EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Before you get marriage to Muslim man read this !! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Before you get marriage to Muslim man read this !!
abu maryam 76
Member # 11114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for abu maryam 76   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian girl:
Why are men better then woman.
Just because your gods say so come on get a life

surely you mean your God in bible who always speak in a [Wink] sexy words , isn`t it? [Big Grin]
Posts: 92 | From: egypt | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abu maryam 76
Member # 11114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for abu maryam 76   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Aki:
Thanks dear I am male and appreciate jebran for his defend but we can't do as the Bedouins was doing from 1400 years, they were poor mind and believing without discussion, now in 21st century the human's mind totally different and unfortunately Islam lost his previous weapon the SWORD coz now the weapon is the LOGIC.

ok Mr/aki
it`s unfair opinion,
what do you say about hetller,bosh,protestants and katholics whom had mind`s weapons in 21st century [Wink] i hope that you be logical and fair

Posts: 92 | From: egypt | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abu maryam 76
Member # 11114

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by concernedforwomen:
If a muslim husband acts like that, he needs to have his butt kicked.

so, i hope to do the same with your butt baby [Wink] [Big Grin]
Servant
Member # 11390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Servant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr.Abu mariam
What do you say about hetller, bosh, Protestants and Catholics

The point and the problem is only the text in the holy books of every religion
These texts are who motivating the followers whether to act in good or bad way, the point is if the followers think that the text is from God him self so it will compulsory for the followers to performing it as orders from God and no one will be able to discuss it with them..

If we read the Gospels we can't find any thing incite for violence therefore we can understand that God wants the love and peaceful for his people, unlike with unfortunately the Quran, then Bush, Hitler…etc they are following their nature not their holy book, coz the Gospels proved that it's innocent from any violence and also we are expecting this from the human nature when he has the power

But the issue and the frighten is from who are following teaching incite for violence and killing others, thinking that this revenge from God by their hand,
you got my point now my friend..

Posts: 222 | From: Heaven | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abu maryam 76
Member # 11114

Member Rated:
quote:
Mr.Abu mariam
What do you say about hetller, bosh, Protestants and Catholics

The point and the problem is only the text in the holy books of every religion
These texts are who motivating the followers whether to act in good or bad way, the point is if the followers think that the text is from God him self so it will compulsory for the followers to performing it as orders from God and no one will be able to discuss it with them..

If we read the Gospels we can't find any thing incite for violence therefore we can understand that God wants the love and peaceful for his people, unlike with unfortunately the Quran, then Bush, Hitler…etc they are following their nature not their holy book, coz the Gospels proved that it's innocent from any violence and also we are expecting this from the human nature when he has the power

But the issue and the frighten is from who are following teaching incite for violence and killing others, thinking that this revenge from God by their hand,
you got my point now my friend..

ok Mr/aki
what did you say about bush or hitler or catholics&protestants , i think that`s not refer to their nature as you said ,but i think it`s refer to what they read in the bible ,like we read in ezkkial ,for example this verse 5:12:17 :
يَقُولُ \لسَّيِّدُ \لرَّبُّ, مِنْ أَجْلِ أَنَّكِ قَدْ نَجَّسْتِ مَقْدِسِي بِكُلِّ مَكْرُهَاتِكِ وَبِكُلِّ أَرْجَاسِكِ, فَأَنَا أَيْضاً أَجُزُّ وَلاَ تُشْفِقُ عَيْنِي. وَأَنَا أَيْضاً لاَ أَعْفُو. 12ثُلْثُكِ يَمُوتُ بِـ/لْوَبَإِ, وَبِالْجُوعِ يَفْنُونَ فِي وَسَطِكِ. وَثُلْثٌ يَسْقُطُ بِـ/لسَّيْفِ مِنْ حَوْلِكِ, وَثُلْثٌ أُذَرِّيهِ فِي كُلِّ رِيحٍ, وَأَسْتَلُّ سَيْفاً وَرَاءَهُمْ. 13وَإِذَا تَمَّ غَضَبِي وَأَحْلَلْتُ سَخَطِي عَلَيْهِمْ وَتَشَفَّيْتُ, يَعْلَمُونَ أَنِّي أَنَا \لرَّبُّ تَكَلَّمْتُ فِي غَيْرَتِي إِذَا أَتْمَمْتُ سَخَطِي فِيهِمْ. 14وَأَجْعَلُكِ خَرَاباً وَعَاراً بَيْنَ \لأُمَمِ \لَّتِي حَوَالَيْكِ أَمَامَ عَيْنَيْ كُلِّ عَابِرٍ, 15فَتَكُونِينَ عَاراً وَلَعْنَةً وَتَأْدِيباً وَدَهَشاً لِلأُمَمِ \لَّتِي حَوَالَيْكِ, إِذَا أَجْرَيْتُ فِيكِ أَحْكَـ/ماً بِغَضَبٍ وَبِسَخَطٍ وَبِتَوْبِيخَاتٍ حَامِيَةٍ. أَنَا \لرَّبُّ تَكَلَّمْتُ. 16إِذَا أَرْسَلْتُ عَلَيْهِمْ سِهَامَ \لْجُوعِ \لشِّرِّيرَةَ \لَّتِي تَكُونُ لِلْخَرَابِ \لَّتِي أُرْسِلُهَا لِخَرَابِكُمْ, وَأَزِيدُ \لْجُوعَ عَلَيْكُمْ وَأُكَسِّرُ لَكُمْ قِوَامَ \لْخُبْزِ, 17وَإِذَا أَرْسَلْتُ عَلَيْكُمُ \لْجُوعَ وَ\لْوُحُوشَ \لرَّدِيئَةَ فَتُثْكِلُكِ, وَيَعْبُرُ فِيكِ \لْوَبَأُ وَ\لدَّمُ وَأَجْلُبُ عَلَيْكِ سَيْفاً. أَنَا \لرَّبُّ تَكَلَّمْتُ.
that`s only to know who incite us to violance, but the problem is who was said that? ,not prophet but the God.
so ,i respect you for your qestions, but i hope that you be fair my friend.

