EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Marrying a married Man (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Marrying a married Man
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
would it be okay 4 u to marry a married man?
Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are enough un-married men out there. Why marry a weak, selfish hypocrite who isn't willing to properly dedicate his love and energy to one woman?

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
why would anyone want to marry a married man? [Confused]

--------------------
If you don't learn from your mistakes, there's no sense making them.

Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would it be okay for you to marry a married woman, egyptian7?
Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayisha
Member # 4713

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ayisha     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
Would it be okay for you to marry a married woman, egyptian7?

I could hear the gasp from here! [Big Grin]
Posts: 15090 | From: http://www.egyptalk.com/forum/ | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for egyptian7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dalia ,For me i wouldnt marry a married woman

--------------------
islam

Posts: 2447 | From: cairo | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Egypt: women should have right to polygamy article causes stir

[Wink]

egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
i was just asking abt personal opinions and nothing abt religion

--------------------
islam

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
The link was in reference to Ayisha's post. [Cool]
Dilemma
Member # 16672

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dilemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being a co-wife - hell no.
Posts: 133 | From: egypt/usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep brill if she knows about you and you know about her and his mother approves and you are living a country where it is legal.
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dilemma:
Being a co-wife - hell no.

Ditto that.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it depends on the place the woman lives, her age, her independancy. I think any woman who is capable to manage it on her own, has enough income, a safe place to live, never would marry a man who is already married. Such a marriage is always born out of reasons that the man can offer her things she wouldn't get when she would stay alone. A proper reputation, a roof above her head, someone who takes care of her, that kind of reasons.
It doesn't even need to be because of negative characteristics of the man in question, it can be because he doesn't want her to be in need...

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unicorn
Member # 16462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unicorn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its not something I would consider doing, but whatever floats ones boat.
Posts: 53 | From: What goes around, comes around | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
I see all women here in the forum against it
however i c many foreign women in hurghada and luxor accepting the fact of marrying an egy guy who is already married

--------------------
islam

Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Questionmarks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps he haven't told her....

--------------------
“Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I will meet you there.”

Posts: 7202 | From: EU | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
she knows that is strange 4 me too

--------------------
islam

Unicorn
Member # 16462

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Unicorn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by egyptian7:
I see all women here in the forum against it
however i c many foreign women in hurghada and luxor accepting the fact of marrying an egy guy who is already married

Are these real marriages E7 or just orfi's?
Posts: 53 | From: What goes around, comes around | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
most of them are orfi's

--------------------
islam

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sex tourism for folk that want to call it something else.
Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may sound unacceptable for a western woman like marrying to a woman that's not virgin sounds unaccpetable for an eastern man.
Those things are cultural. Many women in Islamic world have been living with a fact that their husbands may get married to another woman one day (like their father did to their mom)and I think it doeesn't hurt some of them much. For them, it is not the end of the world.

And sometimes it is financial. In Nepal, there are women marrying to 4 brothers and they all live in 1 house (fraternal polyandry). A family has one land and it is too small for 4 families.

Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
It is only unacceptable for someone who has been born and raised in a society where it is unacceptbale to marry more then one wife...
So,the culture makes the difference, culture makes things acceptable or unacceptable.
Perhaps it is usefull to think it over by discussing issues that are perfectly acceptable in our culture but unacceptable in the Eatsern culture. As the Western women in common still think it's unacceptable for marry more then one partner, an Egyptian man will think it's unacceptable to have sex without being married etc.
We all have our own cultural thoughts about what is and isn't acceptable. Some are able to think out of their own culture, but it needs a lot of understanding of the new culture...

--------------------

'Shahrazat
Member # 12769

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Shahrazat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heyy QM, Turkey is doing very good with Hiddink [Big Grin] Right now, they are playing with the USA in Philadelphia. [Smile]
Posts: 2591 | From: **Ex Oriente Lux** | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nasto
Member # 17091

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nasto   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:
It is only unacceptable for someone who has been born and raised in a society where it is unacceptbale to marry more then one wife...
So,the culture makes the difference, culture makes things acceptable or unacceptable.

In all countries and in all cultures there are polygamist marriages. In the US take, for example, Utah and Mormons. There are such cases in Germany, Sweden, just name the country.

Just few days ago I saw a program about a German family consisting of one man and three women - all blond and blue eyed. They met in 60s while being hippies and started to live together out of curiosity and experimentation. Eventually this became their life style.

So, there can be plenty of reasons why people live in polygamous marriages. Although the majority of women and men as well prefer a conventional marriage - one man and one woman.

Posts: 132 | From: Alex | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Daisy
Member # 17494

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
an Egyptian man will think it's unacceptable to have sex without being married etc.

Is that a big joke????

Posts: 17 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
7seas
Member # 17708

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7seas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Miss Daisy, It depends on the Egyptian man, his attachment to religion, his standards, class..... a lot of factors.
Posts: 173 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miss Daisy
Member # 17494

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Miss Daisy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah right
Posts: 17 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
7seas
Member # 17708

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for 7seas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Its not something I would consider doing, but whatever floats ones boat.

