EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Judgement (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Judgement
Penny
Member # 1925

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Penny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by newcomer:
Boasting about one’s achievements or qualities without acknowledging Allah’s assistance is not allowed in Islam. But boasting about one’s family and friends, meaning that one says positive things about them and makes them appear good in other people’s eyes is very much part of Egyptian culture and is also encouraged by Islam, which says that you should not disclose people’s faults, say things that they would find hurtful, nor should you be suspicious of them.

Dear Newcomer

Thank you for always being there to answer the question that is in my mind before I have even asked it.

Penny

Posts: 3809 | From: Paradise | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol_2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Carol_2004 (edited 08 September 2004).]

Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S p h i n x o
Member # 5281

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for S p h i n x o     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually liked Akshar's first article about witches at the top of this thread !!

Having said that, I would tend to agree with Luxor Lover's and others opinion that it is not wise to share all those personal details on a public forum.

I can help you tweak that site of yours to get it to get better rankings on search engines if you like.

Let me know if you are interested !!

Posts: 15 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by Luxorlover (edited 20 May 2005).]

Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S p h i n x o
Member # 5281

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for S p h i n x o     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Luxorlover:
[B]Sphinxo old chum - Can you tweek better results out of this one fo her too?

BEYOND SALVATION !!!

Posts: 15 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Automatik   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sphinxo - you know you are my hero
Posts: 2235 | From: Jail | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Carol_2004:
I reply because I just find it so darn frustrating to see someone who lives in Luxor be so naive and not have clue what they are talking about. Imagine it if a foreigner lived in your country for almost 2 years and saw everything in completly the wrong way. Its bloody frustrating and that is why I reply. I'm sorry if I sound negative but it is the truth and the truth is not always positive. Luxor is a city just like any other. It has its good and bad in equal measures. It is not any better or any worse. Different places are more suited to different individuals than others. If you do not understand or choose to have the same values that you would have in your native country whilst living in a completly different culture you will never know if it is suited to you. However, certain morals and standards are applicable in any given city/country. ie. not talking about your father-in-law and basically saying he is off his tree on the internet, admitting that you get blind drunk on a regular basis on the internet, asking any visitor to bring you hard spirits and then polishing off the whole bottle in one evening and putting it on the internet. If you live in Upper Egypt or profess to know the culture apply all these scenarios to that culture! That is why it frustrates me! Jane is naive she is NOT evil but she hasn't a clue what she is talking about. She has no regard whatsoever for her family. People like Jane without even knowing it make it bloody hard for any decent (by upper egyptian standards) european woman living there. Sadly they tar all of us with the same brush because the majority of the woman living in Luxor feel that they can live the same life there as they do in Europe. She is not respecting her self or her family and if Mahmood really knows every word she says then he has no respect for Jane, his family or himself either and is just as bad as her.

If this is your opinion of Jane and you think she's naive, then how do you reason she is going start listening to you, a random person on the internet?

She's not. And you know that. So then, your replies are meant to do what exactly...impress the rest of us? Warn all others to not behave like Jane?

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol_2004     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Posts: 156 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member

ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
At least I can be honest and admit that I use this form soley for the purpose of entertainment. Others may use it to promote their buisness, or have questions regarding Egypt. I'm sorry but there is no way that someone would use this forum soley for helping others. If that is the case then they really need to get a life.

So you think anyone who comes here only to try to help others really needs to get a life?

I hope you didn't mean that the way you wrote it. Yeah, poor losers who actually try to help people...

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
S p h i n x o
Member # 5281

Rate Member
Carol,

Mother Teresa has died a long time ago.

Ge Ge
Member # 3868

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ge Ge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked my friend and his father who between them have lived in Egypt for 100 years so I am going to assume they know the culture.

This is what they said about western women and alchohol.
"Most westerners drink.Why if they marry a man of muslim faith should the man expect them to change.He would not stop praying 5 times a day to please his western wife. It is the normal for western women to drink alchohol if you do not like this do not marry a western woman marry a muslim.His father also said "Egyptians are far more tolerant than the west is lead to believe.We live side by side with christians who regularily drink and so do many muslims.Of course we expect westerns to bring their culture here the same as we expect to find a mosque to pray in, in England.The fact that we do not drink or smoke is our choice and we would not inflict it on others"
When I asked them about photos etc on the internet, they said.
"if this was done because she is so proud of her family and their achievements it is acceptable"

I have to admit when I am in Egypt I always ask my friend about certain ways of behaving.
ie is a certain item of clothing suitable if it is a bit see through on the shoulders.
But I do not drink,do not smoke,do not show my arms,no cleavage,no signs of affection in the street (only holding hands),do not sit with my legs crossed,do not show the soles of my feet etc,etc.I am a little angel.