*Souri*
Member # 9095

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Souri*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thank you
Posts: 1182 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l
Member # 11386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for l     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also for your musing.....

Tabari I:280 “Allah said, ‘It is My obligation to make Eve bleed once every month as she made this tree bleed. I must also make Eve stupid, although I created her intelligent.’ Because Allah afflicted Eve, all of the women of this world menstruate and are stupid.”

Qur’an 4:43 “Believers, approach not prayers with a mind befogged or intoxicated until you understand what you utter. Nor when you are polluted, until after you have bathed. If you are ill, or on a journey, or come from answering the call of nature, or you have touched a woman, and you find no water, then take for yourselves clean dirt, and rub your faces and hands. Lo! Allah is Benign, Forgiving.” [The Qur’an claims women are unclean and polluted]

Ishaq:584 “Tell the men with you who have wives: never trust a woman.”

Posts: 223 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
l
Member # 11386

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for l     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did Hitler derive his inspiration from Jesus?
Does the IRA derive its inspiration from Jesus?

Mohammed conquered his enemies with the sword; Christ conquered his enemies with another kind of sword, the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God (Hebrews 4:12; Acts 2:37).
Mohammed was swift to shed the blood of many (Romans 3:15-17); Christ shed His own blood for the salvation of many (Ephesians 1:7).
Mohammed preached "Death to the infidels!"; Christ prayed "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34).
Mohammed's disciples killed for the faith; Christ's disciples were killed for their faith (Acts 12:2; 2 Tim 4:7).
Mohammed was the taker of life; Christ was the giver of life (John 10:27-28).
Mohammed and his fellow warriors murdered tens of thousands; Christ murdered none but saved many (compare John 12:48).
Mohammed said to the masses, "Convert or die!” Christ said, "Believe and live!" (John 6:47; 11:25-26).
Mohammed declared a holy war (Jihad) against infidels; Christ achieved a holy victory on Calvary's cross (Col 2:14-15) His followers share in that victory (John 16:33).
Mohammed constrained people by conquest; Christ released people in love (2 Corinthians 5:14).

Modern terrorists derive their inspiration from Mohammed and carry out their atrocities in the name of his god; Christians derive their inspiration from the One who said, "Blessed are the peacemakers" (Matthew 5:9).

Posts: 223 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Servant
Member # 11390

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Servant     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First thanks for your concern and for your reading the bible but just you have to know why there are what we calling old and New Testament which together called (Bible) from this it will help you understand the bible more better.

The Bible was written over a period of 1,500 years in sixty-six different books by about forty different writers. They used three different languages and wrote on three different continents, and each part has the same thing to say about old human's life his sin and the punishment of God and at the end the salvation way.

The Bible as said before is divided into two parts or testaments. The first part, the Old Testament, tells of God's dealings with the people of Israel. The second part, the New Testament, tells of the life of Jesus and His early followers, and includes letters written to help the early believers hold fast to the teachings of Jesus

Christian's book which they follow is the Gospels which is the New Testament and I mentioned before that it's not incite for violence, what you are mentioned above it's from the old testament which narrating how were the people sinking in sins, adultery…..etc and how the God was dealing with their sins and sinners

Let me first translate what you have mentioned:

Wherefore, as I live, saith the Lord GOD; Surely, because
thou hast defiled my sanctuary with all thy detestable things,
and with all thine abominations, therefore will I also diminish
thee; neither shall mine eye spare, neither will I have any pity.
12 A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with
famine shall they be consumed in the midst of thee: and a
third part shall fall by the sword round about thee; and I
will scatter a third part into all the winds, and I will draw
out a sword after them.
13 Thus shall mine anger be accomplished, and I will cause my
fury to rest upon them, and I will be comforted: and they shall
know that I the LORD have spoken it in my zeal, when I have
accomplished my fury in them…..etc

It's very clear from the text mentioned above that God was giving punishment for reason that it's the sins of (defiling the sanctuary of God with all the impure things) and the childhood nature of the human that time couldn't able to understand the graceful that Jesus brought after that but not inciting for violence and killing others like Quran, who treats non Muslims as Kafir and they have to kill them by the name of Allah/God

You will find much punishment to the people of Israel for their sins as the Old Testament narrating what was actually happening exactly and how God was dealing with those people, after that the New Testament came.

If we only had the New Testament, we would come to the gospels and not know why the Jews were looking for a Messiah (a Savior King). Without the Old Testament, we would not understand why this Messiah was coming.

The Old Testament gives the Law which has two parts: the commandments and the blessing/curse that comes from obedience / disobedience to those commands

The Old Testament was meant to prepare the Israelites for the coming of the Messiah who would sacrifice Himself for their sins (and for the sins of the world as well.)
The New Testament shares the life of the Jesus Christ and then looks back on what He did and how we are to respond to His gift of eternal life and live our lives in gratitude for all He has done for us

Both testaments reveal the same holy, merciful, and righteous God who must condemn sin but desires to bring unto Himself a fallen human race of sinners through the forgiveness possible through Christ's atoning sacrifice as payment for sin

In both testaments God reveals Himself to us and how we are to come to Him through Jesus Christ. And in both testaments we find all we need for eternal life and godly living

Posts: 222 | From: Heaven | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abu maryam 76
Member # 11114

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by l:

Mohammed conquered his enemies with the sword; Christ conquered his enemies with another kind of sword, the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God (Hebrews 4:12; Acts 2:37).
Mohammed was swift to shed the blood of many (Romans 3:15-17); Christ shed His own blood for the salvation of many (Ephesians 1:7).
Mohammed preached "Death to the infidels!"; Christ prayed "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34).
Mohammed's disciples killed for the faith; Christ's disciples were killed for their faith (Acts 12:2; 2 Tim 4:7).
Mohammed and his fellow warriors murdered tens of thousands; Christ murdered none but saved many (compare John 12:48).
Mohammed said to the masses, "Convert or die!” Christ said, "Believe and live!" (John 6:47; 11:25-26).
Mohammed declared a holy war (Jihad) against infidels; Christ achieved a holy victory on Calvary's cross (Col 2:14-15) His followers share in that victory (John 16:33).
Mohammed constrained people by conquest; Christ released people in love (2 Corinthians 5:14).

