EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » Would you date or marry a waitress ? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Would you date or marry a waitress ?
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The encouraging thing about this thread is that the snobs are in the minority.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Basic Instinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Princess Tigerlily*:
Sharon, I sincerely hope for you that you fall in love with a waiter or cab driver who just knocks you off your socks and you don't care anymore how big his paycheck is or if he has a doctor title or not. That you feel totally happiness with the person you are with and you enjoy the simple things in life...... remember the best things in life are for free, you can't buy them no matter how much money you have. [Wink]

Tigerlily,

You can feel total happiness with a cabdriver and a waiter, and I can't feel total happiness and enjoy simple things in life with a man who is 1) highly educated, 2) have great Career and 3) excellent job?

Your logic is failing. [Big Grin]

Posts: 83 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love is not logical, my dear, it's about letting your heart speak and not a bank account.....
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
*The Dark Angel* aka CAT
Member # 11953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for *The Dark Angel* aka CAT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SayWhatYouSee:
quote:
Originally posted by Madame M.:
I never saw a waitress in Egypt. Only waiters.

The waitresses I have encountered in Egypt have seemed like delightful, upright, family women to me. They come from good families and are well respected by staff. They tread a very fine line, working in such male dominated environments.
Some of them actually are the money earners in the family.... where the hubby baby-sits
Posts: 3128 | From: Not Your Heaven | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basic Instinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Sharonstone, what's wrong with you? Why do you reduce people simply to their job qualifications? First of all we are all human beings. You should see people for the persons they are, search for their hearts and souls and don't put your only focus on work and paychecks. You are lacking compassion and understanding. Strange that you speak so low about people with less income. Times are tough; be careful you might have to serve someone one day and you would also like to get respect for your work...... [Confused] [Frown]

If you feel like "Humanitarian Aid" who marry all kinds of people regardless of what they do for living - please don't encourage everyone else to do the same. ( out of compassion )

Don't portray me that I am a bad person who doesn't know how to enjoy simple things and be happy for going to school and working hard to achieve my professional success and thus wanting the same type of man who chose to be Successful in his Career life.

You make me laugh, ok lovely. Accept it - I am not you, ok... and I am not bad person, I just have higher standards.

Posts: 83 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basic Instinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Love is not logical, my dear, it's about letting your heart speak and not a bank account.....

You are desperately trying to imply here that I am a goldigger, and that I am falling in love with a man's bank account. LOL! :-)

But I have enough myself, by me wanting the man who matches me - (economically, educationally, professionally, intellectually) how is that I am wanting his bank account, and not - him?

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sharonstone:
quote:

You are desperately trying to imply here that I am a goldigger, and that I am falling in love with a man's bank account. LOL! :-)

But I have enough myself, by me wanting the man who matches me - (economically, educationally, professionally, intellectually) how is that I am wanting his bank account, and not - him?

You are free to choose whoever you want to marry. Although you are missing to treat others with respect and dignity. I hope you find someone who matches your intelligence, intellect and your financial level - you deserve nothing better than that.
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

quote:
The Crow - Basically, a stripper might have a wonderful soul and is tender and sweet which qualifies her as the best woman ever (in my pov) while a doctor can b very cold and demanding which qualifies her as the worst woman in the world (again my pov).
Hi Crow, What makes you think that Doctors who are saving lives can't be loving and have a wonderful soul, and Strippers actually troubling for using their body to sexually arouse men *for money*?

If you find Stripper appropriate for your wife, please go ahead. [Smile]

Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

So Princess Tigerlily, if I don't chose a cabdriver to be my husband * for life * I am bad person automatically?

Although I have mentioned on numerous occasions that I have friends cabdrivers and waiters, and I think they work very hard.

It looks to me that you are trying to imply that only cab drivers and waiters have that "goodness" factor in them and everyone else doesn’t.

Tibe
Member # 10253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tibe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Although you are missing to treat others with respect and dignity.
So if I don't chose a cabdriver to be my husband * for life * I am bad person?

Although I have mentioned on numerious occasions that I have friends cabdrivers and waiters, and I think they work very hard.

It looks to me that you are trying to imply that only cab drivers and waiters have that "goodness" factor in them and everyone else doesn’t.

