EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » How do you know when you are depressed? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How do you know when you are depressed?
Athena
Member # 6957

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Athena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Athena
Posts: 14 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you are feeling bad, Athena.....everybody feels sad some of the time, but generally, if you have felt very sad for more than two weeks continually, you might be depressed.

I've struggled with depression all my life, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. [Smile]

Here is some information about depression. I hope you feel better soon. [Smile]

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/depression.cfm

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am really sorry luv, but this is supposed to be a forum about Egypt not a doctors surgery. But how can we help anyway?
Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well when i'm depressed i feel very sad, teary, tired, and i loose interest in all the things i usally like doing.

i'm sorry athena that you are going through depression. its not an easy thing to go through, and unfortunatly not many people understand it.

try to talk to confide to someone close, and do things that usuallay lift your mood. however, if you are still feeling this way in a couple of weeks i think you should talk to a psychologist, they might be able to help. good luck and i hope you feel better soon inshallah

Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for * 7ayat *     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Karena:
I am really sorry luv, but this is supposed to be a forum about Egypt not a doctors surgery. But how can we help anyway?

this forum is not just about egypt. perahps you can use the search engine [Eek!]
Posts: 4446 | From: Egyptian in Sydney | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Athena:
quote:

Karena maybe I am depressed due to life in Egypt.In any event,Inti mafish Mukh.
athena if you are still not feeling well, i can PM you the number of a very good and very understanding doctor inshallah.

why dont you tell us what is upsetting you? maybe we can help

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
7ayat -- I think that would be a great idea -- give her the number. I don't know what types of support groups there are in Egypt for depression, so I guess turning to a trusted doctor is the best thing.

Hang in there, Athena. [Smile]

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
* 7ayat *
Member # 7043

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
7ayat -- I think that would be a great idea -- give her the number. I don't know what types of support groups there are in Egypt for depression, so I guess turning to a trusted doctor is the best thing.

Hang in there, Athena. [Smile]

yeah i know some really good ones. the problem is, unfortunatly seeking psychological help is looked down on in egypt. so im not sure how comfortable athena would be with the idea
daria1975
Member # 6244

It's got to be better to risk embarassment seeking a doctor than continue with the gut-wrenching pain of depression. [Frown]
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh I am so sorry Athena.. Its awfull to be depressed.
But I think 7ayats idea of going to see a doctor is great.
untill then, it helps to write about why youre feeling so down. and talking to a friend helps too.
If you want to talk to a stranger, I am here, and snoozin and 7ayat are here too.

just dont let yourself get any worse.

is you need anything just ask ok?

hope you feel better soon.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena
Member # 6957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I have been feeling sad for a few months now, then lately I have been feeling almost crazy. I feel like I can never please my husband or his family and sometimes he makes me feel crazy. Like there is something wrong with me. I am also sad because I have dome something again that I promised my husband I never would.
Posts: 14 | From: Egypt | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

If you feel like your home/family situation is unhealthy for you, perhaps you should think about leaving, even just on a temporary basis. Let your head clear....
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Serendipity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Well I have been feeling sad for a few months now, then lately I have been feeling almost crazy. I feel like I can never please my husband or his family and sometimes he makes me feel crazy. Like there is something wrong with me. I am also sad because I have dome something again that I promised my husband I never would.

have you tried to sit down with your husband and talk to him about how you feel.
he might even not know how badly you feel or that his actions are causing your depression.

Posts: 2519 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
candy
Member # 10393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for candy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was depressed last year and had 31/2 months off work-so i know what its like;
Depression is an illness, it can go away as soon as it appeared, or can go away only to return.
My CPN advised me to talk as much as possible to her, to cry too its surprising how much that helps its such a realease.
Getting everything out in the open helps, rather than bottling it up inside.
There is enough people on here to listen to you.

Take Care
xxxxx

Posts: 149 | From: england | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
candy
Member # 10393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for candy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just read the above thread no wonder you are depressed sorry
xxxx

Posts: 149 | From: england | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MousseT
Member # 9226

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MousseT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depression is a true illness and as every illness can be cured with medicins very effectively, together with psycotherapy.
One does not have to feel "different" or "crazy" because he suffers of depression, although it is very common (and wrong) to think that anybody who has this illness is mentally ill.