Modern terrorists derive their inspiration from Mohammed and carry out their atrocities in the name of his god; Christians derive their inspiration from the One who said, "Blessed are the peacemakers" (Matthew 5:9).

again baby you are return to ramble just to ramble, bosh said that alot it`s crussified war!!
and what`s about catholics and protestants;and the bloody war which happened between orthozox
and roman about natur`s God,then you return to ramble,and talk in a bad circle.

yazid904
Member # 7708

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yazid904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aki is spot on and the verse is even quoted! so let us give thanks for the wisdom.
That being said social and religious Islam are interpreted depending on who can benefit (get the upper hand)! Guess who?

Posts: 1290 | From: usa | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
abu maryam 76
Member # 11114

Member Rated:
quote:
First thanks for your concern and for your reading the bible but just you have to know why there are what we calling old and New Testament which together called (Bible) from this it will help you understand the bible more better.

The Bible was written over a period of 1,500 years in sixty-six different books by about forty different writers. They used three different languages and wrote on three different continents, and each part has the same thing to say about old human's life his sin and the punishment of God and at the end the salvation way.

The Bible as said before is divided into two parts or testaments. The first part, the Old Testament, tells of God's dealings with the people of Israel. The second part, the New Testament, tells of the life of Jesus and His early followers, and includes letters written to help the early believers hold fast to the teachings of Jesus

Christian's book which they follow is the Gospels which is the New Testament and I mentioned before that it's not incite for violence, what you are mentioned above it's from the old testament which narrating how were the people sinking in sins, adultery…..etc and how the God was dealing with their sins and sinners

Let me first translate what you have mentioned:

Wherefore, as I live, saith the Lord GOD; Surely, because
thou hast defiled my sanctuary with all thy detestable things,
and with all thine abominations, therefore will I also diminish
thee; neither shall mine eye spare, neither will I have any pity.
12 A third part of thee shall die with the pestilence, and with
famine shall they be consumed in the midst of thee: and a
third part shall fall by the sword round about thee; and I
will scatter a third part into all the winds, and I will draw
out a sword after them.
13 Thus shall mine anger be accomplished, and I will cause my
fury to rest upon them, and I will be comforted: and they shall
know that I the LORD have spoken it in my zeal, when I have
accomplished my fury in them…..etc

It's very clear from the text mentioned above that God was giving punishment for reason that it's the sins of (defiling the sanctuary of God with all the impure things) and the childhood nature of the human that time couldn't able to understand the graceful that Jesus brought after that but not inciting for violence and killing others like Quran, who treats non Muslims as Kafir and they have to kill them by the name of Allah/God

You will find much punishment to the people of Israel for their sins as the Old Testament narrating what was actually happening exactly and how God was dealing with those people, after that the New Testament came.

If we only had the New Testament, we would come to the gospels and not know why the Jews were looking for a Messiah (a Savior King). Without the Old Testament, we would not understand why this Messiah was coming.

The Old Testament gives the Law which has two parts: the commandments and the blessing/curse that comes from obedience / disobedience to those commands

The Old Testament was meant to prepare the Israelites for the coming of the Messiah who would sacrifice Himself for their sins (and for the sins of the world as well.)
The New Testament shares the life of the Jesus Christ and then looks back on what He did and how we are to respond to His gift of eternal life and live our lives in gratitude for all He has done for us

Both testaments reveal the same holy, merciful, and righteous God who must condemn sin but desires to bring unto Himself a fallen human race of sinners through the forgiveness possible through Christ's atoning sacrifice as payment for sin

In both testaments God reveals Himself to us and how we are to come to Him through Jesus Christ. And in both testaments we find all we need for eternal life and godly living

Thank you very much Mr/aki
what you said means that,you believe in only the new testament, not the old one which show to us how the God was so bloody,so you believe in the second only ,as you said.
then you said like God ordered muslims in Quran
to kill the other"kafirs" , that`s right for only whom began to killing muslims, that`s one explain what right muslims have.
i don`t know why all some christians believe that jesus only came to salvated us as a savior,although all of prophets came in same reason? but you only added that he is the God too,although he didn`t mentioned that in the bible.
only i can realize from my reading the bible that jesus was a savior as a prophet, without all the story of trinity, incarnated and suffering of God.specially jesus didn`t mentioned that "iam the God"or"incarnated"...etc.
and only that what the minds can accept it. [Smile]

l
Member # 11386

Rate Member
"jesus didn`t mentioned that "iam the God"or"incarnated"...etc."

"I am the resurrection and the life.
He who believes in me will live, even though he dies."

He makes the offer of eternal life conditional on
faith in his own person. This would be blasphemous for anybody other than God.

Does he give any evidence for his authority to make such claims? The record gives many details of what happened at this particular day, but at the end we read, "When he had said this, Jesus called in a loud voice, `Lazarus, come out!' The dead mean came out, his hands and feet wrapped with strips of linen, and a cloth around his face. Jesus said to them, `Take off the grave clothes and let him go.'"

l
Member # 11386

Rate Member
"Now when Jesus came into the district of Caesarea Philippi, He was asking His disciples, 'Who do people say that the Son of Man is?' And they said, 'Some say John the Baptist; and others, Elijah; but still others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.' He said to them, 'But who do you say that I am?'" (Matthew 16:13-15)

Before any of the disciples answered, Peter gave his reply: "You are the Christ, the promised Messiah, the Son of the living God."

As the passage says, Jesus Christ declared Peter to be blessed, since one could only profess such a conviction by revelation from God the Father.

The Bible testifies to the deity of Jesus Christ. The Apostle John wrote his Gospel to prove that Jesus was God come in the flesh. In the opening chapter he says, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God ... And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:1, 14) Near the conclusion of his Gospel he says, "But these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name." (John 20:31)

If it is true that Jesus is not God, then He has deceived and misled people and declared as truth a lie. So if Jesus is not God, He is not even a good man.