But seriously like my friend and his father said if you marry a different culture you both have to make compromises and accept you have differences.If a muslim came here to live is he going to adopt the yobish culture that seems to be indemmic in this country. I think you are being to perdantic,Carol.

Posts: 343 | From: Wiltshire, England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PRchick
Member # 4794

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for PRchick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[This message has been edited by PRchick (edited 20 May 2005).]

Posts: 225 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

i thought they were from Jane's blog, to which Jane posted a link to on a closed, women-only forum at one point.

Which, if Carol is reading and then repeating on an open forum for the world to read, is a pretty malicious way to gossip.

But maybe I'm wrong...Carol can you please send a link to where on this board Jane wrote that stuff?

Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member

Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by ExptinCAI:
So you think anyone who comes here only to try to help others really needs to get a life?

I hope you didn't mean that the way you wrote it. Yeah, poor losers who actually try to help people...

no re-read it and didnt mean it the way I wrote it.

Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member

akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
actually they are from ET and her diary (before she had the ggod grace to change the address) so I am not aware I am bracking any code.

the link to my diary was posted in the Harem Lounge of ET and you are breaking the terms and conditions of the Harem Lounge talking about it. As PRchick so correctly pointed out this was a closed, women only forum with its terms and conditions clearly stated.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

[This message has been edited by akshar (edited 08 September 2004).]

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
I'm sorry Akshar but I also recall you putting a link to it on your web page at one time! I have edited all my posts not because I have said anything wrong but because I feel Im going down the line of commenting where I really can't be bothered to comment anymore. We are going round and round in circles.
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm sorry Akshar but I also recall you putting a link to it on your web page at one time! I have edited all my posts not because I have said anything wrong but because I feel Im going down the line of commenting where I really can't be bothered to comment anymore. We are going round and round in circles.

Nope never put a link to it anywhere on my website. It was a private thing shared between fellow women only and who I thought were my online friends.

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ge Ge
Member # 3868

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ge Ge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is all getting very boring!!!!
Posts: 343 | From: Wiltshire, England | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member

Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
quote:
How monumentally naive is it to think that anyone on the internet is how it seems. You say it was only posted on the Harem Lounge of a Women only Forum - grow up. Did you do a sex check on everyone logged in? If you post on the internet it is for everyone to see. AND YOU ALL KNOW IT. Anyone can get into it.

SPHINXO IS RIGHT - MOTHER THERESA DIED A LONG TIME AGO. JAne on the other hand is still alive and kicking and pushing her flats. She is not an anonymous person on the internet like everyone else. She chose not to be and made her family and its problems as public as she is.

Carol you did the right thing. This is a waste of time. Jane is Jane and will continue to hurt her family while pretending that she is not doing so.

I thought she was naive but now I think it is far worse. She knows what people here think about what she is doing but she will find excuses to continue. She will not stop shaming them. All she has to do is make the same posts under another name - but she will never do that and we all know it. Before long she will invite another Blunt type attack and we all know that too. Jane will do anything for publicity.

I COULD BREAK CONFIDENCES ABOUT THE INTENDED USE OF THAT DIARY BUT I AM TOO PROFESSIONAL TO DO SO. NOTHING IS EVER AS INNOCENT AS IT SEEMS.

Here here! If anyoe does want to see Jane in action just search "Akshar" on ET or any other forum for that matter.

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ge Ge:
This is all getting very boring!!!!

Its not only boring, it is very STUPID! The awful thing is that only women are included here.

Akshar, I wouldn't even get into any discussions with someone who hears something from somewhere (and then OF COURSE it must be true).

Carol, seems to me you are logging on here to trash a special and valuable person.

Nothing else to talk about, something about Egypt??????????????????????????????????????

Everyone has his own opinion and of course is entitled too but stop accusations and insults to others.

I am VERY VERY glad that ES exists for various reasons and I am pretty sure many others here feel the same way.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 09 September 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

quote:
How monumentally naive is it to think that anyone on the internet is how it seems.