I think you are twisting Tigers words. She didnt say that everyone with high educations and a good job is bad - she is saying all people are good because goodness doesnt depend on careerchoices or status. Goodness comes from inside a person and not from the title on a businesscard or the number on the bankaccount.
I dont think you ever have been truely inlove yet Sharon and thats why you are "a bit shallow" about the subject.- I also wish that you one day experience "the big bang" - a poor guy that knocks you of your feet so that you can see what we are talking about. I dont mean this because I wish for you to become poor - its just to show you that your happiness doesnt depend on a bankaccount or your mans status.

Posts: 1215 | From: Nowhere | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

Tibe, I can't become poor my darling because I worked hard and went to school so that I don't become poor. My future husband must be educated man with great Career and excellent job not a cabdriver - unfortunatelly I know this bothers you a lot, but there is nothing you can do.

All people are not good. I must disagree.

I leave cabdrivers to you and waiters and Strippers if you wish, Oh you can also take truck drivers too. Fair enough? I am happy, you are happy - everyone is happy.

Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

quote:
Originally posted by Tibe:
all people are good because goodness doesnt depend on careerchoices or status. Goodness comes from inside a person and not from the title on a businesscard or the number on the bankaccount. your happiness doesnt depend on a bankaccount or your mans status.

I agree that Cab drivers could be good people, we don't know who is who, there is a possibility in either direction, good or bad. I know they are hard working people but then everyone works hard just on different level.

I don't marry a cabdriver because I prefer someone who matches me in all levels and as close as it's possible : professionally, economically, educationally, intellectually.

It's my preference. It's not just goodness and soul that matters but also other factors.

Maybe a cab driver has goodness, but then another candidate has it all - goodnees plus education, Career and excellent life style? So surely, I don't go low, not too low my dear - cab drivers take me to places not necessarily make me think about them as my future husband as they don't qualify in other levels.

Also, how do you know what makes me happy? Why do you think that I can't be happy with man who matches me in all levels? That's funny to me! LOL!

mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sharonstone , it is not a fight but different mind and thought , but imagine something that you fall in love with someone rich well educated handsome exactly (the best wishes for any girl)and you married and he was really good , but for a reason or other he loose all his money and he get poor one (and it happen alot )and he for sure used to be the Boss , what will be the condition now will you still love him??? or ???
other ex :if he is rich and well educated and and but not a good man will you be happy in your life???
Mind and personality can make any thing that money couldnt do and if money can do it so it will be done till the money goes and will goes with it

Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark2006     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you wanna get the idea put your self in the place of the man how give or in the place of the person how have money and high possition and see when you change your way who will change with you and how will still respect you as you were the good woman how was good with him when you were in power
Posts: 248 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

Mark, how are you tonight? Have you enjoyed this topic? [Smile] I am not here to change people's minds, surely I have my own thoughts and justification.

Many here can't accept it, although probably half of people would not speak up because they are afraid of peer pressure and confrontation.

The only difference is that I will not go so low as Love only can't persuade me, I look other factors too. Mind and personality are important but a job that you do and your educational background shows your mind and your personality.

On your 2 questions I will answer tomorrow, as I am leaving now.

mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Hi sharon , iam fine thanx what about you ? yes this topic is good one , and i didnt say you come here to change people mind or thought .
i see you grouped two thing that may not be fair to be grouped this days as Job and Education .
i think Education background and social life would figure the mind and personality not the Job possition ,
Hope you a nice day
bye

the_crow
Member # 4766

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_crow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
The Crow - Basically, a stripper might have a wonderful soul and is tender and sweet which qualifies her as the best woman ever (in my pov) while a doctor can b very cold and demanding which qualifies her as the worst woman in the world (again my pov).
Hi Crow, What makes you think that Doctors who are saving lives can't be loving and have a wonderful soul, and Strippers actually troubling for using their body to sexually arouse men *for money*?

If you find Stripper appropriate for your wife, please go ahead. [Smile]

Sharon dear, I am trying to show u uncorrelation between work and inner beauty (and outer beauty also), it is just an example, and definetly if I found a stripper that has what I look for...I would just go for it [Wink] come on it means I will have lap dance daily for zero money....
Posts: 50 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crow: would you really expect your wife to lap-dance for EVERY day?!??!?!!! [Wink] wouldn't it get a little boring?!!!?!