The following is a small sampling of Biblical passages that affirm the deity of Jesus Christ:

"Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel." (Isaiah 7:14)

"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:6)

"'BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND SHALL BEAR A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL,' which translated means, 'GOD WITH US.'" (Matthew 1:23)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being ... And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth." (John 1:1-3, 14)

"For this reason the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because He was doing these things on the Sabbath. But He answered them, 'My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working.' For this reason therefore the Jews were seeking all the more to kill Him, because He not only was breaking the Sabbath, but also was calling God His own Father, making Himself equal with God. Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself is doing; and the Father will show Him greater works than these, so that you will marvel. For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son also gives life to whom He wishes. For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son, so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.'" (John 5:16-23)

"Jesus said to them, 'Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.'" (John 8:58)

"'If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; from now on you know Him, and have seen Him.' Philip said to Him, 'Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us.' Jesus said to him, 'Have I been so long with you, and yet you have not come to know Me, Philip? He who has seen Me has seen the Father; how can you say, 'Show us the Father'? 'Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works. Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; otherwise believe because of the works themselves.'" (John 14:7-11)

"'Now, Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." (John 17:5)

"Thomas answered and said to Him, 'My Lord and my God!' Jesus said to him, 'Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.'" (John 20:28-29)

"Whose are the fathers, and from whom is the Christ according to the flesh, who is over all, God blessed forever. Amen." (Romans 9:5)

"For even if there are so-called gods whether in heaven or on earth, as indeed there are many gods and many lords, yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him." (1 Corinthians 8:5-6)

"Who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied Himself, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men." (Philippians 2:6-7)

"For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities -- all things have been created through Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. He is also head of the body, the church; and He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. For it was the Father's good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven. (Colossians 1:16-20)

"For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form." (Colossians 2:9)

"God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways, in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world. And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much better than the angels, as He has inherited a more excellent name than they. For to which of the angels did He ever say, 'YOU ARE MY SON, TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU'? And again, 'I WILL BE A FATHER TO HIM AND HE SHALL BE A SON TO ME'? And when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says, 'AND LET ALL THE ANGELS OF GOD WORSHIP HIM.' And of the angels He says, 'WHO MAKES HIS ANGELS WINDS, AND HIS MINISTERS A FLAME OF FIRE.' But of the Son He says, 'YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM." (Hebrews 1:1-8)

"'I am the Alpha and the Omega,' says the Lord God, 'who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.'" (Revelation 1:8)

Servant
Member # 11390

Rate Member
To Mr.Abou Mariam
Did I mentioned that I believe only in New Testament or I only mentioned that Christians are following the Gospels but also believe in the old one by logic this why it is including in the Bible, and I explained why we have to read the old one to understand the new one, please my friend concentrate a bit more.

God wasn't bloody but the people who were living that time in a childhood mind were bloody living in wars,adultery.pagan…..etc ,the old testament describing how God was dealing with those people, that many of them weren't even believe in God

The violence in the old book is describing what was going on the life from thousands years before, it was not inciting to kill others but describing how the people were killing each others,and coz the god is fair he gave the law and the punishment.

Then after hundred years Jesus came to heal the heart ot the human instead killing your enemy he said love your enemy, instead of hating he said blessing who is hating you and pray for him and so on…
Don't forget that all stories of old prophets,people of Israel,creation of universe and much more where exist in Quran,it's based on the olsd testaemnt.

Regarding who is Jesus and why he came, I think you are a good reader and writer in the religion topics, we have explained that topic before and you can link to my topic Is jesus a God? http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=001897
Thanks.

catty
Member # 8867

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is concern the bad muslims that are misunderstanding the meaning of islam and the way that they have to treat their wife.

If you are married to a good muslim you will be happy forever.

If you are married to a bad one, that doesnt understand or follow islam the problem will be greater.

Posts: 33 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
catty
Member # 8867

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for catty   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
typically if you made a relation with a christian woman or man. He may be wicked person. He may turn your life a hell.

So, the problem is not concerning the religion. and excuse me, it's stupid to say that the problem of marriage is concerning religion.

Posts: 33 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Servant
Member # 11390

Rate Member
Ok Catty tell us how to treat your wife from Quran and Islam? may be we don't know Islam and you can help us to learn more from you.
abu maryam 76
Member # 11114

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by catty:
typically if you made a relation with a christian woman or man. He may be wicked person. He may turn your life a hell.

So, the problem is not concerning the religion. and excuse me, it's stupid to say that the problem of marriage is concerning religion.

God bless you [Smile]
abu maryam 76
Member # 11114

Member Rated:
quote:
Ok Catty tell us how to treat your wife from Quran and Islam? may be we don't know Islam and you can help us to learn more from you.

ok Mr/aki
what about bible and christianity too? [Confused]

l
Member # 11386

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by abu maryam 76:
quote:

ok Mr/aki

what about it?
to quote the words of the Apostle Paul:
"Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them."

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her."

"You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into the name of Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise."

abu maryam 76
Member # 11114

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by l:
quote:
quote:

ok Mr/aki

what about it?
to quote the words of the Apostle Paul:
"Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them."

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her."

"You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into the name of Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise."

oh ,sigh [Mad] i said from bible or christianity,
and you said: "paul said",what a ramble!!!

concernedforwomen
Member # 10559

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for concernedforwomen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Abu maryam 76, I only meant that some muslim husbands butts need to be kicked, not all muslim husbands butts need to kicked. Just the ones that feel they are superior to women, think that women are a bad omen, think that women have only half the rights that men do, think that women do harm to men, think that women lack intelligence, (which is simply not true, in Reader's Digest, I read that they did tests and women are actually smarter than men, It will be interesting what comeback you have for this one! This is the kind of muslim husband that needs his butt kicked. There are muslim husbands that don't feel that women are unequal, and they can be appreciated, but the ones that want to act like they must have more than the woman, they need to get a fist applied to their mouth and a hard punch to their groin. They also need to be kicked in the stomach until they lay on the ground crying, punched in the nose, and beaten for hours until they value women!
Posts: 935 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by l:

So so true.
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marcella
Member # 10978

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marcella     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Egyptian girl:
Why are men better then woman.
Just because your gods say so come on get a life

surely you mean your God in bible who always speak in a ;) sexy words , isn`t it? :D
Can you say some of these sexy words that God have said?
Posts: 979 | From: Another world | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Try2CLight
Member # 11738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Try2CLight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is this the real Islam?
And which instructions muslim husband shall follow to treat his wife? [Confused]

Posts: 903 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Try2CLight
Member # 11738

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Try2CLight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have printed out all what had written here and gave to my muslim boyfriend,I got shocked when he confirmed all the informations and saying that this an instructions form God to his prophet Mohammed and we have to follow without disussion.

he was trying from so long time attracting me to Islam but after what I have read here I think I am faraway to obey his request.

