EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Moving to Egypt permanently without a job -- is it allowed?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving to Egypt permanently without a job -- is it allowed?
- Ken -
Member # 15676

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for - Ken -     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a 20 year old Belgian citizen and I'm considering buying a property in Egypt and starting a life there. I make money with an onlin business so I figure I wouldn't need a work permit? Does anyone know if I could apply for a visa?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imagine
Member # 11591

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for imagine   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes you could... no problem..
Posts: 712 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. But don't think starting a company is easy because it's Egypt! I think the whole process will be even more difficult, just because it's Egypt!

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matron
Member # 4902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for matron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just come in on your normal tourist visa and then you go to the Visa office and complete the form, hand over you money and voila you have your visa for a year. No problem at all.

Good luck.

Posts: 155 | From: Planet Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
- Ken -
Member # 15676

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for - Ken -     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I'll keep my existing company since there's no need to start an Egyptian company?

How about 5-year visas - are those easy to get or is it easier to renew the short term visa annually?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never heard of a 5 year visa for Egypt.... but a yearly one is very easy to renew..... it takes half a day.
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matron
Member # 4902

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for matron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can get a 5 year visa if you own property over a certain value. The property has to be registered. I have also heard that after you have renewed your one year Visa 5 times, you can then get a 5 year one. Don't know if this is true or not or whether the rules have changed yet again. Will try and find out for you.
Posts: 155 | From: Planet Egypt | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com