EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Is Love a decision or it's something beyond your will?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Love a decision or it's something beyond your will?
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 5 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How sofisticated you can love, so that it's proven to everyone around? [Big Grin]

I had an experiences many times I really like a person and then I find out he is married and I lose interest. ( automatically )

Is it because of ethical and moral values or because love is a decision? I want to think that Love is beyond our will, but is it really?

What do you think?

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its like rabbies. Its not a decision, its not beyond your will, its something you avoid.

But if you are a person who likes to feed squirels in the park you will eventually get rabbies.

Love is alot like feeding squirels in a park. Some people are just to smart to do something like that.

--------------------
Don't freak out, sonomod, Organized Crime, whatever. If I annoy you its me!

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting point. I wonder if I really liked then ...or it was some form of 1st level attraction that gave me enough control to say - no way he is married.

I mean think of this, let's say you are very much in love with someone and you find out that person killed someone or did something that is unaccaptable to you and you did not know.

Since Trust is important factor for Love to be and to grow, in this case, I never loved - I was deceived and loved "an image", thus it would be easy for me to walk away.

In some way, I have a feeling we personally convince ourselves that we love, when in fact we just like the idea we created in our minds.

Does this make sense? [Big Grin] Any thoughts, anyone? [Big Grin] [Smile]

Posts: 989 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sonomod_me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alright I have taken it upon myself to hijack this thread of "sharon stone's" again.

Remember that "Victorian Smoking Room" exercise I had posted a while back? http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=009030;p=1

Well I will add another kind of exercise. Its a long read, I will have switched a few terms/words. And A poll will come at the end, or at least put a different thread up with a poll. But I won't want to add a poll until usernames have read the account.

If anyone is game?

--------------------

Posts: 1765 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok... im off to do the other one first.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sonomod_me
Member # 10522

Here's the first part:

There are many mysteries inlife, unseen powers in the universe, worlds other than our own, hidden links and radiations that draw creatures together and whose effects is interacting. They may merge or be incompatible, and perhaps the day will come when science will find a method for connecting up these worlds in the same way as it has made it possible to voyage to other planets. Who knows?

Yet one of these other worlds I have explored; I have lived in it and been linked with its creatures through the bond of love. I used to pass with amazing speed between this tangible world of ours and another invisible earth, mising in the two worlds on one and the same day, as though living it twice over.

When entering into the world of my live and being summoned and yielding to its call, no one around me would be aware of what was happening to me. All that occurred was that I would be overcome by something resembling a state of languor and would go off into a semi-sleep. Nothing about me would change except that I would become very silent and withdrawn, though I am normally a person who is talkative and eager to go out into the world of people. I would year to be on my own, would long for the moment of surrender as I prepared myself for answeing the call.

Love had its beginning when an order came through for my husbnd to be transfered to a quiet country town and, being too busy with his work, delegated to me the task of going to this town to choose suitable accomodation prior to his taking up the new appointment. He cabled one of his subordinates named Karl and asked him to meet me at the statioin and to assist me.

I took the early morning train. The images of a dream I had had that night came to me as I looked out at the vast fields and gauged the distances between the towns through which the train passed and reckoned how far it was between the new town in which we were fated and beloved Boston.

The images of the dream kept reappearing to me, forcing themselves upon my mind: images of a small white house surrounded by a garden with bushes bearing yellow flowers, a house lying on the edge of a broad canal in which were swans and tall sailing boats. I kept on wondering at my dream trying to analyse it. Perhaps it was some secret wish I had had, or maybe the echo of some image that my subconscious had stored up and was chewing over.

--------------------

DeepRest
Member # 11218

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeepRest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ' Sharon Stone ':
Interesting point. I wonder if I really liked then ...or it was some form of 1st level attraction that gave me enough control to say - no way he is married.

I mean think of this, let's say you are very much in love with someone and you find out that person killed someone or did something that is unaccaptable to you and you did not know.

Since Trust is important factor for Love to be and to grow, in this case, I never loved - I was deceived and loved "an image", thus it would be easy for me to walk away.

In some way, I have a feeling we personally convince ourselves that we love, when in fact we just like the idea we created in our minds.

Does this make sense? [Big Grin] Any thoughts, anyone? [Big Grin] [Smile]

i think you are in love "Sharon Stone" [Wink]
and yes love is nothing but a perfect image about the person you love. but you creat it when your heart needs it and it fades by time.
if you want a good advice about love here is one:
use your mind not heart 1st.

not only u will find the man you dream of, but you will also protect your self from the false image your heart might give.

the heart is weak, the mind is strong and suspicious, if it accepted to love it will not break your heart, only if you have mental illness [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 33 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ' Sharon Stone ':
How sofisticated you can love, so that it's proven to everyone around? :D

I had an experiences many times I really like a person and then I find out he is married and I lose interest. ( automatically )

Is it because of ethical and moral values or because love is a decision? I want to think that Love is beyond our will, but is it really?

What do you think?

I think this is a normal that you lose your interest in this person.You wasn't really in love with him it was just some kind of sympathy.
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 7 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DeepRest:
i think you are in love "Sharon Stone" [Wink]
and yes love is nothing but a perfect image about the person you love. but you creat it when your heart needs it and it fades by time.
if you want a good advice about love here is one:
use your mind not heart 1st.

not only u will find the man you dream of, but you will also protect your self from the false image your heart might give.

the heart is weak, the mind is strong and suspicious, if it accepted to love it will not break your heart, only if you have mental illness [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

I agree with you, but I am not in love ( yet [Big Grin] ).
Honestly I think that Love can't reason. Because it's pure emotion and emotions can't THINK. So if your mind is in control you can never really be deeply in love. Love has no reason otherwise it's not real love it's personal conviction.

For people who first think (reason) it's hard to fell in love Because they know it's "falling for the image" created in your mind, that's the problem.

However, what makes us do so is purely physical CHEMISTRY. I mean sexual. [Big Grin] Chemistry is like a magnet, a cocain, a drug - you enter biological areas and that's when you start losing the control. You can manage to control it for some time, but if attraction is very strong you will find the ways and justifications to get there.

God really knew how to trick us. [Big Grin]

So, Love is a phenomenon. I would say, make sure people who love you really love you for who you are otherwise once they find out the truth, their image about your falls appart however, they can change this image on their own, so don't laugh when someone tells you - you are a man-woman of my life- because that's only the IDEA, the image they hold of you and it may have nothing to do with you whatsoever. [Big Grin]

Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ' Sharon Stone ':
Chemistry is like a cocain, a drug - Do you have experience? [Wink]

Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ' Sharon Stone '     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Experience with what?
Marcella
Member # 10978

Don't you remember you own words?
' Sharon Stone '
Member # 5169

Everything I speak off must be my experience? You are joking, right?
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charm el Feikh?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i miss being in love... but not enough to look for it.
Posts: 5642 | From: hellonearth.myfastforum.org Forum Index | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charm el Feikh?
Member # 10243

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Sonomod_me:
Its like rabbies. Its not a decision, its not beyond your will, its something you avoid.

But if you are a person who likes to feed squirels in the park you will eventually get rabbies.

Love is alot like feeding squirels in a park. Some people are just to smart to do something like that.

PMSL!!!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com