EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Every Thursday… (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Every Thursday…
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don’t ask me why we discussed this subject, the Egyptian taxidriver and me, speeding through a hot summernight from Cairo International Airport to my hotel. But the question how many times a week Western people are doing ‘it’, ans how many times the Egyptians.
I think it’s a taboo between journalists to bring up taxidrivers when you want to write about the third world. I think they are right, because if you have to speak English with them, and your observations are limited to them. “Bush..very bad. Obama…maybebad, maybe not very bad” . In the newspaper this would be “Skepticism about Obama dominates Arab world”. That’s a DON’T. But if you are talking with taxidrivers in their own language- which I am able to do, after an inhuman amount of study-the story changes.
The middle of the night in Cairo is the only time without traffic-jams, and a ride from the airport to my hotel takes for about half an hour. Enough time for an animated exchange about….politics? Mwah, then you will hear the same as you will hear in Holland, what has stayed in his mind after his memory filtered what the media offered. Football! As the expressions says: Is football a matter of life and death? No, but it is very important.
And then it takes only a little step to talk about the act, which -untill now- humanity derives from.
Just like me, the taxidriver was in his thirties. Elementary dressed, so: poor, no beard,so unless he should be a real creep who has learned on terroristtraining not to be conspicuous, an average muslim ( I almost wrote: moderate muslim as if a normal muslim should be someone who has moderated his backwardness- that I am not a Nazi doesn’t make me a moderate white either?).
Okay. The taxidriver wanted to know if it’s true that wij, in the West, are doing ‘it’every day.
For a moment there was only silence in the taxi, when that should be possible in a city with twenty million people, packed together and closed in by a dark desert.
I did as if my Arabic wasn’t good enough for an answer, and then I asked: But how many times people are doing ‘it’ in Egypt?
Every Thursday. 
We almost arrived at the hotel, and after I payed, he wanted to know one thing more. He clearly was kind of embarrassed. He held his hands on shoulder-height, waved his hand to everything what was below his shoulders and asked: ‘Is it true, that people in the West… if you… completely naked????’
I nodded Yes en he shivered out of disgustion. But almost immediately he controlled himself because he knew: you have to respect other cultures. That gentleman from Hulanda cannot help it…

© Flying Dutchman

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
I think it’s a taboo between journalists to bring up taxidrivers when you want to write about the third world. I think they are right, because if you have to speak English with them, and your observations are limited to them. “Bush..very bad. Obama…maybebad, maybe not very bad” . In the newspaper this would be “Skepticism about Obama dominates Arab world”.

And that particular journalist had better stuck to this taboo. What do we learn from this little text -- that Egyptians are backward people who think it's disgusting to take off your clothes when having sex?!

[Roll Eyes]

quote:
I nodded Yes en he shivered out of disgustion.
Btw, there is no such word as "disgustion".
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't read that out of this text. I understood that this was just a funny conversation between two people out of two very different cultures. Sorry for the wrong translation of the word; it seems that 'abhor' should be the better word?
Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't get the point here ?? Is this a study on sex in the buff in the terzzo mondo ?? [Confused]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tibe still working
Member # 16647

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe still working   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Don’t ask me why we discussed this subject, the Egyptian taxidriver and me, speeding through a hot summernight from Cairo International Airport to my hotel. But the question how many times a week Western people are doing ‘it’, ans how many times the Egyptians.
I think it’s a taboo between journalists to bring up taxidrivers when you want to write about the third world. I think they are right, because if you have to speak English with them, and your observations are limited to them. “Bush..very bad. Obama…maybebad, maybe not very bad” . In the newspaper this would be “Skepticism about Obama dominates Arab world”. That’s a DON’T. But if you are talking with taxidrivers in their own language- which I am able to do, after an inhuman amount of study-the story changes.
The middle of the night in Cairo is the only time without traffic-jams, and a ride from the airport to my hotel takes for about half an hour. Enough time for an animated exchange about….politics? Mwah, then you will hear the same as you will hear in Holland, what has stayed in his mind after his memory filtered what the media offered. Football! As the expressions says: Is football a matter of life and death? No, but it is very important.
And then it takes only a little step to talk about the act, which -untill now- humanity derives from.
Just like me, the taxidriver was in his thirties. Elementary dressed, so: poor, no beard,so unless he should be a real creep who has learned on terroristtraining not to be conspicuous, an average muslim ( I almost wrote: moderate muslim as if a normal muslim should be someone who has moderated his backwardness- that I am not a Nazi doesn’t make me a moderate white either?).
Okay. The taxidriver wanted to know if it’s true that wij, in the West, are doing ‘it’every day.
For a moment there was only silence in the taxi, when that should be possible in a city with twenty million people, packed together and closed in by a dark desert.
I did as if my Arabic wasn’t good enough for an answer, and then I asked: But how many times people are doing ‘it’ in Egypt?
Every Thursday. 
We almost arrived at the hotel, and after I payed, he wanted to know one thing more. He clearly was kind of embarrassed. He held his hands on shoulder-height, waved his hand to everything what was below his shoulders and asked: ‘Is it true, that people in the West… if you… completely naked????’
I nodded Yes en he shivered out of disgustion. But almost immediately he controlled himself because he knew: you have to respect other cultures. That gentleman from Hulanda cannot help it…

© Flying Dutchman

Its thursday every night then at casa Tibe [Big Grin]
Posts: 1325 | From: For tooti http://www.csa.gov.uk/ | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sorry for the wrong translation of the word; it seems that 'abhor' should be the better word?

