EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Computer Help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Computer Help
Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Help ! My computer was working just fine a few days ago. I just went to turn it on and nothing.

I hear the usual warm up of the monitor and speakers but the acutal PCU is dead. No lights, no fan, nothing.

I tried another power cord, changing outlets etc, but nothing. There is a little power sound if I plug the CPU power cord in while connected to the electric.

Does anyone what what the problem could be and the next question is, where can I find a GOOD mohandes that can come and have a look tomorrow ?

As I patiently sit and wait for my curtain man who should have been here at 8pm ..... ho hum.

Posts: 62 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
My_Login_Name
Member # 16667

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for My_Login_Name     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good mohandes lol i am mohands i hope i can help
Posts: 199 | From: Here and there | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mohandes don't do home visits nowadays its unsafe to let anyone in your house..take the device to those computer malls around everywhere you go.
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like the processer has died. If there is nothing at boot up then its normally the processer that has burnt out. Easy to fix.
Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter
Member # 16952

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dzosser I have to let people in now and again, as I am totally useless at fixing things around the apartment and very good at phoning people to come to me, but they never turn up. I just don't like the thought of my PC out of my sight. It has all my work documents which are confidential and don't fancy the thought of anything being lost or even worse, copied.

I took off the back and was shocked at the dust. My poor PC was choking. I have gotten all the dust out and now it turns on and is working just fine. The only thing I'm worried about is now the power button light is green but there is now a little red flash as well. Maybe it's flashing because I didn't put the side panel back on ?

Thanks for you input Mary, what is the processor ? Is that the power supply ? I have no idea what the bits and pieces are inside, I just like to turn on the button and have everything working the way it should.

I think I will take everything I need and put on a flash because I am scared that if I turn this PC off, it will never go back on again.

Posts: 62 | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You did very well [Cool]
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for marydot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In simple terms a processer is your computers brain, The processor tells your computer what to do and when to do it, it decides which tasks are more important and prioritizes them to your computers needs.

It was a good idea to remove the dust inside the case, sometimes dust can cause huge problems.

Never use a hover to remove dust on the compoents as this may cause damage, and always wipe your hands first with a anti static cloth before you touch anything.

Check all the leads to your power supply as maybe one has come loose.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Posts: 1048 | From: If you are given a blessing you may be envied | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Here is an interesting site I have been using for years!!!

scroll down to processer and it will tell you all the info you need.

MajorGeeks [Smile]

eng.hazzem@hotmail.com
Member # 18044

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eng.hazzem@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No lights, no fan, nothing.

THE PROBLEM MOST BE

- POWER SUPPLY OR POWER SUPPLY SWITCH-

if you need help i can help you for free

Posts: 5 | From: CAIRO-EGYPT | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karim
Member # 3077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for karim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep Power Supply.
Price is from 45LE up to 500LE

Posts: 1226 | From: Egypt | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shalamar
Member # 16507

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shalamar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my pc at work died recently - and it was the memory - it was slowing the pc down so much it eventually gave up - the computer bit man put in a circuit board of additional memory and hey presto back to normal - that may be the cause - The pc was ok one minute then didnt switch on - maybe worth a try

--------------------
tilly
"I can make you feel good" -shalamar
Women dont have hot flushes they just have power surges"

Posts: 131 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Lack of memory can slow a computer down, as overtime you install lots of programmes that use up lots of resources. If you have 3 PCI slots then you can add as much memory cards as you like.

Karem it does not sound like a power supply issue.

--------------------
http://www.youtube.com/user/marydotapple

Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mynameisthis         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She already solved it [Confused]
Posts: 1044 | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shalamar
Member # 16507

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shalamar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh darn it - i thought Kareem meants that the power supply was the cost of the leccy bill.....
Posts: 131 | From: uk | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eng.hazzem@hotmail.com
Member # 18044

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eng.hazzem@hotmail.com     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear marydot do you mean memory bank slots

PCI slots work with devices like TV tuner card ,

network card , modem card .

i am computer hardware engineer and if Dexter have

some hardware Basics i can tell him how to test

Power supply

Posts: 5 | From: CAIRO-EGYPT | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mynameisthis
Member # 17234

I think the problem is in the memory supply cache power that resides in the nucluosy of the secondary processing modulator. It is quite common and very easy to fix problem. My name is Engineer Two and I can help dexter for free because it's what I do. I help those who need my engineering skills..

thanks

Eng. Two

eng.hazzem@hotmail.com
Member # 18044

Rate Member
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

??????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by eng.hazzem@hotmail.com:
Dear marydot do you mean memory bank slots

PCI slots work with devices like TV tuner card ,

network card , modem card .

i am computer hardware engineer and if Dexter have

some hardware Basics i can tell him how to test

Power supply

You cant always tell online what the problems are, yes good idea to test the power supply etc.

I bumped up my memory by 215RAM by sliding it into a memory slot works great.

How to install More memory

[Razz]

shalamar
Member # 16507

Rate Member
same here - my memory was upgraded - although today i had another blip- the "computer bit" guy said that the processors are now actually like a kettle or toaster - A throw away commodity after a couple of years. - I had a pc for 5 years gave it my mother and its still working.. looked like a tank ... so i think these guys inflict a life span on these pcs. of maybe 2yrs.

--------------------
tilly
"I can make you feel good" -shalamar
Women dont have hot flushes they just have power surges"

marydot
Member # 15932

Member Rated:
Get the guy to fit a new processor or your computer will fry and blow out the motherboard,then you have serious problems.

Or just dump the pc and buy a new one.Not many people nowadays get repairs on their PC,they tend to go out a buy a package deal.
Never trust a PC repair guy they will talk you into buying bits and pieces you dont really need replacing.any computer can be rebuilt you just have to know what your doing! If you dont then trash the computer to the heaven in the sky, im sure theres plenty there.

Longest computer ive had was a six year old emachine lol, that blow up.
Bought a Dell on ebay and added bits and pieces to it, works like a baby machine.

eng.hazzem@hotmail.com
Member # 18044

Rate Member
Dear marydot test power supply

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoIMkx6Uuzg&feature=related

to replace power supply we must read the power

like 400 watt and change with same or more power

500 watt 600 watt

eng.hazzem@hotmail.com
Member # 18044

Rate Member
Dear shalmar memory should match same speed in MHZ

if i use two memory bank with different speed some mother board can solve this by work with the slow speed , and other cant then PC unstable

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com