daddy of my children and he's older than me.

So go figure!

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
First off it depends on which small town she is in, ES usernames have pointed to what small town they think she is from, but I am not believing it.

quote:
Originally posted by Fart of Vicar:
Smuckers is not only a doll in looks but in real life. I spent the day at her home in shebin with her and her husband and they are the most friendly, welcoming, and devoted couple. Your darling habibi rocks!!!...thanks again for that day.......we had a lovely time.xx

gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
quote:

No, I'm not saying that. There are always going to be attacks around here, but it's rare to see such want to hurt. Attacks to promote alternate thinking are very different to attacks to demoralise or hurt.
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Fart of Vicar:
Smuckers is not only a doll in looks but in real life. I spent the day at her home in shebin with her and her husband and they are the most friendly, welcoming, and devoted couple. Your darling habibi rocks!!!...thanks again for that day.......we had a lovely time.xx

She needs to pass the quiz to verify if she has actually set foot in Shebin el-Kaum.

I am paraded around constantly in Shebin. I was only supposed to spend 1 day there this time, but my in-laws kept me there for 5 days. I know the town rather well for an outsider, I have seen more of Shebin than may consultants with actual government contracts.

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

God, I first read that to say you were planning to have 10 kids in the next 2 years! [Eek!]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
Originally posted by gentle_giant:
quote:

No, I'm not saying that. There are always going to be attacks around here, but it's rare to see such want to hurt. Attacks to promote alternate thinking are very different to attacks to demoralise or hurt.
Dude you chose to ignore many attacks, based on who they were directed too, according to your personal aliances/biases.

I get more demoralizing abuse than anyone, but of course I get patted on the back consistantly for being brutally honest.

Its the lurkers that prop me up, not us consistant posters who have some massive emotional issues and are not competent in the least.

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:
She needs to do the online version of a female mud wrestling fight in order to feel sexy in front of a bunch of egy-males half her age.

Edit:

Okay apology withdrawn.

You don't even know how old I am!

And I have nothing to be ashamed of about the way I grew up. Now go dig out that thread you're hinting at because I don't feel like wasting my energy on this.

I didn't say you were in Menopause, that was meant for NC and I am sure you understood it that way but wanted to convolute another post just for argument sake.

Snoozin remember that arguement we had almost 18 months back about needing a co-signer under the age of 25 in the USA for student loans? You and ExpatinCAI dug at me in every fashion and I cornered each and every week arguement that was an attack just for the sake of attack?

It reminded me of some pretty nasty cat fights I had seen outside of the nightclubs in Detriot.

I could go through this with MK but its not about me its about her.

1) Auto is considered a "younger brother" to her.

2) she has dated herself over and over again. but now wants to disregard it.

3) MK has taken a daughter out for a bike ride in her suburban NL neighborhood.

4) she has a now has a Phd despite early reports of just having a medical degree.

There are loads of misinformations and then she delightfully denies theses reports from herself knowing full well that alot of this data is in deleted threads, which is why she is so open about herself in cat-fights.

Then she doesn't really care whether other egy-board usernames are factual or frauds, while it irrates the hell out of me.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Wow tell me about that discussion i missed about Shallo hal.

I will have to dig out that thread. If I find it I will PM it to you Cine.
newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:

You'd better hurry MK if you want those other kids...according to sonomod, everyone (other than her of course) hits menopause at a very early age nowadays [Big Grin]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Snoozin remember that arguement we had almost 18 months back about needing a co-signer under the age of 25 in the USA for student loans? You and ExpatinCAI dug at me in every fashion and I cornered each and every week arguement that was an attack just for the sake of attack?

It reminded me of some pretty nasty cat fights I had seen outside of the nightclubs in Detriot.

4) she has a now has a Phd despite early reports of just having a medical degree.

There are loads of misinformations and then she delightfully denies theses reports from herself knowing full well that alot of this data is in deleted threads, which is why she is so open about herself in cat-fights.

Then she doesn't really care whether other egy-board usernames are factual or frauds, while it irrates the hell out of me.

Kazzaba ya Sono!

You are so full of crap! I wasn't even here 18 months ago! Check under my post for when I first joined!

Yes I would consider Auto a younger brother! He seems to be in his late 20s. What could be wrong with that?

I never dated myself. Only one user on ES knows about how I date myself, and for sure it isn't you who knows.

I never said I took my daughter for a bike ride. I never said anything about "my daughter" except for once when I said to Auto, literally: "Wanna marry my daughter?".

And what's wrong with me having a PhD or a medical degree? If it makes you feel better, I don't have any degree. I am even illiterate!

You're going nuts because you cannot know anything about me for a fact..

And I'm loving what I'm doing to you!!

Speaking of misinformations.. How come you're married/divorced/will remarry your current and ex husband in the same time within the next seven years/ vow never to marry and Arab again/ have a crush on the hulk living next doors/ still stand in your full glory to tease your current King Kong?