Does anyone have another opinion???

Posts: 903 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't take this place as a source of Islamic knowledge....this place is crazy. [Big Grin]
Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lovingspirit :)
Member # 11660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingspirit :)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
loveforever... if you are interested in one religion go to the source, go to the book and ask a scholor, not the internet, not your boyfriend ... the book...and the source [Wink]

--------------------
Always remembering that we are nothing without His Merciful hand over us.

Posts: 284 | From: gods heaven | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Try2CLight
Member # 11738

The verses from Quran had mentioned for more confirmation and I also got a reply from Islamonline site by the same meaning and more confirmation but by polite explanation which can't match the logic.
lovingspirit :)
Member # 11660

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lovingspirit :)     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I understand you my friend and just an advice from a friend if you allow me, you cannot change your faith because of a man, your love for god cannot change... it is inside your heart.. do what your heart tell you too, and again as i said to "coeur casse" another ES member, if someone loves you for who you are he will stay with you not for what you are not for your faith....but for you, god bless you sister [Smile]

--------------------
Always remembering that we are nothing without His Merciful hand over us.

Posts: 284 | From: gods heaven | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mer
Member # 11678

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Afraid we have enough muslim around the world, No more please.
This is our pride Islam, follow it as it is or find another globe to live on.
Muslim women and men like Islam, feel it, taste it and live in It.

Look at Al 7aj, women and men side by side, soul don't have male and female.

This is the key in relation with GOD we don't have men and women, all practice are the same religion.

Rules?? we like to follow our pride islam, whenever written in Quran, it is our way.

Imagine u get sick and the doctor gave u a such medication, in such time and quantity, if you like to get better U HAVE TO FOLLOW EXACTLY..

The same apply, he created us, and he knows exactly the remedy of everyone.

Just Follow the reality.
Then after become a real follower, one will start to see the divine light, and will do all his best to keep this divine company. Again, regardless your are a man or a women...

Posts: 125 | From: Egypt | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Israel
Member # 11221

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Israel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is interesting how Jebran hasn't posted anything to contradict what Servant has said. I ask my Muslim friends: do you acutually READ your book? If so, then please demonstrate where Servant is wrong.............Salaam
Posts: 826 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is something distasteful about arguments evolving around 'My God is better than your God.' 'My God is truer than your fake God' 'My God is going to beat your God up' For God's sake...have some shame. If there is a 'God' do you think such prideful, offensive behaviour reflects well on his followers?

Such intolerance does little to promote your Gods. That some of you seem proud to portray 'God' as vengeful, violent, brutal...a crusher of opponents, is incredible. No wonder we live in such a bloody, disrespectful world.

Those of who think beyond randomly spewing ancient texts, earn interest and respect for their faith.

Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Try2CLight
Member # 11738

I have read few problems posted by foreigner women in ES got relation to Egyptians men, and I think most of these problems are due to the Islamic background and this topic came to confirm what I was afraid of.

From the sweetie words about the justice of Islam in treating women, I was told by my boyfriend and his friends many misleading teaching about the woman in Islam and when I discussed the verses that mentioned before with some Muslims women they said that if the Muslim husband is deeply performing Islamic teaching he will treat his wife by that way and if he is a moderate Muslim he won't follow these verses.

I got surprised when I discovered after reading so many articles about Islam that as long you as you going deeply in this religion as long as you isolated your self and keep aside from the all aspects of life and not only this but you start hatred others specially non Muslims.

what astonished me is how could be this is the demand of God to us and how this religion will bring the peaceful life to us by this teaching, until I discovered the truth but no need to talk so much here about that, and thanks God that he pushed me to read more and more about this religion to discover how much the precious of Christianity that I was trying to leave it away and convert to my boyfriend's religion.

ael_husseiny
Member # 10201

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for ael_husseiny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im so sad that such a lovely egyptian forum turns out to be a forum against egyptians religions
egpytian christians and muslims respect their religions and do not accept such words from foreigners here

--------------------
samir

Posts: 150 | From: cairo | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for islamway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by loveforever:
I have read few problems posted by foreigner women in ES got relation to Egyptians men, and I think most of these problems are due to the Islamic background and this topic came to confirm what I was afraid of.

From the sweetie words about the justice of Islam in treating women, I was told by my boyfriend and his friends many misleading teaching about the woman in Islam and when I discussed the verses that mentioned before with some Muslims women they said that if the Muslim husband is deeply performing Islamic teaching he will treat his wife by that way and if he is a moderate Muslim he won't follow these verses.

I got surprised when I discovered after reading so many articles about Islam that as long you as you going deeply in this religion as long as you isolated your self and keep aside from the all aspects of life and not only this but you start hatred others specially non Muslims.

what astonished me is how could be this is the demand of God to us and how this religion will bring the peaceful life to us by this teaching, until I discovered the truth but no need to talk so much here about that, and thanks God that he pushed me to read more and more about this religion to discover how much the precious of Christianity that I was trying to leave it away and convert to my boyfriend's religion.

They deceieve u
Islam is the only Religion and the onloy system that Gives women their full rights.. believe it or not....But It's the truth that lots of people dont know...

Posts: 1007 | From: http://www.sultan.org | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MK the Most Interlectual
Member # 8356

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MK the Most Interlectual     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by loveforever:

I disagree. You can be of any faith and still have an extremist's ideology.

There are weird Muslims, like there are weird Christians or Jews or other affiliations.

You make of your religion what you want of it.

