EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » new but not new (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: new but not new
Member # 15549

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 100100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, at last i decided to join , i have been reading all the stories , i didn,t like it sometimes , so i gave myself a chance to join , if i don,t like it i will disappear again , i guess there is many nice characters here
Posts: 10 | From: American - Egyptian | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning, there are so many nice characters here. I hope you find them to chat with.

What brings you here? [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It can be a nice place. Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad! Welcome to you.
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15549

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 100100     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know there is always nice characters , there also bad characters, i,m in egypt , back after years , i just wanted to share everything about egypt with all of you
Posts: 10 | From: American - Egyptian | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool, where in Egypt are you? Are you American?
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15549

Member Rated:
i,m american , was born in egypt , but lived in the states for 16 years,then Egypt
HandsUpHandsDown
Member # 15410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HandsUpHandsDown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't believe it one ounce. Your spelling is decidedly UNamerican on the other thread.
Posts: 246 | From: but one life to live | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think most of the posts here are faked persons made up by some dudes or hired ppl sitting in a room just to fill this site with stuff about personal behaviour and experiences in Egyptian life ..the resulting material is then fed into a data-based unit on daily basis to get some sort of evaluation of Egyptian minds..so its a guinea pig thing all in all at the end...no need to bother about true identity, since everything here is faked..except for like 10% real ppl.with a life.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe 10% is too positive...
But how ould you consider the rate of 'real' people in your own society? How sure are you about that nice friendly neighbour, that decent schoolteacher, that old uncle who seems to have nothing in his life? We know an expression that every house has its own cross, which means that behind the doors we all have our secrets. And it should be, because most of the time it isn't anybodies business. So, also in real life people are not who they pretend to be, on an internetboard it will be even higher.
We can be totally wrong about the person behind the anonymous nick, and I think there are enough people who intentionally appear this way.
I often wondered about the average level of education here. Almost all seem to be highly qualified, with one or more degrees behind their names. But excuse me, I don't recognise it in the average post...
In real I know very well how a professor, engineer or doctor will behave in conversations, even when they are foreign. There still is a kind of universal language, common behavour regarding educational level. Excuse me, I don't recognise it here...
So, right here people are the one they'd like to be, maybe a kind of "wished but don't forfilled" attitude. Like parents are putting pressure on children wanting them to get the carreer they failed to have for themselves...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
Almost all seem to be highly qualified, with one or more degrees behind their names. But excuse me, I don't recognise it in the average post...
In real I know very well how a professor, engineer or doctor will behave in conversations, even when they are foreign. There still is a kind of universal language, common behavour regarding educational level. Excuse me, I don't recognise it here.

That's exactly my point,as it seems to me,that being a professional means having no time to post as much as thousands of posts,unless they've got nothing else to do at work..I cannot tell if anyone here is genuine,with few exceptions who are 'REAL' people and are seeking help and advice,but back to the rest who are just asking questions to keep the ball rolling,I feel are just sitting doing nothing in life,or as I assumed piled up in some smoking joint loading up the data into the main frame.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the name changing is confusing me!! [Confused] [Confused]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for advocate     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we maybe have a list of old names and then current names do you think? [Smile]
Posts: 1917 | From: WALES | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Advocate, why should anybody with 'normal' intentions change their nickname all the time? I can imagine losing a password or don't feel connected to a once chosen name anymore, but all the time??? There have to be backlaying thoughts behind that...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well i'm 1% of the 10% real [Big Grin]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh wow, mass patronising. How exciting.

quote:
I often wondered about the average level of education here. Almost all seem to be highly qualified, with one or more degrees behind their names. But excuse me, I don't recognise it in the average post...
In real I know very well how a professor, engineer or doctor will behave in conversations, even when they are foreign. There still is a kind of universal language, common behavour regarding educational level. Excuse me, I don't recognise it here...
So, right here people are the one they'd like to be, maybe a kind of "wished but don't forfilled" attitude. Like parents are putting pressure on children wanting them to get the carreer they failed to have for themselves...

