EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Marina

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marina
Member # 11766

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am told Marina is the place to be in the summer.
It apparently has great accommodation,style,class,great beaches and clean sea?
Women can swim in normal bathing costumes and not be harrassed?
Anyone been?
Know of any good short term villa/apartment rentals?
Views from western women who have been much appreciated also.

Cheers.

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello satanmademedoit
I've just came back from Marina this morning, I have spend 3 days there and this is my impression.

Yes you can swim in normal bathing costumes and not be harassed, and the beaches are very very nice, I never seen any sea as bleu as the one in Marina, and the water is so clear.It is also very clean but the beaches’ and the sea is the only thing I liked there.
Other than that is a very artificial place full of very superficial people the street are so clean and people so quiet that is scaring. I was wondering if people there were under drugs or something like this as is not very common to see such boring quiet place in Egypt, usually there are more movements and people are likely to be more active.

At night, there not many attractions expect some cafés where people smoke shisha and watch movies it may be some night club somewhere but I have not seen any.
In Porto Marina there are also some very nice cafés, but basically there are the same as the ones in Cairo with the same type of people cafes are: (Chilly, Alain le Notre and other). There are not a lot of local restaurants where you can enjoy some local food, expect a fish restaurant in Marina 3 but with nothing special. There are not many daily activities too expect if you want to rent a jet sky ( 500 LE ) an hour.

Regarding renting a villa I was there with some friends who had a time shared of 2 weeks so I can’t really tell you any price but I was told that is very expensive as well as going to the hotel.
That was my impression of Marina but I am sure that many non superficial people enjoy going there for a week or tow and it depends of what you are looking for, and which kind of activities you like doing, also I forgot to add that Marina is also a very expensive place, especially a place there name Porto Marina.

Hope that information would help.

Chiao

Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lemonspice always advertises a villa for rent in Marina for a hundred pounds a second or something. Where is that link? (I'm lazy [Cool] Thank you)
Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cheers for the info Souri.

I am hearing conflicting reports so I guess we will have to visit all the same.

Am told there are some top notch dining establishments. You never saw them?

Also,is it actually a marina? Can yaughts be moored there?

Is it expensive as is allegedly one of the elite areas of Egypt?

Cheers again..

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by satanmademedoit:

Views from western women who have been much appreciated also.

I quite like it. Went to a friend's private villa though, so I didn't check out any restaurants etc.
The beaches are beautiful. I was to one beach that was completely empty except for our small group of people, and I also went to one of the *young, hip & elite" beaches, which, to my surprise, was better than I expected. Despite the fact that I was the only European on the whole beach, nobody stared at me ... which, I thought, was great. [Smile]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Oscar
Administrator
Member # 12823

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Oscar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marina is a very nice place.Most of the privaate beaches overthere are with membership and there are some other beaches and lakes you can go without being a member sort of public beaches.

If you can enter La Plage that will be awesome as this is the best private beaches in Marina where most of the celebs go there.

Enjoy

Posts: 7 | From: Egypt | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Oscar:

If you can enter La Plage that will be awesome

That was the one I went to. I liked it but wouldn't want to spend every day on there, I prefer quiet beaches.
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com