EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » MOVING TO EGYPT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: MOVING TO EGYPT
sophiaaly
Member # 12169

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for sophiaaly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HELLO MY NAME IS SOPHIA AND I AM MARRIED TO AN EGYPTIAN MAN FROM ALEXANDRIA AND I WILL BE MOVING TO EGYPT AS SOON AS THE PASSPORTS COME IN AND I JUST WANTED TO SEE IF ANYONE KNEW OF SOME CHEAP AMERICAN SCHOOLS, EVEN FREE IF POSSIBLE, I HAVE AN 11 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER, SO I WAS JUST WONDERING. WE ARE AMERICANS, BUT MY HUSBAND WAS DEPORTED BACK, AND NOW I WILL FOLLOW. BUT THAT IS A DIFFERANT SUBJECT. ANYWAY THANK YOU.
Posts: 4 | From: jersey city new jersey | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
doesn`t exist free American schools...
however...in Alexandria there are cheaper schools than Cairo ..
American school in Schotz...is Old institute and cheap...and they are very good..the nieghbourhood where the school is ..is not good though..
there is Al safwa schools...and saint mark...
welcome to Egypt..
if you need any further help pls ask us..
moving to Egypt is very common among members here...and we have some Experience that may help you..

--------------------
muito obrigado por voces

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sophiaaly
Member # 12169

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sophiaaly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION, I WILL LOOK IT UP RIGHT AFTER I POST THIS REPLY. DO YOU BY CHANCE KNOW THE WEB SITE ADDRESS?? THIS WOULD HELP ME OUT TREMENDOUSLY.

--------------------
sophia aly

Posts: 4 | From: jersey city new jersey | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
brigitte
Member # 6771

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for brigitte     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sophiaaly

use the Website www.yellowpages.com.eg with the word "schools" and the location "Alexandria" maybe you can find someone.

Masalam

Brigitte

Posts: 73 | From: Al Rehab City | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sophiaaly:
THANK YOU FOR THIS INFORMATION, I WILL LOOK IT UP RIGHT AFTER I POST THIS REPLY. DO YOU BY CHANCE KNOW THE WEB SITE ADDRESS?? THIS WOULD HELP ME OUT TREMENDOUSLY.

here are the info data about the school :
Mr. Matthew Farwell, Headmaster (2006-2007)
Schutz American School
Post Office Box 1000
Alexandria, Egypt 21111
Tel: 20-3-574-1435
Fax: 20-3-576-0229
E-mail: headmaster@schutzschool.org.eg
the link is as follows... :

http://www.state.gov/m/a/os/1291.htm
good luck
[Smile]

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingspirit :)
Member # 11660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingspirit :)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think being that the kid is an american born he would have some privileges in american schools??? pricing wise I think they would give him a break in the price,,, but i guess it needs to be an american school not egyptian-american private, bem3na enaha paid by the american government... Why not speaking locally in the USA and asking how that goes in egypt for american born children in egypt... am sure she will find some good information there

--------------------
Always remembering that we are nothing without His Merciful hand over us.

Posts: 284 | From: gods heaven | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Still-Learning
Member # 9153

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Still-Learning     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is a lot of language schools in Cairo, you will find one without difficulties if you decide to live there.

But i believe the best place to send children to in Cairo is the Cairo American College

For more info: www.cacegypt.org/

Posts: 1473 | From: France | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sophia,
Just from experience, any americam or british school charges around £5K sterling or $8-9k per year. Any other language school or normal egyptian school charges between 10,000EGP- 20,000EGp per year. They have the governmnet schools that charge, very little if at all, but these tend to be overcrowded and teach predominantly in Arabic, so if your child does not speak/read or write arabic they may struggle.
Good Luck

Posts: 288 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sophiaaly
Member # 12169

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sophiaaly   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you all so much for the information you have given me. you folks have no idea how much i appreciate it.. shokran to all!!!!!!!

--------------------
sophia aly

sophiaaly
Member # 12169

Rate Member
wow, that yellow page website is very informative, thank you for that one. i am going to have to pass that along to my husband. again, thank you

--------------------
sophia aly

cookieice
Member # 12196

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cookieice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out this website of a good school. My kids went there and I am very happy with it.
http://www.futureinterschools-alex.com/, they have an international department too

Posts: 1 | From: Holland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com