Shall we all judge this post for sentence structure, grammar and content?
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Because you never share your real thoughts, and describe yourself as rather pedantic and even correcting pronunciation, I won't take this seriously. [Wink]
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Ah, so all your errors are acceptable and I am just being pedantic (or just correct if you ask a perfectionist) yet you judge others educational levels based on their posts.

I understand how the system works now. [Big Grin]

I do correct pronunciation, what of it? I was brought up to 'talk proper' lmao...

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
You described yourself as pedantic, madam, I didn't. So, I am only using your own words...

I am not native English speaking, have been raised with another language.

If you'd read carefully, you should understand where I am talking about; not the grammar, or the sentence structure, but the content of the posts, the level, the class. I named it common behaviour regarding educational level.

And you don't have to agree...it's my opinion, nothing more as that...
It only means that I don't believe 90% of what has been said here...

--------------------

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Madam lmao...

Pedantic is not a negative term, there is nothing wrong with being precise. In fact I would envisage that most people with degrees or with a certain level of of education would take pride in being pedantic.

I think if you are to patronise people or question their integrity, honesty of intelligence it would be better to do it with precision as at first I thought it was a joke.

I certainly agree there are many people on here masquerading, but there are also a lot of genuine people who are clearly intelligent and not actually failed themselves and I would categorise them as intelligent.

I don't think education necessarily gives a person class or the ability to construct an arguement of a high level or with solid content.

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Education doesn't give a person class, but a person who is intellegent enough, is sharing opinions in another way as somebody who is not that intellegent. In common, they will not consider a negative remark about nobody in person ( so, in common) as personal. They would react contentually instead as defensive.
I wasn't talking about somebody but just in common. That can't be considered as patronising. It just is a simple conclusion regarding what I've read here for the last years.

--------------------

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can take a guess as to who our "new" member is. I recognize the way of typing and the speech very well.

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:
Education doesn't give a person class, but a person who is intellegent enough, is sharing opinions in another way as somebody who is not that intellegent. In common, they will not consider a negative remark about nobody in person ( so, in common) as personal. They would react contentually instead as defensive.
I wasn't talking about somebody but just in common. That can't be considered as patronising. It just is a simple conclusion regarding what I've read here for the last years.

I have no idea at all what that meant.
stefaniaprague
Member # 15397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stefaniaprague     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mysticheart:
I can take a guess as to who our "new" member is. I recognize the way of typing and the speech very well.

who mysticheart? how are you girl [Smile]
Posts: 326 | From: Prague | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
quote:

I have no idea what you are trying to say there other than your negative remark about nobody was not intented to patronise anybody and I am not intelligent because you feel I was defending everybody - who shouldn't have felt patronised in the first instance as your negative comment that was aimed at nobody in a nice way was based on your conclsions over the last few years!

Wow... I need a drink

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Then leave it! My remarks were picked up by some who understood and by one who didn't. Maybe it's because of my limited language-skills, maybe it is because of something else. In all cases it isn't worth to waste half a day on persons who seem to misunderstand each others posts.
Just consider it as abacadabra, that's also okay by me...
Have a nice evening!

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by stefaniaprague:
quote:

who mysticheart? how are you girl [Smile]

Well lets take a good look at the writing:

Hi all, at last i decided to join , i have been reading all the stories , i didn,t like it sometimes , so i gave myself a chance to join , if i don,t like it i will disappear again , i guess there is many nice characters here

Ok the immediate thing, and the strongest telltale is the puncutation, the didn,t, don,t,
the next is the i guess there is,

here is a post to compare it with:
Hi all , thanks for your concern , we are already safe , we have just been together with my family , and actually her phone doesn,t have a good signal there , that,s why i was using her phone . coz i know where to find the signal at home , anyway thanks for your concern , we are safe , and hopefully we will begin the marriage procedures sunday , pray for us , she will say hi too now

Amazing similarities huh? I mean even the spacing between each , is the same.

