EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Best place to buy an electric treadmill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best place to buy an electric treadmill
Nora
Member # 807

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Nora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm looking to buy an electric treadmill, my budget is about LE 2000 and I don't want anything too big.

What's a good place to buy a good quality treadmill?

I've already looked at InterSport, and they have one called Human Traction [the guy at the shop said it was a Taiwan brand but made in China] - its for LE1,800.

I've checked Carrefour - not many options there.

Any advice would be great

Thanks!

Nora

Posts: 537 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
City Stars?
Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nora
Member # 807

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are there sports shops in citystars? I don't think I've seen any...
Posts: 537 | From: Cairo | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hyper 1

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
paradise_seekers
Member # 14095

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for paradise_seekers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nora:
Are there sports shops in citystars? I don't think I've seen any...

Actually try a few of the bigger/newer pharmacies, they'll import it for you or know where to get it, they may even have catalogues.

You'll have to be persistent in finding the right one, but there are good pharmacies that will do the job I really think that would be your best option in Egypt.

Posts: 212 | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The internet??
Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nora
Member # 807

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nora     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good ideas, thanks!

I'll try Ezzaby since thats the only pharmacy I can think of that has sports equipment. I'll try Hyper One too.

Nora
Member # 807

Member Rated:
I came across the Elliptical Trainer - it looks like its better than the treadmill for overall fitness:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGLD-0b1LV0

I'm planning to take a look around the shops but has anyone seen this anywhere specific?

Thanks

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes i c in hyper 1 and i can ask 4 the prices if u would like me too but i suggest if u give it a visit urself so u can compare it btween what u seen

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JinJin
Member # 14821

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JinJin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Nora, I am looking also. I think the elliptical trainer is a much better workout than the treadmill.

Last year I was looking for one and was talking to a lady who is a personal trainer and she said unless you buy the professional treadmill/elliptical trainer (around 30,000LE !), they are no good and can cause injuries.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has bought one and the pros and cons involved.

Posts: 83 | From: Egypt | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have normal elliptical for sale if any interested.
Like the ones in Carrfour.

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nora
Member # 807

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by JinJin:
Hi Nora, I am looking also. I think the elliptical trainer is a much better workout than the treadmill.

Last year I was looking for one and was talking to a lady who is a personal trainer and she said unless you buy the professional treadmill/elliptical trainer (around 30,000LE !), they are no good and can cause injuries.

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who has bought one and the pros and cons involved.

What type of injuries? The elliptical doesn't seem like it could cause any serious injuries unless it isn't stable or something, in that case it could tip over - thats just my guess though.

I've looked around a bit, and I found one at a store called Sports Show on Mostafa El Nahas Street in Nasr City - I tried it out in the shop and it felt comfortable and stable [and it felt somewhat fun - a feeling a never get when exercising!]. The movement was smooth and not noisy at all, I just couldn't find any flaws really, other than that I had never heard of the brand [Top Fitness] and its made in China.

Any tips from someone whose bought an elliptical from Egypt would be great

Thanks!

Member # 11766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ..     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Treadmills require a lot of maintenance.
Don't buy one for your home unless you have access to an engineer who knows the appliance and knows what they are doing.
Buying from a gym is more expensive but should give you their fix-it guy's contacts.
You could be wasting your money otherwise.

Posts: 854 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Desertgirl
Member # 12450

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Desertgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a treadmill.
Bremshey Control

I am at work now, so I cannot provide a link. [Wink]

http://www.inspire-fitness.co.uk/categories/bremshey_treadmills.php

Uhhhm, I can [Wink] [Wink] .

It is a good one.
We use it for more than 3 hours a day.

The only maintenance is putting some 'oil' underneath the moving part now and then.

Posts: 2932 | From: Just now and then | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am having exactly this Reebok crosstrainer in my bedroom and I am good if I get 30 minutes on it every day (we don't want to overdo it, right?? [Wink] ) .... watching news of course!! [Big Grin]

http://www.sport-tiedje.fr/reebok/crosstrainer/crosstrainer_itrainer_detail.jpg

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sarah02
Member # 1332

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sarah02     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Posts: 116 | From: Egypt | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nora
Member # 807

Member Rated:
I'm a bit skeptical about buying a China-made elliptical trainer, so I'm trying to get through to this shop in Mohandessin called INTERSIZE but the number I have isn't working for some reason. This place is supposed to have American-made exercise equipment.

Anyone heard of Intersize?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com