EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » A difficult task

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A difficult task
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've got some old contacts in Cairo which I want ro revive.

Around the year 2000/2001 the first three digits of phone numbers within the Cairo vicinity changed.

Can someone provide me a link so I can look up the new digits??

The old numbers started with 360**** (Mohandseen) and 341**** (Zamalek).

I am already aware that seven digit numbers changed last year into eight digit ones but I am having difficulties to figure out the step before.

Help please. TIA. [Frown]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Add 3 at the beginning for Giza which includes Mohandiseen - so you'll have 3360****

Add 2 at the beginning for Cairo which includes Zamalek - so you'll have 2341****

I don't know anything about numbers changing around 2001 but you can try this website which lists telephone number changes worldwide since 2000.

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey thanks for your reply. Yes I am aware of last year's change and also of the website.

But there was another change few years ago which covered the whole Cairo area and this change is not listed on the link. F.e. the Mohandseen number changed from 360 to 7** something like that. They forwarded me their new number but I lost it. Well if I can't find any info on that I just have to wait for a couple more months and make a surprise visit!!

I did send an inquiry to Telecom Egypt but as far as I am aware of I can't call their hotline number from outside.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tango
Member # 10829

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tango     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
call 140 and tell them the old number and they will give you the new number.
Posts: 108 | From: Cairo | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I don't live inside Egypt that's the problem.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com