You're absolutely right about that. For instance, I don't know what Carol's identity is on the Treehouse, but after the big hoopla made over there about admins possibly seeing the posts...isn't it refreshing to see that a member of the Treehouse took it upon herself to get an new ID and start posting the contents of that private forum on this one.

You think that's "right"? Well, trusting a bunch of screen names is risky and personally I never would... why?

Because there's always a "Carol" in the bunch.

Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
For the last time do a search on ET and you will see. I don't know what he treehouse is and frankly I don't care.
AnotherNewMember
Member # 5014

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for AnotherNewMember     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tigerlily:
Its not only boring, it is very STUPID! The awful thing is that only women are included here.

(edited 09 September 2004).]

And Kimo, he he

Posts: 323 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kimo_the_maniac
Member # 1761

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kimo_the_maniac     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LL, the point is everyone knows that what Carol said is a possibility, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. I am pretty sure Jane knows it's a possibility, so saying it here in public is not as big an "eye opener" as you may think. Now unless you live her life and face what she faces I don't think anyone can pass judgement or say whether or not her husband is fooling her. But even if you pass judgement, that's one thing, stalking her and being so viscious is something else.

Plus it doesn't mean we have to like what you say. We can comment on it all we like, so don't feel surprised if some people disagree with you.

Reading your post LL renews my amazement at how harsh women can be sometimes.

Posts: 850 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member

Ge Ge
Member # 3868

Rate Member
I think this is all a big wind up by Jane to get as much publicity as possible and lets face it is has worked has'nt it.
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Actually, she didn't post pictures of her wife-in-law for EVERYONE to see. She posted a link in a private, WOMEN-ONLY forum.

Whether or not she asked permission first, is her business, and you are just assuming she didn't.

As about the other stuff...again, it's a private forum. Why are you posting the topics discussed in there on here and making them public? You take a few joking snide remarks out of context and make them out to be something it's not.

Really, it's none of your business. You said your peace to Jane in private I'm sure and now you've said your peace loudly on the internet for anyone to read.

So, let's move on and please stop criticizing.

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
KImo - I am not stalking anybody. I am commenting on a line that Jane started about judegement. Making posts of the kind Jane makes naturally leaves her open to judgement.
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

i'm not arguing whether there is privacy on the internet or not. i am rather pissed off at the way you think because someone posts something anywhere on the internet, this gives anyone the OK to copy/paste and publicize this information in any manner they chose, and pass judgement.

you publish intimate details of your life on a public forum too... would it be ok for me to find who you are in real life based on the info you have provided here and then go to other forums and talk about you and
criticize your choices in life?

i don't think so. i thought by the way you freaked out thinking someone "stalked" you in real life, that you don't think so either.

yet by the reasoning you apply here, it seems that this is perfectly acceptable...after all you have published enought of the details of your life on the internet so it's open season.

something wrong with that.

Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
EXPAT. As I have said before it is all on ET! I have not copied or pasted any information regarding Jane. Nobody needs to find out who she is because she tells everyone. Be it right or wrong Jane is hot gossip. You don't need to be a member of a womans only forum to know what is said in them. People talk! She has put her whole life on the internet and left herself open for people to discuss her - and they do quite frequently. You have no reason to be pissed off. You have not put yourself in this position. It is her own fault.
Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Icon 13 posted      Profile for Carleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok. If there's a group of friends chatting about their lives in a cafe, and one of those friends leaves, it's ok for the remaining women to then trash them. That's called backstabbing, even if you say out the other side of your mouth, "But I really like her!"

LL, as hurt as you get when you're trashed on these forums (and I recall standing up for you a few times), I'm appalled at your willingness to do it to someone else, no matter how you try to justify it. If you have a "beef" with Jane, that's still no reason whatsoever to provide fodder for the people here that enjoy nothing more than taking their passive-agressive tendencies out on the internet. I don't know Jane from a man on the moon, but I think what you've done is a damn shame.

What the heck ever happened to decency & politeness?? Just because you think someone has given you an opening to criticize their life, you have to take it?? In real life, do you seize every opportunity to tell someone your opinion of how they choose to live? Probably not, because you wouldn't have the courage to. But it's open-season on the internet, because it's "cyberspace". Some of you *really* have issues.

