EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » visa confusion

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: visa confusion
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys

Last year i bought (like the previous year) my 1 year visa and paid about 92 LE. Last friend my german friend here went to the visa office and bought her 1 year visa and they charged her 300 and something [Eek!] Has there been a huge increase in these prices [Confused] im wondering cause next month i have to go renew my own...

Also another thing. What can ya guys tell me about the recidense visa: Requirements, prices etc.

Thanks loads [Big Grin]

Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seabreeze
Member # 10289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seabreeze     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I paid 203.10 for my residency visa, that was in 2005 (it expires in 2010). I don't remember what the requirements were though, I received mine from being married to an Egyptian citizen.
Posts: 13440 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got my 5 year residency visa 2 years ago and it was I think around 250le.

You can get 3 year or 5 year residency visa if you are married to an egyptian.

All you do is take passport and 3 photos, marriage certificate and fee.
We went late to do it so decided to pick it up a week later but I think if you go early they give it later that day??
Its done at Mogamma

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well when I went to the Mogamma in February to renew my multi-entry the 1 year visa fee was still showing as 92LE (or thereabouts). I guess its possible they have gone up lately. Have to renew mine at the end of June so will find out for sure!

If you're not married to an Egyptian, it can be quite difficult to find out what you are entitled to in residency terms. There are some financial / property owning / investment criteria which can get you a 5 year visa. Also, there is another condition - if you have lived here at least 10 years, have independent income and are over 60, and I also read one that said if you have lived here 5 years, have independent income and are over 50.

But, for every window in the Mogamma, there is a different story about the prevailing conditions.

Unless you're married to an Egyptian you can't get Egyptian rates in hotels etc which appears to be the only advantage to being here on other than a 1 year touristic visa! I don't think the 5 year visas allow you to work? You still need a work permit for that.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey oldbag u know im married to an egyptian.. Well anyway the reason why i would like to get the residence version is to get the fair prices everywhere.. its just muc easier..

Well ill try and bring what harankash said (thanks by the way [Big Grin] )

Does no one know current prices? 250 LE seems very cheap for 5 years (wouldnt be bad though) [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When you all say Mogamma, what exactly do you mean? What is the title of the agency or government building? Where exactly is this located? Thank you.
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for FairyDust     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you have a phone number for this place?
Posts: 333 | From: USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happy in love
Member # 12547

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for happy in love     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife needs one, Wht visa is best for her as she will stay here in Egypt.
Wht price will we pay?

Posts: 205 | From: egypt | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FairyDust
Member # 7138

Member Rated:
Also, how do you get the lower prices? Do you ask before the reservation and what proof do they ask for?
Member # 14248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *********     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mogamma is the government building in Tahrir Sq where they process the visa's amongst other stuff.
1st floor for visa's.
Before you go upstairs to to the photo booth on the ground floor and buy your mugshots and make 2 copies of your marriage certificate and passport info page to save time.

Phone number............like you expect someone to answer!! [Big Grin]
too many sandwiches to eat and gossip to chat about!

HIL if your wife is staying for more than a year or two get the 5 year residency visa.

FD
if you want Egyptian prices you just show them your passport or marriage certificate at the ticket desks.

Posts: 3416 | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com