Disgust?
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All of Egypt has sex on Thursday night . . . sounds like a whole lot of shakin' going on tonight!!! [Wink]

--------------------
I fell in to a burning ring of fire . . .

Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so what yr saying is egyptians dont get naked to have sex??wtf.....i thought everyone did unless its a quickie...

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ausipeet
Member # 16653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ausipeet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only have Sex on thursdays ????????? Is that then why they close down for Fridays??????? cause there too Knackered to do anything else/////////
Posts: 121 | From: Adelaide, South Australia | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just goes to show you can't trust anything a taxi driver tells you [Big Grin]
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
better put some undies on if i am gonna get me some huh?

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ausipeet:
Only have Sex on thursdays ????????? Is that then why they close down for Fridays??????? cause there too Knackered to do anything else/////////

All of Egypt,specially Cairo let their hair down going waaaaahooooo on Thrusday's nights. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sashyra8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cbrbddd:
All of Egypt has sex on Thursday night . . . sounds like a whole lot of shakin' going on tonight!!! [Wink]

They have sex,offer massage,fetish for feet and all that on Thrusday's night. [Big Grin]
Posts: 3833 | From: here,there,everywhere | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:
so what yr saying is egyptians dont get naked to have sex??wtf.....i thought everyone did unless its a quickie...

Well according to our old friend Sono you have to have a sheet between you with a hole in it so you dont see each other naked.. Strange though I have never seen any sheets hanging on the lines with holes in them LOL
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pink cherry
Member # 13979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pink cherry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:
Originally posted by tina kamal:

Well according to our old friend Sono you have to have a sheet between you with a hole in it so you dont see each other naked.. Strange though I have never seen any sheets hanging on the lines with holes in them LOL
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 643 | From: Over there | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Penny:
quote:

Well according to our old friend Sono you have to have a sheet between you with a hole in it so you dont see each other naked.. Strange though I have never seen any sheets hanging on the lines with holes in them LOL [/QB]
I thought it was the Hasidic Jews that did the hole in the sheet thing! [Confused]
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stayingput
Member # 14989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for stayingput     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To think, all this time I thought Mr. Wonderful just wanted to start the weekend off right....
Posts: 758 | From: Here. There. Everywhere. | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

damn I missed it [Frown]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
damn every thursday i take out my trash ooo what a boring life i live//

--------------------

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's true, Egyptians do have sex on Thursdays. They even joke about it in movies etc.

But other than that, I didn't like the way this piece was written. It could have been funny if he didn't make a couple of judgmental comments. For example, the part about him not having a beard, means that he is moderate. Really? and people with a beard are not moderate?

Don't get me wrong I hate these superficial aspects of Islam like the beard and zebeeba etc, but I still think it is unfair to make the gernalisation that everyone with a beard is an extremist.

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ausipeet:

Honey nothing closes down on Fridays, this is Egypt not Australia [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cbrbddd
Member # 3891

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cbrbddd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ayisha:
quote:

damn I missed it [Frown]
Sorry, Ayisha, but so did I, lol!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 895 | From: NorthTexas, USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 6 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am married to an Egyptian, and it sooooooooo not true. We make love pretty much every day and twice on Thursdays. And we are butt naked most of the time.
Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure
Member # 12244

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL I can relate.
Posts: 319 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by tootsie:
I am married to an Egyptian, and it sooooooooo not true. We make love pretty much every day and twice on Thursdays. And we are butt naked most of the time.

hahaha cas ur not egyptian.. thats y ,we want it all the time not only on thursdays..
tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that may be why marriages to western women is on the rise

--------------------
Tootsie

Posts: 365 | From: Canada | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
tootsie, why are you sure it is the Egyptian woman's fault? I mean it is very likely that it is the Egyptian guys who are behind this.

But either way, there is no loss there for us Egyptian girls. You can take the rude, agressive, domineering Egyptian men and give us the nice, sexy Western men who know how to treat a woman like a lady and who think Egyptian girls are sexy because of our brown skins, curvy bodies and exotic eyes. Nice exchange!!!!