Posts: 310 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I am sure that any muslim man would not accept photo's of his EGYPTIAN wife (without hijab) posted on the internet for the whole world to see.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

quote:
EXPAT. As I have said before it is all on ET! I have not copied or pasted any information regarding Jane.

I read ET. It is NOT all over ET and if it is, it is in the women's only forum. Again - if you're so quick to spread information and then claim you are only repeating what's been written by the person, why don't you provide some proof? Paste a link.

I'm sure what you referenced is all over the treehouse, which is a women's only forum that you need an account, then approval of membership and passwords to access (And yes I'm sure you could be anybody pretending to be a woman and get membership, but that's not the point). That forum takes their privacy so seriously that they banned a member who pasted another's member rather innocent comment on her private site - they considered it a breach of privacy of that site.

So I find it really interesting to learn that after making such a hoopla about their privacy issues, info posted on that forum is being repeated on this one by you and LL. Hopefully this will explain why this is pissing me off.

As I have said before, if it's posted on ES, provide a link. If it's posted on another forum, why are you gossiping?!

[This message has been edited by ExptinCAI (edited 10 September 2004).]

philand teresa
Member # 2726

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for philand teresa   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by AnotherNewMember:

Ummm, you left the NEW out dear, but I assume you were referring to me. Sorry Sherlock, you're wrong this time. Back to square one. I actually 'assumed' Katrina and Carol were the same person, Katrina thought I was Debbie, I thought Kimo was Blunt and Welsafty, Welsafty thought I was Egyptian,Everyone thought Monica was ahh,,Then they thought Brian was Brian on ES on ET, but really El Magnoon was Brian on ET, I think PRChick is Jane's guardian Angel, and I thought you were married for 27 years, but you had a boyfriend for 15 years who is 20 years younger..that would have been 15 years..I have a migrain...but this is the matrix...back to real life..have fun.

You cracked the code ANM congratulations. Your prize, a Week in Luxor. Wonder if anyone is going to offer you accommodation and Tours

Posts: 119 | From: West Midlands. U.K. | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katkoot Rewesh
Member # 5302

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Katkoot Rewesh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For crying out loud... Luxor Lover has only expressed her opinion.

This is a forum where people are supposed to exchange their views, even if it differs from others, so where is the crime in what Luxor Lover has written on this thread? Forum in Latin means "Out-of-Doors" so think about that for a minute, with all this nonsense about it was said in private, HONESTLY YOU GUYS !!!

Placing your whole life's story on the internet is asking for judgment big time and to single out Luxor Lover as the only person here who does not think that trashing your husband and your host country is an unfair attack.

Yes Luxor Lover writes stuff about her private life on the forums, but it's a darn sight more interesting read than most of the articles on this forum. She also never mentions names of those in her articles. That is the BIG difference.

Now... I kindly ask you to be partial on this line and accept other views expressed (which might not agree to those of the person that started this thread) and stop taking sides like school kids.

Who is doing the stalking now !!!!

The whole thing is a wind up.. anything to get that link viewed and at all costs, that's the bottom line here.

You guys need someone like Moko to be on your case... not someone as intellectual and kind as the person you are all attacking.

Egyptians that are attacking Luxor Lover: If you love Egypt half as much as she does, I would be very surprised indeed. I bet you don't even live in Egypt like she does.

Viva Luxor Lover

Posts: 2 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some of you are real bitches... you know that? Have you ever seen Jane keep harping on about something someone did or does that she doesnt agree with? She may express an opinion, and then lets it go. All this so called "publicity" is not coming from Jane's posts, its coming from all the posts slagging her off.
I havent seen the pic of her WIL, and if the link was on the forum I think it must have been on, then it was a private forum, and would not have been seen by "thousands".
Personally I have no idea who any of you are, even you Carol, who I am sure I must know if you are reading ET. LL, I dont know you either, but I do know things about you. But they are hearsay, passed to me by friends (yes, more than one) while I was in Luxor, therefore I will not be repeating them here. Nor will I be repeating private conversations.
You see, I respect my friends, and I respect the people who post here. I respect their right to privacy regarding anything which takes place offline. I also respect their privacy for anything online in a private forum.
Isnt that simply basic good manners?

But then again, who am I to think that the world would be a much nicer place if everyone treated everyone else with respect.