(my smiley hasn't worked properly)

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mo Ning Min E
Member # 681

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mo Ning Min E     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Sharon,
read through your posts here, and it does make you look kinda shallow, sorry.
When you find your dream man, does he have to share this 'exclusive' attitude. You going to have a prenup allowing him to dump you if you cease to have financial independence?
Would you be a little hurt if your ideal guy tells you you don't meet HIS standards?
'I love you honey but your grades were pretty low/ your house is too small/your knowledge of French wine is poor/ you can't play polo.....'
Or does your high standard demand that he loves you for who you ARE?
I'm not being critical here, find it sad, it's very rare for 2 gold diggers/social climbers to meet and fall in love!
It all reeks of the 1950's.

Posts: 1399 | From: alexandria | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_crow
Member # 4766

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for the_crow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DawnBev:
Crow: would you really expect your wife to lap-dance for EVERY day?!??!?!!! [Wink] wouldn't it get a little boring?!!!?!

(my smiley hasn't worked properly)

What a lap dance boring!!!!!! I don't think so, especially if we did some enhancements to the nature of the lap dance [Wink]
Posts: 50 | From: Cairo | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SayWhatYouSee
Member # 11552

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SayWhatYouSee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jessie's comment ''It all reeks of the 1950's'' is spot on. Western women don't expect men to support them, so financial status is not a key factor. Do people generally marry within a similar economic and social background? Yes. This is probably true the world over. What appears to be different in the west though is that invisible social barriers are more easily crossed. You can marry anyone you choose to and not be looked down on. Education is not the same as intelligence. Mixing them up is a basic error.
Posts: 2953 | From: Slightly south of Azkaban. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cosmogirl
Member # 8748

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cosmogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got knocked off my feet by a man who is economically challenged. Good thing I am not! He has dreams that match mine, but I have had access to opportunities and education that he has not.

I certainly went through my own set of "lean years" THANK GOD they are behind me. It doesn't bother me to be the advanced breadwinner, what bothers me are people who assume that you are doomed to make only a specific payband for your entire life.

Not too much money in the bank, but alot of warmth in his heart, a good work ethic, and a continued willingness to grow emotionally.

To each their own.

Posts: 1071 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jessie:
Hi Sharon,
read through your posts here, and it does make you look kinda shallow, sorry.
When you find your dream man, does he have to share this 'exclusive' attitude. You going to have a prenup allowing him to dump you if you cease to have financial independence?
Would you be a little hurt if your ideal guy tells you you don't meet HIS standards?
'I love you honey but your grades were pretty low/ your house is too small/your knowledge of French wine is poor/ you can't play polo.....'
Or does your high standard demand that he loves you for who you ARE?
I'm not being critical here, find it sad, it's very rare for 2 gold diggers/social climbers to meet and fall in love!
It all reeks of the 1950's.

I like the way you put that.

I have a friend my age (almost 40), who is waiting for that perfect guy. He has to be tall, handsome, Catholic, never-married, no children, well-educated (advanced degree), six figure income. These are her criteria, and she's even told me she'd put up with him being unfaithful as long as he provided the type of life she wants. She's very cute, petite, well-dressed, attorney, comes from a (locally) well-known political family. So she provides in herself, everything she is looking for in a man.

But her desire for this super-shallow image of a man is so apparent to everyone who meets her, no man wants anything to do with her.

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Basic Instinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mark2006:
i think Education background and social life would figure the mind and personality not the Job possition

So are you saying that if you meet a woman stripper, cabdriver, truck driver or waiteress and she is educated and have social life - you would marry her - regardless of what she does for living because her job - does NOT tell you a lot about who she is a person?

So if Stripper is using her body to sexually arouse all kinds of men * for money * that would be just fine with you because she is "educated" and have great "social life"? LOL! What do you do for living - if I may ask?

If you want to marry person regardless of their economical, educational, and intellectual levels, go ahead, there are tons of waitresses and Strippers. However, You'll have to deal with the consequences. This kind of work ends up being done by people who are "just trying to make a living." If that's what you want, go for it.

Because the fact is, if you took a random person off the street and somehow got them to work as hard as they possibly could at "business management" for example, ( or pick anything else )for the next 20 years, they'd get surprisingly far. But it would require a great moral effort.

Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Basic Instinct     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Left.Side.Lying.State.Of.Mind:
six figure income. These are her criteria, and she's even told me she'd put up with him being unfaithful as long as he provided the type of life she wants.

Do you have any evidence or proof that shows how cabdrivers and people with low or no education, no Career and no Job actually do NOT cheat, and will NOT cheat?