This is the dear ex husband.
I have gone through and read all of this persons posts and every one of the posts contain the punctuation but also his sentence structure.
For those of you that want to take the time, go back and look up the posts by master_mind or nile_pharaoh... also sleepless and mr_x... if you look at all of these you will find the exact same way of writing and speech in all of them.

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Cool.. three people commented and one third questioned it lol...

I am real... of this I am certain.. or am I??? [Big Grin]

stefaniaprague
Member # 15397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stefaniaprague     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown]
Posts: 326 | From: Prague | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
I just do not get why people think to make fake id's and come on here. It makes sense that if you are going to do that you would at least change the way you put words or type, otherwise you do not fool anyone. Why cant people just stand up and admit who they are and stop pretending to be who they are not or someone completely different.

--------------------

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Seems like a pointless excercise in the grand scheme of things!
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I just do not get why people think to make fake id's and come on here. It makes sense that if you are going to do that you would at least change the way you put words or type, otherwise you do not fool anyone. Why cant people just stand up and admit who they are and stop pretending to be who they are not or someone completely different.

Yes MH, being a troll requires smartness. We have smarter ones here but people smarter than them can easily understand who is under that name [Roll Eyes] [Razz]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15549

Member Rated:
This is just me , i didn,t fake any names but you always forget the main subject , Good bye for ever,
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 100100:
This is just me , i didn,t fake any names but you always forget the main subject , Good bye for ever,

Done
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advocate
Member # 13367

Member Rated:
I have always been me! [Big Grin]
miffmiss
Member # 14978

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for miffmiss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If i changed names i would have to go through the whole "building up relationships" thing again and that is far to much like hard work.

Besides i like my name. My childhood dogs were called Miffi and Missi so it reminds me of them

Posts: 1710 | From: we come in peace | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lumos
Member # 14589

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Lumos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Funny, MH, but any time I have made such an observation about trolls, you have been one of those who usually jump right in to defend them. I happen to agree that the mask thing is ridiculous and easily exposed. If Momen is doing this, it isn't right. He is perfectly capable of posting as himself.
Posts: 1157 | From: Censor - Edit - Delete, but you will never take away my FREEDOM! | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramses nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cheekyferret:
I have no idea what you are trying to say there other than your negative remark about nobody was not intented to patronise anybody and I am not intelligent because you feel I was defending everybody - who shouldn't have felt patronised in the first instance as your negative comment that was aimed at nobody in a nice way was based on your conclsions over the last few years!

Wow... I need a drink

ok, now let me try to get this right,
Everybody was walking down the street, he ran into Somebody, they both decided to go visit Anybody but when they got there they found Nobody. So three of them Everybody, Somebody and Nobody stayed together in Anybody's home.
Does this kind of capture the situation?

Please pLease plEase do NOT take this personally. Ignore my education or lack thereof.

Have a nice weekend with every/any/some/nobody

Rn

Posts: 444 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
[Big Grin] Funny.
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh well, he didnt stay around to long did he, we could have given him a chance.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramses nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by yorkshire rose:
Oh well, he didnt stay around to long did he, we could have given him a chance.

OOOH gracious goodness!!
You've missed an apostrophe and you used "to" in place of "too".
Now what does that say about your education, shame on you!

hmmm, I wonder how many mistakes I made in those sentences. Shame on me!

Posts: 444 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15549

Member Rated:
Haha,again Momen cheer up Mystic another chance to attack Momen, bad luck this is not Momen, becuase i,m not your stupid X i,m not as dum as he is and please get over it and get a life and stop exposing your stories to everybody it is not entertaining anymore it is a silly joke
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
One advantage: we are all that much overdosed with that Momen; facts, figures, pictures etc. that any member immediatly starts to run and hide at the moment he shows up.
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im a bad speller, i know, i just cant find a way to get the apostrophe.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 15549

Member Rated:
the most amazing thing about ES members is the way they attack someone then in a minute they leave the whole subject then they defend the same person . i,m not Momen despite i pity him now ,one more question ??why did you attack me in expressing myself and my spelling and you forgot the subject we were discussing http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=002120
it was nice disscussing an issue and get to know the reasons for it instead of getting back to a member who disappeared only God knows where he went.i bet he is reading the thread and i wonder why he doesn,t react!!!!!!

