EgyptSearch Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» EgyptSearch Forums » Share Your Egyptian Experiences/Love & Marriage chat » where is home....???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: where is home....???
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
last january i was in Egypt with my wife and her niece...and we made a tour around the country ..driving from Cairo all the way to siwa...then to Fayoum and all the way south to Asswan...then came back to qena...east to hurghada...north to Suez...east again to sinai..and then back to cairo..
it took us 32 days to do the trip as we planned..
it was a dream i had with my wife to explore my country..which i only lived in it 7 years in total..
the result of that trip was the following..
1- i couldn`t decide to move to live in Egypt perminantly..
2-but..strange...i loved Egypt more..and more..
3-my wife is in love with Asswan..she cried when she first saw the sand landscape in the western desert...
4-i had a disk cartledge fracture because of long driving..that problem took 6 months to heal..
5- coming back to Brazil...and doing another driving tour from Sao paulo to Rio de janiero..and the mountains of teresopolis i also cried..gods` creation is so perfect..never seen so much green in my life..
and i asked myself then..
is there a place on earth which i can feel home..???
i love Brazil...also so much..
my wife loves Egypt..
so we decided to split the year between both..
now i am in Egypt...
and i wonder..
these ppl attacking and cursing Egypt...have they seen it all there..??
i bet if they did a tour like mine ..they would never dare to do such a thing..
but still where is home..??
for me..
any where away from Holland... [Razz] [Razz] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aXXo
Member # 12042

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aXXo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how much money u spend in that tour ? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
i suppose u are rich man .. so try to hold in your pocket 1000 EGP and try to live with this money one month with ur wife in Egypt .. and u will realize that Egypt is not that much beautiful ...
Egypt can be kingdom for those who have money .. coz money can do EVERY THING in Egypt ..
but with ur low income (which is the normal case in Egypt) u will see Egypt's ugly face ..

--------------------
aXXo

Posts: 79 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aXXo
Member # 12042

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for aXXo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am Egyptian male by the way .. and i live here all my life ... and i didnt even see many of the places u visited in ur tour .. u know why .. coz life has priorities .. and the money that can be spend in that tour can be more useful if spend on something else .. more important and more essential .. i hope u understand me

--------------------
aXXo

Posts: 79 | From: cairo | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NourHayati
Member # 5507

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NourHayati     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Home is where your heart is
Posts: 327 | From: balad alnour | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NourHayati:
Home is where your heart is

I wanted to state just the same..... [Smile]
Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for _     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course most of Egypt citizens could not afford a trip like that and the country has beautiful breathtaking spots for sure.

But when people complain about your homecountry it's mostly because of problems in the daily life, low salaries, traffic, bureaucracy, dirt, sexual harrassment....

I am happy that your long-planned trip worked out so well and you all enjoyed it very much. Actually it's a great idea to do an individual vacation then go by a tourist company.

Posts: 30135 | From: The owner of this website killed ES....... | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aXXo:
how much money u spend in that tour ? [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
i suppose u are rich man .. so try to hold in your pocket 1000 EGP and try to live with this money one month with ur wife in Egypt .. and u will realize that Egypt is not that much beautiful ...
Egypt can be kingdom for those who have money .. coz money can do EVERY THING in Egypt ..
but with ur low income (which is the normal case in Egypt) u will see Egypt's ugly face ..

well...i earned every penny of my money the hard way pal..now it is time to enjoy it...
i started in Egypt to be rich...started from scratch...it ain`t difficult to make money...but for Egyptians it is difficult to work hard...i used to work since i was 16 during school season even....that paid me some experience when i was ready to start my career...and with more work i started my own business..
Egypt has a smily face ...if people would stop nagging and start to work their minds and soul...hard to come with new ideas to make money...
people in Egypt want the money to jump into their pockets on its own...they are not used to hard work..
and those who have money...some of them like me... worked so hard to get that kingdom as you called it...believe me....it wasn`t easy..at least in my case...
envying people who has money is not going to lead anywhere...
better if looking at them as some of them set the right example of success...
i hope you understand me.. [Big Grin]

Posts: 165 | From: São paulo/Brazil Cairo/Egypt | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by *Princess Tigerlily*:
Of course most of Egypt citizens could not afford a trip like that and the country has beautiful breathtaking spots for sure.

But when people complain about your homecountry it's mostly because of problems in the daily life, low salaries, traffic, bureaucracy, dirt, sexual harrassment....

