EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How Long Have You Lived in Egypt?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How Long Have You Lived in Egypt?
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious which members live here and how long.

I moved here 6 years ago this past June.
Lived in Cairo (Heliopolis)the first six months, then in Alex (Asafrah) for 4 years, and now on the North Coast.

How about you?

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh really you live permanently on the North Coast? It's beautiful, but I always thought of it as more of a vacation spot than a place of permanent residence.
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
malak
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for malak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lived and worked from 96 to 2001, but bought property during this time so moving back in a few weeks time!
However seems like I have never been away, visit 2-3 times a year family and work.

Posts: 288 | From: UK | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
Oh really you live permanently on the North Coast? It's beautiful, but I always thought of it as more of a vacation spot than a place of permanent residence.

It's becoming both 7ayat. Alex is moving west, and some who just got fed up with the congestion of the city are moving out.

I always wondered why so few live out here, slowly but surely some are catching on to how much nicer it is for year round living.

Posts: 3291 | From: I DO believe in Karma! | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yorkshire rose
Member # 12072

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yorkshire rose   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im living here 1 year tomorrow,
Lived in cairo for the first 2 months and then Alex miamy the rest of the time.
A real eventful year, married 2 times, to the same man may i add, lost baby,went bankrupt heheheheheh, and well well see wht the next year will bring.
Im still happy to be here and this is the main thing.

--------------------
Alison Faragalla

Posts: 4149 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Living here 5 years this past July and all the time in Luxor. Sometimes it feels I have lived here for ever and other times it seems just yesterday. Enjoy every second

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
been about 2 and a half years.
time sure does fly !

Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kokanee
Member # 15510

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kokanee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have lived 2 years in Cairo...back to Canada, and am heading back to Cairo in two days!
Posts: 49 | From: Canada/Egypt | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Supercalafragalistic
Member # 15631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Supercalafragalistic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've only lived here about 6 months. 4 months in Sharm doing the normal tourist work and 2 months in Cairo. Not sure if we're going to settle in Cairo or Sharm yet though. But i will never do animation work in Sharm again!!!!
Posts: 1248 | From: my sex is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
since 30th april 2007, thats 15 months, all of it in Luxor.

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lynn
Member # 887

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hard to believe, but I've been in Alex 20 years, 3 months and 10 days!
Still love it and wouldn't want to live anywhere else!

Posts: 143 | From: Alexandria, Egypt | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Momma_Dukes
Member # 14252

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Momma_Dukes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
do all you girls speak arab well?
Posts: 2757 | From: YOU CAN ONLY SEE WHAT I CHOOSE TO SHOW, THERE IS SO MUCH MORE YOU JUST DONT KNOW | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hmozachsown
Member # 14872

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hmozachsown     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow I had no idea you all had been there so long! YR congrats on the 1 year anniversary! I wonder what will happen to me in the comming year, lol.
Posts: 172 | From: Cairo/Ismailia | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lynn:
Hard to believe, but I've been in Alex 20 years, 3 months and 10 days!
Still love it and wouldn't want to live anywhere else!

Wow! 20 years! That's a lifetime! Tell us more about your life in Alex! [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
garfield
Member # 10258

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for garfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will be here 10 years in October. 9 months in Cairo and the rest of the time in Hurghada. My dream would be summer in America and winter in Egypt. Speak enough Arabic to get by..but still damage it so better not to speak it..hahhhahahahh
Posts: 91 | From: Egypt/Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kokanee
Member # 15510

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kokanee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I speak abit....but need to learn more.
Posts: 49 | From: Canada/Egypt | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Young Pharaoh
Member # 15607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Young Pharaoh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
25 Years
Posts: 143 | From: Inside My Head | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lived and worked there for almost 4 years, in Hurghada.... spoke enough Arabic to 'get by' .. had a wonderful lady teacher!
Moved away to live in USA in December 2006.
Planning to spend this winter in Hurghada and Dahab.

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think anyone can beat me 31 years.
Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kate-england
Member # 14873

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kate-england     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was it that made you want to move to Egypt in the first place, because when i say i want to move there people automatically say i bet you just went on holiday there and thought it would be the same to live there, so what other way can make you want to live there without trying it out on holiday?

--------------------
Kate

Posts: 48 | From: England | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura
Member # 879

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kate-england:
What was it that made you want to move to Egypt in the first place, because when i say i want to move there people automatically say i bet you just went on holiday there and thought it would be the same to live there, so what other way can make you want to live there without trying it out on holiday?

I moved here Kate, because this is where my (husband to be) lived. He was well established here, though Palestinian, and had no desire to move to the states. So this is now home for me, for ever and after.
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've lived here 11 months now and wouldnt want to live anywhere else despite those moments when I would do anything to get out of here! All of it in Luxor.
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com