LL and Carol.. and anyone else who does not like what she does.... why dont you go and visit her, and have it out with her face to face? Surely thats the decent thing to do? Dont do it here, where "selective" quoting and "hearsay gossip" dont make for a fair argument.
Unless of course, there is a bigger axe to grind, maybe there is an ulterior motive here, is Janes business a threat or something? Should it be closed down and her marriage and life destroyed? Is this the aim?

Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member

Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member

Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Thank you - whoever you are.

I never trashed Jane. Jane trashed her family and then named them. I have met some of them and so have others. I don't care what Jane writes about herself but I do care what she publishes about the Egyptians that share her life.

Nobody has to break into a forum and identify Mahmoud as there are photos of him and details of his sex life already on the net. Jane did that and then shamed the co-wife by showing her without her hijab. Are you condoning that? Do you really think that is OK? It demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of Egyptian women in the south and a complete lack of care for the woman that shares her husband.

If you don't mind Egyptians being shamed in this way then that is your problem. I have far more respect for my host country than to agree to that. To me it is unacceptable behaviour.

Yes I once thought that I was being stalked and I freaked. The language used was threatening and abusive. So much so that it was deleted. My 'stakler' and I are now friends. life goes that way - swings and roundabouts.

I have not abused Jane in any way. I have not threatened her and I have not sworn at her. I have simply not agreed with her actions. Mea Culpa - and in this instance I am proud of it. You cannot use people like that.

I have no skeletons in my cupcoard. You know all about Luxorlover - except who I am. That is the difference. Put Luxorlover into a serach engine and it will come up with little or nothing and I like it that way.

LL, the point you're missing is, what business is it of yours?!?!? Who in the world made you arbiter of acceptable or unacceptable behavior, particularly within someone else's family?! Does what Jane says about her family affect your life in any form or fashion???

If you don't like what she writes, don't read it! Don't be friends with her! Don't talk to her!!! But you would instead rather get on the internet and knife her??? With friends like you...

Wasn't there some thread where you talked about what gossiping busy-bodies Egyptian women in the south are??

And please, give me a break with "Katkoot Rewesh" thing.

[This message has been edited by Carleen (edited 10 September 2004).]

Posts: 310 | From: Maryland, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carleen
Member # 4311

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carleen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And no, you haven't cursed or sworn at her. What you've done is far more insiduous - You've launched your barbs under the guise of "friendship", and then when people (including strangers) defend her, you hide behind "What did I do??" That's both passive-agressive and pathetic.
Automatik
Member # 4457

Rate Member
I do not have a clue who it is. I have never ever posted as anything other than Luxorlover. I have never needed to.

Jane posted this line about Judgement. She got some judgement.

Shareen - when were you last in Luxor to ask about me and where did you get my name from? Enough said.

Carol_2004
Member # 5088

Rate Member
I don't post links because it would take too bloody long! There is too much to work with. I actually find it dangerous that a lady as naive as Jane is handed out advice to people even more naive than herself.
Lori
Member # 2390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lori     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:

lol

when would 'you' consider the relationship between a Western woman and Egyptian man successful

Ahem, had to dig this one up from under a lot of %^&*@#

For me a relationship between a Western woman and an Egyptian man can be considered successful when "Western" and "Egyptian" no longer matter. When it's just a relationship between a man and a woman.

Same for any other "mixed" relationship. If you complete each other, nothing else matters.

Thank you for asking Jane

[This message has been edited by Lori (edited 10 September 2004).]

Posts: 251 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Lori:
Ahem, had to dig this one up from under a lot of %^&*@#

Are you asking "me"? Well, since you ask, for me a relationship between a Western woman and an Egyptian man can be considered successful when "Western" and "Egyptian" no longer matter. When it's just a relationship between a man and a woman.

Same for any other "mixed" relationship. If you complete each other, nothing else matters.

Thank you for asking

Nice reply, i like that. At least you didn't insist on death as the final arbitrator

------------------

Ge Ge
Member # 3868

Rate Member
LL I have to agree with you about posting on the internet.If you do not like the heat get out of the.............

Lori I had forgotton what the original question was glad you reminded us.Yep your right I do not even notice my man is egyptian
except for his arabic,his love of tahina,praying 5 times a day,going to the mosque on fridays,treating his family respectfully,doting on his friends,not drinking, no smoking,no sex before marriage.........

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com