EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Telepathetic

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Telepathetic
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please tell me all you have got about that.
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
((I'm telling you now))

are you getting it? [Big Grin]

Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telepathy

http://www.themystica.com/mystica/articles/t/telepathy.html

http://www.answers.com/topic/telepathy

Is this enough?

Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am afraid No, I need someone who has been through that kind of trouble so they can tell me their experiences and how they got out of it [Frown]
Posts: 1167 | From: Homelandless | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Korven.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still waiting ....
Almaz
Member # 13525

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Almaz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did Focus on an issue and gave it many hours lol like an obsession and then...it worked...maybe because I worked on it to happen? But sometimes I have no time lol

--------------------
Almaz

Posts: 215 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Still not enough, tell me more, tell me about that issue...
Automatic For The Peoplê
Member # 13480

Rate Member
Icon 2 posted      Profile for Automatic For The Peoplê         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Korven.:
Please tell me all you have got about that.

It refers to someone who is deserving of pity but is far away. For example when you meet someone on the net and he's a complete waco, you call him a telepathetic [Big Grin]
Posts: 194 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Cool joke but in the wrong place ...
Automatic For The Peoplê
Member # 13480

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatic For The Peoplê         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The afternoon has gently passed me by
Posts: 194 | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Hey Otomatic, why we never see you posting a lot ?
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lots of people are a bit psychic.
Lots of things happened to me. Lots of events I saw before they actually happened. Usually thought I saw it just a day or hours before, no longer than that.
At first you dont think anything of it but then you see it on the news exactly like you saw in your mind or dream.
I cannot read peoples minds though. I doubt people can, it is just a trick.

See anything on Derren Brown?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derren_Brown

http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk/news/messiah

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/M/mindcontrol/

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Egyptian friend asked me my thoughts about dreams. She claimed to have several predicting dreams. I had to dissappoint her because I think it`s bullshit. In my opinion dreams is just processing unfinished business, sometimes in a strange way, quite expressive, surrealistic...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barnacle Bill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
maybe your dreams were not like mine then?

When you see an event, like up close, in vivid colour and wake up to find that it is on the news a few hours later. Breaking news type.
How can you explain that?

Maybe dream is the wrong word to describe it. [Confused]

Posts: 586 | From: Styx | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
telepathetic adj. [Coined by Pamela M. Sec. def. coined by Alex S.] adj. When extrasensory communication is inaccurate. n. The ability to be pathetic over great distances.
Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Récif corallien:

When you see an event, like up close, in vivid colour and wake up to find that it is on the news a few hours later. Breaking news type.

You should be more specific. Can you give an eaxample of the dream and the reality that happened after?
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karla
Member # 5472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karla         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This, like many other things commonly referred to as "paranormal", is to be considered unknown. There is much evidence against it, it would contradict the laws of nature as recognized by most scientists today. However, many people insist
on having experienced "deja-vu" like situations where they came into a setting they already had dreamed of. Could they prove it? Probably not but this fact alone doesn't prove the experiences invalid.
Now, how come the many deja-vus? A common explanation is a small misfunction of the brain. Some piece of information, like the look of a particular place where you haven't been before, gets from short-term into long-term memory via some sort of "shortcut" rather than the usual remembrance mechanism. (How this exactly works is currently not known in detail.) Then, when matching short-term against long-term memory, you think that you have the piece in long-term memory from somewhere in the past while it has entered long-term memory just recently.

This could explain some of the instances, but the possibility of the mind "travelling in time" can not be dismissed - many people claim they have done it and can do it again.

Here - Dreams That Predict The Future
Guest Author - Parthena Black

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art37802.asp

And - Can Dream Predict the Future?
http://library.thinkquest.org/C005545/english/activities/future.htm

Posts: 1414 | From: far away | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
quote:
Originally posted by Récif corallien:

You should be more specific. Can you give an eaxample of the dream and the reality that happened after?
one was
I dreamt of a Russian man. I knew his face well, I did not know his name but he was very famous. I knew I saw him on a balcony in Russia waving to soldiers, I was young then.
He was standing on a balcony in the snow, with a big Russian hat on and he had the hugest eyebrows. I focussed on his eyebrows for a while thinking about them. The eyebrows captivated me for some strange reason. I woke up.
I thought about this face, the eyebrows and got up and went about my day. Later that night I was in the living room and it went quiet, all eyes were on the TV, they showed a pic of the man I saw. I stopped and watched, again looking at his eyebrows, they showed footage of him standing on the balcony in that coat and hat in the snow. They announced he had just died of a heart attack.
I was confused and told everyone about my dream, and they really took no notice of me.

That was just one but it sticks in my mind because of the eyebrows which scared me as a child.

There were more, plenty more.

So how do I explain that?

[Confused]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Must have been Leonid Bresjnev. The image of a president, waving from an balcony, of course, is rather familiar, as it is from any head of state.
You didn`t dream about his death, you didn`t dream about his heart-attack, you just seemed to have dreamed about somebody famous who died occassional on that same day.
You can`t call this a predicting dream...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
is that not strange though?

another
dreamed I was standing in a wheat field and it was roasting hot, flames leaping in the air. I was trying to get closer to see what it was but heat kept me back. Looked around and saw scattered debris all over the field, suitcases etc.
Went to work and at the newspaper was delivered and put on desk as we were talking. The boss picked it up and the headlines said aircraft crashed on take off in Spain with photo of the crash site. It was in a field of crops, luggage all around, plane seats, debris, just as I saw it.

I sat there speechless!!! after a while I said I dreamt that!! but as expected who would believe you?

I still can feel that heat it made such an impression on me even after all these years.

[Frown]

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Only strange...
I`m a very sceptical person... [Razz]

Korven.
Member # 11013

Very nice work, dear fellow members but still I got no way out of my problem ...
Barnacle Bill
Member # 12656

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
Only strange...
I`m a very sceptical person... [Razz]

sure I would be skeptical too if someone told me that. But when you actually experience it and other things you do think differently.
[Smile]

Korven.
Member # 11013

True.
VanillaBullshit
Member # 10873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VanillaBullshit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Korven.:
True.

Tele-pathetic, isn't that when you call women up & beg them for sex?
Posts: 2404 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Korven.
Member # 11013

Exactly!!! You got it man!
Korven.
Member # 11013

So still no one capable of saying something that really matters about this topic ...
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by VanillaBullshit:
Tele-pathetic, isn't that when you call women up & beg them for sex?

I was going to say it's someone who sounds pathetic on the phone.

OK you're funnier than me.

[Frown]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
krishna
Member # 12633

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for krishna     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i'm more into tel-a-vision. the first thing you do is turn on the power. what do ya see? you may have to change channels, but just keep tuning in, you'll get the picture. so, what do animals think? dogs never wake up in the morning and say, "god, i have awful breath! gimme some certs or i won't be able to lick anybody all day". cows don't think,"let's see, where can i crap. no, not there the farmer might step in it, not here, i might step in it. awww hell, i'll just hold it.". cats don't think, "i know i'm not supposed to crap in these rose bushes, but i jest can't help myself. sooooooo i do it anyway. i wonder if there are any support groups for something like this". racoons do think if one makes it across the road, they can all make it. NOT!

--------------------
when you see a sacred cow..milk it for all it's worth

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com