But very frequently a transitory moment of weakness or sadness can be exchanged for depression. Pay a visit to a specialized doctor and he will immediately be able to determine if you need a cure with medicines or not (only some friendly chatting might be enough frequently...).

Good luck Athena! [Smile]

Posts: 285 | From: Milano, Italy | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Geneva:
Are you whoring around again Athena? Is that why you are depressed? I think your husband will kill you this time. You should leave Egypt.

Please don't pick on her, Geneva. None of us really knows her story, and anyone who knows anything about depression KNOWS that depression itself can lead to bad behavior like cheating. Maybe people engage in bad behavior as a way to self-medicate and try to stop the pain. It's misguided, but common. Not saying that is the case, but why kick someone when they are down? [Frown]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my, I remember Athena's story, thanks for providing the link Geneva.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 7ayat- nefsi fe sobya:

yeah i know some really good ones. the problem is, unfortunatly seeking psychological help is looked down on in egypt. so im not sure how comfortable athena would be with the idea [/QB][/QUOTE]

I would advise Athena to go for marriage counceling but I am sure it's looked down too in Egypt.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena
Member # 6957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Athena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm sorry you are feeling bad, Athena.....everybody feels sad some of the time, but generally, if you have felt very sad for more than two weeks continually, you might be depressed.

I've struggled with depression all my life, so if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. [Smile]

Here is some information about depression. I hope you feel better soon. [Smile]

http://www.nimh.nih.gov/publicat/depression.cfm

Thanks for the link Snoozin.
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
When I am depressed I visualize kicking guys in the gonads. Specific guys who have caused me pain, like bosses, classmates, my husband, neighbors.
But its still soothes me.

Well that's a new visualization technique to me! But whatever works! [Big Grin]
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by sonomod:
When I am depressed I visualize kicking guys in the gonads. Specific guys who have caused me pain, like bosses, classmates, my husband, neighbors.
But its still soothes me.

Well that's a new visualization technique to me! But whatever works! [Big Grin]
I remember when i got my first heart break.. I wanted to join kickboxing.. now imagine my level of anger back then!! [Big Grin]
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by Serendipity:
I remember when i got my first heart break.. I wanted to join kickboxing.. now imagine my level of anger back then!! [Big Grin]

I was taking a kickboxing class when this short guy broke my heart. I imagined kicking him in the face, which wouldn't be too hard, given his height. [Wink] But it never really did anything for me. Other than improve my side kick, I guess. [Razz]
EgyptianMau
Member # 9655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianMau     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

I'm sorry too luv, so why don't you shove it up your ***

Posts: 68 | From: Easton Pa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EgyptianMau
Member # 9655

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for EgyptianMau     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by EgyptianMau:

PS..that was meant for Karena
Posts: 68 | From: Easton Pa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:

[Eek!] nice, nice talk for a woman. I just saw your avatar and thought I made this insult unknowingly...... what a shock! [Embarrassed]
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
Originally posted by *Tigerlily*:
quote:

[Eek!] nice, nice talk for a woman. I just saw your avatar and thought I made this insult unknowingly...... what a shock! [Embarrassed]
Heh heh. That happened to me once too, when someone posted with my same avatar...i thought I was losing my mind. [Smile] Didn't realize we relied on those things so much to identify posters....
Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just read your story for the first time...
All I can say is the depression you think you have is nothing but GUILT.

I don't know which country your from but you need to go back there and stop fantasizing about the cousin.

You are nothing but a low-life whore. Didn't you find it even more humilating that a whore was paying for the sex instead of the other way around?

DISGUSTING...

There is no excuse for your behavior. I hope your husband has you horse-whipped and divorces you and leaves you in the cold. That is what you deserve.

Perhaps he has already done that.

quote:

Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karena
Member # 9835

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karena     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm sorry too luv, so why don't you shove it up your *** "

Actually EgyptianMau for your information I sent Athena a private PM apologising for being rude about her post and I apologise as I was having a bad day myself.