But I'm still very glad you didn't convert for a man. It's not the best way to do it. [Wink]

Posts: 8756 | From: Tax-Free Zone | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for islamway   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
III. WOMAN IN ISLAM
In the midst of the darkness that engulfed the world, the divine revelation echoed in the wide desert of Arabia with a fresh, noble, and universal message to humanity: "O Mankind, keep your duty to your Lord who created you from a single soul and from it created its mate (of same kind) and from them twain has spread a multitude of men and women" (Qur'an 4: 1).

A scholar who pondered about this verse states: "It is believed that there is no text, old or new, that deals with the humanity of the woman from all aspects with such amazing brevity, eloquence, depth, and originality as this divine decree."

Stressing this noble and natural conception, them Qur'an states:

He (God) it is who did create you from a single soul and therefrom did create his mate, that he might dwell with her (in love)...(Qur'an 7:189)
The Creator of heavens and earth: He has made for you pairs from among yourselves ...Qur'an 42:1 1

And Allah has given you mates of your own nature, and has given you from your mates, children and grandchildren, and has made provision of good things for you. Is it then in vanity that they believe and in the grace of God that they disbelieve? Qur'an 16:72

The rest of this paper outlines the position of Islam regarding the status of woman in society from its various aspects - spiritually, socially, economically and politically.

1. The Spiritual Aspect

The Qur'an provides clear-cut evidence that woman iscompletely equated with man in the sight of God interms of her rights and responsibilities. The Qur'an states:

"Every soul will be (held) in pledge for its deeds" (Qur'an 74:38). It also states:
...So their Lord accepted their prayers, (saying): I will not suffer to be lost the work of any of you whether male or female. You proceed one from another ...(Qur'an 3: 195).

Whoever works righteousness, man or woman, and has faith, verily to him will We give a new life that is good and pure, and We will bestow on such their reward according to the their actions. (Qur'an 16:97, see also 4:124).

Woman according to the Qur'an is not blamed for Adam's first mistake. Both were jointly wrong in their disobedience to God, both repented, and both were forgiven. (Qur'an 2:36, 7:20 - 24). In one verse in fact (20:121), Adam specifically, was blamed.
In terms of religious obligations, such as the Daily Prayers, Fasting, Poor-due, and Pilgrimage, woman is no different from man. In some cases indeed, woman has certain advantages over man. For example, the woman is exempted from the daily prayers and from fasting during her menstrual periods and forty days after childbirth. She is also exempted from fasting during her pregnancy and when she is nursing her baby if there is any threat to her health or her baby's. If the missed fasting is obligatory (during the month of Ramadan), she can make up for the missed days whenever she can. She does not have to make up for the prayers missed for any of the above reasons. Although women can and did go into the mosque during the days of the prophet and thereafter attendance et the Friday congregational prayers is optional for them while it is mandatory for men (on Friday).

This is clearly a tender touch of the Islamic teachings for they are considerate of the fact that a woman may be nursing her baby or caring for him, and thus may be unable to go out to the mosque at the time of the prayers. They also take into account the physiological and psychological changes associated with her natural female functions.

2. The Social Aspect

a) As a child and an adolescent

Despite the social acceptance of female infanticide among some Arabian tribes, the Qur'an forbade this custom, and considered it a crime like any other murder.

"And when the female (infant) buried alive - is questioned, for what crime she was killed." (Qur'an 81:8-9).
Criticizing the attitudes of such parents who reject their female children, the Qur'an states:
When news is brought to one of them, of (the Birth of) a female (child), his face darkens and he is filled with inward grief! With shame does he hide himself from his people because of the bad news he has had! Shall he retain her on (sufferance) and contempt, or bury her in the dust? Ah! What an evil (choice) they decide on? (Qur'an 16: 58-59).
Far from saving the girl's life so that she may later suffer injustice and inequality, Islam requires kind and just treatment for her. Among the sayings of Prophet Muhammad (P.) in this regard are the following:
Whosoever has a daughter and he does not bury her alive, does not insult her, and does not favor his son over her, God will enter him into Paradise. (Ibn Hanbal, No. 1957).
Whosoever supports two daughters till they mature, he and I will come in the day of judgment as this (and he pointed with his two fingers held together).

A similar Hadeeth deals in like manner with one who supports two sisters. (Ibn-Hanbal, No. 2104).
The right of females to seek knowledge is not different from that of males. Prophet Muhammad (P.) said:

"Seeking knowledge is mandatory for every Muslim". (AlBayhaqi). Muslim as used here including both males and females.
b) As a wife:

The Qur'an clearly indicates that marriage is sharing between the two halves of the society, and that its objectives, beside perpetuating human life, are emotional well-being and spiritual harmony. Its bases are love and mercy.

Among the most impressive verses in the Qur'an about marriage is the following.

"And among His signs is this: That He created mates for you from yourselves that you may find rest, peace of mind in them, and He ordained between you love and mercy. Lo, herein indeed are signs for people who reflect." (Qur'an 30:2 1).
According to Islamic Law, women cannot be forced to marry anyone without their consent.
Ibn Abbas reported that a girl came to the Messenger of God, Muhammad (P.), and she reported that her father had forced her to marry without her consent. The Messenger of God gave her the choice . . . (between accepting the marriage or invalidating it). (Ibn Hanbal No. 2469). In another version, the girl said: "Actually I accept this marriage but I wanted to let women know that parents have no right (to force a husband on them)" (Ibn Maja, No. 1873).

Besides all other provisions for her protection at the time of marriage, it was specifically decreed that woman has the full right to her Mahr, a marriage gift, which is presented to her by her husband and is included in the nuptial contract, and that such ownership does not transfer to her father or husband. The concept of Mahr in Islam is neither an actual or symbolic price for the woman, as was the case in certain cultures, but rather it is a gift symbolizing love and affection.

The rules for married life in Islam are clear and in harmony with upright human nature. In consideration of the physiological and psychological make-up of man and woman, both have equal rights and claims on one another, except for one responsibility, that of leadership. This is a matter which is natural in any collective life and which is consistent with the nature of man.