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Lumos the only time i defend is if i know for sure that the person is not who you are saying. Tina was not chimpsy, is not still. That is the reason i defend.

As for you 100100, please, nice try, but you are not fooling anyone. Sorry but when you start out the posts with the exact same Hi all, and the exact same spacing before and after your ,'s and you always put the, instead of ' in your words. and on top of that your wording is exactly the same grammar, its obvious.
you always always use the comma instead of the ' , and you say Hi all, out of habit most times.
Grow up and stop trying to pretend that you are new here, but not new. I can go through to all of your id's and copy paste and match them exactly with this "new" id of yours....
Please Momen, havent you had enough of playing people.
Either way, doesnt matter to me that you are back in this forum, have a blast here, just be man enough to admit who you really are instead of hiding behind a new name.

Member # 15549

Member Rated:
Hahaa, ok so you say i,m Momen and if i,m Momen why i should hide you are the one who needs to grow up and try to keep your secrets for yourself and get this idea out of your mind or don,t it will always upset only you
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
I, for one, have no secrets. I live my life openly with nothing hidden, and I do it for a reason. This way there is no way that anything that i have done can come back destroy my future as a supposed secret. And no, the idea in my mind will not upset me in the least because it isnt worth being upset about at all, i have moved on in my life and with the behavior you displayed in the end, i have nothing to regret in not having you as i would never want to be tied for life to someone that behaved as such.

--------------------

master_mind
Member # 11874

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for master_mind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stop talking about me i have been reading from time to time this nonesense and when you find a chance you always talk and talk this is not me i have nothing to hide anymore and i have no time to post on egyptsearch and you know this stop attacking and go on your life if you really like it i don,t understand such mentality . you always judge people and assume something in your mind and weave stories about it .
what a perfect character you are and what a very low person i,m .
wake up you knew 4 guys in 2 years i don,t say you are bad but you don,t know what you want or what you need you always feel useless without ANYBODY in your life that,s why you got married few days after your divorce you are that kind of person who enjoys being tortured and enjoy feeling that people will appreciate that you are still alive and holding ,nobody cares .you need to forget and learn from you mistakes and i will try to find a way to fix what i ruined in my life .stop making such a scene -all your friends commented on your behaviour nobody trusts a secret with you your friend trusted you and you have been talking about her and Yanal without her permission and and and , please leave me alone

Posts: 111 | From: somewhere on earth | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by master_mind:
stop talking about me i have been reading from time to time this nonesense and when you find a chance you always talk and talk this is not me i have nothing to hide anymore and i have no time to post on egyptsearch and you know this stop attacking and go on your life if you really like it i don,t understand such mentality . you always judge people and assume something in your mind and weave stories about it .
what a perfect character you are and what a very low person i,m .
wake up you knew 4 guys in 2 years i don,t say you are bad but you don,t know what you want or what you need you always feel useless without ANYBODY in your life that,s why you got married few days after your divorce you are that kind of person who enjoys being tortured and enjoy feeling that people will appreciate that you are still alive and holding ,nobody cares .you need to forget and learn from you mistakes and i will try to find a way to fix what i ruined in my life .stop making such a scene -all your friends commented on your behaviour nobody trusts a secret with you your friend trusted you and you have been talking about her and Yanal without her permission and and and , please leave me alone

Momennnnnnn....whoaaaa! [Eek!]

*pulls chair and gets comfy waiting for the show to start*

Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
master_mind
Member # 11874

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for master_mind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I JUST FELT VERY PISSED OFF I HAVE BEEN READING THIS FORUM FOR AWHILE AND I DECIDED TO REMAIN SILENT DESPITE ALL THE **** BEING SAID ABOUT ME I DIDN,T WANT TO DEFEND MYSELF BUT PLEASE TELL HER TO STOP
Posts: 111 | From: somewhere on earth | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com