At least I was not as rude and as common as what has come out of your mouth. [Eek!] Perhaps Luv you should try shoving a bar of soap in it to wash it out!!!!

Posts: 200 | From: uk | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Potter.
Member # 10461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Potter.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MousseT:
Depression is a true illness and as every illness can be cured with medicins very effectively, together with psycotherapy.
One does not have to feel "different" or "crazy" because he suffers of depression, although it is very common (and wrong) to think that anybody who has this illness is mentally ill.

But very frequently a transitory moment of weakness or sadness can be exchanged for depression. Pay a visit to a specialized doctor and he will immediately be able to determine if you need a cure with medicines or not (only some friendly chatting might be enough frequently...).

Good luck Athena! [Smile]

That was so lovely n wise n so caring! [Smile]
Posts: 512 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheWesternDebt2Islaam
Member # 7854

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheWesternDebt2Islaam   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Athena

i think depression is lost of hope...
Posts: 2457 | From: U | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snap dragon...... you horrid woman. everyone makes mistakes, i guess your perfect though. in my experience, people who name call like that are very insecure about the subject.... worried your husband will.... or has strayed???
this girl has done things wrong... havnt we all... you dont know the whole story. what if this girl commits suicide and her mother, or child posts here asking you why you said this.... would you feel totally justified? i wouldn't. would it haunt you... would you think twice before saying such a thing again?

why do i get this awful feeling you dont and wouldnt care.

Good luck Athena...... and please dont make ANY decisions when you feel this low.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truedevotion
Member # 10049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truedevotion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shame on you!!
Doesn´t your holy book say don´t judge other people???
You don´t know the whole story.
If she has the courage to share her story and depression because of guilty (my opinion)maybe we shoud not make she feel even worse.

Have you guys ever thought that your "so innocently" written harsh words cand be too much and last period to someone who is already in crisis??

When some of you say...I would never do such...Youd should take never away.
It is said you will do exactly those things in your future you are blaiming others now.
You can say, I don´t let my marriage to get that point that I would cheat him - instead.

Posts: 118 | From: Finland | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike R.
Member # 9984

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike R.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
don't judge others, depression is a deep black pit, but its never as bad as it appears at the time, tell yourself this then remember afterwards how you felt at the time - then the next time you feel bad you will have hope.
Does this help?

Posts: 15 | From: SCOTLAND | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome mike, fellow scot... have you seen tooties thread on 'oni bidi......'

sorry... back to the point.
depression is medical. lets please not forget this. see a doctor.
things in our life can make us sad... sad is usually an understatement. this isnt depression, its normal and natural. it can lead to depression, but the methods of tackling it are different.
you cant aim to change the 'big' thing thats to blame.... if it was this easy to change it would have been just as easy to avoid it in the first place.
try to identify small things that you can change.
dont think about what makes you sad and try to stop that......this is VERY hard.
instead, identify the things that make you feel even slightly better... and work them into your daily routine. for me it was simple things like getting up and putting music on.
i wasnt reaching happily for the stereo... i didnt want to hear it.... but i made myself do it... and it lightened my spirit. this then gave me the strength to identify a small thing in the mornings that made me feel bad that i wanted to stop..... i realised waking up, then lying in bed awake made me think of all the bad things, and i didnt want to get up.
after id got used to putting the stereo on when i got out of bed i then forced myself to get out of bed within 2 or 3 minutes of waking..... then putting the music on.....

do you see. before long my morning routine and mood had completely changed.
its 1 small step on a long road, but its a start.

i will add that my next step was to get myself to the doctors!!!!

good luck.

Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike R.
Member # 9984

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike R.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Charm - Hi seen the thread but even I'm strugglin to understand!
yours is good advice, somebody once said to me don't worry about things you can't change, only those things you can......easier said than done me thinks!

Posts: 15 | From: SCOTLAND | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
grant me the courage to change the things i can
serenity to accept the things i cannot
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
athena... im an athiest but....

http://www.footprints-inthe-sand.com/

click on POEM on the left!
you might want to turn the sound off? i did!

Snapdragon
Member # 9036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Snapdragon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im horrid! LOL Oh Spare me!!

