EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » How much can people living in Egypt bear?? (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: How much can people living in Egypt bear??
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader-:
Lol, I don't mind, I like it where I'm at now.

Are you still where you were before or have you moved from there ? [Wink]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
el_ka
Member # 15174

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for el_ka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dzosser:
el_ka here's a vet's clinic contact in case you need to save a dying kitten or puppy in Marina..010-3060820. saw it written on the wall while taking the U turn to gate 3. [Wink]

thanx for the info [Smile] !
is this night colder than yesterday or what???

Posts: 103 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kalila : )
Member # 14517

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kalila : )         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vader-:
Nope.

[Big Grin] [Razz]
Posts: 3945 | From: ' Res Contr ' Amor non es guirens, lai on sos poders s'atura | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
el_ka
Member # 15174

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for el_ka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mira Sol:
I too plucked a tiny sick kitten off the streets in Asia. I had to leave it when I went to work and then spent 2 hours trying to find a medicine dropper to feed her with (language barrier proved insurmountable and I finally found childrens tylenol with a dropper) she didn't make it through the night and I was devastated.
The only thing you can console yourself with is that you provided a few hours/days comfort to a lost little soul. That is more than many stray pets get [Frown]

it's true mira sol, it is devastating but thinking about giving her some comfort for few hours makes me feel better.
Posts: 103 | From: cairo | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ?????:
quote:
Ok. I am pretending that the condescending tone is just a function of having English as a second language.

I am not in the least hostile toward you as a person. Just you internet persona. Trust me no need to pity me.

And yes. I think that I am quite clear that everyone forms opinions about everyone.and that was my point to begin with.

Wise words: when you can't be kind at least try to be vague.
I will have a pass on your future posts ?????
And try to be a little more vague with my own opinions.

Fair enough?

You are clear and I have to be vague??? [Confused] .0
Condescending? If you think that the tone of my messages perhaps sounds more condenscending as I intented to do so, because English isn't my native language, WHY making remarks that are sounding JUST AS condescending???
Wise words??? Wise words under threat of your behaviour regarding MY futurious posts???
Maybe your definition of 'wise' is different as mine, but I certainly dón't consider you posts regarding me as 'wise':
Dictated or guided by wisdom; containing or exhibiting wisdom; well adapted to produce good effects....
With all what has been written, I don't think the intention has been producing good effects...how can I???

You, ?????, clearly write like a non-native english speaker and it takes a little bit to read your posts, then to think about what you are trying to get at, in order to understand what you are trying to express in english.

Mira's snotty, condescending and despicably mocking tone is self-evident.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
quote:
quote:
Ok. I am pretending that the condescending tone is just a function of having English as a second language.

I am not in the least hostile toward you as a person. Just you internet persona. Trust me no need to pity me.

And yes. I think that I am quite clear that everyone forms opinions about everyone.and that was my point to begin with.

Fair enough?

Condescending? If you think that the tone of my messages perhaps sounds more condenscending as I intented to do so, because English isn't my native language, WHY making remarks that are sounding JUST AS condescending???
Wise words??? Wise words under threat of your behaviour regarding MY futurious posts???
Maybe your definition of 'wise' is different as mine, but I certainly dón't consider you posts regarding me as 'wise':
Dictated or guided by wisdom; containing or exhibiting wisdom; well adapted to produce good effects....
With all what has been written, I don't think the intention has been producing good effects...how can I???

You, ?????, clearly write like a non-native english speaker and it takes a little bit to read your posts, then to think about what you are trying to get at, in order to understand what you are trying to express in english.

Totally agree!
Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abo tito
Member # 16199

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for abo tito   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Type : Studio
Size : 50 , 65 Sq.m
Description : Sea View & Back View
Price : Starting from 15000 $
Down payment 4000 $
The Rest Credit from 6 : 12 Months

http://www.miraseaview.com/s001.html

for more information contact

MIRA SEA VIEW
Hurghada - Red Sea
El Kawther - Beside Metro Market
+20100014422
+20653451505
http://www.miraseaview.com
sales@miraseaview.com

Posts: 31 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You're the one making fun of Muhammad PBUH, he's a prophet and messenger of God and not what you think, making fun of him ''IS RUDE'' you know.

