EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Visa Requirements to Stay in Egypt

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Visa Requirements to Stay in Egypt
CuriousBrit
Member # 10266

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CuriousBrit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, i''m slightly new to this.....basically I wanted to ask any British women on this board what visa requirements are there to move to Egypt. I have met and fallen in love with an Egyptian man and I want to move to Cairo to be with him.
I will marry him once i'm there - but I'm very confused about what visa I need and will I be allowed to stay in Egypt automatically by marrying him? I know I can get a three month tourist visa at first - but what happens after that?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Posts: 6 | From: London | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Janet
Member # 9451

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Janet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm English & moved to Luxor 8 months ago. When you are married, I think you will get a years visa when you present your contract. You will have to pay for this. You can then extend it again after the year for another year. Whether you will ever get a visa for longer, I don't know.
Not sure if you know but once you have been here more than a month you can only return to the UK with Egyptair, you cannot get cheap charter flights. It can be quite expensive to fly home for a holiday & you can only fly to London airports. Hope this has been of some help to you. If you would like to send me a private message maybe we could talk some more.
Good luck with your plans for the move.

Posts: 33 | From: Luxor | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can get an ordinary tourist visa renewed for years. Just go along and fill in the form 91 LE and covers you for a year. You need a rentry visa if you leave the country.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newcomer
Member # 1056

Icon 1 posted      Profile for newcomer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
You can get an ordinary tourist visa renewed for years. Just go along and fill in the form 91 LE and covers you for a year. You need a rentry visa if you leave the country.

It's gone up that much this year??? Must be to pay for all the new e-government developments...hope it becomes more efficient too [Wink]
Posts: 4576 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tootifrooti
Member # 9824

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tootifrooti     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One girl who married an egyptian and lives in Red Sea resort flew home last week on Astraeus. No problem and much cheaper than Egyptair. [Smile]
Posts: 1500 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ViVaLaDiVa
Member # 6818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ViVaLaDiVa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
after i married my husband and we presented the marriage contract i received automatically a 3yr residence visa!
Posts: 140 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prettysweetlady
Member # 10143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for prettysweetlady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay well I am married to a egyptian and have been in egypt for 18 months. Visa requirements is you must be married legally with the government no oufry marriage because that is fake only a legal document to have sex. And be careful because you can go to jail if you do get caught married oufry it is not legal with any embassies or with egyptian ministry. Furthermore, be careful if you don't have enough money to survive than I suggest you get a work permit too. Cause if he works and doesn't make more than 300 dollars a month it will be rough times for you. If your smart live with his family first but I tell you egyptian men are different very possessive of there women that is why there are so many extremly large women cause men don't let them out often. Things here are pretty safe but strick on women don't smoke on the streets here it is like taboo. Anyways, before you marry this guy know his family and where he works and check his paycheques. Don't be fooled in thinking he really loves you he may only want a visa, money and these guys online 30% are true the others well there fake and game playing especially in egypt. I see everything here and I watch them in internet cafes so think logically first. By the way I didn't marry my husband until a year after I came here and I came here to learn my religion and I am thankful he is religious like me and FEARS GOD. Good luck and becareful
Posts: 16 | From: Egypt | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com