EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Travelling with Egyptian man.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Travelling with Egyptian man.
Diana355
Member # 9718

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diana355     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to go to Cairo for one week with my boyfriend but i know that muslim man cant travell with girl who isnt his wife.I want to ask how it looks in practice?Is this possible and how we should behave?
Posts: 5 | From: poland | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is he Egyptian?
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Automatic
Member # 7290

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for Automatic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snoozin:
Is he Egyptian?

Topic: Travelling with Egyptian man.
Posts: 140 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diana355
Member # 9718

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diana355     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes,he is Egyptian man...
Posts: 5 | From: poland | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana
Member # 11116

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KERDA(chimps:)munki dnt chop banana     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well it can be easy and it can be hard take pot luck ??itravelled around with my husband before we married but its worse it seems if your both muslim ,my friends didnt have problem if they were not of the faith and traveling with there man but has i said its pot luck some dont have a problem and some have a great problem GOOD LUCK NICE HOLIDAY [Smile]
Posts: 354 | From: deputydawgland | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rawy
Member # 10355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rawy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
make with him orfi contract. it is one way to solve your problem in egypt. good luck.

--------------------
rawy

Posts: 66 | From: ukraine | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the reality is when you arrive at a hotel and book a room they will ask to see marriage papers if you try and book a double rooom.

If you book 2 singles you will find them on different floors and often staff will check you don't visit each other.

If you rent a flat the lamdlard will again ask for your marriage papers as has been sadi above Orfi papaers cam be sufficient. The higher class a hotel the more strict they will be.

If you walk along hand in hand in some place you will be asked for marriage papers. some places you don't have to be hand in hand just together.

police checkpoints also may check you.

I don't know what happens if you haven't got marriage papers but I suspect the problems will be for the Egyptian not the Westerner. Bribery or arrogance can win the day.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you will have no problems in cairo holding hands in public, etc. you can't stay in the same hotel room. full stop. orfi papers mean nothing. if you stay at a five star, you can pretty much insist to have rooms next to each other. tip the person bringing your bags up well, and they won't bother you.

that said, if your boyfriend doesn't look like he can afford the hotel room (ie, egypt is very class based and the staff will be able to tell his class from way he speaks, carries himself, etc.) they will give him problems and they will assume he's one of these jerks who's trying to get your money/visa/etc. they will be rude to him, thinking he's a gigallo but really they'll be trying to watch out for you.

Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
An Exercise in Futility
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for An Exercise in Futility         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My egy BF and I rented a flat in Mohandiseen Cairo for a few days earlier this year. No one asked to see papers (just as well as there aren't any). We had no hassle at all from anyone in Cairo.

The worst hassle we ever got was from the police in Hurghada who refused to believe he didn't work in a hotel there and in Luxor occasionally when we were walking by the Nile Corniche in the evening.

Posts: 5593 | From: Egypt | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alec32
Member # 9335

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alec32     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Three years ago I stay with my finace at the Marriot in Cairo. While at his parents house I went on line and booked a room through expedia.com I checked in and they never asked me any questions. It is none of there business if you are married or not. Maybe a local hotel is different than a big corporation. We went all around and when we went to a TGIfridays and you go through a metal detector. He told them I was american and they waived me through-same at hotel security. I was treated fine on the streets, not covered, but dressed conservatively
Posts: 14 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ExptinCAI
Member # 1439

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ExptinCAI     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Alec, it is their business because it is against the law for unmarried couple to check into a room together. Hotels only look the other way when 2 foreigners check in and "assume" they're married. ;-)
Posts: 2182 | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet Pea
Member # 10993

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sweet Pea     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My family requested our three rooms we booked to be adjacent from each other and asked for my egyptian friends room to be adjacent to our three aswel to make life easier. The hotel gave us the adjacent rooms no problem but with his room - no way. They put him 3 floors above ours!! He did mention to me since we were quite obviously foreigners and him Egyptian that the hotel had the right to ask him how he knew us and for how long. They never gave him any hassle but they did have the right.
Posts: 87 | From: UK | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kalma
Member # 11210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kalma     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hello dear all
as i'm stranger here for five years ago i assure you that no problem about taking boyfriend in egypt and living together in one flat.
so whoever living presently in cairo or arranged to come and have friend to live with egyptian or non egyptian its very easy as we are looking what is happening in cairo.
me too i'm single 23 old living alone in cairo who is searching for boy friend to spend summer with i'm ready all time .
contact only by:habou_hali@maktoob.com
frnch ,english ,arabic speaker,african

Posts: 21 | From: cairo | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aya Hosni
Member # 10646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aya Hosni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard if coming to Cairo for longer time and wanting to rent a flat- u can meet problems. So- will orfi help or no???? And who will control if u r married or no while renting a flat???
Does anybody know?