She didn't make fun of him at all, her question was entirely valid. It would be appalling to believe the above quote was coming from the mouth of a prophet of God.

It would be more *respectful* to the prophet to recognize that this sort of comment is disgusting, rather than attacking someone rudely because of a valid question.

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you think those two posting nonesense about Muhammad Pbuh in attempt to disgrace him come in peace ?? Its clear that one throws in the bait and the other responds to pull attention at the drivel they post.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snapdragon:
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
quote:
quote:

Fair enough?

Totally agree!
You call unborn babies bastards, privately email people’s ex’s to try to convince them that they are not the father, you decide you want to follow one member around because you didn't like how she expresses herself (a total joke considering the name calling you do), and now you are jumping in on a discussion at someone who I don't think has really said anything to you. Jesus Christ, what do you do when you are not on a computer, bully school children for their lunch money??
Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we all continue to attack people because of what once has been said or done, in every single topic, this board is doomed.
I have a suggestion: Private objections to other persons because of the reasons mentioned above, can be discussed on-topic in a special topic, on MSN, by PM, etc.
That will keep the topics clean.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vader-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who wants clean topics ? Not me fo sho.
Posts: 6335 | From: Straight to my heart. | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile] Ah, you want to them as dirty as possible???
Like an intercultural version of the Jerry Springershow, probably???
I can understand you like it, Vader, a lot to laugh about with your friends, and perhaps it even makes you wiser. But this is not what it is meant for...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Makbeta
Member # 14401

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Makbeta     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I just think members here will behave as they feel/want to - whether it means being nice, funny, blunt, etc. That's just the way it is...
Posts: 2807 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for weirdkitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most of the thread has been a bitchy feast- if you want something to stay on topic, instead on moaning at people who are not (which really just adds to the problem)- why not try posting something to do with the original topic?
And yes, I will forever remember the witch that called my son a bastard, and who thought it her right to PM my ex and try to convince him he was not the father (based on zero evidence, but just because she felt like randomly attacking me)- and I will bring it up when she is accusing people of things she is the queen off.
An open forum is meant to be an open forum- not where one person can dictate over other peoples conversations, despite the fact that they are not adding anything to the original conversation either.

Posts: 2573 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vader-
Member # 14189

Member Rated:
quote:
[Smile] Ah, you want to them as dirty as possible???
Like an intercultural version of the Jerry Springershow, probably???
I can understand you like it, Vader, a lot to laugh about with your friends, and perhaps it even makes you wiser. But this is not what it is meant for...

Lol @ laugh about it with my friends, my life isn't that sad dude, I just come here when I'm at work and bored.

Go suck a duck, you need it.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it is not just egypt that has trash try goin to mexicali..they have so much trash and not a pot to piss in...they use out houses and thats another story.. my friend fell in hahahaha...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
At the risk of taking this off topic... If the duck says no, wouldn't that be considered rape? Or, can you buy a dead duck in the market, and do all the sucking you wish...

--------------------
Another one....

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by el_ka:
i decided to post this because lately for me life in cairo became unbearable.
i live in an area in cairo called mohandessin, which is considered by most egyptians as being high class and renting or buying flats in this area can be quite expensive. what i wonder is how much worse a low class area will look like if mohandessin is this bad?
here the parking area, which right now extended 2 more lanes in the street, is full of fancy cars and my street full of expensive shops but also the dirt here makes the place look like a garbage hole. each time i get out into the balcony i look on the roof above the ground floor and i feel like screaming. it's decorated with women's used pads, plastic bottles, empty pizza boxes, plastic
bags and anything a person might consider garbage. if i look from the other window i find the intersection blocked and drivers honking till their fingers hurt and then they give up for half a minute or so. besides the fact that the cars here make the air so polluted also there is beggars or bawabs that sometimes burn garbage in the street and they make an awful smell, then the noise the cars make just drives me insane, especially the shurta car that can wake the dead.
each day we go down and at any given hour the streets of mohandessin are blocked with cars, when we return home there is no parking place so we have to go around searching for a place to leave the car, sometimes parking it few streets away from our building.
if sometimes because of all this "zahma" i decide to walk then i will be annoyed by men in the streets because they stare like hell and always have something to say. then if i need to cross the street i better recite the shahada before, that's how crossing the street is in cairo.
when i first came here i thought that im so lucky to live in a muslim country, to hear the calling for the prayer daily, to eat halal food, to be able to go to a restaurant and not have to worry that my food was cooked with pork or the cream in my cake might have alcohol. also i thought that because men are muslims they will never harass women in the street or cheat women. now i don't feel that im in a muslim country anymore. where is the muslims in this country?? i found that lately harassment here is worse than in non muslim countries.
when i go shopping for vegetables there is no prices written so i have to argue with them most of the times because they want to give me a higher price. sometimes i buy a product from the pharmacy just to realize at the end that it's not even the real product.
the list can go on and on but at the end of the day i am married here and i can't leave so what can i do not to go insane??
i want to ask egyptians why people here are dirty like this? why they like to ride fancy cars and throw garbage in the street right from their car's window? why people here lie a lot and cheat a lot? why they call themselves muslims but they are not muslims in fact???

