EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Norwegian girl and Egyptian man

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Norwegian girl and Egyptian man
Labibah
Member # 9742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Labibah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt in love in Egypt last summer. He felt the same like me, but I am worried that his family will not accept me because I am Norwegian and christian.

I read the Curan, and have started to read arabic lessons and hopefully we are getting married in january or february.

But what if his family will not accept me...

Posts: 84 | From: Norway, Trondheim | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
allieNewhere
Member # 9653

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for allieNewhere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im allie
according to the quran, they have to accept you.you just be sincere and things will go well.dont give up and always keep ur intentions pure.i promise you that it will be ok.

allie

Posts: 24 | From: south africa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Labibah
Member # 9742

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Labibah   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
shukran jazilan!

--------------------
everything is possible!

Posts: 84 | From: Norway, Trondheim | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Ann-Lill,

how long do you know each other again? Do you mean you met only couple of months ago? Where do you plan on to live? In Egypt or in Norway? What do you think about life in Egypt? Haven't you met his family yet?

Just make sure this is what you really want. A marriage is a life changing event. Do you also plan on to change your religion?

Netherless good luck for the marriage and the future. [Smile]

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should know that - once you convert there is no way to revert. [Big Grin]
Don't mix love for God with love for a man.
Meaning - don't convert for him, but for God and God only.
Men are not perfect you may be dissapointed.
"Marriage out of love", and "conversion out of belief" are 2 different things.
They should be independent of each other.

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Labibah
Member # 9742

Rate Member
No, I don`t want to convert. I have not met his family yet, and I start now to think things over again, because I am afraid something "stink". My feet are getting icecold and I do not know anything now before I get him on the phone again.

nyway I go to Hurghada in february to visit my egyptian "soulbrother" and my local friends. I might go to hurghada to rent a flat for two months next summer.

With -or without a futurehusband.

I am very strong and independent whoman, and this will be a big problem for any Egyptian man I think. So I must be very careful now, so I do not act stupid!

- Maz -
Member # 9764

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for - Maz -     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi,I thought I could add something useful (even though I'm a man) as I'm Egyptian but lived most of my life in Germany. So I see where you come from, but as an egy I would like to ask you to consider whether he wants to marry you because of you, or as to get out of egy and to europe somehow and then reconsider everything again? About the family, average egys love foreigners, as long as they are honest, friendly, and don't think they're better just because they come from richer countries. So just be yourself, but make sure you make friends with the mother [Smile] Good luck !!!
Posts: 88 | From: Brasilia, DF, Brazil | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
---
Member # 9766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ---         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann-Lill:
Don't mix between a temporary feelings you had during a vacation, and reality, are you sure about your feelings? There is a huge culture chock and differences. You were brought up free from strong, traditional, old fashioned beliefs, and he is not. What seems to be an exciting love today could change tomorrow. I just wanted to say you need to think this over for a while, and don't rush. Living in the US for 25 years, I have seen so many horrible stories in similar marriages. I don't mean to scare you, just be careful and take your time. Also, ask yourself, how much your religion and Christ means to you as well. Are willing to give it all up? Good luck

Posts: 132 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ann-Lill:

I am very strong and independent whoman, and this will be a big problem for any Egyptian man I think. So I must be very careful now, so I do not act stupid!

Bravo and enjoy your vacation - whatever the outcome is. [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Labibah
Member # 9742

Rate Member
And I just found out I want to waut with this marriage, because I want to get to know
egypt a lot better. I start business in Hurghada in August 2006 together with a Egyptin friend who is like my older brother. He tell me to wait with this love.thing and I listen to him because he is a wise man. I do not want to be looked down on because I just married Orfi. I want everything to be leagal, respectful and honerable.

--------------------
everything is possible!

puppy
Member # 6116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for puppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be careful...starting busines here is other story..and other story is to marry an egyptian.
i'm finnish,living in hurghada with egyptian husband..and believe me,there is maybe 1 egyptian man from 1000,who could accept me as i'am..who is open minded,with real love..,who know,that marriage can work only,if both of are ready for compromises..
please,do not hurry to get marry..or put ur money to busines,without knowing ur partner very well..u find lot of friends,when u have money..but 95 % of those people are not real friends.
take ur time and see how is life here.
good luck.
and if/when u will marry,do not make orfi..

Posts: 263 | From: Hurghada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
---
Member # 9766

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ---         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ann-Lill:
Listen to Puppy, it sounds like; she has been there and done that already. Why risk your life, money, and youth. Why get married this way at all? ask yourself, is this how I want to be treated, or live? is this the last man, or last place in the world? you need to re-evaluate the situation and realize the difference between reality and false dreams. Good luck.

Posts: 132 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ~Sharon Stone~:
You should know that - once you convert there is no way to revert. [Big Grin]
Don't mix love for God with love for a man.
Meaning - don't convert for him, but for God and God only.
Men are not perfect you may be dissapointed.
"Marriage out of love", and "conversion out of belief" are 2 different things.
They should be independent of each other.

Amen. Amen. Amen.
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karah_Mia
Member # 4668

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karah_Mia   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ann-Lill:
No, I don`t want to convert. I have not met his family yet, and I start now to think things over again, because I am afraid something "stink". My feet are getting icecold and I do not know anything now before I get him on the phone again.

nyway I go to Hurghada in february to visit my egyptian "soulbrother" and my local friends. I might go to hurghada to rent a flat for two months next summer.

With -or without a futurehusband.

Good thinking Ann. Don't worry about 'acting stupid': be yourself, however respect the customs and people around you. Try to 'visualize' yourself in the new environment as a part of it, not just a short-term vacationer. That really puts things into perspective...
Posts: 2238 | From: Mother Earth | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob the dog
Member # 4691

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob the dog     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please take note of my friend Puppy, she knows what she's talking about!!
Her husband is a nice guy who loves her very much... he also has no 'hidden agenda' , as most men wanting to marry a tourist do!!!
The staring a business thing.... please be very careful also!! I've got an English friend here in Hurghada that's just been cheated out of a lot of money, going into a business with a 'really lovely 100% trustworthy guy' !!
Take care!!!!
And orfi marriage.... it's not marriage at all.. just a licence to shag!!!!

Posts: 4238 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Labibah
Member # 9742

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Samia:
Please take note of my friend Puppy, she knows what she's talking about!!
Her husband is a nice guy who loves her very much... he also has no 'hidden agenda' , as most men wanting to marry a tourist do!!!
The staring a business thing.... please be very careful also!! I've got an English friend here in Hurghada that's just been cheated out of a lot of money, going into a business with a 'really lovely 100% trustworthy guy' !!
Take care!!!!
And orfi marriage.... it's not marriage at all.. just a licence to shag!!!!

Thanks a lot for good advices.

I am longing to leave this cold country, but I know I must be careful. I think when you never see the sun for a few months in the winthertime in Norway, it is easy to get lost, it does not matter witch country you visit.

I sit here in my cold office, we hav minus 20 degrees outside, and I am not happy to go outside this door to take the bus home... I only long for a warm sun, blue sky and a hot chocolate-man to say nice things to me.
(The Norwegian men are too cold to speak at all)

I go to Hurghada in february to see one more time if this is a paradise or not for me. Than I will have a lot more knowledge about everything down there, ecpecially the chocolate-men...

Maybe my illutions will break down?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com