EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Info on well-run charities in Cairo

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Info on well-run charities in Cairo
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For a little project I have going on, I would like to know the best source of information on well-run charities operating in Cairo.

I'm thinking of 3 or 4 different areas:

street kids or orphans
elders
animals
environment

If you can recommend any specifically, info gratefully received!

They need to be well-administered, properly registered, and preferably with a website.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are a lot of aid foundations, and a lot of people prefer to see direct results of their efforts or donations. IMo isn't that the best way. I donate to Unicef, because they are working world-wide, are able to react immediatly in case of urgent matters ( like health or disasters) and have the ideology I share. The negative thing is that I am not able to see the direct results.
Except for Unicef, there are many similar organisations, like Doctors sans Frontieres, Warchild, World Health Organisation, Brooke Hospital for Animals, WFN, etc.

Maybe this would be helpfull: http://www.cafonline.org/

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maxman
Member # 12150

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for maxman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello S.Q. I hope to start an department of enviroment in a charity organisation that intially deals in justice and human rights.couls i ask for your advice then?as iam newly back in egypt.thx

--------------------
www.excitingegypt.co.uk

Posts: 998 | From: UK,Egypt,east and central africa..... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by maxman:
Hello S.Q. I hope to start an department of enviroment in a charity organisation that intially deals in justice and human rights.couls i ask for your advice then?as iam newly back in egypt.thx

Sorry Maxman - I'm looking for information - don't have any to give!! I'm not Egyptian by the way in case you think I am from the name!
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jean_bean
Member # 13715

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jean_bean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know that Hosary has a bunch of stuff going on, such as a daycare & a school, and I think a small orphanage there. Have been thinking of volunteering there myself.
Posts: 1103 | From: 6th of October | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

This is for a different purpose JB - not for me personally to volunteer with, the charities will need some kind of 'international' visibility (even if just Egyptian) so people abroad can be satisfied about their legitimacy (hence why a website would work).

Or actually, thinking about what QM wrote - maybe an 'umbrella' body of some sort here in EGypt?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com