A lot of why's, and a lot what seems to be different as you expected. Maybe it is because of the expectations that you are having problems now. What made you think Cairo should be a celan city, without a traffic problem and honking cars everywhere? The harassment is well known, so why is this a surprise for you?
Didn't you visit Cairo before actually decide to live there? What made you choose for an appartment in Mohandesseen instead of a more quiet and clean area?
It is like the people who buy a house in the near of an airport and then complain about the sounds of the airplanes...
Living in a city, the biggest city of Africa, a city that is facing thousands of problems, brings negative and positive side-effects. When you don't want to hear honking cars, you have to look for a house far away from Cairo. When you don't want to be faced with men making sexual tainted remarks, you can A. choose for a city where you don't understand the langauage or B. go and live in a enviroment with females only.
ll what you are complaining about, are simply the negative aspects of living in a city in Egypt. You will find the same in Alexandria, in the Red Sea area's, or in any other city enviroment in Egypt.
A village will probably feel worse, because there you have to spend your days at home...

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
If we all continue to attack people because of what once has been said or done, in every single topic, this board is doomed.

then this board has been doomed since I have been here at least [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OOOO WK... that is just typical of some of the bored housewives on here lol... looks like some folk cannot help but PM all the boys [Wink] (you know exactly who you are lol)

At least you know if they are talking about you they are giving the rest of us a break.

Keep up the good work MS... you keep the place alive and kicking. Some folk clearly don't like you becasue you don't talk bull$hit 24/7 [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by weirdkitty:

And yes, I will forever remember the witch that called my son a bastard, and who thought it her right to PM my ex and try to convince him he was not the father (based on zero evidence, but just because she felt like randomly attacking me)- and I will bring it up when she is accusing people of things she is the queen off.

This is a pretty sick thing for another pregnant woman to do. Pretty sick thing for anyone to do actually. I can only assume her own issues may be along the same lines?
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is beyond the realm of normality to be such a biatch in my eyes.

This is a new life you are discussing and most of you folk have never met either WK or her husband yet feel free to be as low as can be with your vile opinions.

Get a life and quit trying to be interesting, it simply isn't working [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
UP.

