EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » No more scheduled flights from Hurhada????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: No more scheduled flights from Hurhada????
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was just looking at my old favourite, redseaflights.com , and noticed they weren't flying out of Hurghada any more!! Also, the airline they used, Astraeus, seems to have been taken over, and isn't being used by redsea flights.... and isn't going to Egypt!!!
OK, Hurghada and Sharm UK expats...... how do you get home now???
Is it back to the old option of going via Cairo, or is there another scheduled flight from Hurghada???
Any feedback.... maybe my old friend Semsema???

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Was just looking at my old favourite, redseaflights.com , and noticed they weren't flying out of Hurghada any more!! Also, the airline they used, Astraeus, seems to have been taken over, and isn't being used by redsea flights.... and isn't going to Egypt!!!
OK, Hurghada and Sharm UK expats...... how do you get home now???
Is it back to the old option of going via Cairo, or is there another scheduled flight from Hurghada???

-------------------------------------------------
The flights operated by Red sea with Thomas Cook are still classified as scheduled flights. You can also still book the scheduled flight operated by British airways via GB flights direct with BA.
Any feedback.... maybe my old friend Semsema???

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Des
Member # 9479

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Des     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Penny,

Astraeus's contract with redseaflights ended a
couple of months ago and (I think) restarted with
Thomson on Fridays.

One thing for certain, flights are more expensive
much cheaper on BA, more choice of flights and
most important (for Me!!) you can book return
several months in advance!! [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 97 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Semsema
Member # 5415

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Semsema     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Samia how are you. How was your first Xmas as a married woman? Give my love to M.

Have got someone on this re Astraeus.

Des, it may be cheaper to fly BA if you are going to Cairo but in my experience Red Sea Flights couldn't be beaten to fly to Hurghada from Gatwick. Flights could be booked 3 months in advance.

--------------------
Whitelily

Posts: 660 | From: Unfinished City | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Semsema:
Hey Samia how are you. How was your first Xmas as a married woman? Give my love to M.

Des, it may be cheaper to fly BA if you are going to Cairo but in my experience Red Sea Flights couldn't be beaten to fly to Hurghada from Gatwick. Flights could be booked 3 months in advance.

Hi ya Sem!!! Christmas was strange... in a motel.....
I bought a new car......
We now have bought our house... we take possession on Thursday, hopefully.....
we were thinking of coming to Egypt for a short time in march.... that's why we were asking!!!
Loads of love to you both!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bombay1
Member # 5213

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bombay1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand the Austraus flight only operates for the summer season (May-Nov) as its part chartered by Regal Dive. I don't think the Thomas Cook flight has any sheduled seats its only charter. BA only sheduled direct UK flights at the moment.
R

Posts: 53 | From: uk/Egypt | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
quote:
Originally posted by Semsema:

Hi ya Sem!!! Christmas was strange... in a motel.....
I bought a new car......
We now have bought our house... we take possession on Thursday, hopefully.....
we were thinking of coming to Egypt for a short time in march.... that's why we were asking!!!
Loads of love to you both!!!

girl you have got married?? [Eek!] that's why you were hiding??
any congratlation [Wink]

Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey Samia

Check out www.xl.com or www.thomascook.com. if contacting them while beeing in hurghada, you can purchase the ticket from them. i bought a ticket from blue sky travl in hurghada /bright sky travel/ and flew to hamburg. i dont know if they have flights to uk, but its woth giving a go.

Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com