EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Dumb Things We Do (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Dumb Things We Do
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been taking this Philosophy class. (Logic) It is so hard for me. My brain feels like it's gone through the wringer. I'm not a very logical thinker. I was told it would help me with Calculus. So, I'm taking this class.

I am enjoying it. But it is so hard for me. LOL We are always having to write about things like: Does the fast paced world we live in affect our logical thinking? Does it make us do things we normally wouldn't do,if we had taken the time to think it through? And a lot more intense questions of the like. But I believe yes it does affect us, negatively. That brought me to my question.

Why do we continually do dumb things.evem if we know the consequences, and do not like the?. But still because we are in a hurry, do them?

Example: It's cold here now. The water is cold. I wash my hands at least 50 times a day. I am a little obsessive about this, especially this time of year. I know the water will be cold(ice cold), when I turn on the faucet. I know it will leave me sitting there with my fingers hurting and throbbing for a good minute or so. So why do I always just turn it on, stick my hands in, and pay the price?

To make myself look even more stupid. I put soap on my hands then turn water on.........hurts too bad to wash it off.........so I sit there like a dummy hurting and checking the water every few seconds. It hurtssssss. My kids say, "Mom, you're so goofy" LOL

So trying to be in a hurry, actually makes some things take longer. Because we did not take the time to consider things logically. Are humans just contradictory and illogical by nature? Why do we choose the easy or quick way, then complain about the consequences?

Does anyone else do this? Or other things like this? Or am I the only "blonde"? (as my kids say)

Shukran [Smile]

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok here's more. Today was the grandma of all days I think.

Made stew. Added season salt. took lid off and dumped in half the bottle. [Roll Eyes]

I love anything Chipotle pepper flavored. That stuff is usually pretty mild. But yummy. Well I got this chipotle chili pepper all ground up in spice section. Thought yum I bet that is good. So tasted a big spoonful. [Embarrassed] [Eek!] then [Eek!] [Eek!] I mean whoa!!!!!!!!! that stuff was hot. You know how you are just kind of there like omg what do i do....who's watching..... I ate cheese, bread, jello, you name it.

Ok that was just dumb. But I wont do it again. [Smile]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahaha you are funny sheba but yes i understand, who knows why we do it, its kinda like a compulsion it happens before we think

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
humanist
Member # 12798

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for humanist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Behavior is hard to change no matter how intellectually we understand a bothersome behavior...nonetheless, the behavior is hard to change...nearly impossible.

Look at fat people for example. They eat food they know is going to make them fat. They know their body only needs X number of calories to sustain health but they continue to far exceed what is necessary...even though they KNOW this makes them fat and unhealthy.

Behavior is HARD TO CHANGE. especially obsessive compulsive behavior.

Posts: 407 | From: USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
OK........I know I cannot be the only one. What dumb things do you do, or have you done?

New one today.

Got in car.......wouldn't start........out of gas. [Embarrassed] [Mad] [Roll Eyes] [Embarrassed]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sheba76:

Got in car.......wouldn't start........out of gas. [Embarrassed] [Mad] [Roll Eyes] [Embarrassed]

Can't happen to me....... I am not driving!!! [Big Grin]

Occassionally I also do strange things where I think to myself, gosh what's wrong with me today? Usually it happens when I get distracted or I am just very tired. But it's not really like I know it's not good to do but I still do it.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
I am not driving!!! [Big Grin]

Now that wins the prize of this thread!
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
quote:
I am not driving!!! [Big Grin]

Now that wins the prize of this thread!
LOL....
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
^^ At least you're becoming a top poster by admitting I'm funny.

Yalla let me give you the chance to become top something for a change. [Wink]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
LOL ..... Cyberbully ..... LOL
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
^^ hee hee.. Cyberbullemia nervosa.

Mousy, you are so copying my style in your last 500 posts!

One day you'll just become me.

Mission accomplished. [Cool]

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
LOL ..... hopefully you are done now.

And please don't be concerned about my total posts ...... don't you have other things in life to excite you? What a poor soul you are..... [Roll Eyes]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
^^ No I'm just excited you're excited. [Big Grin]

And my soul is poor yeah. Made in Africa.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
LOL ..... I love Africa and Haribos!
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
I love Haribos!

That figures the figure.
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
OK Tiger and MK. What Do You Do?

LOLOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:
quote:
I love Haribos!

That figures the figure.
LOL ..... I always go for the green ones!
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
OK Tiger and MK. What Do You Do?

Exactly what we're doing right now.
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
hehehe

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
No but seriously Tigerlily, have you noticed that I managed to totally tick you off without you starting to call me names?

Excellent improvement ya Tiger.

I'm serious.

Now *that* I like in a lady.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
I am a mousy ....... and you still a Cyberrat don't forget. And hell no I don't want to become like you!

Back to topic about 'dumb things we do'! [Big Grin]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
and you still a Cyberrat don't forget.

You know Mousy I think of you when I watch der Maus

quote:
And hell no I don't want to become like you!

"LOL"
Mrs Tibe
Member # 12653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol
Posts: 528 | From: Denmark | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
get_over_it
Member # 11286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for get_over_it     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Ok here's more. Today was the grandma of all days I think.