quote:
quote:
i live in an area in cairo called mohandessin, which is considered by most egyptians as being high class and renting or buying flats in this area can be quite expensive. what i wonder is how much worse a low class area will look like if mohandessin is this bad?
here the parking area, which right now extended 2 more lanes in the street, is full of fancy cars and my street full of expensive shops but also the dirt here makes the place look like a garbage hole. each time i get out into the balcony i look on the roof above the ground floor and i feel like screaming. it's decorated with women's used pads, plastic bottles, empty pizza boxes, plastic
bags and anything a person might consider garbage. if i look from the other window i find the intersection blocked and drivers honking till their fingers hurt and then they give up for half a minute or so. besides the fact that the cars here make the air so polluted also there is beggars or bawabs that sometimes burn garbage in the street and they make an awful smell, then the noise the cars make just drives me insane, especially the shurta car that can wake the dead.
each day we go down and at any given hour the streets of mohandessin are blocked with cars, when we return home there is no parking place so we have to go around searching for a place to leave the car, sometimes parking it few streets away from our building.
if sometimes because of all this "zahma" i decide to walk then i will be annoyed by men in the streets because they stare like hell and always have something to say. then if i need to cross the street i better recite the shahada before, that's how crossing the street is in cairo.
when i first came here i thought that im so lucky to live in a muslim country, to hear the calling for the prayer daily, to eat halal food, to be able to go to a restaurant and not have to worry that my food was cooked with pork or the cream in my cake might have alcohol. also i thought that because men are muslims they will never harass women in the street or cheat women. now i don't feel that im in a muslim country anymore. where is the muslims in this country?? i found that lately harassment here is worse than in non muslim countries.
when i go shopping for vegetables there is no prices written so i have to argue with them most of the times because they want to give me a higher price. sometimes i buy a product from the pharmacy just to realize at the end that it's not even the real product.
the list can go on and on but at the end of the day i am married here and i can't leave so what can i do not to go insane??
i want to ask egyptians why people here are dirty like this? why they like to ride fancy cars and throw garbage in the street right from their car's window? why people here lie a lot and cheat a lot? why they call themselves muslims but they are not muslims in fact???

A lot of why's, and a lot what seems to be different as you expected. Maybe it is because of the expectations that you are having problems now. What made you think Cairo should be a celan city, without a traffic problem and honking cars everywhere? The harassment is well known, so why is this a surprise for you?
Didn't you visit Cairo before actually decide to live there? What made you choose for an appartment in Mohandesseen instead of a more quiet and clean area?
It is like the people who buy a house in the near of an airport and then complain about the sounds of the airplanes...
Living in a city, the biggest city of Africa, a city that is facing thousands of problems, brings negative and positive side-effects. When you don't want to hear honking cars, you have to look for a house far away from Cairo. When you don't want to be faced with men making sexual tainted remarks, you can A. choose for a city where you don't understand the langauage or B. go and live in a enviroment with females only.
ll what you are complaining about, are simply the negative aspects of living in a city in Egypt. You will find the same in Alexandria, in the Red Sea area's, or in any other city enviroment in Egypt.
A village will probably feel worse, because there you have to spend your days at home...

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
How rude lmao... we were having a conversation then!
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

And yes, I will forever remember the witch that called my son a bastard, and who thought it her right to PM my ex and try to convince him he was not the father (based on zero evidence, but just because she felt like randomly attacking me)-

No!! She did not!!!! [Eek!] [Eek!]

I truly think some people should mind their own business on here. That's just sickening to read. [Confused]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
UP.

quote:
quote:

of course she visited Cairo before she moved and of course she knew about the traffic but putting up with it for a week or two is very different to living with it 24/7!

Cant you see the whole point of her post is that this is NOT how she expected a MUSLIM country to be??? The same is for me and many others who choose to live here, and we cant all choose WHERE in Egypt we live, its not that simple, NOTHING here is that simple.

Yes its great hearing the mosque call to prayer, yes its great having halal food and not having to ask if its halal, but its not great when you expect a certain behaviour BECAUSE this is a Muslim country and that doesnt happen. It takes a while before it comes to light in this way but I totally agree with what el ka is saying. its a disappointment that we are led to believe Muslims are clean (and their personal hygeine IS) but the rubbish in the streets shows that this does not go beyond their own hygeine. There is a total disregard for other people here. Where I am I dont have the cars honking 24/7 but I do have innumerable gas men with their spanners bashing away on the gas cans 24/7! I do have weddings whcih go on till 2am, no regard for anyone having to sleep early or being sick or ANY regard for anyone else at all here.

So its not to do with moving or finding a quiet area, this is non-existant in most of Egypt. Its nothing to do with not knowing, it is a little to do with expectations but only in the way of it being a Muslim country.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
So its not to do with moving or finding a quiet area, this is non-existant in most of Egypt.

Egypt got large areas of desert but then again who would want to live there?? It's just not practicable.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
I live in a lovely quiet area... [Big Grin]
Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramses nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
quote:

And yes, I will forever remember the witch that called my son a bastard, and who thought it her right to PM my ex and try to convince him he was not the father (based on zero evidence, but just because she felt like randomly attacking me)-

I truly think some people should mind their own business on here. That's just sickening to read. [Confused]

That is really really scarey [Confused] that's stalking I believe. But how did she know who's your ex, and about your child, etc. It seems you've misplaced your trust.

