EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » MODERATORS? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: MODERATORS?
eshtadiva
Member # 13742

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eshtadiva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried to send this to the contact but it would not go through...
It seems to me that there should be some moderation being done on the forum..the disgusting language used is really bad. People all over the world read this, I'm not saying you have to delete discussions that are "challenging" but I do think there should be some censorship with the language...
Really is a big turn off to people that want to learn about Egypt. I don't even suggest this site anymore to people.
Thanks,

Posts: 68 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree. It's becoming increasingly bad and offensive and nothing seems to be done about it. [Frown]
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really don't get it either.
It could be SUCH a great place to exchange info, help when needed, offer wisdom, exchange recipes, talk bout Religion (nicely, kindly, and patiently), and it seems to just trigger SUCH anger in some members. From what I have seen(and I know that I am a rookie here), there seems to be a LOT of past fights between different factors here, and they just don't wanna forgive, forget, and move on.
its a shame - because some really really good topics are brought up, and then totally destroyed by some with agendas that I am not privy to.

I just get so damn tired of some of the language, and attacking that goes on and none of the moderators seems to care that their forum is being destroyed.
maybe the solution is to get more moderators involved, so that more eyes will be watching for problems??? Maybe from various time zones, so that it can be jumped on immediately. Then a 1,2 3, strike you are out, kind of a thing?
I dunno.........just a thought.

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we going to have Muslim mods, Christian mods,Jewish mods, atheist mods, buddhist mods, north american mods, canadian mods, european mods, south american mods?

What will be the criteria.. I would hate to be kicked off of ES because of a atheist or a Quraniyoon didn't like me. Or because the South American was jealous of the North American.

Do you see the point?

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Josette
Member # 12613

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Josette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stop whining! If you don't like it don't read it or go start your own forum. I think most of us are adults here and we do not need people telling us how to behave.
Posts: 833 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SITS you are incredible.

Your last comment is exactly what this thread is about.

If you look up racism in the dictionary your name will be there as the explanation.

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Somewhere in the sands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:
SITS you are incredible.

Your last comment is exactly what this thread is about.

If you look up racism in the dictionary your name will be there as the explanation.

Ha ha ha! I believe I and others here make a valid point regarding this issue..

You sound racist,have some islamophobia in your blood or do you hate north americans too btw.

Posts: 2342 | From: Its not where I'm from but where Im going | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Josette:
Stop whining! If you don't like it don't read it or go start your own forum. I think most of us are adults here and we do not need people telling us how to behave.

yeah why do we need mods anyway?
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't hate anybody on the grounds of their religious or national affiliation.

Just because I didn't like your last comment - you make me a muslim hater? Isn't that a little bit extreme?

Maybe I just don't like you on the grounds of your personality.

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Anthropos:

Maybe I just don't like you on the grounds of your personality.

So based on that I would disqualify you as a mod.
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by eshtadiva:
I tried to send this to the contact but it would not go through...
It seems to me that there should be some moderation being done on the forum..the disgusting language used is really bad. People all over the world read this, I'm not saying you have to delete discussions that are "challenging" but I do think there should be some censorship with the language...
Really is a big turn off to people that want to learn about Egypt. I don't even suggest this site anymore to people.
Thanks,

The moderators can ban people from the site, it has been done before. However, it would seem that they can come back under a different user name. Maybe they could have a function that when certain words are typed that are possibly offensive then they could be blanked out or the other alternative is to turn a blind eye to them and don't read [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The mods now ban via IP address but that doesn't stop anyone if they want to come back...proxy/different IP address...that's life.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by With a name like Smuckers:
The mods now ban via IP address but that doesn't stop anyone if they want to come back...proxy/different IP address...that's life.

I don't have a fixed IP address (walhamdulillah) and I like to use proxy anyways like socks!

Being a former mod I know the secrets.

soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Miss Sharm - nice to see you! How are you doing?
Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It isn't really much of a secret anymore.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

quote:
Originally posted by Vader:

Yeah smucks let the cat out of the bag [Razz]
Miss Sharm
Member # 12405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Sharm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by soozi:
Hey Miss Sharm - nice to see you! How are you doing?

Hi soozi, I am good thank you, have been busy with work and study, couldn't even find the time to post on ES [Big Grin] How are you? x x
Posts: 1244 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
soozi
Member # 11108

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for soozi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm really busy too - sold my house and moving away soon (its not what you think - I'll PM you with more info!! [Big Grin] ).

Its all a bit frightening, but hey, all things worthwhile are worth taking risks for!

Happy new year!

Posts: 836 | From: UK | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Well maybe for you [Big Grin] , but I have no idea what is meant with proxy/ different IP addresses.
Don't we all have just ONE IP address?? [Confused] [Confused]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yowza
Member # 14400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yowza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some go through a proxy IP.
Posts: 198 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liar_Lanie
Member # 14540

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liar_Lanie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by desertgirl:
quote:

Well maybe for you [Big Grin] , but I have no idea what is meant with proxy/ different IP addresses.

