EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Taking Transavia from Hurghada

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Taking Transavia from Hurghada
_picoSam
Member # 12100

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for _picoSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all, I found very cheap tickets online using transavia.com to Paris. Is it okay for an Egyptian to fly from Hurghada to Paris using Transavia though? I think it's a low-cost carrier. Is there a difference between those and charter flights? Cause I'm sure Egyptians cannot take charter flights from anywhere to Europe, but they can always take scheduled flights. The funny thing is that the website (transavia.com) allows you to book from Hurghada to Paris but never from anywhere in Egypt to Amsterdam! I still cannot explain this.
Posts: 3 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always fly from Amsterdam to Hurghada (and back of course [Big Grin] ) with transavia.com. It is cheaper indeed but the service is excellent. The girls wear ugly green skirts but that's just a detail of course. lol [Big Grin]
The food on board is yummy and they sell like all kinds of nuts. Also delicious!
Have a great trip! [Smile]

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_picoSam
Member # 12100

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _picoSam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes but are you Egyptian or a foreigner? And does your flight originate from Cairo or Amsterdam? If it originates from Cairo, then how do you buy it? I say so because on the website it's impossible to book a flight that originates from Cairo except to Orly (Paris).

Thank you,
Sammy

Posts: 3 | From: Cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NotSleeplessInCairo
Member # 8452

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotSleeplessInCairo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sammy,

In Hurghada (and possibly Sharm) there was a law that stated nobody could leave on a charter flight from these areas if they had been in Egypt for more than 2 weeks. The only way they could leave was using a scheduled flight. This applied to Egyptians and foreigners.

The law has been around for ages but about 4 years ago they decided to enforce it and were turning people away from the airport even though they had purchased tickets. It happened suddenly and I don't know what the situation has been since then.

At the time, travel agents were advising people to fly from Cairo because I don't think the rule applied there.

Posts: 815 | From: London and the other | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just looked... from Paris to HRG on 9th Nov...1 euro.
Taxes etc. a whopping 100 euros.
I hate taxes!!!!
We're trying to find a cheap way to get from Atlanta to HRG via London for the winter.... Ther's no such thing as a cheap flight any more!!! [Mad] [Mad] [Mad]

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by _picoSam:
Yes but are you Egyptian or a foreigner? And does your flight originate from Cairo or Amsterdam? If it originates from Cairo, then how do you buy it? I say so because on the website it's impossible to book a flight that originates from Cairo except to Orly (Paris).

Thank you,
Sammy

I am not Egyptian. My flight originates from Amsterdam. Sorry, can't help you. [Frown]
It is indeed not possible to book a flight from Cairo to Amsterdam.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GM44
Member # 13971

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for GM44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try Jetair, to Belgium.
http://www.jetairfly.com/en/index.php

You can book a one-way ticket from Cairo or Hurghada, also when you are living in Egypt.
For Egyptians, I don't know, please contact Jetair.

Posts: 264 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Heyy, I happen to live in that small country called Belgium [Smile] , it is possible for Belgians to fly to Cairo/ to Hurghada from Brussels but not for Egyptians from Cairo/ Hurghada to Brussels. [Frown]

GM44, interesting link! [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com