Time and again I feel surprised that people share private info with complete strangers or with peole who can not be trusted. In all honesty, I'm not attacking anybody as I don't know who you're talking about or even know you, I'm just surprised that's it!!!

Posts: 444 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ramses nemesis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
......or B. go and live in a enviroment with females only.

hmmm, for me that environment is known as heaven [Wink] . Can I book a flat there, no, make that a whole block of flats [Big Grin]
Posts: 444 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
RN.. from experience if you don't post your life story there are always some sad losers very happy to make their own conclusions about you anyway [Big Grin] Always wrong but very funny to read.

Why don't you move to somewhere close to Kolyet el banat in Heliopolis RN... there are THOUSANDS of girls standing in the road there lol... how they never get run over remains a mystery [Wink] They are there all times of day and night as well... that place intrigues me!

Ramses nemesis
Member # 4125

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:

Why don't you move to somewhere close to Kolyet el banat in Heliopolis RN... there are THOUSANDS of girls standing in the road there lol... how they never get run over remains a mystery [Wink] They are there all times of day and night as well... that place intrigues me!

[Big Grin] , I'm not a Cairan so don't know about the place, but obviously the name says it all. But then Ramses is a discerning gentleman who wouldn't fall for anything just because it has, ummm well, a slot between its legs [Embarrassed]

To get to the original topic though, I tend to agree with the original poster. I find Alex much more agreable than Cairo. Whenever you're runing out of fresh air you can just head north from anywhere in the city and you're bound to hit the sea. I'm sorry but I'm not at all fond of Cairo, the crowding and the pollution is too much for me. Whenever I go there I feel like a fish out of the sea!!!

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
After being told I am in ill due to the pollution I am not a fan of the air in Cairo but Sokhna is only an hr or so away [Big Grin] Just something I have to deal with I guess.

I like Alex but only for day trips.. it is a bit too sleepy for me [Big Grin] and it gets cold and rains!

Horses for courses really... [Big Grin] I love the big city.

If you ever come to Cairo I will take you to Kolyet el banat on a day trip... [Wink]

And in it's defense not all Cairo is dirty and scrubby... it really does depend where you go, my area certainly isn't dirty at all...

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Ferret:
After being told I am in ill due to the pollution I am not a fan of the air in Cairo but Sokhna is only an hr or so away [Big Grin] Just something I have to deal with I guess.

Since I was litle I had problems with my airways. And it truly gotten worse in Cairo; one part also was I didn't have the right meds (just a fast acting inhaler).

One night I swear I could have died of an asthma attack. It was a cold foggy November night back in '97. I was breathing so heavily I hardly could tell the cab driver where I needed to go to. Luckily the hospital wasn't far.

Now I am for years on proper medication and I am doing much better.

Air Pollution in Cairo - The Cost

written by Dr.Salah Hassanein

The air pollution in Cairo is a matter of serious concern. The air quality in downtown Cairo is more than 10 to 100 folds of acceptable world standards. Air pollutants that are very high are particulate, hydrocarbons and lead. All are cancer causing agents.

What is the cost of air pollution In Cairo?

The World Health Organization reports that the Air Pollution in Downtown Cairo is 10-100 times what is considered a safe limit. Cairo is in the company of other Cities like Mexico City, Bangkok, San Paulo, Delhi, Tokyo which are among the worst Cities in the World in terms of air pollution.

The US environmental Protection Agency has published Risk data which states that above the safe limit, the risk of developing serious respiratory disease and cancer from inhaling particulate in air (dust & soot and hydrocarbons, heavy metal compounds) is: 2 persons for every 1000. In addition to that, the dispersion factor (how fast the pollutants in the air are dispersed because of the weather conditions like the wind, rain ,air, temperature) makes a difference in the severity of exposure to air pollution.

Cairo has a very poor dispersion factor because of lack of rain and its layout of tall buildings and narrow streets, which create a bowl effect. I don't claim to have accurate data on Cairo air Pollution. There isn't any. I can make a reasonable assumption, that Cairo air pollution is similar to the low range of Mexico City & San Paulo, which we have good data for. I have been to Cairo four or five times in the past two years.

