EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Work permition

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Work permition
Deroban
Member # 5403

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Deroban     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Always i get my work permition for only 1 year. Is it possible to get it for a longer period?
Posts: 47 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most people dont even bother!!!
Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WELSHLADYUK
Member # 5356

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WELSHLADYUK   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You will find that it's possible to get anything in Egypt, including a work VISA which is hardly handed out unless you do a job that an egyptian cannot do. However it is a case of whether you can pay and who you know to get anything. There is a lot of corruption in the country been here for years. But as someone has already said here 'you do not need a work VISA to work here'....I myself had a sponsor and found casual work no problem. But one word of warning wages in Egypt are very low, do not expect to earn much.
Posts: 203 | From: UK | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The amount of paperwork and official stamps needed to complete a work permission is unreal. I think it would be fairly impossible to just buy one!!!!

Depending on your type of work the wages are either low or high. Government related jobs are poorly paid. However, private sector jobs can be paid well depending on experience and qualifications.

Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deroban
Member # 5403

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Deroban     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My question is not about the cost. I have a real work permit since 4 years now, but I must replace it every year. The question is, is there a way to get it for a longer term?
Posts: 47 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenzie
Member # 3519

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenzie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't think so. I have to do mine every year too.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann
Member # 106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Deroban:
My question is not about the cost. I have a real work permit since 4 years now, but I must replace it every year. The question is, is there a way to get it for a longer term?

No, work permit has to be renewed every year.

Posts: 316 | From: Cairo, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com