The Qur'an thus states:

"And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them, and men are a degree above them." (Qur'an 2:228).
Such degree is Quiwama (maintenance and protection). This refers to that natural difference between the sexes which entitles the weaker sex to protection. It implies no superiority or advantage before the law. Yet, man's role of leadership in relation to his family does not mean the husband's dictatorship over his wife. Islam emphasizes the importance of taking counsel and mutual agreement in family decisions. The Qur'an gives us an example:
"...If they (husband wife) desire to wean the child by mutual consent and (after) consultation, there is no blame on them..." (Qur'an 2: 233).
Over and above her basic rights as a wife comes the right which is emphasized by the Qur'an and is strongly recommended by the Prophet (P); kind treatment and companionship.
The Qur'an states:

"...But consort with them in kindness, for if you hate them it may happen that you hate a thing wherein God has placed much good." (Qur'an 4: l9).

Prophet Muhammad. (P) said:

The best of you is the best to his family and I am the best among you to my family.

The most perfect believers are the best in conduct and best of you are those who are best to their wives. (Ibn-Hanbal, No. 7396)

Behold, many women came to Muhammad's wives complaining against their husbands (because they beat them) - - those (husbands) are not the best of you.

As the woman's right to decide about her marriage is recognized, so also her right to seek an end for an unsuccessful marriage is recognized. To provide for the stability of the family, however, and in order to protect it from hasty decisions under temporary emotional stress, certain steps and waiting periods should be observed by men and women seeking divorce. Considering the relatively more emotional nature of women, a good reason for asking for divorce should be brought before the judge. Like the man, however, the woman can divorce her husband with out resorting to the court, if the nuptial contract allows that.
More specifically, some aspects of Islamic Law concerning marriage and divorce are interesting and are worthy of separate treatment.

When the continuation of the marriage relationship is impossible for any reason, men are still taught to seek a gracious end for it.

The Qur'an states about such cases:

When you divorce women, and they reach their prescribed term, then retain them in kindness and retain them not for injury so that you transgress (the limits). (Qur'an 2:231). (See also Qur'an 2:229 and 33:49).

c) As a mother:

Islam considered kindness to parents next to the worship of God.

"And we have enjoined upon man (to be good) to his parents: His mother bears him in weakness upon weakness..." (Qur'an 31:14) (See also Qur'an 46:15, 29:8).
Moreover, the Qur'an has a special recommendation for the good treatment of mothers:
"Your Lord has decreed that you worship none save Him, and that you be kind to your parents. . ." (Qur'an 17:23).
A man came to Prophet Muhammad (P) asking:
O Messenger of God, who among the people is the most worthy of my good company? The Prophet (P) said, Your mother. The man said then who else: The Prophet (P) said, Your mother. The man asked, Then who else? Only then did the Prophet (P) say, Your father. (Al-Bukhari and Muslim).
A famous saying of The Prophet is "Paradise is at the feet of mothers." (In Al'Nisa'I, Ibn Majah, Ahmad).
"It is the generous (in character) who is good to women, and it is the wicked who insults them."

3. The Economic Aspect

Islam decreed a right of which woman was deprived both before Islam and after it (even as late as this century), the right of independent ownership. According to Islamic Law, woman's right to her money, real estate, or other properties is fully acknowledged. This right undergoes no change whether she is single or married. She retains her full rights to buy, sell, mortgage or lease any or all her properties. It is nowhere suggested in the Law that a woman is a minor simply because she is a female. It is also noteworthy that such right applies to her properties before marriage as well as to whatever she acquires thereafter.

With regard to the woman's right to seek employment it should be stated first that Islam regards her role in society as a mother and a wife as the most sacred and essential one. Neither maids nor baby-sitters can possibly take the mother's place as the educator of an upright, complex free, and carefully-reared children. Such a noble and vital role, which largely shapes the future of nations, cannot be regarded as "idleness".

However, there is no decree in Islam which forbids woman from seeking employment whenever there is a necessity for it, especially in positions which fit her nature and in which society needs her most. Examples of these professions are nursing, teaching (especially for children), and medicine. Moreover, there is no restriction on benefiting from woman's exceptional talent in any field. Even for the position of a judge, where there may be a tendency to doubt the woman's fitness for the post due to her more emotional nature, we find early Muslim scholars such as Abu-Hanifa and Al-Tabary holding there is nothing wrong with it. In addition, Islam restored to woman the right of inheritance, after she herself was an object of inheritance in some cultures. Her share is completely hers and no one can make any claim on it, including her father and her husband.

"Unto men (of the family) belongs a share of that which Parents and near kindred leave, and unto women a share of that which parents and near kindred leave, whether it be a little or much - a determinate share." ((Qur'an 4:7).
Her share in most cases is one-half the man's share, with no implication that she is worth half a man! It would seem grossly inconsistent after the overwhelming evidence of woman's equitable treatment in Islam, which was discussed in the preceding pages, to make such an inference. This variation in inheritance rights is only consistent with the variations in financial responsibilities of man and woman according to the Islamic Law. Man in Islam is fully responsible for the maintenance of his wife, his children, and in some cases of his needy relatives, especially the females. This responsibility is neither waived nor reduced because of his wife's wealth or because of her access to any personal income gained from work, rent, profit, or any other legal means.
Woman, on the other hand, is far more secure financially and is far less burdened with any claims on her possessions. Her possessions before marriage do not transfer to her husband and she even keeps her maiden name. She has no obligation to spend on her family out of such properties or out of her income after marriage. She is entitled to the "Mahr" which she takes from her husband at the time of marriage. If she is divorced, she may get an alimony from her ex-husband.

An examination of the inheritance law within the overall framework of the Islamic Law reveals not only justice but also an abundance of compassion for woman.

4. The Political Aspect

Any fair investigation of the teachings of Islam o~ into the history of the Islamic civilization will surely find a clear evidence of woman's equality with man in what we call today "political rights".

This includes the right of election as well as the nomination to political offices. It also includes woman's right to participate in public affairs. Both in the Qur'an and in Islamic history we find examples of women who participated in serious discussions and argued even with the Prophet (P) himself, (see Qur'an 58: 14 and 60: 10-12).