The air is thick, gray and there is a haze over Cairo . The sky is not blue but gray. Very similar to Mexico City and Bangkok. The weather conditions make the dispersion factor twice as bad as Los Angeles, which has good air pollution data.

Assuming Cairo has a population of 12 million, The simple risk calculation comes to the conclusion that : half a million of the Cairo residents will develop in a period of 5-25 years serious health problems (respiratory diseases and cancer ) that will result in premature death. That is one person out of every twenty four persons living in Cairo. That person can be a member of your family, a relative or a friend. This is caused by air pollution due to particulate in air alone.

There are several other pollutants with different risk factors in addition to that such as ozone, nitrous & sulfur oxides and carbon mono oxide, hydrocarbons.,etc. effectively making a deadly cocktail. Assuming that each person will receive medical treatment worth 10,000 Egyptian pounds (doctors, medication ,hospitals over 5-25 years ) the total cost will be 5 billion Egyptian pounds. Here I am not taking into account, the additional cost of lost work days due to illness which impacts on productivity. The cost of replacing the doctors, engineers, scientists , artists and administrators, fathers & mothers.etc I am only considering one pollutant out of more than twenty in the air.

Also I am not considering the combined effects of both Air pollution and water pollution. So in effect, these figures are low by a factor of 5-10 in terms of human tragedy and low by a factor of 20 in terms of economic costs.

Imagine half a million premature deaths and five billion pounds for the Cairo residents alone. This is 10 times the lives lost in all 1948,1956,1967 and 1973 wars . It is equivalent of one jet crashing everyday killing about 1000 everyday of the year for 20 years. That is if the situation does not get worse. Imagine taking 5 billion pounds from the much needed capital for developing, Job creation and improving infrastructure and housing. How many deaths and loss of capital will occur before we wake up and take action?

The government is semi-aware of the problems. We have very good environmental laws. I taught a course in Cairo on how to comply with them. The laws are not enforced because there is no effective monitoring. The rich can always cheat or use his/her influence. The government is busy with another multitude of what seems to be more pressing problems. The people do not know all the facts and the majority are struggling to just live for the day.

Scientists in Egypt are afraid to speak and have adopted a see nothing, hear nothing and say nothing attitude. The irony is that pollution affects everyone from the prime minister to the homeless in the street. All have to breathe the same air, drink from the same source and eat food grown in the same soil.

This, basically is what is happening now. We must do something NOW to reverse this trend. It has to be a sustained long term effort not just a reaction to these facts and then on to the next topic. It will take the collective thinking of many devoted individuals . It is not an easy task but it is doable. To do nothing is not really an option. I personally have lost my only brother to kidney failure and my only sister to breast cancer. Both diseases are related to exposure to harmful environmental conditions.

First we have to agree on an environmental Bill of rights for all Egyptians that states: Egyptians should have the right to breathe clean air, to drink clean water , to eat non contaminated food, to live in an environment free of toxic chemicals like herbicides and pesticides. Egyptians should have the right to access decent and affordable healthcare. They should have the right to work and live and to have their children and grandchildren grow up and live in a healthy & clean environment. Each generation has the responsibility to hand to the next an environment that is the same or better but not worse.

http://www.arabworldbooks.com/articles1.html

Read also here:

Living in Cairo is the same as smoking a pack a day

http://www.alternet.org/healthwellness/65852/living_in_cairo_is_the_same_as_smoking_a_pack_a_day/

Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alexandria's coast line including Egypt's north coast is unbeatable for pure air coming from Europe filtered by passing the whole of the meditteranean sea first hand clean and pure.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Alexandria's coast line including Egypt's north coast is unbeatable for pure air coming from Europe filtered by passing the whole of the meditteranean sea first hand clean and pure.

LF I think you will have to come and join us in Alex for the sake of your health even if we are a bit sleepy [Smile]

But Actually Dzosser there is a strange smell that comes off the sea where we are and I can't work out what it is, whether its because we have a small tributary from the Nile or whether its the petrochemical industry close by. The water looks very clean but I am not sure if its safe?