Posts: 188 | From: Baltics | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Eek!]
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just tell everybody who will ask you:"It's non of you fucking business"!!!
I can't believe why they care of someone else things!The situation there is worse then communism.

Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Aya Hosni
Member # 10646

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aya Hosni     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But we must respect that culture and habits, right? And who will give a flat if smb will start to talk about f***** business [Eek!]
Posts: 188 | From: Baltics | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

So just say that it's non of your bussines.I mean if someone will ask me I'm sure I'll get mad,why they care.I mean their culture and how people want to live is totally different!
They have to live in islamic law,in fact something that God never order but people.
I'm not sure if they have rights to say what the others have to do in their life and how to live their life.

Aya Hosni
Member # 10646

U're right. But anyway everybody tries to control that...I've heard about problems with police and so on. I'not sure if ones can walk along the street holding their hands especially if girl is non-egyptian. Maybe i'm wrong
Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
Originally posted by Bite:
U're right. But anyway everybody tries to control that...I've heard about problems with police and so on. I'not sure if ones can walk along the street holding their hands especially if girl is non-egyptian. Maybe i'm wrong

Unbelievable!!!I just have to hate the islamic law.It so unfree!I'll better stay in free counties and will go with my boyfriend rent the same hotel room or whatever.And taking walk and holding our hands in front of everybody.
akshar
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for akshar   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Islamic law is perfectly free. You can hold hands with your husband in private. I don't wash my bottom in the street and there are other things that also do not need to happen in public. Christians used to behave like this Ephesians 5:19

BTW Hand holding afterall is a sign of a teenage romance.

--------------------
Jane Akshar UK Co-owner of www.flatsinluxor.co.uk Appartments and Tours in Luxor

Posts: 2791 | From: www.flatsinluxor.co.uk, Luxor, Egypt | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elegantly Wasted
Member # 8386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elegantly Wasted     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Everyone in Egypt holds hands. Even niqabis hold hands with their husbands while walking in the street. I never went out a single time without holding my husband's hand.

quote:
Originally posted by Bite:

Posts: 2735 | From: my desk | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by akshar:
Islamic law is perfectly free. You can hold hands with your husband in private. I don't wash my bottom in the street and there are other things that also do not need to happen in public. Christians used to behave like this Ephesians 5:19

Not really. I see old people, in their 60s, 70s, and 80s holding hands.

But this is a two person relationship, these people have been married for decades, happily.

I have even seen an elderly couple in their late 60s' the guy holding his wife, arm around her middle, then the hand moves south, he squeezes and then sticks his tongue in her ear.

Okay this is front of me, my sister and a small crowd of people.

Yeah CHristians used to be more restrained publically, but older men used to have a mistress he would do this in private with. Totally leaving his older wife alone and loveless.

I'll take the older couple who gropes each other in the street over the older couple with the husband chasing a mistress around in private, any day.

DAMN the old people are horney and MONOGAMOUS here (in Minnesota). [Big Grin]

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

quote:
Originally posted by akshar:

Excuse me?!!Get real!Everyone who loves each other is holding their hands.It is not sign of teenage romance!
It is what people want to do and what can do.And they are free to do what they feel like they want to do.

Marcella
Member # 10978

[QUOTE]Originally posted by akshar:
[QB] Islamic law is perfectly free. You can hold hands with your husband in private.

I can hold my hands everywhere I want to!!!This is free,and also I can kiss my boyfriend everywhereI want to!!!

I don't wash my bottom in the street and there are other things that also do not need to happen in public. Christians used to behave like this Ephesians 5:19

This is crazy "free" islamic law.

Aya Hosni
Member # 10646

I think for ppl, who have lived in this islamic culture and society for some time, a lot of things seems to be simplyer even that hand holding. Maybe all newcomers come into 'this world' with a dose of precaution and confusion and that's why they experience disappointment...maybe just attract unwanted attention to themselves by their behavior...maybe lack of living experience in this culture... Anyway- from where then all those stories about police, problems with flat rentings. It really happens [Mad]
Chef Mick
Member # 11209

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chef Mick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i had never had a problem in egypt with my boyfriend now my husband we always walked hand in hand wherever we went . we even kissed on the streets and hugged , there was never a problem. people always smiled at us like they thought it was cute.
Posts: 9443 | From: USA...... | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

iI supposed to be like that without problems,anywhere.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com