I am happy that your long-planned trip worked out so well and you all enjoyed it very much. Actually it's a great idea to do an individual vacation then go by a tourist company.

all the above mentioned problems...are one in a milion from the same and much worse problems that exists in Brazil...people like very much to see the ugliness ....and they choose it as an execuse for just complaining...
if Egyptians have the same situation that we have in Brazil..what would they do..???
they should thank Allah for what they have then...
and if someone wants to change something...why doesn`t he or she start by him or herself...
why people are so damn negative....and accepting the worse to come...
why don`t they just change themselves and their lives...???
cos they are either lazy...or afraid to do so..

Egyptians...and i am sorry to say it ...are very lazy bums if they keep living this way...
and thanks for the wishes dear...
the best thing we did in the tour...was that we saved heaps of money doing it this way...
and now i have the experience ...so i can help my friends doing just the same....
ahhh by the way...the biggest cost was my niece...cos she was a Brazilian..now my wife has the residency...so we have the 50% discount in any hotel...
another remark...food outside the hotel in Luxor or Asswan is really bad....in Al Menya...even the hotel food was bad..
the rest was just perfect..

_
Member # 3567

Rate Member
Most Egyptians tend to accept their fate; you pointed that out right. Many things are wrong in Egypt and it seems like nothing changes for the better.

If we move back we will also get Egyptian prices for hotel accomodations, airfares etc. as we will be residing there. I really have to talk back to my husband about doing a trip on our own. We are quite familiar with different areas in Egypt and feel very comfortable traveling around. I love the idea. [Smile]

aXXo
Member # 12042

Rate Member
i wasnt discussing how u get ur money or u tired to make it or not ... i am just telling u that if u have it ( not matter how .. even if u find it in the street or inherit it ) u can live here like king ...
but dont generalize the case and say that all who live in Egypt see its beautiful face ...
i hope u understand me
and also dont generalize that Egyptians dont work hard ... if u see some of them dont work hard .. this is not the rule ..
u did like the west .. when they saw Osama Bin Laden .. they said that Islam is the religion of terrorists

--------------------
aXXo

Tutandmoane
Member # 12060

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tutandmoane   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
people see things from different side of the fence. thats clear. Egypt could be almost close to a paradise-yet if you only have Egyptian passport it could be close to hell.
Posts: 319 | From: egypt/uk | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aXXo
Member # 12042

Rate Member
and i wasnt envying u Brazilian friend ... here we have thousands like u

--------------------
aXXo

silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by misbah:
people see things from different side of the fence. thats clear. Egypt could be almost close to a paradise-yet if you only have Egyptian passport it could be close to hell.

well i have 3 passports ...
the only one that gets me 50% in hotels is the Egyptian...
it is also the Egyptian passport that make me pay only 20% of taxes...in Brazil around 42 %....in Holland 54 %...
well...that among other benefits...
look if you have the dutch..wait for the blue envilope every month in your mailbox...
damned you if you find one..your money is going 54 % less at th emoment you open the envilope...sometimes you pay more...
no way of making business and making money while you are paying all these high taxes..

the Brazilian one...means you are just a wheel in the beurocracy of the state...or you are in dept to Banks..
actually ..
nothing better for me than to use the Egyptian Any where i go...
i make money because of my Egyptian passport dear friend...

silent
Member # 11919

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aXXo:
and i wasnt envying u Brazilian friend ... here we have thousands like u

first ..i am not Brazilian..
having the passport of that country or another doesn`t erase where are my roots..
is it better for you if i say..
that MOST egyptians are lazy bums>>???
helpless people who don`t wanna change for the better...
they wait...
and what comes their way they accept it..
and again..
i am talking about the majority...not the whole nation...

and if you were not envying...others will do...
that problem doesn`t exist in Brazil...for example...why..??
because poor people go grab by force what the rich have....looooooooool
being rich in Brazil means that you are targeted 24/7...
we have armoured cars..electrical wores around the house...and body guards..
we must own guns...even with the law permitting that...
just to defend ourselves..incase we are attacked..
you can be also attacked by the police if the thiefs are giving them a share ...
we live in battle zone...either in Sao paulo...and worse situation in Rio de janiero...

so...that explains why egyptians are lucky with saftey...damned with envy..
they see the rich from far...and jsut that...

both examples are tottaly wrong...
why not improve their lives status....invent something....new idea...new career...there must be something to lift people and push them forward...
but they must work damn hard to reach there...
am i understood .. dear friend..???

treesloth
Member # 12025

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for treesloth     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A quote that sums up my feelings about home...from the novel "American Gods", by Neil Gaiman.

"He wondered whether home was a thing that happened to a place after a while, or if it was something that you found in the end, if you simply, walked and waited and willed it long enough."

Posts: 22 | From: Phoenix | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.
UBB Code™ Images not permitted.
Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | EgyptSearch!

(c) 2015 EgyptSearch.com