Did I ever complain about all this crap?

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Smuck, you are probably already sleeping but you will read it in the morning hopefully. I still believe that you would be much better off in a town like Cairo. There are so many expats, a big American community, there is always something to do and to chat about. I believe social interaction is the key to happiness. Good friends play in important role in adjusting to a new place and stay comfortable. They are also there when you are having a bad day and you need someone to listen to. Cairo also has so much to offer cultural and entertainment wise, language institutes etc. It's definitely not a boring place in the least.

When I lived in Cairo I also went through bad times and who doesn't. I had days where I was like 'what the hell I am still doing here?' but they faded because brighter times appeared again. I went through a breakup and for a good year I was in depressing state of mind, just because of my job I stayed in Cairo. It was not easy walking the streets of Zamalek, on every corner memories haunted me about my ex. After all it was a very interesting time to live in a total different culture and to meet so many different foreigners from all around the world.

Smuck, if I move back I promise you I'll try to stock you up with some American grape yelly and some other items I am able to purchase. Believe me I know what you are going through my friend.

I hope tomorrow you will feel a little better; we are here for you to talk and understand. Take care. [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:

You'd better hurry MK if you want those other kids...according to sonomod, everyone (other than her of course) hits menopause at a very early age nowadays [Big Grin]
No there is a clear divide on this board.

Menoupausal freaks side with menopausal freaks against younger women.

You really think that young women are so daft that we can't see age-biased jealousy when we see it?

Even my grandmother who is 76 will call women on it. [Big Grin]

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:

Kazzaba ya Sono!

You are so full of crap! I wasn't even here 18 months ago! Check under my post for when I first joined!

Yes I would consider Auto a younger brother! He seems to be in his late 20s. What could be wrong with that?

I never dated myself. Only one user on ES knows about how I date myself, and for sure it isn't you who knows.

I never said I took my daughter for a bike ride. I never said anything about "my daughter" except for once when I said to Auto, literally: "Wanna marry my daughter?".

And whats with me having a PhD or a medical degree? If it makes you feel better, I don't have any degree. I am even illiterate!

You're going nuts because you cannot know anything about me for a fact..

And I'm loving what I'm doing to you!!

Speaking of misinformations.. How come you're married/divorced/will remarry your current and ex husband in the same time within the next seven years/ vow never to marry and Arab again/ have a crush on the hulk living next doors/ still stand in your full glory to tease your current King Kong?

Did I ever complain about all this crap?

Well then you don't know Auto as well as I thought you did, what a relief.

Again you are attributing points I make all to you, know what narcissm is?

I noted that Snoozin, ExpatinCAI and I had a flame war 18 months ago, I didn't mention you in that point in any shape or form. You just imagined that, like the world revolves around you. Or you need to keep this cat fight going. [Roll Eyes]

I hope I have copies of all those threads, but you let loose with the personal reflections only in cat fights because you know they will deleted.

The board a few minutes ago was unavailable so I'll make a copy of this for later.

Keep it going girl, the more time you spend on ES, the more you'll need the pill stash, the harder your nanny will work.

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
You really think that young women are so daft that we can't see age-biased jealousy when we see it?

Jealous of you sonomod...in your dreams girl! [Roll Eyes]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
No there is a clear divide on this board.

Menoupausal freaks side with menopausal freaks against younger women.

Even my grandmother who is 76 will call women on it. [Big Grin]

(Doing CPR on myself)

(becasue the menopause is kicking in too hard you know!)

Connie Anderson
Member # 11479

quote:
quote:

Jealous of you sonomod...in your dreams girl! [Roll Eyes]
Not especially of me, but if you see me as a symbol for younger female on ES then that explains your attitude towards them.

I did manage to make a copy of the ES board before Sammy or neal went through and deleted all those "sugarmama embarassment list" threads. I consider 40% of the board gone because it had so much personal info that ES hags wanted deleted.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:

I still believe that you would be much better off in a town like Cairo.

[Roll Eyes]

First of all, Cairo is not a "town"!

Secondly, I know for sure that someone with Smuck's husband's background will not be able to provide for a fancy house in Zamalek where Smuck can have the happy life with other expats.

If ever, he will only be able to move to a place within Cairo very similar to where they live now.

I wish people would give advice only when they have the slightest idea!!

newcomer
Member # 1056

quote:
Not especially of me, but if you see me as a symbol for younger female on ES then that explains your attitude towards them.

my dear...you symbolize no one but yourself! It was your use of the term "we" implying that you think you are younger than me that made me link you with the young women on the board. But from what you say, you yourself have now passed out of that group anyway! [Smile]
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the point of being here if the main goal is to attack others if you already had an exile and have your own Egyptian message boards?

Not enough members over there or what?

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com