EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Air Gun Laws in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Air Gun Laws in Egypt
Red Electric
Member # 11973

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Electric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Everyone.

Firstly I would like to say how interesting these forums are, I've been fascinated by al the posts and I think this is a really great forum.

I have a question which I have had some difficulty trying to find an answer to.

Does anybody know what the laws are in egypt regarding the use of air rifles, Ie, if I had access to a small piece of land and had permission of the land owner would I be able to use an air gun there for shooting targets (not animals as I dont do that).

Or would anyone know who I could contact to find out? Its just something I enjoy doing and I may be coming to live in egypt for several months, perhaps longer and was really hoping I would be able to continue to practice my target shooting there. Here in the uk you are allowed to use one so long as you have permission or are a member of a club, and so long as the rifle is within the uk legal limits of 12ft lbs.

Many Thanks

Martin [Smile]

Posts: 3 | From: Earth | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gentle_giant
Member # 10863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gentle_giant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2 years ago you could buy an air pistol at the local supermarket, but I haven't seen that lately.

I really don't know, but there are a lot of shooting clubs here.

--------------------
Happiness is a choice!

Posts: 177 | From: London | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Red Electric
Member # 11973

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red Electric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Gentle_Giant,

Thanks.

That sounds like good news, I guess if there are shooting clubs, then it sounds like there is support for the sport there. I searching all over the web trying to find out but to no avail.

I will try and search for clubs instead and see if I can contact them and ask.

Thanks again

Martin

Posts: 3 | From: Earth | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Siwa
Member # 11965

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Siwa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Martin,
Yeah the do shooting at the shooting club in Dokki - clay pigeon shooting is big there! and at El-Shamus club in Heliopolis. I'm not sure if they do air gun.
phone: 20 2 337 4464 / +20 2 337 4333

Good luck,

Siwa

Posts: 4 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Placebo Flamingo
Member # 11857

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Placebo Flamingo         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seen quite a few gun and ammo shops in cairo last trip. Doubt any problem using an air gun. Check with gun shop when you get here. [Smile]

--------------------
MK for head of cyber stalking.

Posts: 122 | From: egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where I live, certain times of the year, it seems everyone has an airgun. [pigeons dropping from the sky,] i don't think you'll have any problem getting an airgun here or using it where you like.
If you'd like to endanger a species, people organise shooting trips to the desert too. [Razz]

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com