EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Short Summer Trips

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Short Summer Trips
jimifoster
Member # 15116

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimifoster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will have a friend with me when i get to cairo in august and want to take him to see places besides just cairo/alex. any ideas?
only requirements:
must be cooler (as in literally) than cairo
must be non airplane travel
must be awesome

Posts: 16 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You could look into getting a sleeper train to Luxor, this is cheap and it is worth a visit. You could pick up a cheap hotel too. A friend and I did this but we flew and Luxor was as cheap as chips. This is not a cooler option though [Frown] The Valley of the kings and the Temple at Karnak are pretty awesome. And their is a mummification museum which appealed to my morbid side [Smile]

Ain sokhna as opposed to Hurghada could be fun, a nice beach trip without the hiked rates... you can actually commute back to Cairo in an hour or so need for a stop over either...

I wanted to do a balloon ride in Luxor but missed it, that would be awesome...

Erm...camping in Sinai...

Aswan is a great place too but the more south you go the more you will roast ya nuts off!!!

I don't know what would float your boat. I mean you can try getting an extended fellucca trip and sail down the Nile at night if you wanted.

I am actually just posting all my wishes now!

i am not helping am I. Sorry.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimifoster
Member # 15116

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimifoster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, those are good tips, thanks.
i'll probably look into the sinai and hit up petra.

Posts: 16 | From: United States | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com