EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Egyptian Citizenship

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Egyptian Citizenship
samazing
Member # 12237

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samazing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a big issue...I would like to share my life with my mate, the problem is that he's Egyptian and is in the army and I am not Egyptian. A clear Egyptian rule bans Egyptian militaries to live with foreigner...in the long term, how does it take to request for Egyptian citizenship? I can try and look for a job there and spend all the necessary years in the country , just as much as it take, don't care...but what is really required?
Posts: 8 | From: italy | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is he just doing his military service or is he army proper?
If he is just doing his service then wait till it is over 3 years?
If he is army proper and it is his career and he intends to stay with them in the long term I think it takes 4-5 years to get citizenship?, but if you marry before 1st Jan 2007 he wont have to serve? I think i read this on ES last week?
Sorry a bit vague maybe someone else might know more

Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samazing
Member # 12237

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samazing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Unfo he is in the army, he's captain and his career is in the army...I can stay in egypt for 5 years and find a job there. I will if it can help me get citizenship and stay with him..I really thank you for the reply anyway. Truly.

All advises are welcome!

--------------------
Sammy

Posts: 8 | From: italy | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope someone can help you? [Wink]
Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Just found some info for you.
To get egyptian citizenship you need first to be married to egy man. Then you apply to the interior ministry and fill in form and get receipt. If you are still married after 2 years it will be granted.
But your prob is getting married to army guy???????????in the first place.........anyone any idea?

samazing
Member # 12237

Rate Member
Exactly!! I'd need the citizenship TO marry him / live with him....I cannot marry another man and then turn to him after two years..ahha, no way.

Ok, so, if we take it the other way around, how could it work? Maybe I have to call the embassy?

Does anybody know any way website / office where I could ask? (I am Italian but currently working in Congo...still, I can make phone calls from here :-)

--------------------
Sammy

tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
What about the italian embassy in cairo? They will have all the details.
Maybe citizens from certain non-conflict countries are allowed to marry military egyptians?
Why does HE not ask the military about it? [Confused]

samazing
Member # 12237

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for samazing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
..uhm, you are rightr. He should ask..if he's committed ;-)
maud verlet
Member # 11185

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maud verlet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I ve the same pb, exactly, my boyfriend is egyptian, in the army and...well, I d like to find a solution cos I can't imagine my life without him.
Posts: 13 | From: france | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Seems strange he has not?
His commanding officer can answer that question in 2 seconds........

maud verlet
Member # 11185

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maud verlet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but the answer seems to be NO...so what is the solution ?
Leaving army ?

Posts: 13 | From: france | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samazing
Member # 12237

Rate Member
it sounds like...my bf went to Egypt for his holiday (he was on a mission here with me and here we met). so someone reported about a rel he had here and now he's risking his job. Solutions are 2: either I try to get citizenship in the long term (whatever it takes, as many years as it takes), either we leave each other. I would never want to cause him troubles so now I must step back until I have the solution in my hand.

Leaving the army...well, it's his career...I could never ask him this.

--------------------
Sammy

citizen
Member # 1344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for citizen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You CANNOT get Egyptian citizenship except by being born to an Egyptian man (and more recently an Egyptian woman) or being married to an Egptian man for two years. There is NO OTHER WAY to get citizenship.
Posts: 1039 | From: Cairo | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samazing
Member # 12237

Rate Member
...wow...I see.

--------------------
Sammy

liamhanna
Member # 12272

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for liamhanna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh so a foreign man can get citiznshp by marriying an egyptian gal?

and why did nobody anwer my dam%$^$^ question about the children? in an earlier post... sorry to get off track

--------------------
Without the serious possibility of error there can be no freedom; and in the long run, without freedom and independence there can be no real love. ~
Rudolf Frieling

Posts: 39 | From: LA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
king-snefru
Member # 11670

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for king-snefru     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the Egyptian citizenship only granted to :
1- the children of an egyptian woman whose her husband is a forigner
2- the children of an egyptian man whose his wife is a forigner ( but here they get it in the day they were born) just like if their mum was Egyptian.
3- a forign wife of an egyptian man if she stayed for more than 2 years I think "iam not quite sure"

and there is no other way to get it apart of the previous 3 conditions.

by the way any soldier of the army can not get married to a forigner even if she is from an arab country.
so ITALY is just like the others.
I think the only way is for him to quit the army

Posts: 121 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liamhanna
Member # 12272

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for liamhanna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How long does "the children of an egyptian woman whose her husband is a forigner" take ?

--------------------
Without the serious possibility of error there can be no freedom; and in the long run, without freedom and independence there can be no real love. ~
Rudolf Frieling

Posts: 39 | From: LA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ael_husseiny
Member # 10201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ael_husseiny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they alos have th egyptian nationality if they apply for it, all u need is a lawyer.

--------------------
samir

Posts: 150 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liamhanna
Member # 12272

Rate Member
and how long does it take? and why a lawyer why can't you just fill out the paper work etc?

--------------------
Rudolf Frieling

samazing
Member # 12237

Rate Member
...can an army man marry a foreigner with egyptian nationality rather than citizenship?

--------------------
Sammy

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com