What makes you think that someone highly educated with 6 figures income, excellent Career, and great Job is likely to cheat, while cabdrivers must have been 100% faithful and can not possibly do such thing?

daria1975
Member # 6244

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daria1975     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
six figure income. These are her criteria, and she's even told me she'd put up with him being unfaithful as long as he provided the type of life she wants.

Do you have any evidence or proof that shows how cabdrivers and people with low or no education, no Career and no Job actually do NOT cheat, and will NOT cheat?

What makes you think that someone highly educated with 6 figures income, excellent Career, and great Job is likely to cheat, while cabdrivers must have been 100% faithful and can not possibly do such thing?

What are you talking about? I'm just saying she'd be willing to put up with a cheater if he kept her in the lifestyle she desired. [Confused]

But yes, it's generally known that the higher the level of education a man has, the more likely he is to cheat. I believe it's the same for income. They have the means, the opportunity, and the sense of entitlement that comes from being a powerful man.

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3658/is_200504/ai_n13641677/pg_10

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3658/is_200504/ai_n13641677/pg_11

Posts: 8794 | From: 01-20-09 The End of an Error | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From my life among the wealth in the Middle East and Western Europe I would state that about 92.763 (repeating, of course) percent of wealthy men cheat RAMPANTLY on their wives [Razz] Especially after the age of 45. Younger women don't seem to be as put off by wealthy older men as older men are put off by their wives. I don't think cab drivers have young women after them for their money, and thus the temptation is less. Also, many wealthy people tend to take kindness for granted and figure there are more women to treat him like a king so why treasure any one woman in particular. I don't think that attitude is as prevelant in the less affluent classes.
Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

quote:
Originally posted by jessie:
Would you be a little hurt if your ideal guy tells you you don't meet HIS standards? Or does your high standard demand that he loves you for who you ARE? I'm not being critical here, find it sad, it's very rare for 2 gold diggers/social climbers to meet and fall in love!

Although I clearly stated in several occasions that I am not a gold digger, you are still trying to portray me in such light, and ask me questions as if I am not "worthy" of wanting in a man what I already have myself.

My ideal is a man who meets my standards and I meet his, he matches me economically, professionally, intellectually and educationally ( self-explanatory I match him as well ) it's not going to be 1 way street lovely.

You can not just get lazy and do very little and tell to everyone - "Oh well love me for who I am." If that's the case then all murderers and rapists should be excused for their crimes as there is always some excuse in their mind why they are who they are. [Big Grin]

Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

quote:
it's generally known that the higher the level of education a man has, the more likely he is to cheat. I believe it's the same for income. They have the means, the opportunity, and the sense of entitlement that comes from being a powerful man.

That's actually NOT true.

These researchers suggest that it may not be the money, per se, that leads to infidelity, but instead factors such as stress levels, education, entitlement, and opportunity.

All these factors could be applied on waitresses and cabdrivers.

Further, the risks of engaging in infidelity might be too great for individuals who are financially dependent on their partners.

Also, as seems to be the case with education, the distribution of income between partners appears to influence the likelihood of infidelity.

For example, when spouses are both unemployed, the incidence of EM sex is lower than it is when one partner works (Atkins, Baucom, & Jacobson, 2001).

You completely forgot Individual Characteristics.

Much more research is needed on the relationship between work, the type of work, and infidelity.

Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

quote:
What are you talking about? I'm just saying she'd be willing to put up with a cheater if he kept her in the lifestyle she desired.

I can give you tons of examples in which a man with 6 figure income, excellent Career and great Job is very faithful to his wife.

There are also tons of people of low or no education, no Career and no Jobs who cheat on their wives, but you just failed to mentioned them.

Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

quote:
Originally posted by Graf_Genn:
From my life among the wealth in the Middle East and Western Europe I would state that about 92.763 (repeating, of course) percent of wealthy men cheat RAMPANTLY on their wives [Razz] Especially after the age of 45.

Middle Eastern men cheat not because of income but because of their moral values.

If Islam or Christianity ( I believe most of Middle Eastern men are actually Muslims - correct me if I am wrong ) - was their religion which they practiced in youth and adulthood - than Muslims are 92.763 cheaters - according to your example, and I don't believe that's the case.

Unless, again Middle Eastern highly educated, with great Career and excellent jobs are not religious at all, and have very low moral values [Big Grin] I wonder, would you marry a waitress and what your mother would actually say about your choice?

Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graf_Genn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They cheat because of their values, yes, but the wealth gives them a sense of being above judgement, and as Left.Side said: entitlement. If you think that the wealthiest of Middle Eastern society actually care about their religion you would be shocked to spend time with them. I have Saudi friends that cannot go three days without seeing a prostitute. When we travel, the first thing they do upon arrival is look for someone to set them up with a girl for an hour or two. Wealthy, educated in fine universities in Europe, and married; and their fathers and uncles are the same way.
Religious? Most will claim to be Muslim and Christian but to them it has more to do with tradition and sense of nationality. Little to do with actual belief or behaviour.
Most real Muslims are not wealthy, and I believe they are more honest and behave more according to their religion than their affluent countrymen.

Personally, I think I could marry a waitress or even a cashier from McDonald's. As long as that wasn't her ultimate ambition. It depends if we were quite compatible. My standards in a spouse don't revolve around career, yet in other aspects I have quite high standards. I spoke to a friend from a similar background about this, and his response was "circumstances are not always favorable; if one does the best they can, all jobs are respectable." Quite honestly, I almost cried when he said this. This guy is probably the most handsome person I know, grew up rubbing elbows with children of heads of state, celebrities, etcetera, and he retains this kind of humility and wisdom. It is a rarity. [Frown] Anyway, my mother... although she adores this friend I speak of, I don't think she would be able to live up to his words. My mother is a sweetie but she is vain. If my wife didn't make my mother look positively regal, she probably wouldn't be happy. So my mother would probably be satisfied only if I married a princess. [Razz]

Posts: 345 | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by mark2006:
i think Education background and social life would figure the mind and personality not the Job possition

So are you saying that if you meet a woman stripper, cabdriver, truck driver or waiteress and she is educated and have social life - you would marry her - regardless of what she does for living because her job - does NOT tell you a lot about who she is a person?

So if Stripper is using her body to sexually arouse all kinds of men * for money * that would be just fine with you because she is "educated" and have great "social life"? LOL! What do you do for living - if I may ask?

If you want to marry person regardless of their economical, educational, and intellectual levels, go ahead, there are tons of waitresses and Strippers. However, You'll have to deal with the consequences. This kind of work ends up being done by people who are "just trying to make a living." If that's what you want, go for it.

Because the fact is, if you took a random person off the street and somehow got them to work as hard as they possibly could at "business management" for example, ( or pick anything else )for the next 20 years, they'd get surprisingly far. But it would require a great moral effort.

Hi Sharon why you try to confuse between meaning? why you dont analyse event , i said educatian and social life ok so if a girl educational background and social life (family and friends) are good , do you think she will go to work as a stripper???? for a living , i think this kind of girl will prefer not to eat better than showing her body to others , (buy the way in egypt we dont have girl as a cabdriver or truckdriver ) girls may work as sales in shops or secreatary and you can find waitress but it depend on the shop that they were .and i think in your country girls work alot in this field during summer time right? just to be independent right? and no one say they are bad girls ...right?
you will find tons of low positions and you will find them good educated and from good families also too polite and sure virgins .(not a strippers) and what you spot the light on it was for sure fack as i metioned before social life and education prevent of doing bad things and i didnt speak about strippers Sharon right???
about me i am an employee have my own room and my assitant (if it tell you what you want)

mark2006
Member # 11594

Rate Member
Buy the way what you do for living Sharon
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:
quote:
What are you talking about? I'm just saying she'd be willing to put up with a cheater if he kept her in the lifestyle she desired.

I can give you tons of examples in which a man with 6 figure income, excellent Career and great Job is very faithful to his wife.

There are also tons of people of low or no education, no Career and no Jobs who cheat on their wives, but you just failed to mentioned them.

I never said there weren't high-income, faithful men. I said they are more likely to cheat. There's a difference.
daria1975
Member # 6244

quote:

You completely forgot Individual Characteristics.

No I didn't. I think about them all the time. [Smile]

*You* are the one who's entirely forgotten about individual characteristics. You've boiled everyone down to a mere career.

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AAAAAAA i dont think i want to read all of this post..
Why wouldnt one marry a waitress?
I am a waitress, and i for one am sick of people looking down at those of us that do this for a living. We are not beneath anyone in fact we work harder than alot of people. People should be grateful that we are willing to take the position to ask what they want and bring it to them and make sure everything is just as they want and give them drink after drink. Just because we have not chosen some hi-tech career that requires years and years of college education as well as hundreds of thousands of dollars doesnt mean we are of a person or a lower person.
I personally make more at my "waitressing" job than many college graduates make in their jobs and i do it working less hours.
So to anyone that wont marry or date a waitress or anyone for that matter due to their job, they need to get over themselves and stop thinking they are better than other people

--------------------
http://image.lafemmebonita.com/c/av879029.jpg

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mysticheart   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not chosen some hi-tech career that requires years and years of college education as well as hundreds of thousands of dollars doesnt mean we are * less * of a person or a lower person.

