EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » HRT

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HRT
Coral Sorral
Member # 18115

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coral Sorral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do they have this in Egypt and if so where can I get it? Am 52 and married to an Egyptian.
Thanks.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tareq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For what?
for menopause? hot flushes??

Posts: 277 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Coral Sorral
Member # 18115

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Coral Sorral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! Is there another use?
Posts: 3 | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Hassan
Member # 15069

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Hassan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get an appointment with a doctor and let them tell you what you need. They will write a perscription for you, or go to a pharmacey and ask them they are generally knowledgeable.
Posts: 129 | From: In the land of plenty | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tareq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes there is some other uses for hrt but it is off the topic now.

There is a medicine known as Premarin. But unfortunately It is no found in cairo these days as far as I know.

For a woman having some hot flushes. I recommend this cake as it contains natural stuff generating estrogen and relieving flushes

http://blogtmx.blogspot.com/2010/09/menopausal-cake.html

Good luck

Posts: 277 | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tareq:

4ozs/100g Soya flour

Where would you get this in Egypt? And, while we're on the subject, do you happen to know where I can buy tofu?

Btw – what's HRT? [Confused]

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
I have never bought this flour but I think it can be in hypermarkets or at grain sellers (3attar). I posted the cake tips and ingredients from a website.
I also do not know about Tofu. I looked it up and found it. But I have never seen it.

The whole point is to eat some food rich in estrogen.

I heard also about sweat potatoes to contain Estrogen.

hrt is hormonal replacement therapy.

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I have never bought this flour but I think it can be in hypermarkets or at grain sellers (3attar).

Mh, I doubt it. Just thought you might know. No problem. [Smile]

quote:

I also do not know about Tofu. I looked it up. But I have never seen it.

I like tofu in my miso soup, in Thai curries and for deserts, and I have bought it in Cairo. They sometimes sell it in the bigger supermarkets, but I haven't been able to find a source that always has it on stock.

quote:

The whole point is to eat some food rich in estrogen.

I heard also about sweat potatoes to contain Estrogen.

Yes, I understood that. [Smile] There are various foods that contain phytoestrogens; soy products are very good, but also nuts and beans:

According to a study by Canadian researchers about the content of nine common phytoestrogens in a Western diet, foods with the highest relative phytoestrogen content were nuts and oilseeds, followed by soy products, cereals and breads, legumes, meat products, and other processed foods that may contain soy, vegetables, fruits, alcoholic, and nonalcoholic beverages.

Flax seed and other oilseeds contained the highest total phytoestrogen content, followed by soybeans and tofu. The highest concentrations of isoflavones are found in soybeans and soybean products followed by legumes, whereas lignans are the primary source of phytoestrogens found in nuts and oilseeds (e.g. flax) and also found in cereals, legumes, fruits and vegetables.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phytoestrogens

Posts: 2803 | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tareq
Member # 18033

Rate Member
Thanks for the link.
One important thing I should say One need to eat lots of these kinds of foods to get the needed response.
But also a balanced diet containing calcium, magnesium and other minerals is important.

as for sweating and stuff, Air conidition and cold shower will be of use.

*Dalia*
Member # 13012

Member Rated:
Sage tea is supposed to help quite well with hot flashes and excessive sweating in general.

Sage tea for excessive sweating

Sage tea and hot flashes

Coral Sorral
Member # 18115

Rate Member
Thanks all.
The cake sounds delicious [Smile]

Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you haven't taken HRT before you need to first have blood tests to establish your full hormone profile. A doctor can then work out what you need. It takes time to get it right and you need to be under the care of a good gynacologist.

HRT is certainly available in Egypt but start with a good doctor first and then make sure you are getting it from a reputable source.

When I first explained the hormone changes to my husband I told him a woman needs some sympathy....he asked if that was something he could get from a pharmacy LOL...I wish

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL @'sympathy' from the Pharmacy [Smile]
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talking about hormones - does anyone know of a reputable endocrinologist in Cairo?
Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes i know good one. Dr ashraf said mohamed.
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for adelly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just started seeing him for thyroid.
Posts: 313 | From: maadi cairo | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

That's the one in Masr El Sudan st? Not far from Manisheyet el Sadr?

Thanks Adelly, I'll pass it on.

adelly
Member # 14574

Rate Member
Yes in al kobba. His english is good and he is not expensive as well.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com