Made stew. Added season salt. took lid off and dumped in half the bottle. [Roll Eyes]

I love anything Chipotle pepper flavored. That stuff is usually pretty mild. But yummy. Well I got this chipotle chili pepper all ground up in spice section. Thought yum I bet that is good. So tasted a big spoonful. then I mean whoa!!!!!!!!! that stuff was hot. You know how you are just kind of there like omg what do i do....who's watching..... I ate cheese, bread, jello, you name it.

Ok that was just dumb. But I wont do it again.

Sheba, I feel your pain [Razz]

I did something similarly dumb while cooking dinner the other night - I came to add a pinch of hot pepper, then without thinking rubbed my eye [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed]

Man, that was painful - it was red, itchy, sore - and I couldn't do anything to make it better! In my desperation, I even poured milk into my eye (cos I know that works when you eat something hot [Big Grin] ) but it just made me feel even more of an idiot!

Posts: 463 | From: Other side of nowhere | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh did that after cutting up chillies!! My God it HURTS [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haribo makes bears from heaven.

MMMMMMmmmm, always got a gold bag in my Christmas sock growing up, and my Grandmother always made sure to send us some as treats, I was SHOCKED! SHOCKED I SAY! To find them a san adut costing less than 1>50 for a nice fat bag. : [Smile]

Haribo is LOVE. (and I like the red and "clear" ones)

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Ok new dumb thing for today.

I'm wearing my daughters jeans. Cute low-rise, real hippy kind of jeans. Man....my butt looks good too. LOL

I'm sitting around with my jeans unbuttoned all the time. I think we all know why.

Anyway, I just hop up and do whatever then halfway across the room I'm doing the funny dance trying to keep them up. My kids are laughing and saying, mom.........why don't you just button your jeans? LOL

[Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Big Grin]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

FlyingTrucks
Member # 11270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FlyingTrucks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you dirty woman u HUSSY .....
Posts: 4597 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
LOL Just Lazy. [Big Grin]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Time to do the laundry Sheba.. [Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
LOL

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Actually, my laundry is done. But I lost so much weight that I don't have jeans. So.....I wear hers. Her daddy loves to buy her clothes. LOL [Big Grin]

Besides, them young chicky jeans, make my butt look goooooooooooood. [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nevermind
Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josette! So good to see you again! I guess we can call off the search parties. So tell me, what's the gossip today? How is the baby camel doing? [Wink] [Wink]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Josette:
How about changing the topic to dumb things you do. This thread is dumb.

Mesh Ma 'aool!...dumb? in comparison with what? your behaviour? [Big Grin] la la la mesh momken ...if it's so dumb...faragena khatwetek ... [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Camel's still chasing me ! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Silly camel thought he could leave me! Well I
rode that camel to make him remember who's boss [Big Grin]

Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Josette, girl you are too much, I just spat hot chocolate all over my laptop! [Embarrassed] I hope you did show him who his real "mama" is. [Wink] [Razz]
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
quote:

Mesh Ma 'aool!...dumb? in comparison with what? your behaviour? [Big Grin] la la la mesh momken ...if it's so dumb...faragena khatwetek ... [Roll Eyes]
KOS OMAK
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
quote:

KOS OMAK
You're so damn predictable and so easy to read... [Big Grin] I've got you exactly where I wanted... [Big Grin] You really need to learn how to swear, ya nassaba... [Big Grin] Ladies, say hi to our sweet Nina, aka Geneva, aka Unknown Model, aka Mysweetcamel, aka Zoom... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Yabn El Mara Om Kus We Nus
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
quote:
Yabn El Mara Om Kus We Nus

The "copy and paste" thing doesn't help... [Roll Eyes]

...and last time I've checked I was nobody's son... [Big Grin]

Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Whatever. Everyone knows who "Josette" is. Get a life.
Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
quote:
Whatever. Everyone knows who "Josette" is.

Which is...? an analyst from Egypt?... an artist from US?... a magnoona from Canada?... geez, where is Masrawi when you need him? [Big Grin]

quote:
Get a life.

Wow, your manners are impecable now... last time was "Get a grave, bitch!" [Big Grin]

Sometimes I'm sorry Corv isn't here anymore... [Roll Eyes]

Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm...sounds like we have another graduate from the Ya Ragal Language school.
Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Laura go take your Geritol.
Laura
Member # 879

Josette is it true you're a (FILL IN THE BLANKS)?
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
Josette is it true you're a (FILL IN THE BLANKS)?

Yep [Big Grin]
Laura
Member # 879

quote:

Josette, go take your penicillin.
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by humanist:
Behavior is hard to change no matter how intellectually we understand a bothersome behavior...nonetheless, the behavior is hard to change...nearly impossible.

Look at fat people for example. They eat food they know is going to make them fat. They know their body only needs X number of calories to sustain health but they continue to far exceed what is necessary...even though they KNOW this makes them fat and unhealthy.

Behavior is HARD TO CHANGE. especially obsessive compulsive behavior.

it is also difficult to break a bad habit..... But if you want to break a bad habit or change a certain behavior you have to start to consciously realize it, but being consicous about it does not change it, you have to work so hard at finding ways to change it & it will take time.... I think therapy is useful
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Laura:
quote:

Josette, go take your penicillin.
Good one granny! How about I come take your husband [Wink] I'm sure it would be dreadfully easy!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com