EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » New Law: Maximum Tourist Visa Extension 3 months! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New Law: Maximum Tourist Visa Extension 3 months!
ma 'amaltuhoosh
Member # 15639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma 'amaltuhoosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Average Thick:
It's about time. There are way too many parasites in Egypt, time to get rid of them.

Many parasites in Canada too.

I exposed your profile on clubforum.com (or something similar, I have it saved in a file somewhere) in which you had a photo of yourself in swimming goggles.

So you've done the same. Actually amr's is far more tame than your profile. .

By the way where is your wee wee-shot?

Posts: 313 | From: Between yuppies and chronics | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that was so funny i left you dedicated comment there [Smile]

sono please edit your post thanks [Smile]

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ma 'amaltuhoosh
Member # 15639

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ma 'amaltuhoosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by He who laughs last didn't get it:
that was so funny i left you dedicated comment there [Smile]

sono please edit your post thanks [Smile]

How's that for editing?

Even my 4 year old nephew is allowed to say "p***s" [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 313 | From: Between yuppies and chronics | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pressure makes diamonds
Member # 14028

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pressure makes diamonds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no need to get all angry posts will be deleted in short time so avoid getting in the middle
cheers

--------------------
Give a man a fish and he eats for a day. Teach him how to fish and you get rid of him all weekend.
-- Zenna Schaffer
Some folks are wise and some otherwise.
-- Josh Billings

Posts: 1499 | From: Dark Side of the Moon | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ma 'amaltuhoosh
Member # 15639

quote:
Originally posted by He who laughs last didn't get it:
no need to get all angry posts will be deleted in short time so avoid getting in the middle
cheers

Hey I am staying out of this ugly mess.

I was attempting to use sarcasm to be funny.

You haven't spent 60 some hours with a four year old boy who makes up songs to include "p***s" in every chorus. At the dinner table more talk about his little friend, new bicycle from grandma which he has to mount and unmount carefully or he'll hurt his "p***s", his two year old brother swings a t-ball bat within 6 feet of him and his brother could miss and hit him.....

In 15 years he'll be taking shots and putting them up on the net as most college boys do..... [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

south_london_male
Member # 3917

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for south_london_male   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NSIC if you can read arabic or can find some one who can read arabic for you then read the last part of this article in today's Elakbar news paper , the article is written by one of the very famous writers in Egypt
http://www.elakhbar.org.eg/issues/17606/1302.html

Posts: 1373 | From: London | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just saw this - via Luxor4U discussion thread
update Egyptian tourist visa

(Brief visit by me - having a life [Big Grin] - well doing my Self Assessment tax return today in fact [Frown] [Wink] )

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMR ES MOD?? WOO HOO HEHEHE
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
p666ats
Member # 8566

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for p666ats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friends went to the visa office in Hurghada on tuesday and they were given a new 12 mth visa and also a 6 mmth re- entry no problem.

--------------------
Patsy

Posts: 104 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is truly strange. Why people receive different treatment??
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thought I'd pass this on, as I feel somewhat vindicated to see this written by a body with authority, after so many people have told me that there haven't been any recent changes, even after checking with Mogamma. It still doesn't explain the discrepancies in applying the rule though, other than to say this is Egypt.

Egyptian Residency Visa Requirements

U.S. citizen working in Egypt are required to obtain a work permit through their employers and accordingly are authorized residency in the country. The Egyptian Immigration Authority has recently authorized the issuance of a temporarily tourist visa for only three months for working foreigners to finalize their residency status. All Foreigners applying for work, study or training permit, and staying longer than 30 days, require HIV/AIDS testing. Dependents, spouses and children aged 15 or older are subject to the same requirements.

http://cairo.usembassy.gov/consular/Newsletter.pdf (See the top of page 6)

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
N, when you went there, did you tell them you were working before they said you could only have 3 months, because this talks about working foreigners.
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, I just showed them my passport and from that they would have known that I had had tourist visas for about 5 years.

The only thing that would have indicated that I could be working was that I am of working age and I obviously had some means of support, but they had no means of knowing where that came from nor did they ask, up to the time that they told me about the 3 month rule - it could have been from anywhere, an allowance from somewhere or income from overseas, but neither of those things would have qualified me for residency.

What they are asking for is for a legitimate reason for residing here, and for people to apply for a residency permit, under the conditions that they have laid down. As they said to me, I had to prove that I had a (lawful) reason to stay here.

Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com