She is a tramp. For GOD's sake she even admitted to doing it again. She made a mistake once with this situation, she came back a year later claiming she did it again and can't understand WHY she is having this guilty feeling and her husband is treating her differently. Hello!?

If it looks and acts like a whore, well then it probably is one.

Not that I need to justify myself, I don't cheat, never have, nor never will and NO you idiotic British pig, my husband has not either. Maybe you are the one who feels insecure and that is why you are not married or haven't been married.

If anyone's marriage is in such trouble they need to cheat, then they need to get out of the marriage and stop lying to their partner. That is nothing but selfishness. AND in the middle eastern culture, she should have already been shunned. I guess she should feel lucky she is not an Egyptian wife because she would not be having it so easy now.

(BESIDES...what I wrote was for Athena NOT YOU!) She needs a wake-up call instead of all these people saying everything will be ok blah, blah, blah. If she has not admitted to her husband yet, she needs to do so.

quote:
Originally posted by Charm El Feikh?:
Snap dragon...... you horrid woman. everyone makes mistakes, i guess your perfect though. in my experience, people who name call like that are very insecure about the subject.... worried your husband will.... or has strayed???
this girl has done things wrong... havnt we all... you dont know the whole story. what if this girl commits suicide and her mother, or child posts here asking you why you said this.... would you feel totally justified? i wouldn't. would it haunt you... would you think twice before saying such a thing again?

why do i get this awful feeling you dont and wouldnt care.

Good luck Athena...... and please dont make ANY decisions when you feel this low.

Posts: 525 | From: USA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
quote:

Well, she didn't clearly admitted to adultery this time you can only assume although what else could she have DONE AGAIN after reading her previous thread?

I also would feel sad, depressed and even fearing for my life committing such a thing. Athena, your husband might have forgiven you but he hasn't forgotten. His pride and ego are clearly bruised.

About pleasing his family (I am sure they don't know your little secret) but it could be cultural misunderstanding and miscommunication between both sides. You might never integrated well into this family or they expected their son to marry an Egytian woman anyway and no matter how hard you try you will never be able to make anything right for them, there will always be tensions. But we don't know the whole circumstances.

Please figure things out. If you are so unhappy in your marriage and even cheating on your husband - leave. It's the same advice given to you a year ago.

Melati
Member # 9610

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Melati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes people refer to depression as
" the black dog", meaning it shadows and barks and bites at you.
I think it was originally attributed to Winston Churchill, who suffered depression throughout his life.
It is a serious illness.
Thankfully I myself have never suffered it, but I do know people who have.It is very draining to be around a depressed person when they are in a depressed state, but we must always persevere.My good friend suffers from Manic depression, and although she has extremely challenging and annoying manic phases, she doesnt get suicidal when she gets the depression.But she does get mean and nasty.
But you have to take the phone off her when shes manic, and sometimes she HAS to be hospitalised for her own safety.She begins to believe she must procreate, and thats really really dangerous because she doesnt sleep and just goes out walking all night by herself.And she kind of looks like angelina jolie crossed with lisa presley, so guys just love her .
When she is well she is the most wonderful and logical, humorous girl,and she has a really high iq.I love her to bits.
Athena, I think you also should leave. The situation is not healthy, and you need some perspective. There is more to life than being in a marriage you are not happy in, and definitely more to life then being used by your husbands cousin.Because where will that end?

Posts: 872 | From: Sydney | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Athena
Member # 6957

Rate Member
I want to truly thank everyone that was helpful to me these past few days. I think I understand better that maybe I do need help and that there is help available to me here in Egypt. I also want to thank Karena and Susan for their private messages of support for me and offers of help. Further, I see that someone pulled up my old thread about my affair and that is just fine. I have nothing to hide and realize that I am the person I am today,both mistakes and successes,and I simply try to live as best I can.

Again, not that it matters,but I have not again cheated on my husband. I have had a setback of a serious medical condition that appeared at University and my husband and family just do not understand why I just won't eat! I thought I had beaten anorexia years ago,but I guess because I am stressed it has reappeared and that has brought even more stress on me.

