EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » 7 similarities between egypt and turkey

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 7 similarities between egypt and turkey
handan23
Member # 15479

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for handan23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hi all:))
let's write 7 similarities between turkey and egypt!! can we do this:)let's try thenn

This poll has been moved to another forum.

Posts: 44 | From: istanbul | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WOOOO! I voted 7 similarities.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both have Dogan's and Shahin's (cars).
Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader:
WOOOO! I voted 7 similarities.

shhhhh Vader, it has to be anonymous [Big Grin]
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Similarities???
Lots of tourists visit both countries in their holidays. [Razz]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 10 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 Majority is Muslim
2 Mostly Men are pounchy [Big Grin]
3 Mostly Women are haunchy [Big Grin]
4 Both of them in the list of the most populous 20 countries of the world, that means they are alll horny [Big Grin]
5 Turkish Riviera=Red Sea (you got what I meant) [Big Grin]
6 Both love baklawa
7 Don' have addiction to Nutella like ussss DG!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
handan23
Member # 15479

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for handan23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wanna talk about the architectural of both countries.they have to be similar as well cause of history.and as i heard there are some streets which names are turkish.right?and also i wonder smt as i see the pics of egypt buildings i noticed smt.the buldings have no color.why?they look dusty..why are not they painted or why are they always grey?
Posts: 44 | From: istanbul | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
handan23
Member # 15479

Rate Member
by the way,one more similarity:
belly dancing:)))

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Handan, there is a street name Lazoghly [Big Grin]

They use 'afandim' frequently and the foods are almost the same. It s the only Muslim country that loves Turks too much and has no problem with Ottoman period.

Yes there are buildings from Ottoman Architecture but as you say need some restoration.

Buildings may look dusty but it dosent bother me.

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
handan23
Member # 15479

Rate Member
he he.it does not bother me as well.but it felt me so so strange.it is same in syria.no color.
by the way they say tamam:) and they say tayyip for smt:))) it is told me that they know hasan sas very well.he he.and we have really common foods.we have smt in my hometown named kahke.and they have smt similar to it.and plus to the similarities some words used in the east of turkey (by me and my family) are same again.eg:days(hamis,erbaa,sep..)for example for parsley in my hometown we say bahdeniz and in egypt they say bakdunes or smt like this:))

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
more similarities:

qahwa turki [Big Grin]
shisha = narghile

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Handan, Egyptian men love Turkish women [Wink]
They say, they are beautiful like Spanish women, have almost the same sense of humour and modern Muslims [Razz]

So you see your boyfriend has too many reasons for choosing you [Big Grin]

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by handan23:
he he.it does not bother me as well.but it felt me so so strange.it is same in syria.no color.
by the way they say tamam:) and they say tayyip for smt:))) it is told me that they know hasan sas very well.he he.and we have really common foods.we have smt in my hometown named kahke.and they have smt similar to it.and plus to the similarities some words used in the east of turkey (by me and my family) are same again.eg:days(hamis,erbaa,sep..)for example for parsley in my hometown we say bahdeniz and in egypt they say bakdunes or smt like this:))

Don´t mess with Syria,huh? [Mad] [Wink]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Sash her hometown is nearer to Syria, just 1 hour [Wink]
But honestly Syria's architecture is better, especially the new Allepo is very nice.

handan23
Member # 15479

Rate Member
i have said nothing wrong about syria [Mad]
i mess nothing with nothing.i said what i see.is smt wrong to talk about the architecture???

handan23
Member # 15479

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for handan23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat':
And Handan, Egyptian men love Turkish women [Wink]
They say, they are beautiful like Spanish women, have almost the same sense of humour and modern Muslims [Razz]

So you see your boyfriend has too many reasons for choosing you [Big Grin]

hmm i guess yes they love turkish ladies.but i have an egyptian girlfriend and she loves turkish boys.i will marry her to my brother [Big Grin] i know few egyptians and they are quiet well.but a bit angry [Wink] and sometimes too jealouss he he no problem.they are also too compassionate [Wink]
ViVa Philip Morries
Member # 15245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVa Philip Morries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
more similarities:

qahwa turki [Big Grin]
shisha = narghile

I am grateful to the turks because they introduced both here especially shish.
Posts: 211 | From: alexandria | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massenburg2008
Member # 14767

Icon 1 posted      Profile for massenburg2008         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When Egyptian pop meets Turkish

Hisham Abbas - Ya Habibi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU5i10Sf8Zg

Posts: 698 | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
handan23
Member # 15479

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by massenburg2008:
When Egyptian pop meets Turkish

Hisham Abbas - Ya Habibi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU5i10Sf8Zg

[Big Grin] and sounds of many songs are similar.for example amr diab's song w7ashtiny's song is same with the sound of ebru gundes' song hayatta basarilar diliyorum
handan23
Member # 15479