No if each ISP had to assign a static IP address to each client/customer they'd run out rather fast.

So if its a home connection your IP address could be different every time you log on.

For corporate accounts (employers who don't filter internet access) its a private IP address which wouldn't show up on ES's webhoster's network monitoring system. They'd have to ban an entire IP classs, which could effectively ban an entire corporate campus.

Posts: 1455 | From: debtville | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Yowza:

Thanks Yowza, I feel even more stupid now. [Wink]
But it is ok... [Big Grin]
Proxy IP, is this something I want for my birthday this month??

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somewhere in the sands
Member # 13869

If you google the following words: Proxy IP and socks you should come up with links that will give you software that you can dl to change your IP address..how's that?

--------------------
'Abdullah bin 'Umar said, "Allah's Apostle (صلى الله عليه و سلم) took hold of my shoulder and said, "Be in this world as if you were a stranger or a traveller."

Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Reality_Meanie:
quote:
quote:

No if each ISP had to assign a static IP address to each client/customer they'd run out rather fast.

So if its a home connection your IP address could be different every time you log on.

For corporate accounts (employers who don't filter internet access) its a private IP address which wouldn't show up on ES's webhoster's network monitoring system. They'd have to ban an entire IP classs, which could effectively ban an entire corporate campus.

ahhh ok, now I understand... Thanks! [Smile]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

You be t3h total geek. [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yowza
Member # 14400

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yowza     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yowza:

Thanks Yowza, I feel even more stupid now. [Wink]
But it is ok... [Big Grin]

Yes. [Big Grin]
Posts: 198 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG What are you guys talking about?

(not to worry - never too old to learn hahahaha)

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
[Big Grin] I'll wrap you up a "proxy ip" for your birthday Markeba [Big Grin] .
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[Big Grin] I'll wrap you up a "proxy ip" for your birthday Markeba [Big Grin] .

Hahaha You have no idea when my birthday is! Hahaha

(what is "proxy ip"? [Confused] *nervously scratching her head*)

Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Proxy IP is something you and me don't have, Makbeta, but we do own bikinis, right?? [Big Grin] [Wink]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Google google. Not that proxy ip means anything. hehe
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Off Topic: Daver, will you ever SPELL my name correctly?! [Mad]
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
ooh sorry Makbeta, I confused you with someone else... it is habeeby who owns 43 bikinis. [Big Grin]
Sorry! [Smile]

Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
quote:
ooh sorry Makbeta, I confused you with someone else... it is habeeby who owns 43 bikinis. [Big Grin]
Sorry! [Smile]

I NEVER wear a bikini. I'm too shyyyyy. [Roll Eyes] [Wink]
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Makbeta:
quote:
Sorry! [Smile]

I NEVER wear a bikini. I'm too shyyyyy. [Roll Eyes] [Wink]
hummm shy this weird what are you shy from if i may ask

amr

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Prying eyes! [Wink]
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quote:

ooh sorry Makbeta, I confused you with someone else... it is habeeby who owns 43 bikinis.
Sorry!

Desertgirl i love my bikini's and i almost live in them when i am in Egypt so this is why i need so many - ahhhh a girl can never have too many bikini's [Big Grin]

Makbeta what are you shy of? There are so many people on the beach and in the pool wearing bikini's that it is usually the person who does not wear the bikini who will stand out and therefore be looked at [Smile]

Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Wow, so it isn't the person with the huge boobs that gets stared at [Wink] ?
Alchemist
Member # 12318

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alchemist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just by you Lord Vader.
Posts: 1879 | From: Going to Graceland | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
No one can tell with my helmet. [Razz] [Razz]
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Habeeby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leito this is only if you are on the beach or by the pool [Big Grin] I think maybe some daring lady shoud teach you a lesson and stare at your winky to see how you like it [Roll Eyes] I think maybe it will shrivel up ad try to hide [Razz] [Big Grin]
Posts: 1797 | From: By my husband's side | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
I'm quite confident about my body actually. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Maybe you are Leito but still i am sure you would not feel comfortable about women staring at your winky? [Big Grin] Although, when i think again i am not so sure about this in your case! Maybe YOU would want women staring at your winky [Razz] [Big Grin]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
I'm sure my wang wouldn't mind at all. [Big Grin]
Habeeby
Member # 14429

That is exactly what i thought - you exhibitionist you [Eek!] [Eek!]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Spandex [Wink] .
Habeeby
Member # 14429

Oh no please Leito you have given me such a freaky image in my mind - Spandex and a big blue ball! [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
You remember the color of my ball. GHEY!
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
The colour of his ba**s ... OMG Somebody help me!! [Roll Eyes]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
No, not those. My ball!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com