EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » What's your favourite Egyptian dish?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's your favourite Egyptian dish?
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

We all love food (more or less ) so what's your favourite Egyptian dish?

Why do you like it so much, do you combine any memories with it?

Any receipes are welcome too....... please go ahead we want to become hungry.

[This message has been edited by Tigerlily (edited 12 December 2004).]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crumb/krum don't know how to spell it but do know how to eat it.

Anything with aubergine

my mother in laws bread

the meat soup my husband cooks

lentil soup

the thin bread with meat stock and onions poured over it. don't know the name

stuffed pigeon with wheat (not rice)

------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warda_rosie
Member # 2509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warda_rosie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love molokhiya. Its look put me off at first but now I can't live without it.
Zabanah is also delicious. I love the taste of fresh coriander.
Kromb mashvi is lovely.
During winter one favorite is tagin. Keeps cold away.
I like almost everything. Only thing I can remember now I don't like is mish. I even eat maloha
No wonder I'm coming fat

Posts: 34 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Koushery.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by warda_rosie:
I love molokhiya. Its look put me off at first but now I can't live without it.
Zabanah is also delicious. I love the taste of fresh coriander.
Kromb mashvi is lovely.
During winter one favorite is tagin. Keeps cold away.
I like almost everything. Only thing I can remember now I don't like is mish. I even eat maloha
No wonder I'm coming fat

You did great But the mish test is still important to pass if you want the full citizenship.

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Troubles101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:

the thin bread with meat stock and onions poured over it. don't know the name

[/B]

Is it Fatta?

Posts: 1732 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
warda_rosie
Member # 2509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for warda_rosie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Troubles101:

You did great But the mish test is still important to pass if you want the full citizenship.

First time I saw mish and smelled it, someone teased me by telling that the best mish has worms in it. I can't get over that.
I know it's not true but still...

Posts: 34 | From: egypt | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Troubles101
Member # 4543

quote:
Originally posted by warda_rosie:
First time I saw mish and smelled it, someone teased me by telling that the best mish has worms in it. I can't get over that.
I know it's not true but still...

Actually worms are not the only creature residing in the mish dish.

We believe that worms(Paritculary those in mish) are good source of protein and untill science disprove this we will keep holding to this concept.

But you still can have Mish without worms Mish-worms-free (Mish khali El Dod)...Check the label

[This message has been edited by Troubles101 (edited 13 December 2004).]

Shareen
Member # 989

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shareen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kebab hala..... lots of the wonderful home made bread and tahina or baba gnoosh (excuse the spelling)
Posts: 1196 | From: www.spiritofthenile.com | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annie_81
Member # 4149

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for annie_81     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looove stuffed zuchinis!!! hmmm... homemade please! what are they called in Arabic?

------------------
"Whashing One's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral" -Freire-

Posts: 370 | From: Montreal, Canada + World expat | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hassancheb
Member # 4863

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hassancheb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by annie_81:
I looove stuffed zuchinis!!! hmmm... homemade please! what are they called in Arabic?

Its arabic name is called Kosa Mahshiya.

My favorite is the Mashy, stuffed cabbage.

My favorite fast foods are shawarma sandwiches.

Posts: 358 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pinkmagic
Member # 4789

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pinkmagic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cant beat falafel. Was physically sick when I tasted mish!
Posts: 29 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
didi_elsayed
Member # 4763

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for didi_elsayed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmmmm what a dangerous theme for the weight...lets confess,i love the molokhiya with chicken which my mother in law make great,and the rice with spagetti or smth,which i hardly tasted as i felt some strange disgusting feeling before i do...but having in mind y sensitive stomach,the only thing i prefered to eat on foot,were sandwiches with shawarma,or (kavarma) im not sure how this must be spelled!
however...the cousine is yammi

Posts: 1134 | From: NoNe oF uR BuSiNeS | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymon
Member # 3727

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raymon   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baba Ghannough
Aubergine paste with tahini: http://www.wasfasahla.com/docs/recipe.cfm?recipe_id=567

------------------
youregypt forum … your convenient answer to your question about Egypt

Posts: 288 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farhana
Member # 3795

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Farhana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OH my..not mish..stinky sock cheese!
Puke..

Posts: 606 | From: London, UK | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com