Rate Member
does anyone have opinion about the egyptian marriage tradition? about wedding party,family's meeting( but islamic or religious wedding tradition:))
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Both screw tourists

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

You mean Turks & Egyptians Yorkie??
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never been harrassed in Turkey during my 2 trips there as i've been in Egypt.
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
I've never been harrassed in Turkey during my 2 trips there as i've been in Egypt.

agree sash, never been harrassed in turkey [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shah, do you have an equivalent of 'orfi' marriage in Turkey??
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

No Tiger, we don't have anything like orfi. Everybody is free to sleep in the same room or walk on the streets. Only 1 legal marriage done by the governorship. People do religious marriage as well if they want.
But if somebody says that he s married with a woman with only religious marriage, it's a crime.

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Something makes me think this orfi is an Egyptian thing. [Roll Eyes]
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

There is something called Moutaa marriage????
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Nikah mut‘ah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikah_Mut%27ah

Misyaar Marriage

http://delhi4cats.wordpress.com/2008/06/17/misyaar-marriage-what-is-it-and-who-would-want-it/

handan23
Member # 15479

Rate Member
quote:
No Tiger, we don't have anything like orfi. Everybody is free to sleep in the same room or walk on the streets. Only 1 legal marriage done by the governorship. People do religious marriage as well if they want.
But if somebody says that he s married with a woman with only religious marriage, it's a crime.

sharazat dear
what does this orfi marriage mean [Roll Eyes]

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

It s a marriage done by a lawyer. In Egypt, you cannot stay in the same room with your boy friend without marriage. Some people say they cannot walk in the streets either as police can stop and ask if you are married or not.
So when they have that orfi marriage paper, they can stay in the same room or walk peacefully.
But you don't have legal rights as a spouse with that marriage.. I hope I ve given right info [Smile]

handan23
Member # 15479

Rate Member
hmmm [Roll Eyes] thank you dear.this is another kind of imam nikahı i think.so i can not meet my boyfriend in egypt without a marriage [Big Grin]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
It s a marriage done by a lawyer. In Egypt, you cannot stay in the same room with your boy friend without marriage. Some people say they cannot walk in the streets either as police can stop and ask if you are married or not.
So when they have that orfi marriage paper, they can stay in the same room or walk peacefully.
But you don't have legal rights as a spouse with that marriage.. I hope I ve given right info [Smile]

.....or watch movies at home together [Big Grin]
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bazooka, police won't stop you and ask you if you're married. That just doesn't happen.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Now here´s a huge similarity between Egypt and Turkey,their tourist gigolo hunks [Big Grin]

Check this very good movie,¨Turkish Passion¨,based on the Spain author Antonio Gala original book titled ¨La Pasion Turca¨.

Very passionate recomended reading [Wink]

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/26481/turkish-passion-2dvd-spanish-release/

cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sashy . . . [Roll Eyes] . . . lol!!

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by cbrbddd:
sashy . . . [Roll Eyes] . . . lol!!

Did you read the book or see the movie,crbdd?
handan23
Member # 15479

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
Now here´s a huge similarity between Egypt and Turkey,their tourist gigolo hunks [Big Grin]

Check this very good movie,¨Turkish Passion¨,based on the Spain author Antonio Gala original book titled ¨La Pasion Turca¨.

Very passionate recomended reading [Wink]

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/26481/turkish-passion-2dvd-spanish-release/

aha i made a search about this film.and it is said to be good.i will watch it insalah
[Big Grin] but i could not understand its relation to egypt [Roll Eyes]

karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Egypt + Turkey eat Shawurma.
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
handan23
Member # 15479

Rate Member
they both eat musakka and babugannus??
mkhasen
Member # 15388

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mkhasen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see only similarity both have stuffed grape leaves: dolma/warak enab. Btw, I wander why there are no Turkish restaurants in Cairo. I missed Turkish food so much, the best in the world.
Posts: 19 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's one in mohandessin (hope its still there) called Ataturk..off Shehab towards Gameat el dowal.
Another similarity is tavla=tawla, ancient architecture is similar in both,mashrabeya,faskeya(fountain),diwan,haramlek,salamlek,mosque interiors,kobkab,turkish baths,also many popular arabic songs are stolen from turkish ones..linda linda and el eyoun el sood and many others.

Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

quote:
Originally posted by mkhasen:
I see only similarity both have stuffed grape leaves: dolma/warak enab. Btw, I wander why there are no Turkish restaurants in Cairo. I missed Turkish food so much, the best in the world.

Somebody wants to open one too much [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Adoula
Member # 2346

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adoula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, generally speaking the closest kitchen to the Egyptian taste would be : The Turkish one.

--------------------
Better to understand a little than to misunderstand a lot.

adoula777@yahoo.com

Posts: 544 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com