EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Pub 28

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pub 28
Member # 11766

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any reviews on this place and addy? Have been told it is jumping and in Zamalek.
cheers..

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DamselInDistress
Member # 7061

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DamselInDistress     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the place but it may not be everbody's cup of tea. The food is good and there is plenty of fresh mezzah. It is a mixed crowd of Egyptians and ex-pats. You can take your own bottle with you and service is fantastic if they know you or you tip BIG.

Some nights are packed out, so it is a good idea to call ahead for a reservation. I will try and find the contact info. I know it's at the beginning of Shagret El Dor St.

Posts: 70 | From: Cairo Egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PUB 28

by Theresa Andrawis

Simply one of those places you always drive by and wonder about… wonder no more! Its time to try it out!

I constantly drive by Pub 28 and wonder what its like from the inside, well from the outside it has this old class look, that is very appealing and comforting. The arched façade and yellow lights make it so unique. During the morning it’s hard to spot out because of the trees that shade it hiding it in a sense but giving it this western look cause of its colors, shade, and style.

Actually I found out that the name Pub 28 is in fact its number on the street… I never knew that! A heavy, solid metal door appears to be the only means of access, and there are no windows there fore you have no idea what could possibly be happening inside. Pub 28 is split into 3 main areas: a bar and sofa area, another larger sofa and table area and a small-seated area with a handful of high tables, where diners can eat. Al this space I is divided up by the use of wooden posts separate the area, which together with the saloon doors to the toilets, give the place a vague wild-west feel.

Keeping with the dim and indistinct appearance the interior is all coated with a dark layer. Dark wooden panels on the walls, dark tiles rest on the floor, and visible beams are also darkened on the ceiling. Walls are dressed in painting and mirrors, which give Pub 28 a mysterious look to it. The crowd over here is usually of a mid-aged foreign generation, which are of high intellectual standards, and of the local neighborhood residents which made Pub 28 their daily chill out location, so it’s a great place to go if you are new in the area and would like to meet your neighbors.

The menu serves food and drinks but I think drinks there would do just fine. They open around noon and stay open until about 2:00 am. Sit comfortably in the two-room restaurant or pick between the low furniture and uncomfortable stools in the bar. There's rarely an empty table. It’s simple but to a thinker, it might just be the place to have a casual drink and daze off in his own thought of mind!!
Enjoy!

Address:
28, Shagaret al-Durr st.
Zamalek
Tel : 735-9200

http://www.yallabina.com/Nightlife/Main/pub28.aspx

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like the place at all. The atmosphere is too "expat-ish" for my taste and the music is usually way too loud.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,sounds good,will try it this weekend.
Cheers to all.

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
let us know whats its like please

thanks

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pablowablo
Member # 9129

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pablowablo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thats the second time i hear of this place today
i will have to stop by and honor them with my presence
and then get kicked out for being a drunken foool

Posts: 113 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com