EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » can anyone try to translate please?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: can anyone try to translate please?
KutoMuto
Member # 12383

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KutoMuto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can anyone please translate this following arabic for me? It is probably spelled wrong, but any help would be awesome!

-momken akolk haga w mch hakalm tane
-ana mch gaele nom
-ana asef ente msh arf ae hag bas lama htarfe hathbane kter

Thank you!

Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried to translate. Auto showed me how so very bad and wrong it was. So to save my dignity, I edited. [Embarrassed] [Embarrassed] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Âutomatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KutoMuto:

-ana mch gaele nom

I will tell you one thing and won't say more.
I can not sleep.
I am sorry but there's something that you don't know and when you do will love me very much.

Posts: 465 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shebah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROFL

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Posts: 2133 | From: Redneckland | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soma
Member # 12876

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soma   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay it's says:
- can i tell you something and didn't tell you anything more(words we used to let you stay).
-i didn't feel sleepy(mean i don't want to sleep now so we can talk).
-i'm sorry that you didn't know what i said(in this language), but when you know me you maybe like me moooooooore(wow it's up to you hahaha)

Posts: 88 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
WOW............Two different meanings. How'd that happen?

ٍSoma, the part in parentheses......is that your opinion of what it says? Or are there indicators in the words that tell you that?

شكرا

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Âutomatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by soma:
okay it's says:
- can i tell you something and didn't tell you anything more(words we used to let you stay).
-i didn't feel sleepy(mean i don't want to sleep now so we can talk).
-i'm sorry that you didn't know what i said(in this language), but when you know me you maybe like me moooooooore(wow it's up to you hahaha)

Are you a native speaker? If yes, are you sure you read the same post I did?

"w mch hakalm tane" that is NOT past tense so it can NOT be "and didn't"

"ana asef ente msh arf ae hag" is present tense. It means "I'm sorry there's something you don't know" Better translated to "I'm sorry but there's something that you don't know".

hathbane = you will love me. NOT "like" . Having said that it does not necessarily mean a romantic kind of love.

kter (keteer) = a lot or very much. Akter = more.

What's with :

(in this language)

(mean i don't want to sleep now so we can talk)

(wow it's up to you hahaha)

She was looking for translation not mind reading!

Posts: 465 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shebah
Member # 12165

Rate Member
Cool! See now that's the kind of explanation I like.

You should be a teacher Auto. [Big Grin]

I knew can/will, you, I, very/much, sleep/yes, and thing/something.
[Big Grin]

--------------------
شكرا و أللام عليكم
شيبى

seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We should have an official ES translator, I think Auto would do a good job, it would save me embarrassment of asking my husband what the bad words mean... [Wink]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He must wonder what you are doing on the Internet picking up bad words!!
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gaza
Member # 9121

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gaza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by KutoMuto:
Can anyone please translate this following arabic for me? It is probably spelled wrong, but any help would be awesome!

-ana mch gaele nom
Thank you!

Can i say something and i wont say anything else
i cant sleep
i am sorry, there is something that you dont know but when you know it ; you are gonna love me so much

Posts: 1123 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KutoMuto
Member # 12383

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KutoMuto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you guys so much!! By these meanings would you assume he is talking to a girl or man, and is it sexual? I found these messages on my husband's phone to someone named "Nad" which could be a man or woman. I need someone to help me with that...thank you.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev:
He must wonder what you are doing on the Internet picking up bad words!!

No, he knows, he thinks we're all addicted to ES anyway, the worst was when I asked him what Korvin said, it was a very bad thing. [Wink] He came running to the pc to make sure I read it correctly...
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Thank you guys so much!! By these meanings would you assume he is talking to a girl or man, and is it sexual? I found these messages on my husband's phone to someone named "Nad" which could be a man or woman. I need someone to help me with that...thank you."

Uh Oh.......

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First thing you do is kick him in the "nads". Obviously if you were suspicious enough to not ask him about it and post this on here asking others to translate for you, then you think something is going on. Trust your intuition. I am guessing there have been other "signs" otherwise you would have just asked him what this said.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by jessie:
"Thank you guys so much!! By these meanings would you assume he is talking to a girl or man, and is it sexual? I found these messages on my husband's phone to someone named "Nad" which could be a man or woman. I need someone to help me with that...thank you."

Uh Oh.......

My husband said the third one sounds romantic. [Frown]
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jessie:
By these meanings would you assume he is talking to a girl or man, and is it sexual?

If the third sentence you posted is spelled halfway right, it's addressing a woman.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Alchemist:
First thing you do is kick him in the "nads". Obviously if you were suspicious enough to not ask him about it and post this on here asking others to translate for you, then you think something is going on. Trust your intuition. I am guessing there have been other "signs" otherwise you would have just asked him what this said.

Brainy, intuitive, and by that, too dangerous for playful guys. Real Alchemist [Big Grin] [Wink]
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com