EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Things that annoy you (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Things that annoy you
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please share with us the things that annoy you. Anything at all that comes to mind, even if it is silly. People or things, feel free to expess yourself. Let this be our venting thread [Mad] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
people that spit, esp those at the same bus stop as me .................

those that smell, i.e. dont wash, especially those who travel on the same bus as me (soap and water is cheap enough), but really, some people really humm

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On boards,it totally annoys me when users constant change nicks,or have a lot of different ones.

[Mad] [Roll Eyes] [Mad]

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
inpatient drivers who speed with complete disregard for others, esp those who wont stop when I am tryng to cross the road when going to work - if I'm late, then I hope its them that going to be subsequently late for their hospital appointments - it serves them right.
Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh this thread is growing fast :-)

--------------------
Femme Fatale

Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
people who have personal conversations on their mobiles when on a bus - and the conversation is really personal, and I really don't want to know -and they have an irritating loud voice as well.

God help those that irritate me on the bus home tonight!

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for henita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having to wake up early in the morning to go to work.Traffic jams(anywhere),Cairo traffic,long layovers at airports,pushy salespeople.....

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1339 | From: Om Leito | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
people that leave the pub (near my house) on a night, and my disturb my peace as I am bed trying to sleep - they may have a fight or an argument in the pub car park, some girl may be sobbing for a long time sat on the kerb, some go get fish and chips and dump the wrapping in my fromnt garden as they go past, some decide to climb on the bus stop shelter and play silly games, others sing stupid football songs whilst waiting for a taxi - I just wish they'd all bugger off!
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

I'm anoyed by Fanatics, racists, people who are vain, people who think they are always right, peole who are judgemental

--------------------
Femme Fatale

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
People reading your newspaper over your back... [Roll Eyes]
People you tell you "i'll call you"(specially men)then never do it...

MissJambi
Member # 13261

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MissJambi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MEN, AND SOMETIMES, MYSELF.
Posts: 229 | From: florida | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Classed obssesed individuals....those who like to tell how much money they spend in whatever... [Roll Eyes]
asking why you are not married or why you don't have children....

antihypocrisy
Member # 11915

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for antihypocrisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IGNORANCE BY PEOPLE DONT UNDERSTAND THIER OWN RELIGION IN THE RELIGION ES [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2728 | From: جمهورية مصر العربية | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
People who are always late for everything no matter what...
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Sorry,but it annoys me big time people in Egypt who think just cause you are Westerner you are rich and have to pay more for everything! [Mad] [Roll Eyes] [Mad]
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Men in egypt who think that just because you have a personal opinion about something it is automatically because you're American and you think you 'know everything'. The same never applies to men, just us women. [Roll Eyes] [Mad]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People who constantly make comment on the way you look. I am not use to, to this kind of remark at all. In general there are not a lot of things that annoy me but this one really do. Why aren't you blond with bleu eyes are you European?
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:

asking why you are not married or why you don't have children.... [/QB]

this is at the top of my annoying list
[Mad]

*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Originally posted by *Souri*:
People who constantly make comment on the way you look.

omg, I hate that too. it annoys me when people tell me things like, "you gained/ lost weight", "you look tired", "what's wrong with you", "your hair colour is not good on you" .... etc,.......
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ohhhh I know what you ladies mean, I just remarked on that issue in a thread yesterday, it annoys the hell out of me, too.
It's almost as if 'all you see in me is how I look' ?? [Confused] Thanks, I see how much I mean to you. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People who have a say in everything when they have no idea. Especially those who give you the wrong directions. Those are available in abundance in Egypt.

People who won't stop talking, especially on the phone. Very Egyptian thing as well.

Males who think they are per definition more intelligent than women. That's most of the Egyptian males.

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Batman
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by MK the Most Interlectual:

Males who think they are per definition more intelligent than women. That's most of the Egyptian males.

Yea I have a big problem with a male in law here with this issue...he loves to talk politics or history or anything to me but rarely knows what he's talking about. If I try to correct him he gets upset & if I have an opinion other than his he gets really annoyed...so now I disagree just to watch him squirm. [Wink]
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
People who have a say in everything when they have no idea. Especially those who give you the wrong directions. Those are available in abundance in Egypt.

yeah, they are everywhere & they make you loose your way
Are they afraid of confessing that they don't know anything because they are afraid to look stupid or not helpful?

SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Injustice; indoctrination; meanness; those whom confuse education or opportunity with intelligence; queues; snobs; people arriving too early; automated phone systems, where you can't speak to a human being; myself, when I have been impatient, intolerant or unjustly angry [Frown] ; vanity; arrogance; false humility...