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Yesterday I watched a documentary about Egyptian women on You Tube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ymQSSSR5Ts&feature=related
It takes 50 minutes, but for the ones who are interested in how life is for an Egyptian woman, it's worth it. I also wonder: Why, when women are kind of looking down on Egyptian women, are interested in Egyptian men? Egyptian women are a product of Egyptian (male) society, they are like this, because society is placing them in such a position. Near every man there is at least 1 woman: his mother. And his mother probably is one of these examples you are looking down on...she has made him like he is...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
You are right a lot of these awful ideas are spread by women themselves. A good example is the case of the Sakaff brothers here in Australia. They are Lebanese brothers who raped an Aussie girl and of course were arrested and given a harsh sentence. But I was really surprised that their mother was screaming in court that they didn't do anything wrong and that these Aussie girls deserved what they got because they are "loose." I mean if that's what their mother thinks then no wonder the boys did what they did.

Another case is that of stylist Hend El Hennawi who had a urfi marriage with a famous Egyptian actor. When she got pregnant, he told her to abort the child. This often happens in Urfi marriages and often the women do it because they are scared of the scandal. However, this woman had the guts to take him to court and of course the media had a field day with her. What surprised me what how the Egyptian women themselves blamed her and said that she is whore for doing that. No one admired her for having the courage to stand up to the abuse of men.

And I also know that it is usually the women in the family who push for FGM for their daughters. IIt is awful and weird. Why do the women encourage acts that harm them????

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Because, also these women are thinking in the way they were raised. We often state it as 'she doesn't know any better', but maybe it's also a matter of not thinking enough. A lot of what we all do, during the normal life, is just follow the unwritten rules of the society. Most of the time we don't even think about it; we do what is expected from us.
Some; lets name them the thinking part of societies, wonders why. Not only by sexuality/gender related themes, but also in normal daily life.

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

tootsie
Member # 13946

Icon 10 posted      Profile for tootsie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by * 7ayat *:
tootsie, why are you sure it is the Egyptian woman's fault? I mean it is very likely that it is the Egyptian guys who are behind this.

But either way, there is no loss there for us Egyptian girls. You can take the rude, agressive, domineering Egyptian men and give us the nice, sexy Western men who know how to treat a woman like a lady and who think Egyptian girls are sexy because of our brown skins, curvy bodies and exotic eyes. Nice exchange!!!!

Don't mistake my comment- I never said or thought it would be the women's fault. I love and admire egyptian women. I am sure
it is us westerners that force ourselves on egyptian men. They are just trying to keep up.

mylife
Member # 14219

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
QM just had a look at that link and it was very interesting to seen thank you for posting it....

One part which i thought was a bit sad, was the girl who went swimming basically covered up she only removed her head scarf, and then said "yes i do like to have fun but then i ask god for forgiveness" she said it laughingly but you could tell she meant it,

Posts: 312 | From: my world | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Once I was watching orthodox Jews, walking in the Jewish district in Antwerp. You know, men with black hats and two long side curls, the women with untransparent grey wollen stockings, long grey coats etc. They looked like grey mouses suffering a depression.
It made me think about other orthodox religions, christian and muslim. As soon as it becomes orthodox and heavy conservative, it always looks like they are loosing fun, enjoyment etc.
It seems like the colours they wear influence the way they feel, their mood and their thoughts are as dark as their clothes.
What kind of dark thought is that, to ask God for forgiveness because of having fun???

--------------------

Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Once I was watching orthodox Jews, walking in the Jewish district in Antwerp. You know, men with black hats and two long side curls, the women with untransparent grey wollen stockings, long grey coats etc. They looked like grey mouses suffering a depression.
It made me think about other orthodox religions, christian and muslim. As soon as it becomes orthodox and heavy conservative, it always looks like they are loosing fun, enjoyment etc.
It seems like the colours they wear influence the way they feel, their mood and their thoughts are as dark as their clothes.
What kind of dark thought is that, to ask God for forgiveness because of having fun???

so true QM [Frown]
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QB I also wonder: Why, when women are kind of looking down on Egyptian women, are interested in Egyptian men? [/QB]

strange comment [Confused]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For them 'fun' is to be orthodox, they don't care for this world as much as they care for what's in the after life..some people like to get the fun later on, they're betting on the eternal fun, not the one that ends by death..some people might see this as ridiculous, and some might say what if there's nothing at all after the lights go off ? [Big Grin]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mylife
Member # 14219

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mylife     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the girl wanted to have fun but she felt guilty that she actually enjoyed herself in the sea, with her hair uncovered, due to her upbringing.

