EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » marital place and love

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: marital place and love
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmeds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if ur in love with a girl/boy, and they are different in the marital place of the community, does that matter ?

im sure that does matter alot in egypt ...

what's ur opinion ?

anyway , im having this problem ...

Posts: 295 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zoeysgirl
Member # 9843

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for zoeysgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
andre-can u explain that again? marital place of community?
Posts: 19 | From: usa | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ahmeds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm , i mean ,the level in the community , the familys class
got the point ?

--------------------
if i weren't an egyptian , i would be an egyptian , [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 295 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sonomod
Member # 3864

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sonomod   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by AndreAhmed:
hmm , i mean ,the level in the community , the familys class
got the point ?

yes it matter very much.

My family is middle class and my husband's family are middle class but come from formerly elevated level in society.

So they have false or empty airs.

It also depends on how your family and her family are open to different cultures and whether either family is ethnocentric.

Makes a big difference.

Posts: 5744 | From: Minneapolis, Mn USA | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like that song 'uptown uptempo woman, downtown downbeat guy'.

Which way round is it - I think generally around the world where this issue is still thought important, this is more of a problem if the man is 'lower class' than the woman. I think in Britain we would on the surface say it isn't a problem but actually it probably would be - if a female lawyer wanted to marry a male van driver or something people would think 'it won't last'.

If the woman is 'lower class' than the man, its ok, she can marry up (as long as its not too many classes and she knows which knife and fork to use first without embarrassing him in polite company).

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ahmeds
Member # 9277

Rate Member
owww [Frown] ((((((

okkk :S

--------------------
if i weren't an egyptian , i would be an egyptian , [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com