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

This is a pretty sick thing for another pregnant woman to do. Pretty sick thing for anyone to do actually. I can only assume her own issues may be along the same lines?
No you old hag, I have a husband and I DID NOT go to Egypt to f*** him. I knew him well before we even moved to Egypt and then legally married. I have morals...something you and WK DO NOT have. AND both of my children were conceived in wedlock.

I do not sit here all day and night like the two of you do. I have a real freaking life. I have said this before and I will not respond to anymore of either of your posts. It seems you two have nothing else to do. I gave up on this boring .... yawn.... topic days ago.

WK, I know this doesn't matter now, but if you had not responded to what I was saying to Tigerlilly on the other post about Tina, I would have never said what I had said, but well ...sometimes the truth hurts. It doesn't really matter what I think of you, now does it? Right? So go f*** off!

I will respond to whatever I like, whenever I like and if you don't like it, well that is tough.

Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

quote:
quote:

Really? Maybe you should try that! Talking about Ministry of Common Sense's apartment and how U do not like it and never like that. Who F****** cares what you think???? Miss Cut-n-Paste, thinks she knows it all about Egypt, NOT EVEN having any connections to Egypt whatsoever MOO-MOO!!! I kind of like using that now TL, but only on you. Gosh...
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
quote:

Really? Maybe you should try that! Talking about Ministry of Common Sense's apartment and how U do not like it and never like that. Who F****** cares what you think???? Miss Cut-n-Paste, thinks she knows it all about Egypt, NOT EVEN having any connections to Egypt whatsoever MOO-MOO!!! I kind of like using that now TL, but only on you. Gosh...
u are just an uncooth biatch... get over yrself its obvious ur lonley.. and i bet u have no friends or real life....and noone gives a damn about yr 2 cents too.. o no i wont shut up now.. yr picking un an unborn child u low life crotch rotting biatch....
Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
quote:
quote:
quote:

u are just an uncooth biatch... get over yrself its obvious ur lonley.. and i bet u have no friends or real life....and noone gives a damn about yr 2 cents too.. o no i wont shut up now.. yr picking un an unborn child u low life crotch rotting biatch....
Whatever! Go clean your home. You are filthy...
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
i swear u said u have a life and is never online.. what a damn lier u are... u need to get a life and quit makin crap up about people.and callin unborn kids names.. na dont change the subject and i already cleaned my house twat....now what more can u try and bash me with i am here now to defend myself.. no u have to try and bash me when i cant be here what a stupid person u are....

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Snapdragon
Member # 9036

quote:
i swear u said u have a life and is never online.. what a damn lier u are... u need to get a life and quit makin crap up about people.and callin unborn kids names.. na dont change the subject and i already cleaned my house twat....now what more can u try and bash me with i am here now to defend myself.. no u have to try and bash me when i cant be here what a stupid person u are....

Do the math idiot. 6505 YOU - 484 ME = 6021 difference. Yeah it seems I spend wayyyy to much time on here. And yeah I have been posting since 2005.

BTW, I used to live in Emirates. Great country! BUT your precious Walid will not be able to wait for you another 7 years. There are thousands of foreign women there and one is bound to grab him up when they are actually face to face... You will just be another one of those with a sad sad tale to tell. Maybe he will spare you the heartache Tina and just not tell you. So Sorry.

tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
quote:

Do the math idiot. 6505 YOU - 484 ME = 6021 difference. Yeah it seems I spend wayyyy to much time on here. And yeah I have been posting since 2005.

BTW, I used to live in Emirates. Great country! BUT your precious Walid will not be able to wait for you another 7 years. There are thousands of foreign women there and one is bound to grab him up when they are actually face to face... You will just be another one of those with a sad sad tale to tell. Maybe he will spare you the heartache Tina and just not tell you. So Sorry.

maybe that is how yr husband treated u.. is that y ur so mean... did ur husband leave u for another woman???now i get ya all to well....u cant assume to know walid or anything about him...and u have a few posts on this id cas u probably have many other ids ....so what now....at least u use this one and only id.....

awee am i making u mad.. o well get over it i can careless about u or yrs....u know u and betty n aka elezibeth should be best friends or are yall the same person???

mohkhamis
Member # 9209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mohkhamis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i agree with you ,I advise you go to live in Rehab its quite nice ,organized,take 90 meter flat u will feel fine,Look i married Bosnian and she didnt like Cairo,she liked Rehab ,I live now in Bosnia,every country has advantages and disadvantages,but really if u re outside egypt without job in Europe u cannot even live
life hard everywhere,iam here in moslem country in Europe but people is people everywhere

--------------------
Mohamed Sayed

Posts: 62 | From: Cairo,Egypt | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No you old hag, I have a husband and I DID NOT go to Egypt to f*** him. I knew him well before we even moved to Egypt and then legally married. I have morals...something you and WK DO NOT have. AND both of my children were conceived in wedlock.

