EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » someone add this up for me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: someone add this up for me
rosegarden
Member # 5187

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for rosegarden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oky go with me on this coz i know im slow but not that slow...my egyptian lover tells me that he is 30years of age. A school teacher..the teacher part i believe...
okay! this is easy so far. I asked him does he have any contact with any of his past students?
He said yes! as a matter of fact they go to the same faculty as i went to.
Now? a faculty in egypt is like a university in the western world right?
So if he is 30???....and his past students go to university now? So his past students would be now what?? 17 or 18??.......so how old that make him???.......am i not seeing something here

Posts: 22 | From: australia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe he is Ruth Lawrence's son or maybe her teacher:p

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/july/4/newsid_2492000/2492853.stm

Maybe he means the oldest students he was teaching - if he were a 25 year old teacher, he could be teaching 16-18 year old kids who might go to university now. In fact if he's 30, the oldest he used to teach could have PhD by now!

I'm not far off 46 and the oldest kids I used to teach a million years ago are now hitting 40! As a 22 year old teacher, I was nearer in age to the oldest kids than to most of the other teachers.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_Masrawi_
Member # 9597

Icon 1 posted      Profile for _Masrawi_     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
is this a riddle? i love riddles ...
Posts: 2049 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Rosegarden is probably a bit tired and she might be thinking that you have to start teaching children when they are 0 so that would make her Egy lover 12 when he started teaching or really 36. If he's 30, he could teach or have taught anyone now aged from 5-23/24 (depending how old you have to be in Egypt to be a teacher and what age children go to school there).

I'm sure she'll see the light in the morning - saba el noor or something like that!

Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cat its morning now in australia [Smile]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Real life
Member # 7982

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Real life     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe molokheya:
cat its morning now in australia [Smile]

Maybe she's on night shifts - oh and its nearly morning in England so I better go to bed now too [Cool]
Posts: 148 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Asoom
Member # 8611

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Asoom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by rosegarden:
oky go with me on this coz i know im slow but not that slow...my egyptian lover tells me that he is 30years of age. A school teacher..the teacher part i believe...
okay! this is easy so far. I asked him does he have any contact with any of his past students?
He said yes! as a matter of fact they go to the same faculty as i went to.
Now? a faculty in egypt is like a university in the western world right?
So if he is 30???....and his past students go to university now? So his past students would be now what?? 17 or 18??.......so how old that make him???.......am i not seeing something here

simply, you can ask him!
Posts: 968 | From: www | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosegarden
Member # 5187

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosegarden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hahahaha!!! yes ur comments are good and yes i have worked the maths out .that made him 12......and his past students would be 17 to 18?? he teaches elementary school....and yes i just finished night shift when iwrote this....makes the mind a little slow.....thats why i needed help for addition.....ask him?? u say ?? and make him ashamed!!!...as he keeps telling me he has no reason to lie!!!!.....cough ! cough!......just need the experts to see if the could add the maths.....Great guys !!masrawi!!! u love puzzles but u couldnt work this one out for me....hahahah......thanks for the replies.....guess i knew the answer to the maths...just wasnt sure if i was awake or not.....take care okay .....
Posts: 22 | From: australia | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope HE isnt claiming to be a maths teacher !!!!
Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rosegarden
Member # 5187

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rosegarden     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no his not a maths teacher, otherwise he wouldnt have slipped the tongue in not thinking about what he said.......his english teacher.......and im inclined to listen to old bag.....sounds good to me ......and thanks for that site too old bag.....good reading...

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com