During the Caliphate of Omar Ibn al-Khattab, a woman argued with him in the mosque, proved her point, and caused him to declare in the presence of people: "A woman is right and Omar is wrong."

Although not mentioned in the Qur'an, one Hadeeth of the Prophet is interpreted to make woman ineligible for the position of head of state. The Hadeeth referred to is roughly translated: "A people will not prosper if they let a woman be their leader." This limitation, however, has nothing to do with the dignity of woman or with her rights. It is rather, related to the natural differences in the biological and psychological make-up of men and women.

According to Islam, the head of the state is no mere figurehead. He leads people in the prayers, especially on Fridays and festivities; he is continuously engaged in the process of decision-making pertaining to the security and well-being of his people. This demanding position, or any similar one, such as the Commander of the Army, is generally inconsistent with the physiological and psychological make-up of woman in general. It is a medical fact that during their monthly periods and during their pregnancies, women undergo various physiological and psychological changes. Such changes may occur during an emergency situation, thus affecting her decision, without considering the excessive strain which is produced. Moreover, some decisions require a maximum of rationality and a minimum of emotionality - a requirement which does not coincide with the instinctive nature of women.

Even in modern times, and in the most developed countries, it is rare to find a woman in the position of a head of state acting as more than a figurehead, a woman commander of the armed services, or even a proportionate number of women representatives in parliaments, or similar bodies. One can not possibly ascribe this to backwardness of various nations or to any constitutional limitation on woman's right to be in such a position as a head of state or as a member of the parliament. It is more logical to explain the present situation in terms of the natural and indisputable differences between man and woman, a difference which does not imply any "supremacy" of one over the other. The difference implies rather the "complementary" roles of both the sexes in life.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IV. CONCLUSION
The first part of this paper deals briefly with the position of various religions and cultures on the issue under investigation. Part of this exposition extends to cover the general trend as late as the nineteenth century, nearly 1300 years after the Qur'an set forth the Islamic teachings.
In the second part of the paper, the status of women in Islam is briefly discussed. Emphasis in this part is placed on the original and authentic sources of Islam. This represents the standard according to which degree of adherence of Muslims can be judged. It is also a fact that during the downward cycle of Islamic Civilization, such teachings were not strictly adhered to by many people who profess to be Muslims.

Such deviations were unfairly exaggerated by some writers, and the worst of this, were superficially taken to represent the teachings of "Islam" to the Western reader without taking the trouble to make any original and unbiased study of the authentic sources of these teachings.

Even with such deviations three facts are worth mentioning:

1. The history of Muslims is rich with women of great achievements in all walks of life from as early as the seventh century (B.C.)

2. It is impossible for anyone to justify any mistreatment of woman by any decree of rule embodied in the Islamic Law, nor could anyone dare to cancel, reduce, or distort the clear-cut legal rights of women given in Islamic Law.

3. Throughout history, the reputation, chastity and maternal role of Muslim women were objects of admiration by impartial observers.

It is also worthwhile to state that the status which women reached during the present era was not achieved due to the kindness of men or due to natural progress. It was rather achieved through a long struggle and sacrifice on woman's part and only when society needed her contribution and work, more especial!; during the two world wars, and due to the escalation of technological change.

In the case of Islam such compassionate and dignified status was decreed, not because it reflects the environment of the seventh century, nor under the threat or pressure of women and their organizations, but rather because of its intrinsic truthfulness.

If this indicates anything, it would demonstrate the divine origin of the Qur'an and the truthfulness of the message of Islam, which, unlike human philosophies and ideologies, was far from proceeding from its human environment, a message which established such humane principles as neither grew obsolete during the course of time and after these many centuries, nor can become obsolete in the future. After all, this is the message of the All-Wise and all-knowing God whose wisdom and knowledge are far beyond the ultimate in human thought and progress.

reference
http://www.iad.org/books/S-women.html

Posts: 1007 | From: http://www.sultan.org | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MyKingdomForATaba2Koshari:

There are weird Muslims, like there are weird Christians or Jews or other affiliations.

*That* is the truth! [Smile]

~Snooze

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Try2CLight
Member # 11738

quote:
They deceieve u Islam is the only Religion and the onloy system that Gives women their full rights.. believe it or not....But It's the truth that lots of people dont know...
I really want to believe you but how you can prove your opinion from Quran as servant showed the opposite from your sacred book,I think you have just proved the contradiction of Quran and how the women got their full rights in Islam,it's better to read the report of the United Nation about Arabian women's equality to know that you are wrong and need to read more and to look around.

http://hdr.undp.org/docs/publications/background_papers/2004/HDR2004_Valentine_Moghadam.pdf

islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Ok! Un is calling for the rights of Cats and Dogs. In the same time they are torturing Human being in Iraq, Lebanon and palestine....

Why??

Because they are Muslims..

They hate Islam and try to spread Myths about It..

islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Quran told us this hatred precisely and why they hate us and How they think and every thing..

Advice for Un to go and see how many women are raped per second in USA... after they count the no, let them talk about the human right of females

islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
How many women in Us work as a prostitute to cover her expenses???
islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Women are 10 times more likely than men to be victims of sexual assault (National Crime Victimization Survey, 1997). A study among college women has shown that 1 out of every 5 college age women report being forced to have sexual intercourse. (1995 National College Health Risk Behavior Survey) 22% of all women say that they have been forced to do sexual things against their will, where only 3% of men admit to ever forcing themselves on a woman. (Laumann, 1994)

http://sa.rochester.edu/masa/stats.php

so do u think that those people can talk about women rights?

islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
5 Soliders Named In Iraq Rape Case

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/07/10/iraq/main1789544.shtml

islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
Focusing on women in a muslim country, I see they are Queens. Those women in the other countries need to have their rights back..
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.egyptsearch.com/forums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=002020
Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
islamway
Member # 10368

Rate Member
There is nothing called Marital rape in Islam. What's that myth??
Dalia*
Member # 10593

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dalia*     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sultan.org:
There is nothing called Marital rape in Islam.

That was exactly the point ... that some people claim there is no such thing as marital rape.
[Mad]

Posts: 3587 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com