I would never look down on a egyptian woman, as a matter of fact i admire most of them on keeping their composure as to how they have to live their life, (this generally speaking and my own opinion)

There is a part in the clip, were there was about 3 or 4 women sitting in a shop, talking about love, and one qoutes "have not got time to find love i sit here from 9 in morning till 10 night were will i find love, it was if she was past caring about love and preferred to sit with the girls in work having a good natter. throughly enjoyed it if you see any more QM please post them

Posts: 312 | From: my world | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You are right a lot of these awful ideas are spread by women themselves. A good example is the case of the Sakaff brothers here in Australia. They are Lebanese brothers who raped an Aussie girl and of course were arrested and given a harsh sentence. But I was really surprised that their mother was screaming in court that they didn't do anything wrong and that these Aussie girls deserved what they got because they are "loose." I mean if that's what their mother thinks then no wonder the boys did what they did.

Another case is that of stylist Hend El Hennawi who had a urfi marriage with a famous Egyptian actor. When she got pregnant, he told her to abort the child. This often happens in Urfi marriages and often the women do it because they are scared of the scandal. However, this woman had the guts to take him to court and of course the media had a field day with her. What surprised me what how the Egyptian women themselves blamed her and said that she is whore for doing that. No one admired her for having the courage to stand up to the abuse of men.

And I also know that it is usually the women in the family who push for FGM for their daughters. IIt is awful and weird. Why do the women encourage acts that harm them????

This is really interesting, I have been wondering the issue. There IS a lot of education going on, I see tv ads and there must be something on radio, right?

Many European coutries were almost as bad at some point, I've read a book about history of Finnish women and oh boy. Women were considered stupid by nature at some point, people thought that they are not even capable of learning much. But Finland changed rapidly, look what it is now. But why is this and then again Egypt is changing very slowly (re certain things)?

This sentence is about educating Finnish women about importance of healthy food and proper hygiene (translation is mine, the author of the book is Kaari Utrio)

"They soon started using media to educate people. Radio broadcasts once a week since 1927 advised how to cope with nutrition and clothing of the family during recession years in the turn of 1920's and 1930's. Education reached the people (women) because Finnish women's level of civilisation* was sufficient."

The last sentence makes sense but is this the reason why education doesn't succeed in Egypt? What do you think?

(* or level of education,
though Finnish women in general were not educated in the sense of the word; majority did not continue their education after compulsory school)

Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Yes it is usualy the fault of Egyptian men. I heard too many Egptian men cruelly criticizing Egyptian women. Some of them would like to show the Egyptian women as the source of all problems in the marriages.
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Once I was watching orthodox Jews, walking in the Jewish district in Antwerp. You know, men with black hats and two long side curls, the women with untransparent grey wollen stockings, long grey coats etc. They looked like grey mouses suffering a depression. It made me think about other orthodox religions, christian and muslim. As soon as it becomes orthodox and heavy conservative, it always looks like they are loosing fun, enjoyment etc.

They looked like grey mouses suffering a depression. What a cruel comment Questionmarks!! [Confused]

People live as they believe. And it doesn't bothers me unless they don't attack others. ı especially hate the ones who act and dress like real religious, but not in fact... too many around [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat:
quote:
Once I was watching orthodox Jews, walking in the Jewish district in Antwerp. You know, men with black hats and two long side curls, the women with untransparent grey wollen stockings, long grey coats etc. They looked like grey mouses suffering a depression. It made me think about other orthodox religions, christian and muslim. As soon as it becomes orthodox and heavy conservative, it always looks like they are loosing fun, enjoyment etc.

They looked like grey mouses suffering a depression. What a cruel comment Questionmarks!! [Confused]

People live as they believe. And it doesn't bothers me unless they don't attack others. ı especially hate the ones who act and dress like real religious, but not in fact... too many around [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Yep...like an hijab wearing and sanctimonious one we know is a bitch. [Roll Eyes]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Is it cruel to write something like this? Why?
They are not bothering me, I just feel sad for them, nothing more...

--------------------

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

quote:
Is it cruel to write something like this? Why?
They are not bothering me, I just feel sad for them, nothing more...

Just meant the grey mouse thing Questiommarks [Frown]
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Sashyra8:
quote:
quote:

Yep...like an hijab wearing and sanctimonious one we know is a bitch. [Roll Eyes]
*rushes in and files dawn shashys claws*
*hides behind wall*

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

quote:
quote:
quote:

You know nothing Sash [Roll Eyes]
Those ones act like the true woman, creats nasty gossips about others, slander and then come here and act like the angels [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

*hides behind wall*

*whips Ayisha out of her hiding hole*
[Razz]

Sorry to dissapoint you,Ayisha.You are not sufficiently and enough sanctimonious. [Big Grin]

Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

*hides behind wall*

[Razz]

*rolls into a ball and plays dead* [Razz]
Sashyra8
Member # 14488

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

*hides behind wall*

[Razz]

*rolls into a ball and plays dead* [Razz]
*pokes finger into Ayisha's eye*
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
ouch [Frown]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:

Ah you never know what they wear underneath!! [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com