EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Sending Gifts To Egypt & Duty

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sending Gifts To Egypt & Duty
SherryBlueBerry
Member # 13867

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SherryBlueBerry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am planning on sending a package to my friend in Egypt. My question is...is there any way around them not having to pay customs fees on this package? It is a birthday gift for her daughter. The last time I sent a "care" package she had to pay something like 100ep and I was so embarrassed because she didn't tell me for so long a time. Can I prepay the customs?

Any help with this?

Posts: 263 | From: Georgia USA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tina m
Member # 13845

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tina m     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no there is no way around the fees at customs. i already asked sweety. he or anyone would have to pay the fees when they pick it up. now u may be able to call the customs and pay the fee for them

--------------------
your ass is so tight when you fart only a dog can hear it.when you queef only a cat can hear that one.

Posts: 9776 | From: You like If only mosquitoes sucked fat instead of blood. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IronLion
Member # 16412

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IronLion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For one night I spend with you Tina, I show you the way to get around the custom system..in Ancient or modern Egyt.

--------------------
Lionz

Posts: 7419 | From: North America | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ford Prefect (not perfect)
Member # 9338

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ford Prefect (not perfect)   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I've sent stuff fedex, the contents are noted as a gift. I pay the shipping with credit card and indicate that any customs fees be paid by sender, which will go on the same card. To my knowledge the recipients have never had to pay anything.
Posts: 409 | From: Betelgeuse | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cloudberry
Member # 11163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cloudberry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But have they taken something from your card, I guess not? When I order something, bigger or smaller, I always ask to put is as "gift" but it never helps, always paid customs - not really much considered the values but something anyway.
Posts: 758 | From: Finland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Clear and QSY
Member # 15597

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Clear and QSY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you send the package by Fed-Ex it will be very, very expensive, but they will let you pay the custom's. You cannot prepay, because there is no way of knowing what this charge is. But track your order, when you see it is being held for "customs payment" call FedEx and tell them you would like to pay the customs with your credit card.

Marking the package "Gift" does not help.

Posts: 1626 | From: whatever, wherever | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com