I am really very laid back. [Eek!] [Razz] Not much bothers me. [Wink] Oh, I forgot to mention: the old; the young; everyone else [Razz] [Big Grin] (Kidding, I promise. )

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

quote:
Originally posted by *The Dark Angel* aka CAT:
quote:

yeah, they are everywhere & they make you loose your way
Are they afraid of confessing that they don't know anything because they are afraid to look stupid or not helpful?

insecurity
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
Batman

ROFL
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People who are not straight. Who`re telling you stories just to let you believe what they want.
Who`re doing right in your face and wrong behind your back.
Who`re not admitting what they`ve done.
Who wanted to please you because there is something to get for them.
UNREAL people.
I prefer people who act like they are, even when I don`t like what they do. The "take it or leave it" types. Not playing games.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liars.
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
People who are not straight. Who`re telling you stories just to let you believe what they want.
Who`re doing right in your face and wrong behind your back.
Who`re not admitting what they`ve done.
Who wanted to please you because there is something to get for them.
UNREAL people.
I prefer people who act like they are, even when I don`t like what they do. The "take it or leave it" types. Not playing games.

I call this ones fakes [Mad]
One can add here those who pretend to be who they are not.

henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Anyone unable to admit they have made a mistake.
KatangakSiteenNeelah
Member # 12550

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KatangakSiteenNeelah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

People who won't stop talking, especially on the phone. Very Egyptian thing as well.

Wallahi Ya MK your husband is lucky!
Got a sister by any chance???

Posts: 83 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:

I met people like that. They like to boast about how great they are, how kind they are, how well-intentioned they are, how generous they are & so on. But then you discover that they're completely the opposite of that they were trying to portray. it's like they are telling you in other words to watch out [Big Grin]
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:

I met people like that. They like to boast about how great they are, how kind they are, how well-intentioned they are, how generous they are & so on. But then you discover that they're completely the opposite of that they were trying to portray. it's like they are telling you in other words to watch out [Big Grin]
The ones who are genuinely like that don't need to boast about it.They simply Are and others will recognize. [Wink]
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra88:
The ones who are genuinely like that don't need to boast about it.They simply Are and others will recognize. [Wink] [/QB]

Couldnt agree more [Smile]
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
Those unable to say NO or I CANNOT cause they think is not polite to do so. [Roll Eyes]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Those who answer a simple how are you with a whole saga of how miserable their life is.

Those who are never satisfied, and complain their way through life.

Women at Ahmed wa Abdou. [Roll Eyes]

Creatures with a long pinkie nail aka Coke nail.

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Those who answer a simple how are you with a whole saga of how miserable their life is.

Ouch!... that's good to know! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
<Women at Ahmed wa Abdou.>

What is this,a place?What do these women do? [Confused]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sadeeqy:
quote:

Ouch!... that's good to know! [Big Grin]
Aha, finally managed to smoke you out of your hole.

You're the last one who qualifies for this my friend.

I'm talking about each and every time you meet them.

Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Âutomatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
People
Posts: 465 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Âutomatic For The People:
People

Auto [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
quote:
People

Oh My God wallahi I was going to say it.

People in general annoy me. I just want to be alone.

I hate people. [Smile]

Man you're my male version indeed!

Sadeeqy
Member # 9759

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sadeeqy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Aha, finally managed to smoke you out of your hole.

It was my litter box, but anyway... [Big Grin]
I'll go fly a kite now, as you say... [Big Grin]

Posts: 1744 | From: Romania | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
samaka
Member # 9228

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for samaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egyptian men who pick their noses in the street, or wipe it on their sleeve.
Taxi drivers who never stop using their horn, even if there is nothing there.
People who feel sorry for you, if you haven't got children and say 'Yarob'.
People who shout on the telephone, when they don't need a telephone, from Hurghada, you could hear them in Cairo.
Men on the street who say, 'smile'.
People who are frightened of dogs.
Egyptian men who butt in when you are talking to someone else.
Being stared at all the time. [Smile]

Posts: 588 | From: an oasis near the pyramids | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Âutomatic For The People     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
People

I hate people. [Smile]

You say it with charm [Big Grin]
Posts: 465 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Âutomatic For The People
Member # 12634

quote:
Originally posted by samakwish:

Being stared at all the time. [Smile]

Are you good looking?
henita
Member # 11693

Member Rated:
<Egyptian men who pick their noses in the street, or wipe it on their sleeve>

This is annoying in anybody [Eek!]

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Pretty women who know they are pretty, and fugly women who know they are fugly.

But worst of all, fugly women who think they are pretty.

Except Sono.

MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Egyptians who give Egypt a bad name.

Egyptians who shove too much (wrong) English (or OMG FRENCH) into their Arabic.

Egyptian TV.

Egyptian women who grow fat and chagrined right after getting married and having kids.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com