EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Living in Egypt » Where can I buy children's galabeya in Cairo?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where can I buy children's galabeya in Cairo?
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can I find good quality, cotton, traditional children's galabeyas in Cairo?
Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to sound like a stuck record but City Stars. There are soooo many shops selling galabeyas for kids.

And I am sure you could buy them off the street or in a cheaper shop.

But in CS you can then go for a nice lovley coffee in the 'ES cafe' before going to spend oodles of cash in Virgin and Zara [Big Grin]

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropos
Member # 9410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropos     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately I am not in Cairo, just ze husband.
Need a shop that sells good quality cotton, and doesn't have color that will run in the washing machine. Want to send hubby to purchase.

Posts: 2184 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cheekyferret
Member # 15263

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cheekyferret     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AAAH.... good luck to ze husband [Smile]

I have seen lil galabeyas all over the city so they are popular, as for their quality... I am not so sure but I have a theory; if the shop has air conditioning they have a good business. As mad as it sounds, I don't trust shops that cannot afford air conditioning.

Posts: 11097 | From: Cairo | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Hassan
Member # 15069

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Hassan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by anthropos:
Where can I find good quality, cotton, traditional children's galabeyas in Cairo?

The main street in the shoubra, Shoubra El Kama, beside the hospital on the main street, across the road is a huge Tawheed El Noor on the corner, there is a market here, Mcdonalds is at the front of it, market at the side.. loads of galabeyas there.
Posts: 129 | From: In the land of plenty | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahab
Member # 18182

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahab     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
City stars, khan el khalili section.
Posts: 57 | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DECORISTA
Member # 2848

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DECORISTA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KERDASA in Elharam Maryotia,10th of galabya shops
but u must be well knewn with cotton.

Posts: 254 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dzosser
Member # 9572

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dzosser   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tawheed Wilnoor have the oddest taste for anything you'd think of, what a waste of raw material to produce those horrid trousers, blazers, pullovers, jackets, blouses, shoes, you name it..I'd never think of buying any of these acrylic blankets showing many orange gazelles next to a turquoise waterfall and bright green trees and lots of colored birds scaterred here and there..I never understood why the hell don't they ever try selling plain blankets with simply nothing at all on them.. [Confused]
Posts: 3219 | From: Wisdom comes with age, but sometimes age comes alone. | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs Hassan
Member # 15069

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mrs Hassan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont knock Tawheed El Nour its my favorite shop!!! I love the tat!

--------------------
MRS HASSAN

Posts: 129 | From: In the land of plenty | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bought several for my kiddies at the Khan El Khalili. And yes you are allowed to haggle over the prices which is real fun btw. [Wink]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com