I agree a man is important to float the boat.
Women make the boat balanced. [Smile] [Big Grin]

Posts: 173 | From: Egypt | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
7seas
Member # 17708

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Daisy:
yeah right

Hi Miss D, Egyptian men have a mood swing, better keep away. Don't approach. [Smile]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by 'Shahrazat:
Heyy QM, Turkey is doing very good with Hiddink [Big Grin] Right now, they are playing with the USA in Philadelphia. [Smile]

I hope he will do his tric again with the Turkish team. [Smile]
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Nasto:
quote:
Originally posted by Questionmarks:

In all countries and in all cultures there are polygamist marriages. In the US take, for example, Utah and Mormons. There are such cases in Germany, Sweden, just name the country.

Just few days ago I saw a program about a German family consisting of one man and three women - all blond and blue eyed. They met in 60s while being hippies and started to live together out of curiosity and experimentation. Eventually this became their life style.

So, there can be plenty of reasons why people live in polygamous marriages. Although the majority of women and men as well prefer a conventional marriage - one man and one woman.

I don't know exactly but as far as I know it is forbidden by law to marry more then one wife in every EU country. It is possible that a man lives with more then one woman, but not to marry them. I have no idea how many there are here, but surely it a is minority. I know about one: an artist, painter, had 6 wifes/women untill he died. the women still are living together.
It still is considered as abnormal...

7seas
Member # 17708

Member Rated:
Woow, 6 women at one place. What an artist is he!
Miss Daisy
Member # 17494

Rate Member
yeah and if a women tried to live with 6 men she couldn't just be considered abnormal, she would be considered a complete slut.
egyptian7
Member # 12215

Rate Member
lol 6 women
hehe who can satisfy just 1

--------------------
islam

7seas
Member # 17708

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Daisy:
yeah and if a women tried to live with 6 men she couldn't just be considered abnormal, she would be considered a complete slut.

Every thing is possible.
how many man do you wanna live with, Miss Daisy?
(An honest answer is appreciated )

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by 7seas:

What is that supposed to mean? [Confused]
7seas
Member # 17708

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by *Dalia*:
quote:

What is that supposed to mean? [Confused]
Whatever floats your Boat, Dalia

Not all people think your way. and they are not supposed to.

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
quote:

Not all people think your way. and they are not supposed to.

I didn't say anyone was supposed to think like me. I just didn't understand your metaphor. Why don't you explain it?
7seas
Member # 17708

Member Rated:
Ask Unicorn. Unicorn is gonna explain.
young at heart
Member # 10365

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for young at heart     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Definate NO [Frown]
Posts: 4476 | From: Scotland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A boat float is like when in some cases the first marriage crumbles into ruins due to many reasons, the man tends to pick a new wife, he tells each one his plan, he tells number one who's got young kids 'do you want a divorce if I marry number two ?' The answer in many cases is a no..and tells number two he's keeping number one and she tells him that she's fine with this arrangement [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why would anyone want to marry a man who is already emotionally involved with someone else... how desperate is that!!!
Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Attorney at Law
Member # 6396

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Attorney at Law     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are enough un-married men out there.

[Smile]

Posts: 94 | From: Nasr City, Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cheekyferret:
Why would anyone want to marry a man who is already emotionally involved with someone else... how desperate is that!!!

Cultural baggage, just because in your culture there is emotional involvement in marriage why presume that is true in all cultures
Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Questionmarks
Member # 12336

Rate Member
What I've seen was the case like Dzosser said. The reason why the first wife agreed was because when she should divorce him, she wouldn't be able to offer her children a childhood like they had: nice appartment in a good neighbourhood, private schools, etc.
Again, economical reasons.

--------------------

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cultural baggage.... you are either gonna marry a man who loves another or marry a man who will feck anything without having any emotion. NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICEE.

There are loveless marriages all around the world, however, they are still married!!!

Why the hell would anyone want to marry a man who is already married... desperate.

I think it is a joke that we are brought up in the UK to believe it is wrong to marry a married man then women come here and all of a sudden it is fine cos their new Egyptian man says it is ok....

Sorry, my stance it is sad a pathetic. [Smile] I am not going to say it is a beautiful and wonderful thing when I don't think it is!

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Marrying for money, or an a apartment or a nice car is also something that riles me as it is shallow.

I will always have my Western values irregardless of how long I live here.

Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Marrying for money, or an a apartment or a nice car is also something that riles me as it is shallow.

I will always have my Western values irregardless of how long I live here.

Dilemma
Member # 16672

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dilemma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I know of many Egyptian women who married for economical reasons. The Egyptian madames I know look forward to their husbands marrying a foreigner co-wife because of the money the foreigner will bring to the table.
Posts: 133 | From: egypt/usa | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com