--------------------

Posts: 2410 | From: Indiana, USA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Former ES Member and Moving Away
Member # 10626

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Former ES Member and Moving Away     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So to anyone that wont marry or date a waitress or anyone for that matter due to their job, they need to get over themselves and stop thinking they are better than other people [/QB][/QUOTE]

Nicely said. It seems more people need this kind of clarification.....

Posts: 820 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawnBev     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mysticheart:
you do an honest days work and you are no less of a person for being a waitress. Always believe in yourself.
Its not something I could do simply because I dont think I could smile and be nice to everyone all the time even to those who are rude and obnoxious and dont say thank you.

Posts: 1056 | From: UK, Middle East & Europe | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DawnBev
Member # 11276

Rate Member
and you deserve to be loved because of who you are, not because of your job!
Life is good
Member # 12116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Life is good         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mysticheart:
I can empatheise with you,I was a waitress come dogs' body before Uni and throughout.
Often it was hard work,long hours and you got little thanks.
Consilation for me though was that I knew it would not be for ever and also I loved the Americans coming in,they know how to tip for good service!
No one has the right to judge this career,some of my friends jacked their studies and find it suits them better.
So on with the waitressing girl!

Posts: 316 | From: UK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
Thank you.
I dont run into problems often in my work. My personality is such that usually if someone comes in in a bad mood i have them smiling pretty quickly. My boss says my smile is infectious. I do however occasionally run into a few people that turn their nose up at me or talk to me as if they are soo much better, but i see it more with the people i work with. We have this little greeting we have to say when we approach the tables and one of my co workers approached the table and before she even got her name out the man says We want this to drink and you may go now and waved his hand at her as if to shoo away a fly!!!!! That kind of behavior is horrid and he is lucky he had her and not me because i would have simply replied why thank you for letting me know i can go, someone else will be here to serve you from this point. I would have gone to my manager and refused that table completely. She was pissed but she continued to let him degrade her during the meal and in the end the bill was 70$ and he tipped 2$..... yeah... hmmm.
Most of my problem i run into is a customer here and there pretending not to notice i have approached the table or that i have asked a question and the occasional as i am speaking to another table taking their order someone holding up a half empty glass and yelling across the room my name shaking it at me.... lol wait your turn thank you, at least until i am finished speaking with the current table.

Anyway, Thank you so much to those of you who realize that it is a good job, a hard one at that.

PS..... to those who have not tried it and dont think its hard, or demanding or that you have to be smart to do it, go and try it.....

--------------------

mysticheart
Member # 6838

Rate Member
let me clarify more, those that dont think you have to be smart. As i re read i realized it didnt seem as i meant it.

--------------------

Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

quote:
Originally posted by Graf_Genn:
Personally, I think I could marry a waitress or even a cashier from McDonald's. As long as that wasn't her ultimate ambition. It depends if we were quite compatible. My mother is a sweetie but she is vain. If my wife didn't make my mother look positively regal, she probably wouldn't be happy. So my mother would probably be satisfied only if I married a princess. [Razz]

Have you really wrote all that in your previous reply to prove your point, or just to seduce couple of sexy waitresses we have here on the board? [Big Grin]
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
Hahaha [Big Grin] Just how would I know anyone on this forum is sexy? Isn't a forum the wrong place to seduce a waitress? Personally, I figure a restaurant would be a better place.
daria1975
Member # 6244

My brother was a waiter in college, and now he's close to a millionaire with his own business. Always dangerous to judge a book by its cover. [Wink]
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
My husband also worked during college days as a waiter .... and today he was promoted to LtCol! [Smile]
Basic Instinct
Member # 12051

LOL! Graf - I know because you have no other requirements for your future wife except that she is a waitress and that 2 of you are "compatible"! [Big Grin]
Graf_Genn
Member # 11802

Rate Member
No, I require her to be waitress by day, stripper by night, and McDonald's cashier after that. Then if she has a heart of gold, we will live happily. Pleased? [Razz]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com