My husband was so supportive about it at first,but now I think he just feels like his family and wants to know why I just won't eat??????? I have tried to explain to them that I have no desire to eat,but they simply do not understand and that has alienated much good will between us. I feel badly about it, because my husband has really gone to the mat for me on many things,most glaringly the affair. I almost resent him I guess in a way. How can he be so supportive of me after everything? At times I just get tired of his support and "I'm here for you" and want to be left alone. I need my space and feel trapped sometimes.I just need him to understand,but to also back off!

Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Athena..... OMG babe, are you seeing a doctor. you have a MEDICAL CONDITION. its no good looking for helpful advice and support over depression if you have an eating disorder. if i found out i found out i had cancer id be depressed, but no amount of sympathy would help... id get the appropriate treatment.
dont get me wrong, ES is here for you. you can PM me anytime, but please please see a doctor.

and what you said about you being the person you are..... good for you. dont worry about the names you get called here. i think we are up against perfection here. i have made many mistakes but i have also done a lot of things im proud of. how you deal with things makes you who you are, and you seem like a decent person to me.

and to Snapdraggon. i appologise for calling you a horrid person. i dont know you. i think what you have said is horrid. i know someone who commited suicide due to comments like that. there is ALWAYS two sides to every story.

tutu3in1
Member # 10460

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tutu3in1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are asking if you are depressed...you most likely are depressed. You may need someone to talk to. I think you should contact your medical doctor also. Depression is not something to take lightly.
Posts: 9 | From: United States | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
oh dear.... wheres the snappy dragon gone????
i do hope she hasnt fallen off her soap box!!!!!

Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Now look how easily it is for ppl to judge around here..

Athena, as Charm said. Do go to a doctor.
the problem is that you cant defeat anorexia when depression is making you weak.
You have to go to a proffesional whom depression and anorexia is his specialty.

Dont ignore it or say it will be better, cause its like a spider web. It spins and spins in the end you are trapped and you dont know your way out.

Athena, I really hope you take my words into consideration and seek help.
The real worry is not your husband or his famil,. Its your health and wellbeing.

santanesia
Member # 10108

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for santanesia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Athena,
I also beat a eating disorder in my early 20's and came back when I turned 40 ans I beat again.

Please find help!!!
Life as a imigrant is hard and sometimes very painfull.I live in US for 16 yrs now and sometimesd I miss everything, everybody , sounds, smells, scenery, you name it... Then it goes away.

I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you but I'm here for you.
Try to think about food as fuel. A car can't move without it, neither can we.Try little amounts 6 times a day , just a little and take one day at a time.
Stop blaming yourself about everything.
Forgive yourself, please! Guilt is a very hard feeling and doesn't fix anything!
I whish you the best!

Posts: 106 | From: Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barbapapa
Member # 10031

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barbapapa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also had eating disorder when I was younger. I was in a very selective school, and turned like crazy there. The same year, I also lost my grandfather, and from this moment, I refused to eat anything, I wanted to die and join him there. El hamdulilleh I'm fine now, but I know that every time I face problems -and it was the case last year, I refuse food, and get very weak. But I always find the strength to stop this vicious circle.Last year I felt the same, totally depressed -I had left my fiance in Egypt, back to my town all my friends had left while I was working in Egypt...it was awful. I was crying all the time, stopped eating, then ate too much, refused to see people, to go out... I didn't see any doctor, maybe I should have, but I did prayed a lot, focused on my religious life, on the relatives I could help. I stopped thinking too much of me, and I recovered. I feel great now, strong, happy, and life smiles to me again!
Take care of yourself Athena, and good luck.

Posts: 531 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Serendipity
Member # 7211

Member Rated:
Athena, just wanted to know how you were doing now. please let us know [Smile]
cocoapuffs
Member # 9452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cocoapuffs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snapdragon:

You are nothing but a low-life whore.

Whoa, slow down there. You can think that to yourself, but you dont go around telling people that.

Im sure you have skeletons in your closet, and Im sure youre not disclosing them because you fear people will treat you the way youve just treated her.

Im not making excuses for her, but you have too much confidence in your own morality to be saying that to someone else. Be careful what you say.

Posts: 120 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com