I do not sit here all day and night like the two of you do. I have a real freaking life. I have said this before and I will not respond to anymore of either of your posts. It seems you two have nothing else to do. I gave up on this boring .... yawn.... topic days ago.

WK, I know this doesn't matter now, but if you had not responded to what I was saying to Tigerlilly on the other post about Tina, I would have never said what I had said, but well ...sometimes the truth hurts. It doesn't really matter what I think of you, now does it? Right? So go f*** off!

I will respond to whatever I like, whenever I like and if you don't like it, well that is tough.

and I will also respond to whoever I like when I like and how I like you foul mouthed biatch. As for telling Tina to go clean her house YOU need to clean you MOUTH 'lady'

And whoopy do for you meeting your other half in USA or whichever sin city you are from, I met mine in Egypt because he has no desire to leave Egypt, unlike yours that had obvioulsy already got out before you got him.

I have a real life which you know sod all about but my real life obviously keeps me much happier than yours does as I dont need to make myself feel better by coming here and bad mouthing people I dont know, unlike your sad lonely sorry ass self.

Now YOU fook off lady, wash your mouth out and ask whichever God you have to forgive your judgemental sicko biatch attitude.

weirdkitty
Member # 15365

Member Rated:
quote:
Your morals seem few and far between. I am not religious, and don’t believe a person needs to be in wedlock to have a happy relationship (my parents, 25 years without that paper, and only married for legal reasons), so why should I live my life, by your religious beliefs?? I didn’t go to Egypt to sleep with anyone, I can do that in England all I want. I went there, got to know someone, fell in love with them, and then decided to move our relationship forward. Just because we were not married by your guidelines, doesn’t mean we were random strangers.

quote:
That is because when you started attacking, everyone slated you for how stupid your “statistics” were on single parents. You cannot take that people have experiences, and great children, who were born out of wedlock. But you were just talking out of your arse, and so when someone actually puts forward real research, you hide away.

quote:
I said you were immature because you were bullying another member here. You openly said you were going to follow her around just to insult her. I do not stand bullying, and even though I have had clashes with Tina in the past, I would never have a human being treated like that.
And no, don’t give me that rubbish that you wouldn’t say anything if I didn’t- because you emailed Sam ages before I EVER spoke to you. You told him 1) He was probably not the father. 2) I might not even be pregnant, and 3) that I might have lied about taking contraception… What did you base that on?? Oh yes, I remember, the scan I posted you claimed was at least a couple of months along… IT WAS MY TWELVE WEEK SCAN! In England you get a 12 week scan on the NHS, I had mine at 11+2, so, if you have a single brain cell left, do the maths. Yes, I was over two months along, and closing in on three months. I was in Egypt dec 28th- Jan 22nd. Doctors have my due date on Sept 24th, so conception was Jan 1st. Ta daaa. Very simple. I openly said the dates, but you randomly wanted to attack me, and make my ex suspicious (didn’t work though, did it).

For someone who tries to act moral, you have a disgusting manner about you. You have propped yourself on a high horse just because you got married before having sex… well you know what, I would personally prefer to be a good person, than to have a piece of paper that some how is meant to legitimise a relationship. You are seriously lacking in any human compassion and common decency. You are not pious, and not even a half decent human being. Ayisha has more dignity in her little finger, than you manage in your whole hateful body.

--------------------
Another one....

messenger
Member # 15059

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for messenger         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sluts
Posts: 406 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

[QUOTE]Originally posted by weirdkitty:

Since my opinion and comments bother you, why are you still trying to justify and defend yourself? I do not care.... [Roll Eyes]

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com